• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

128-core OEM CPU has a show, AMD Zen4 processor has samples

• Thread starter Deleted member 181753
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 181753

The 128-core CPU is interesting, and AMD Zen4 processor samples have come out: 5nm process, area 80mm2.
AMD promises to launch 7nm+ process Zen3 processor this year, and then the new 5nm process Zen4 , EPYC server processor "Genoa" will first launch Zen4.
Earlier information indicated that Zen4 should come out in 2022, but it may be ahead of schedule now.
AMD now has 5nm Zen4 samples, which means that Tapeout is complete.
TSMC will mass-produce the 5nm process this year.
In 2021, 7nm and 5nm production capacity can be Up to 200,000 wafers, far exceeding the current level. On the other hand, the progress of Zen3 should be in the final stage of listing. Tapeout and verification have passed.
It is reported that although the detailed specifications of Tapeout's 5nm Zen4 chip are unknown, the core area is about 80mm2, which is 10% higher than the current 7nm Zen2 core area of 74mm2. TSMC claims that the 5nm process can increase the density of transistors by 80% compared to the 7nm process. In this way, the 5nm Zen4 core can accommodate at least 12 cores and more than 16 core CPU cores under 80mm2, which is double the current Zen2. Of course, the actual number of cores that can be achieved in each chip depends on AMD’s architecture design. In theory, there is a possibility of doubling. In this way, AMD can create EPYC processors with up to 128 cores and 256 threads single layer, mainstream desktops Ryzen is not impossible to upgrade to 32 cores.

NOTE: the news are not coming anymore from US as from some time ago ASiA is the main news channel..

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
Well if true, a 32 core ryzen on am 5 socket dosent sound far out. Wild but not impossible. Amd has dobbelt the cores so far every second gen of Zen chips.

Just the 16 core zen 3 I am planning on to get, is way overkill for my needs as of right now (coming from an old 6 core i7 980x). But are going for it anyway as I keep my hardware for years and I want to be sure I don't run out of cores and cpu power mean while. 32 cores would be way overkill for many users even in 2 years time when Zen 4 will be arriving. But there are off cause power users that neee all raw processing power they can get/afford and there i think a cheaper ryzen than a threadripper 32 core cut be a salvation for power needy but poor users. Throw I wunder if we get 32 core ryzen, will that be the end of dual channel memory, as I think dual channel will become a bottleneck for 32 cores.

Also with a 32 core ryzen, amd will totally dominate Intel that seems to only be on 16 core max hybrid design. And even throw intels 10 nm is bound to be a major IPC gain over 14 nm, I doubt 16 hybrid cores would be a match for 32 Zen 4 cores in raw performance. Well only time can tell what we really will get.

But no doubt after amd zen came out, cpu developed ment has again been existing to witness than it has been like that for decade or so before Zen. That whas a rather boring period of time.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Well if true, a 32 core ryzen on am 5 socket dosent sound far out. Wild but not impossible. Amd has dobbelt the cores so far every second gen of Zen chips.

Just the 16 core zen 3 I am planning on to get, is way overkill for my needs as of right now (coming from an old 6 core i7 980x). But are going for it anyway as I keep my hardware for years and I want to be sure I don't run out of cores and cpu power mean while. 32 cores would be way overkill for many users even in 2 years time when Zen 4 will be arriving. But there are off cause power users that neee all raw processing power they can get/afford and there i think a cheaper ryzen than a threadripper 32 core cut be a salvation for power needy but poor users. Throw I wunder if we get 32 core ryzen, will that be the end of dual channel memory, as I think dual channel will become a bottleneck for 32 cores.

Also with a 32 core ryzen, amd will totally dominate Intel that seems to only be on 16 core max hybrid design. And even throw intels 10 nm is bound to be a major IPC gain over 14 nm, I doubt 16 hybrid cores would be a match for 32 Zen 4 cores in raw performance. Well only time can tell what we really will get.

But no doubt after amd zen came out, cpu developed ment has again been existing to witness than it has been like that for decade or so before Zen. That whas a rather boring period of time.

Holy autocarrot man, this is almost illegible. What happened :D Some stuff is really warped :p

But yeah, agreed. This pace AMD is on is impossible for Intel to catch up on. Maybe that is another motive behind their Alder Lake technology, trying to make do with small cores to increase the overall core count and get an efficiency win out of the inferior node alongside it. But still... doesn't make for good chiplets, it in fact roadblocks that route for future scaling because how are you going to divide those cores across chiplets and get a cohesive stack of products that can also work based on yields like Zen does? Its not simple enough.

D

Deleted member 181753

Dual Channel but with Dual or Quad Ranks per SODIMM for laptops.
A DDR5 with Dual or Quad Banks per sodimm will do wonders..
Wait for DDR5 USB4 and the rest if You want to change something in computing..

Holy autocarrot man, this is almost illegible. What happened :D Some stuff is really warped :p

But yeah, agreed. This pace AMD is on is impossible for Intel to catch up on. Maybe that is another motive behind their Alder Lake technology, trying to make do with small cores to increase the overall core count and get an efficiency win out of the inferior node alongside it. But still... doesn't make for good chiplets, it in fact roadblocks that route for future scaling because how are you going to divide those cores across chiplets and get a cohesive stack of products that can also work based on yields like Zen does? Its not simple enough.

In the era of Pentium 4 vs Athlon, the Intel salvation came from Pentium M aka from the same Team who designed the most powerful CPU more powerful than anything Athlon had in that era and more the Pentium M was/came from a Mobile design or Laptop.

Agree Intel is way lost and their big money will go out and then banks, investors, maybe some begging for the US gov help..
Intel even if they continue to buy their own stocks to not sink fast will eventually can't hide the disaster, and more will soon come to sells from subsidiaries and own to have reserves as they will do need it for the next gen 14+++++++ + more watt.

Processor Intel i7 13900K
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Freezer II 360
Memory 32 Gb Kingston Fury Renegade 6400 C32
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080 XLR8 OC
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO + 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus + 2 TB Samsung 870
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A + Samsung C24RG50
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Power Supply EVGA G6 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
Benchmark Scores 3dMark TimeSpy - 26698 Cinebench R23 2258/40751

on the technical side of the matter yes, a 32 Core "mainstream" CPU by AMD would be possible in 2021 (if not earlier) but the question is: to what purpose ?
It is difficult to use a 3900X for many tasks today, are we sure the software is going to exploit so many threads in the next future ?

Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB

Ah yeah english is not my main language and the intense heat we have right now properly aint gonna help on my spelling either.

But yeah at the phase AMD accellerate core count with zen right now, Its gonna be very hard for intel to catct up, unless intel litterly pulls a rabbit out of there hat.

We can only wait patiently and see what AMD and intel really gonna bring to the table for there next round of CPU gen.

Dual Channel but with Dual or Quad Ranks per SODIMM for laptops.
A DDR5 with Dual or Quad Banks per sodimm will do wonders..
Wait for DDR5 USB4 and the rest if You want to change something in computing..

In the era of Pentium 4 vs Athlon, the Intel salvation came from Pentium M aka from the same Team who designed the most powerful CPU more powerful than anything Athlon had in that era and more the Pentium M was/came from a Mobile design or Laptop.

Agree Intel is way lost and their big money will go out and then banks, investors, maybe some begging for the US gov help..
Intel even if they continue to buy their own stocks to not sink fast will eventually can't hide the disaster, and more will soon come to sells from subsidiaries and own to have reserves as they will do need it for the next gen 14+++++++ + more watt.

I can´t and will not wait a year more before baying new hardware. X58 can no longer provide the power i need for my work and gaming. CPU is insuficient and i run out of memory to often and bying more memory to a 11 year old hardware sosent make sense. Also getting a RTX 3080 maybe TI to replace my GTX 1080 TI and use it in my X58 is not a whise plan, cpu will be to huge a bottleneck. Cut might work for a short time, but a hole year, no thanks.

About dual channel, yeah it´s possible AMD stick to dual channel momory on am 5, but i will not be to surprised if they move to quad-channel and then make zen 4 threadripper 8 channel memory.
Time will tell us.

on the technical side of the matter yes, a 32 Core "mainstream" CPU by AMD would be possible in 2021 (if not earlier) but the question is: to what purpose ?
It is difficult to use a 3900X for many tasks today, are we sure the software is going to exploit so many threads in the next future ?

What purpose, as i said there are power users that need as many cores they can get there hands on, while they mght not can afford a threadripper setup. The price difference on ryzen might allow them to afford a 32 core ryzen.

I believe as software mature, there will become better support for more cores on the way as times goes. Also then software manufactores also sees what road AMD is going with core count. They will be forced to optimize core support, else they will get behind and costumers will chose other software that has been optimized.

One way to use a 3900X is to game while streaming and maybe record the game play at the same time. Then you will put it´s cores to good use.

Mouse Razer Basilisk
What purpose, as i said there are power users that need as many cores they can get there hands on, while they mght not can afford a threadripper setup. The price difference on ryzen might allow them to afford a 32 core ryzen.

I believe as software mature, there will become better support for more cores on the way as times goes. Also then software manufactores also sees what road AMD is going with core count. They will be forced to optimize core support, else they will get behind and costumers will chose other software that has been optimized.

One way to use a 3900X is to game while streaming and maybe record the game play at the same time. Then you will put it´s cores to good use.

games are going to exploit at least 8 cores in the next future (PS5 and Xbox...), so the 12C/24T configuration of the Ryzen 3900X could help for gaming and streaming, for sure.
But you are speaking about a 32C/64T configuration in 2021 !
It is a totally different beast...
I don't think software is going to take advantage of such a configuration for common uses in the next future.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
If you're going to post hardware news, at least have the decency to link to a source.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Feels like it wasn't even long ago when we were like "why would anyone need a dual-core processor" 15 years ago..

D

Deleted member 181753

Ah yeah english is not my main language and the intense heat we have right now properly aint gonna help on my spelling either.

But yeah at the phase AMD accellerate core count with zen right now, Its gonna be very hard for intel to catct up, unless intel litterly pulls a rabbit out of there hat.

We can only wait patiently and see what AMD and intel really gonna bring to the table for there next round of CPU gen.

I can´t and will not wait a year more before baying new hardware. X58 can no longer provide the power i need for my work and gaming. CPU is insuficient and i run out of memory to often and bying more memory to a 11 year old hardware sosent make sense. Also getting a RTX 3080 maybe TI to replace my GTX 1080 TI and use it in my X58 is not a whise plan, cpu will be to huge a bottleneck. Cut might work for a short time, but a hole year, no thanks.

About dual channel, yeah it´s possible AMD stick to dual channel momory on am 5, but i will not be to surprised if they move to quad-channel and then make zen 4 threadripper 8 channel memory.
Time will tell us.

Agree.
Btw take care of the heat wave and be sure it's not from Intel hardware, i know they are HOT..:)

AMD did once with the notorious WOW64 and let's not forget that AMD introduced for the masses the x64 as if it was after Intel we will still be on Quad cores maximum and Octa cores probably reserved for swap with an yacht or two. Again AMD is pioneer and Microsoft has to recreate a new kind of windows as to suit AMD hw and let's not forget that AMD has completely disrupted the computing world with his x86 multi core systems, nevertheless the future is AMD and software developers will adapt, they have too or will fade away, but again most important must first come from Microsoft. Intel has no place at the table except a lot of paper launches to distract their investors or postpone or better stretch till something might come..and that something might be multilevel stack..but AMD is/will take care of that too.

games are going to exploit at least 8 cores in the next future (PS5 and Xbox...), so the 12C/24T configuration of the Ryzen 3900X could help for gaming and streaming, for sure.
I don't think software is going to take advantage of such a configuration for common uses in the next future.

The PS4 is very powerful as the PS's and Xbox's soc's have cut from functions like x86 since and they both are not need it as x86 are/is.
That is giving a massive power boost and i don't think i can be very wrong when i say that an PS5 cpu can easily beat a true 16 cores x86 cpu or more, but they are different.
Even today it's very hard to emulate an PS4 for PC, as it will probaly run minimum from 16 cores cpu and up.
Maybe the games will start from with the Unreal Engine 5.x, that requires a real multi core monster to run it?
But mostly multi cores cpu's are very welcome in the multy factory, industry, producing areas like design, architecture, simulation, traffic control, military, banking and financial, your tax colectors, medicine yes medicine, aeronautics, servers.. and so on, and so on the lists are endless and these above usually have/create their own suit of software (created by them) to scale as you won't find or heard anywhere else about them..and thanks to AMD the world will change in (except military) in a much, much better way.
Eventually the cpu's will get into the hard gamers as well but and let's not forget that thanks to AMD the future games will indeed look different and soon like Cinemas do (ex: ps5 demo).
The 2021 and 2022 it will be impossible to run anything else except an/on AMD YES.

The only problem might be that the OEM will be supplied the last, but that's ok as AMD need big contracts to create even more amazing products..

If you're going to post hardware news, at least have the decency to link to a source.

It's not from youtube techs or reddits or websites, as the matter of facts i consider the techpowerup (like was XbitLabs) the Best Remained HW News & Reviews from them all and i only read techpowerup and avoid others that require dr. name to post rumors.

Mouse Razer Basilisk
The PS4 is very powerful as the PS's and Xbox's soc's have cut from functions like x86 since and they both are not need it as x86 are/is.
That is giving a massive power boost and i don't think i can be very wrong when i say that an PS5 cpu can easily beat a true 16 cores x86 cpu or more, but they are different.
Even today it's very hard to emulate an PS4 for PC, as it will probaly run minimum from 16 cores cpu and up.
Maybe the games will start from with the Unreal Engine 5.x, that requires a real multi core monster to run it?
But mostly multi cores cpu's are very welcome in the multy factory, industry, producing areas like design, architecture, simulation, traffic control, military, banking and financial, your tax colectors, medicine yes medicine, aeronautics, servers.. and so on, and so on the lists are endless and these above usually have/create their own suit of software (created by them) to scale as you won't find or heard anywhere else about them..and thanks to AMD the world will change in (except military) in a much, much better way.
Eventually the cpu's will get into the hard gamers as well but and let's not forget that thanks to AMD the future games will indeed look different and soon like Cinemas do (ex: ps5 demo).
The 2021 and 2022 it will be impossible to run anything else except an/on AMD YES.

The only problem might be that the OEM will be supplied the last, but that's ok as AMD need big contracts to create even more amazing products..

I don't know how to start :wtf:

NO, the PS5 CPU most probably will be an 8C/16T running at 3.5 GHz very similar to Zen 2 architecture.
It is NOT different from a X86 CPU. IT IS an X86 CPU.

Adding cores is great but it is not just the solution to everything. Not everything can be parallelized in computing.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K

NO, the PS5 CPU most probably will be an 8C/16T running at 3.5 GHz very similar to Zen 2 architecture.

Adding cores is great but it is not just the solution to everything. Not everything can be parallelized in computing.
It's not just "most probably", it IS going to be a 8c/16t Zen2 up to 3.5GHz.

D

Deleted member 181753

The PS5 specs are not final yet as in the last minute SONY can change them due/of whatever voices both internal and external (rivalry MS vs SONY)
Yes some, but still is different as an older PS4 cpu compared to an equal x86 cpu, well the PS4 will eat the x86 cpu at breakfast and dinner and supper too & maybe some pie too..

Not for regular user but for multi users well that/this is a game dream come true thanks to..AMD YES!

Mouse Razer Basilisk
The PS5 specs are not final yet as in the last minute SONY can change them due/of whatever voices both internal and external (rivalry MS vs SONY)
Yes some, but still is different as an older PS4 cpu compared to an equal x86 cpu, well the PS4 will eat the x86 cpu at breakfast and dinner and supper too & maybe some pie too..

Not for regular user but for multi users well that/this is a game dream come true thanks to..AMD YES!
Specs could change a little. Something like clock maybe, but surely the CPU won’t be a 16 cores.

i cant understand what you are saying about PS4... o_O

No doubt we will see games goes beyond 6 cores/12 threads for optimum performance in a near future.

It's not even sure we get 32 core cpu, just with 24 core CPU, amd would have the egde over Intel on the mainstream platform, as far we know for now that is.

I have no use for 32 cores. The day I need 32 cores, it's properly time for a new cpu any way in well 8-10 years from now.

Agree.
Btw take care of the heat wave and be sure it's not from Intel hardware, i know they are HOT..:)

AMD did once with the notorious WOW64 and let's not forget that AMD introduced for the masses the x64 as if it was after Intel we will still be on Quad cores maximum and Octa cores probably reserved for swap with an yacht or two. Again AMD is pioneer and Microsoft has to recreate a new kind of windows as to suit AMD hw and let's not forget that AMD has completely disrupted the computing world with his x86 multi core systems, nevertheless the future is AMD and software developers will adapt, they have too or will fade away, but again most important must first come from Microsoft. Intel has no place at the table except a lot of paper launches to distract their investors or postpone or better stretch till something might come..and that something might be multilevel stack..but AMD is/will take care of that too.

It's not from youtube techs or reddits or websites, as the matter of facts i consider the techpowerup (like was XbitLabs) the Best Remained HW News & Reviews from them all and i only read techpowerup and avoid others that require dr. name to post rumors.

Don't forget AMD also had there hot running cpu in form of there FX-9000 series bulldozer based CPU's. 220 watt tdp these things had.

And before ryzen/threadripper/zen I whas hornestly not impressed by amd. There phenom 1 and 2 and there FX CPU's really dit not impress me. Neither dit the first gen zen. My old i7 980x oc to 4.4 ghz whas really close to a stock ryzen 5 1600 cpu in performance and there are like 7 years between these two CPU's. But with zen 2, amd finnally got my attention and with Intel's constant use of 14 nm. Yeah I whas slowly but surely becoming more fund of amd than Intel. And it looks like amd has more good things to come as well.

D

Deleted member 181753

Don't forget AMD also had there hot running cpu in form of there FX-9000 series bulldozer based CPU's. 220 watt tdp these things had.

And before ryzen/threadripper/zen I whas hornestly not impressed by amd. There phenom 1 and 2 and there FX CPU's really dit not impress me. Neither dit the first gen zen. My old i7 980x oc to 4.4 ghz whas really close to a stock ryzen 5 1600 cpu in performance and there are like 7 years between these two CPU's. But with zen 2, amd finnally got my attention and with Intel's constant use of 14 nm. Yeah I whas slowly but surely becoming more fund of amd than Intel. And it looks like amd has more good things to come as well.

Yes indeed, i recall those failures that's why i switched to Core 2 Duo from 2010 till feb 2017.
btw only laptops, i am done with desktops since 2007.
really why don't you wait for 5nm with ddr5, usb4,pcix5 and rdna (x) that can run and play with no problem unreal engine 5.x.
5nm it's just around the corner, and you might regret it if you buy now with ddr4 as the quick wind of a change will tell you to upgrade again once you see the benefits of 5nm + ddr5,usb4,pcix5,rdna (x).
your pc is still very good it can last till 5nm comes out.
i could have 4500u lenovo at 414 euros, or 4700u at 464 euros but i skip them as i still have pentium n4200 acer 6 watt 15.6 inch laptop, and it does everything i need like office, i can run and play games from 2014 bellow, i do virtualbox runs, a lots of other things, on battery i can play up to 4 movies each one 90 min 1080p hevc 10bit, it decodes youtube vp9 4k, hevc 4k 10bit (except uhd aka hdr) i have hardware encoding in igpu for hevc up to 4k with resize fine and example bluray remux 4k uhd 90min is taking my laptop 22fps with the preset best aka slowest mode intel icq 22 to convert it to 1080p 8bit. when i do for tv's that have avc only well it's faster like minimum 44 fps to finish conversion in best profile intel la-icq 22 all with the highest quality.
n4200 wonderful product in office mode the fan stays idle not even spinning, cheap strong and very good power efficiency like my whole laptop it consumes only 18 watt at full load and over 3 hours of battery or up to 8,9,10 hours in office mode. what more can i ask very good job done intel win apollo lake's n4200.