• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

All pairs of headphones show up as one speaker.[SOLVED]

L0shiqTatk0

Hello,i have a problem my i've connected two pairs of headphones to my pc because i want to play ''a way out'' with a friend.I know that i have to set the second pair of headphones to listen to this device on stereo mix, but the problem is that they both show up as one speaker.Also i dont have a Realtek audio manager in control panel.I have Realtek audio console from the microsoft store.I also have a razer 7.1 surround sound software,but i'm not really using it so i don't that;s causing the issue.
What i've tried:
Reinstalling Realtek drivers
Updateing Realtek drivers
Doesn't matter if they are plugged in or not sound in contol panel shows one speaker

Thank you to everyone that tries to help me!

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hello,i have a problem my i've connected two pairs of headphones to my pc because i want to play ''a way out'' with a friend.I know that i have to set the second pair of headphones to listen to this device on stereo mix, but the problem is that they both show up as one speaker.Also i dont have a Realtek audio manager in control panel.I have Realtek audio console from the microsoft store.I also have a razer 7.1 surround sound software,but i'm not really using it so i don't that;s causing the issue.
What i've tried:
Reinstalling Realtek drivers
Updateing Realtek drivers
Doesn't matter if they are plugged in or not sound in contol panel shows one speaker

Thank you to everyone that tries to help me!
What is this setting that you have changed?
Can you provide a screenshot?

L0shiqTatk0

What is this setting that you have changed?
Can you provide a screenshot?
I didn't really change any major settings that wolud impact on that.If you want me to provide a screenshot of something just tell me what exactly and i will send it.Also i'm really sorry for replaying with such a delay,but i had some work to do.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
There are two ways to go about it:
1) Just buy a headphone splitter and crank up the volume a bit(assuming you have some regular 32Ohm headphones).
2) Enable "Stereo Mix" under "Recording Devices". Plug in first pair into rear output, and second pair to the front output. This solution is a bit finicky and may cause issues with certain software (rarely, but it's annoying when it does).

L0shiqTatk0

UPDATE:I used realtek audio console that is available in the microsoft store.Previously it said something about not being able to connect to RCP.Found a solution on this thread - https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/realtek-audio-console-cant-connect-to-rpc-service.254937/ deleted all realtek drivers and downloaded the newest ones wich fixed the RPC problem and i just saw this option.That actually made my second pair of headphones pop up,wich allowed me to use the stero mix to set my first pair to default device and my second pair to listen to.Also something very important if someone is reading this in the future you can use realtek audio console to set the rear audio jack to be set as headphones not speakers (it's speakers on default)that made the audio way cleaner.
Thanks for the help alot!

There are two ways to go about it:
1) Just buy a headphone splitter and crank up the volume a bit(assuming you have some regular 32Ohm headphones).
2) Enable "Stereo Mix" under "Recording Devices". Plug in first pair into rear output, and second pair to the front output. This solution is a bit finicky and may cause issues with certain software (rarely, but it's annoying when it does).
No need to do that i posted an update thank you for the suggestion anyways!

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Mouse Logitech G603
Also in Realtek Console under Advanced settings you can re-purpose the front panel mic jack for headphones as well, which is more convenient

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Mouse Logitech G603