• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[SOLVED] Frametime spikes/Stutters/FPS drops in all games.

If youre willing to give me all the rights with teamviewer I can take a look. I have fixed many of these problems before if you search my messages.

I don't know if you still having the issue, but I would love to give you an advise, sometimes is not your pc components, but the (electricity) there is something called (dirty electricity ) and 85% of people have dirty electricity, but while a 15% of them lives in proper buildings with proper electricity companies that offer a clean service, with less margin of errors

In your case i will highly recommend if you live in America go for a Panamax Power conditioner 110/120v
but if you live in Europe Australia, go for a 220/240v Power conditioner FURMAN.
Also make you sure to buy too a UPS double conversion (it has to be double conversion) that will keep the electricity frequency stable, and the power conditioner will clean the high electricity spikes, mantain the In/out voltage aka 110/120 or 220/240

And I can asure you, that you will have a crisp sound/crisp image, no longer stuttering, or visual lag, less input lag, you will be fixed

Cheers

So yeah man I have a new 850 Watt PSU and this power conditioner being delivered this week. I hope to god this fixes my issue and I will let you know if I have any success. Please keep in touch if somehow you find any new info either. Peace.

How is it going? I am watching this thread because I am also experiencing long frame times on what I call a “cyclical” basis. They are very consistently timed. But I am just learning about frame timing now in this past week though I have had this problem for years and was never able to find a fix. It def takes the fun out of gaming. I have all but quit as a result. The only things I haven’t tried are swapping DP cables, and PSU. I can’t recall the chronology of how my problem coincided with my UPS failure. I have a new UPS waiting in-box. Curious if that may by some miracle fix all of this.

bbacks26

I don't know if you still having the issue, but I would love to give you an advise, sometimes is not your pc components, but the (electricity) there is something called (dirty electricity ) and 85% of people have dirty electricity, but while a 15% of them lives in proper buildings with proper electricity companies that offer a clean service, with less margin of errors

In your case i will highly recommend if you live in America go for a Panamax Power conditioner 110/120v
but if you live in Europe Australia, go for a 220/240v Power conditioner FURMAN.
Also make you sure to buy too a UPS double conversion (it has to be double conversion) that will keep the electricity frequency stable, and the power conditioner will clean the high electricity spikes, mantain the In/out voltage aka 110/120 or 220/240

And I can asure you, that you will have a crisp sound/crisp image, no longer stuttering, or visual lag, less input lag, you will be fixed

Cheers
Tried using a UPS, did not fix issue. However I have now found what I believe is the cause of my spikes. In Event Viewer-->Security-->Audit Success logs, I have over thousands of different logs. The ones in particular that are logged into Event viewer at the EXACT time I get a spike are as follows: Event ID 4642, 4672, and 5379. The time in which these events are logged correlate exactly with my spikes. I have looked in other forums about people having some stuttering/freezing resulting from these event logs but no solutions were found. I'm considering calling Microsoft IT support.

How is it going? I am watching this thread because I am also experiencing long frame times on what I call a “cyclical” basis. They are very consistently timed. But I am just learning about frame timing now in this past week though I have had this problem for years and was never able to find a fix. It def takes the fun out of gaming. I have all but quit as a result. The only things I haven’t tried are swapping DP cables, and PSU. I can’t recall the chronology of how my problem coincided with my UPS failure. I have a new UPS waiting in-box. Curious if that may by some miracle fix all of this.
Hey man, I tried using a UPS, did not fix issue. However I have now found what I believe is the cause of my spikes. In Event Viewer-->Security-->Audit Success logs, I have over thousands of different logs. The ones in particular that are logged into Event viewer at the EXACT time I get a spike are as follows: Event ID 4642, 4672, and 5379. The time in which these events are logged correlate exactly with my spikes. I have looked in other forums about people having some stuttering/freezing resulting from these event logs but no solutions were found. I'm considering calling Microsoft IT support. If you don't mind, would you look in your event viewer and see if you have any of these log ID's? I would really appreciate it. All you have to do: Open Event Viewer, Click on the Security Tab, Click Audit Success.

Tried using a UPS, did not fix issue. However I have now found what I believe is the cause of my spikes. In Event Viewer-->Security-->Audit Success logs, I have over thousands of different logs. The ones in particular that are logged into Event viewer at the EXACT time I get a spike are as follows: Event ID 4642, 4672, and 5379. The time in which these events are logged correlate exactly with my spikes. I have looked in other forums about people having some stuttering/freezing resulting from these event logs but no solutions were found. I'm considering calling Microsoft IT support.

Hey man, I tried using a UPS, did not fix issue. However I have now found what I believe is the cause of my spikes. In Event Viewer-->Security-->Audit Success logs, I have over thousands of different logs. The ones in particular that are logged into Event viewer at the EXACT time I get a spike are as follows: Event ID 4642, 4672, and 5379. The time in which these events are logged correlate exactly with my spikes. I have looked in other forums about people having some stuttering/freezing resulting from these event logs but no solutions were found. I'm considering calling Microsoft IT support. If you don't mind, would you look in your event viewer and see if you have any of these log ID's? I would really appreciate it. All you have to do: Open Event Viewer, Click on the Security Tab, Click Audit Success. Keep me posted.

Hey man, I tried using a UPS, did not fix issue. However I have now found what I believe is the cause of my spikes. In Event Viewer-->Security-->Audit Success logs, I have over thousands of different logs. The ones in particular that are logged into Event viewer at the EXACT time I get a spike are as follows: Event ID 4642, 4672, and 5379. The time in which these events are logged correlate exactly with my spikes. I have looked in other forums about people having some stuttering/freezing resulting from these event logs but no solutions were found. I'm considering calling Microsoft IT support. If you don't mind, would you look in your event viewer and see if you have any of these log ID's? I would really appreciate it. All you have to do: Open Event Viewer, Click on the Security Tab, Click Audit Success.

If you need help you can join to a server of a friend, that has helped many gamers already, you see I started to do input lag/ visual research since 2009 when a guy in Steam forums, created a thread called (Cs Isn't smooth )counter strike isn't smooth that forum become so popular, that last to 2017 or something

Many people there was having your same situation in many games, all games.

For this reason I was one of the guy that cooperate a lot in many forums (github, nvidia, steam forums, reddit, tomshardware) and so on.
until I meet a girl from Google Melody, that lead a programming cluster in Google Italy, she didn't have input or visual lag until 2019 June, when she went to her vacation house in mountains, and was back to Milano, in all of her computer she was start to feeling this sensation of input lag visual lag, and everything was properly configured cause she is the real frankstein of computer analyzes, very enthusiastic woman, so for this reason she spend a lot money in research +plus my info about all this years, and we ended up with the conclusion of electricity dirtyness ..

And nope, is not only a UPS <-- there are 3 type of ups.

UPS Line Interactive
UPS OFFLINE> also called stand by
Lastly but not least the important one is the (Double Conversion ) <-- this one has a filter that cleans the Electricity AC to DC, unlike the Line Interactive or offline those has no conversion system.
They only works as an aid just to avoid computer shut down when there is a electricity cut. (thats it) while UPs double conversion provide +safe + clean electricity
now if you combine that UPS double conversion + Power conditioner, you will feel the difference.

So anyway i'm just here to help you 0 in return.
Cheers.

PD: I apologies for my poor English Grammar.

Acaelus

If youre willing to give me all the rights with teamviewer I can take a look. I have fixed many of these problems before if you search my messages.
I have been having exactly the same issue, and I have followed all the steps suggested so far. Would you like to have a crack at mine?

D

Deleted member 193596

Hello,

I am experiencing stuttering / frame time spikes in every game I play. I have spent days trying to diagnose what could be causing them but to no success. This same problem was happening on my old PC that I fully upgraded 2 weeks ago and the issue is still occurring. PLEASE if you have any input/suggestions let me know because I am losing my mind over this issue.
MY SPECS:
  • -i7 9700k (not OC)
  • -EVGA Geforce RTX 2080ti XC Hybrid (not OC)
  • -Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 3200mhz
  • -ASUS Prime Z390-A
  • -Corsair RMX 750x WATT PSU
  • -Samsung 970 EVO 500gb M.2 SSD
  • -6TB WD Blue 5400RPM HDD-1TB WD BLUE 7200RPM HDD-TP Link TL-WDN4800 PCIe Wifi Adapter
  • -Primary Monitor: ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165hz Gsync)
  • -Secondary Monitor: ASUS VG248QG (1080p, 165hz, Gsync)
MY SITUATION:

In every game I play there are frame time spikes which cause my fps to drop slightly. These spikes + small fps drops result in a very noticeable stutter. I cap my fps at 162 because that is what the Blur Buster G SYNC Guide Recommends: (https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/) ------ In my case, since I have a 165hz monitor, I set my fps cap at 162 (3fps below displays maximum refresh rate) and I also Enabled V Sync in NVIDIA Control Panel and Disabled it in games. I use Rivatuner to cap the fps. During games my framerate will be at 162 yet randomly will drop very slightly to sometimes 161, 160, 159 fps, etc and the stutter is very noticeable. I noticed that these frame stutters happen more often for example when I am moving around the map in CSGO rather than just standing still. My rig is very capable so these frame drops in CSGO make zero sense. These frame time spikes occur in both online/offline games.

Here is an example of what I'm experiencing: This is a 5 minute play session of CSGO. As I said, the frame rate only drops about 1-5 frames yet the stutter is very noticeable. Notice how the frame rate drops are in sync with the frame-time spikes. (You might have to zoom in to see the small dips in frames)
View attachment 159371
HERES ACTUAL GAME FOOTAGE:
------ This footage does not capture the actual stutters as I see them, maybe this is something related to my issue?

This issue was happening to me before I upgraded my PC 2 weeks ago, and for some bizarre reason is still occurring. I swapped every single component CPU, GPU, MOBO, SSD, PSU). The only part I did not change is my Wifi Adapter but I wanted to make sure so I removed it from PC, played games in offline mode, and stutters still occur so cant be the issue.

WHAT I'VE DONE:
  • SWAPPED EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT IN MY PC (GPU, CPU, MOBO)
  • Reinstalled Windows Multiple Times (Even on New SSD)Reinstalled GPU drivers (Used DDU for clean install without Geforce Experience)
  • -Updated Bios/ MOBO Drivers (Audio/LAN/Chipset)
  • -Disabled All In-Game Overlays
  • -XMP On/Off - No difference
  • -Closed all unessessary background processes
  • -Turned on High Performance Power Plan in Windows
  • -Turned on Prefer max performance in NVCP
  • -Messed with every combination of Enabling/Disabling Gsync and Vsync - stutter still occurs in any configuration
  • -Tried capping fps at lower values (144, 120, 60) - stutter still occurs
  • -Disabled HPET
  • -Disabled C States
  • -Disabled Speed Step/ Disabled Speed Shift
  • -Created an Empty Standby List Task that runs every 5 mins
  • -Tested on Other 165hz monitor - no difference
  • -Used different Display port - no diff
  • -Turned game settings all low - no effect
  • -Play games in Offline mode - no effect
  • -Ran Memtest86 - no errors found
  • -Disabled Game DVR
  • -Plugged PC into different wall outlet in case this is somehow a power issue. Had no effect.

NOTES:
  • Temperatures are all normal
  • I have bench marked GPU, CPU and both are performing normally
  • No overclocks
  • I have searched countless other forums about this issue, none had a fix
  • There has got to be some underlying cause for this, it can't just be a random occurrence. So PLEASE, if you have ANY and I mean ANY sort of advice, guidance, etc please let me know.
Thanks
i need to tell you something important.

i had the EXACT SAME SITUATION as you since over a YEAR.

i swapped everything (built new PCs from scratch) and the stutter never disappeared.

then i found the solution.

the Front Panel USB 3.0 connection to my motherboard.
i bought another case (H710 was on sale and looks awesome + it fits a NH D15 even on tall RAM)
and woosh.. every stuttering went away.

i quickly plugged my front panel USB from my Phanteks P400a in my motherboard an all the stuttering was back (there was NOTHING plugged in to the front panel at all! just the cable)

i swapped everything (built new PCs from scratch) and the stutter never disappeared.

i bought another case (H710 was on sale and looks awesome + it fits a NH D15 even on tall RAM)

i quickly plugged my front panel USB from my Phanteks P400a in my motherboard an all the stuttering was back (there was NOTHING plugged in to the front panel at all! just the cable)

Glad you found the issue, but, sometimes it way better to build the computer outside of the case, to test if there are any EMI because of bad CASE as it was in your case the front panel usb 3.0 cable that came from the Phanteks P400a was causing the issue.

Also i have similar situation whereas my thermaltake v9 case, the front usb 2.0 connector that was placed side by side with the Green audio plug and microphone, were causing them issues like (audio sttutering) so even if i connected my headphones in the rear of the case via motherboard, I will have audio issues
So i had to disconnect the front 2.0 usb.

but of course this didn't even fix the visual lag, or input lag, Just cleaned the audio a bit.

this was back in 2017
Currently i have a EVGA GTX 1060 6gb+ ryzen 5 1600 + v9 thermaltake case + b350 fatality k4 gaming, and yup i have terrible visual lag
And the GPU will not reach to its full potential of (power consumption)

So yeah in my case i have a dirty electricity, but as i live in Venezuela, the situation really suck :/ ( I cannot swap pieces of my build easily, nor i can buy a power conditioner or ups double conversion) but as matter of fat, I know friends that manage to fix their issues with the ups+power conditioner.

They tested already pc out of case, multiple pc components, until they buy the power conditioner + ups, voila problem solved.

Gosh again I apologies for my ugly grammar :(

PD: I'm guessing your motherboard 3.0 usb front panel, has no issues with the new cable probided by your h710 case, right?

Last edited:

bbacks26

Unfortunately, the UPS did not solve the problem for me. I am still undergoing this issue. Trying a fresh windows reinstall as I’m typing this on my phone. I’m running out of ideas. This has been an awful experience for me considering I just put so much money and time into this.

WOW! That is such a crazy solution but at this point I have troubleshooted so much that I’m desperate for any sort of fix. I’m very glad that helped you. I will definitely give this a shot in the morning. I should just be able to unplug the front panel usb from my motherboard with no problems right? And Just to be clear, when you say that you went through my EXACT situation, did you experience the frametime spikes/FPS drops? Also did these stutters occur only in games or while browsing, using basic windows apps? Just wanna make sure that you and I are experiencing the same problem. Thank you so much for you’re reply, you have given me some much needed hope!

D

Deleted member 193596

Unfortunately, the UPS did not solve the problem for me. I am still undergoing this issue. Trying a fresh windows reinstall as I’m typing this on my phone. I’m running out of ideas. This has been an awful experience for me considering I just put so much money and time into this.

WOW! That is such a crazy solution but at this point I have troubleshooted so much that I’m desperate for any sort of fix. I’m very glad that helped you. I will definitely give this a shot in the morning. I should just be able to unplug the front panel usb from my motherboard with no problems right? And Just to be clear, when you say that you went through my EXACT situation, did you experience the frametime spikes/FPS drops? Also did these stutters occur only in games or while browsing, using basic windows apps? Just wanna make sure that you and I are experiencing the same problem. Thank you so much for you’re reply, you have given me some much needed hope!

i was a bit drunk when i wrote this but what i wanted to say is the still the same.

i had massive frametime issues in every existing game (not in browsers, or on the desktop)

a fresh windows 10 installation, steam and the game = stuttering, frametime issues all over the place.

unplugged the USB 3 header from the motherboard and everything was fine.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
@Vya Domus
why would you want to turn of gsync (outside testing different things to rule out cause),
as its exactly designed to help with refresh (sync) issues between moni and gpu?

@x58haze
dirty power can cause issues, not the ones described where you have constant regular intervals of fps drops.

and it doesnt require a UPS (definitely not a battery backup mode) to filter incoming power.
heck there are enough surge protectors offering power line "filters", and plugging in 2 after another wont make it better.
and it would be much more beneficial, if the UPS has a "true" sine wave out (vs stepped) as most active PFC psu's wont like a stepped output.
(might wanna read up on stuff a bit more before giving recommendation on this)

power strip with EMI/RFI filter

@bbacks26
switch gpu power management from optimal/adaptive to max perf for a single game and try,
the 2080 and up have enough raw power to down clock after a short period, because of (too) low load, found it out after a 1060 had no trouble).

uninstall riva tuner (dont just disable it. use game profiles in Nv panel to set max fps), and make sure afterburner does not monitor anything related to "power" (no matter if gpu or cpu).
are you using gpu hw scheduler in win? (worth trying in on)
did you use DDU 18.028 to clean? (was pc offline thru out cleaning?)

i expect this to be related to driver, if your using 452.xx, as i have similar issues and other ppl report probs they dont have with prior drivers.
go offline for everything until driver is installed:
pause win update.
disable afterburner (incl boot with win), uninstall rivatuner.
uninstall all Nv stuff, reboot in between.
reboot to safe mode, change settings for DDU to block windows from installing driver thru win update and to clean anything Nv related incl deleting folders and monitor,
use ddu in clean/no reboot mode,
reboot manually and clean again with DDU, shutdown.
install 451.67/87 in custom mode and select clean install.

Last edited:
@Vya Domus
why would you want to turn of gsync (outside testing different things to rule out cause),
as its exactly designed to help with refresh (sync) issues between moni and gpu?

@x58haze
dirty power can cause issues, not the ones described where you have constant regular intervals of fps drops.

and it doesnt require a UPS (definitely not a battery backup mode) to filter incoming power.
heck there are enough surge protectors offering power line "filters", and plugging in 2 after another wont make it better.
and it would be much more beneficial, if the UPS has a "true" sine wave out (vs stepped) as most active PFC psu's wont like a stepped output.
(might wanna read up on stuff a bit more before giving recommendation on this)

power strip with EMI/RFI filter

@bbacks26
switch gpu power management from optimal/adaptive to max perf for a single game and try,
the 2080 and up have enough raw power to down clock after a short period, because of (too) low load, found it out after a 1060 had no trouble).

uninstall riva tuner (dont just disable it. use game profiles in Nv panel to set max fps), and make sure afterburner does not monitor anything related to "power" (no matter if gpu or cpu).
are you using gpu hw scheduler in win? (worth trying in on)
did you use DDU 18.028 to clean? (was pc offline thru out cleaning?)

i expect this to be related to driver, if your using 452.xx, as i have similar issues and other ppl report probs they dont have with prior drivers.
go offline for everything until driver is installed:
pause win update.
disable afterburner (incl boot with win), uninstall rivatuner.
uninstall all Nv stuff, reboot in between.
reboot to safe mode, change settings for DDU to block windows from installing driver thru win update and to clean anything Nv related incl deleting folders and monitor,
use ddu in clean/no reboot mode,
reboot manually and clean again with DDU, shutdown.
install 451.67/87 in custom mode and select clean install.

Hello mr Fry, thing is, I was describing and recommending not a regular or common UPS, the one i was recommending was a (double conversion ) <---

what UPS double conversion does is converting current to 12V for the internal battery, then converting it back to either 120/ 220V
it goes like this -> input A/C -> convert to DC 12V -> convert to A/C again

So this has cleaning result for the (stability of hertz, in terms of current) I can confirm this with friends from Italy and all over Europe.

And is not the first time that users report better gaming experience playing through a laptop getting a much better input because of their battery.
But guess what? when they charges for the very first time their laptop to a external Outlet where it has dirty electricity variations causing EMI, their laptops start to malfunctioning goes like inputlag, sttutering , so for this reason people report that by using a UPS-double conversion plus a power conditioner (they fixed their problems) and just to make it clear, not every state/city has dirty electricity.

And second I wasn't talking about massive FPS drops, if you check here the guy that star the topic he said fps drops 1-5 is not massive fps drops
So yeah, I still recommend people to get a proper UPS <-- sinewave double conversion.

And yes the voltage protector filters do nothing <-- only protection this doesn't convert nor cleaning dirty electricity

so yeah I know what i'm talking about, cheers.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
lol,
its not needed for consumer, they dont run mission critical stuff.
and it wastes more energy (going thru DC), and main reason why almost all consumer UPS will NOT use the conversion/battery
(which is why consumer UPS use AVR to stabilize voltage) .

using a UPS is usually better, because of more STABLE output that is independent of outlet fluctuations
(unless there are existing EMI or similar issues).
especially since dirty power in homes is most of the time caused by appliances in the house (freezer/range/hair dryer/washer etc).

and until see pics/links to tests etc, that non double conversion units from APC or CyberPower have dirty output (oscilloscope),
i still say its a waste of money (unit and operational cost) for avg user/consumer,
especially given the higher cost vs AVR enabled units with pure sine out.

Last edited:

dunkunid

First time poster,

It seems I have similar problem, and I get here.

Just trying with NVIDIA control panel — one line above the PRE rendered frames there is something about energy, I change optimal for max performance and hope it will help

I will definitely give this a shot in the morning. I should just be able to unplug the front panel usb from my motherboard with no problems right? ... Thank you so much for you’re reply, you have given me some much needed hope!

I’m very curious if this worked for you bbacks26. I have tried so many things, but that is one thing I know I haven’t tried. I would like to add that I have changed OS to Win7 and even Linux with no change to the stuttering.

Shonc502

I’m having the same issue with a 2080ti no OC a i7 9700k also not OC either. I’ve tried everything and can’t seem to fix it. Did you find a solution?

bbacks26

I’m very curious if this worked for you bbacks26. I have tried so many things, but that is one thing I know I haven’t tried. I would like to add that I have changed OS to Win7 and even Linux with no change to the stuttering.

I’m having the same issue with a 2080ti no OC a i7 9700k also not OC either. I’ve tried everything and can’t seem to fix it. Did you find a solution?

YES I DID FIX THE STUTTERING !!!FINALLY!! I feel terrible for not updating this thread, my apologies. What I did that removed all stuttering was a combination of things so bare with me here: a fresh install of windows, unplugged the USB 3.0 cable from my motherboard, set my XMP profile to on and chose the "XMP 2" option in ASUS bios, changed my fps limit on my 165hz monitor from 162 to 163 in Nvidia control panel under "Max Framerate" (this seemed to be a more stable limit for some bizarre reason), completely uninstalled MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner as these introduced stuttering for me, Turned ON GPU Scheduling in Windows settings, turned on high performance power mode, turned off xbox game mode/dvr, and I also disabled all background apps in settings. The difference is night and day. Been dealing with stuttering for 4 months on my new 2k dollar pc and I can FINALLY enjoy it! There is literally 0 stutter now. PLEASE, if my situation is similar to yours, try out these steps. I suggest trying some of the less extreme stuff first (setting fps limit to 163, turning on XMP 2) before going ahead with a fresh windows install. The smaller things might actually be the issue. Please lmk if they helped you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that’s great you got it fixed! Super cool that you can finally enjoy your $2k investment. This experience has made me consider other non-Windows platforms for gaming.
I am still curious, how much of a chance do you think it was unplugging the USB 3.0 that fixed it? Maybe you could plug it back in and see if the problem returns?
Thank you very much for coming back and letting us know what you did to fix it. It is certainly a contribution to the community.

FancyMinute

YES I DID FIX THE STUTTERING !!!FINALLY!! I feel terrible for not updating this thread, my apologies. What I did that removed all stuttering was a combination of things so bare with me here: a fresh install of windows, unplugged the USB 3.0 cable from my motherboard, set my XMP profile to on and chose the "XMP 2" option in ASUS bios, changed my fps limit on my 165hz monitor from 162 to 163 in Nvidia control panel under "Max Framerate" (this seemed to be a more stable limit for some bizarre reason), completely uninstalled MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner as these introduced stuttering for me, Turned ON GPU Scheduling in Windows settings, turned on high performance power mode, turned off xbox game mode/dvr, and I also disabled all background apps in settings. The difference is night and day. Been dealing with stuttering for 4 months on my new 2k dollar pc and I can FINALLY enjoy it! There is literally 0 stutter now. PLEASE, if my situation is similar to yours, try out these steps. I suggest trying some of the less extreme stuff first (setting fps limit to 163, turning on XMP 2) before going ahead with a fresh windows install. The smaller things might actually be the issue. Please lmk if they helped you!
Thank you very much for the update i had a similar problem with 3k rig and unplug the front usb did it i'm so happy

bbacks26

Thank you very much for the update i had a similar problem with 3k rig and unplug the front usb did it i'm so happy
So glad to hear that man! Crazy how something so unusual like a USB cable can cause stuttering. Enjoy your pc!

Wow that’s great you got it fixed! Super cool that you can finally enjoy your $2k investment. This experience has made me consider other non-Windows platforms for gaming.
I am still curious, how much of a chance do you think it was unplugging the USB 3.0 that fixed it? Maybe you could plug it back in and see if the problem returns?
Thank you very much for coming back and letting us know what you did to fix it. It is certainly a contribution to the community.
After further testing, yes it was the usb cable all this time! I have no clue how or why this would affect my pc performance but unplugging the cable removed all stutters.

i was a bit drunk when i wrote this but what i wanted to say is the still the same.

i had massive frametime issues in every existing game (not in browsers, or on the desktop)

a fresh windows 10 installation, steam and the game = stuttering, frametime issues all over the place.

unplugged the USB 3 header from the motherboard and everything was fine.
Just wanted to say thank you so much for replying to this thread! Unplugging the usb cable fixed my stutters as well! I can finally enjoy my PC now cause of you :)

D

Deleted member 193596

Just wanted to say thank you so much for replying to this thread! Unplugging the usb cable fixed my stutters as well! I can finally enjoy my PC now cause of you :)
nothing to thank for.

i am happy that i could help you! :)

goldgin

Hi, I just wanted to post my stupid mistake about the USB front-cover cable. In my case the fault was also the cable but the reason was so stupid: it was blocking the GPU fan!!! I just moved it away so the fan could turn and everything was fixed.

I'm lucky it didn't explode... anyway, hope I helped.