• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DigiTimes Research: Korean Memory Makers See Output Value Surge in Q2

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
According to the latest DigiTimes Research report, it is said that Korean memory makers have experienced a surge in chip output value. Korean memory manufacturers are Samsung Electronics and SK Hynix, which both have seen a massive growth of 22.1% on a yearly basis and 13.9% sequentially in the second quarter of 2020. This is no small feat as the demand for memory in the smartphone industry has been slowed in that period due to the COVID pandemic, however, it was offset by strong demand from servers and notebooks. When the output of Korean memory giants is fused, Samsung and SK Hynix had combined revenue of KRW22.9 trillion or about 20.8 billion USD. The demand for memory is expected to continue its growth due to the 5G headset market.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
System Name Linotosh
Processor Dual 800mhz G4
Cooling Air
Memory 1.5 GB
Most likely VR headsets.
That makes sense. Probably AR would predominantly benefit from that. I'm not an apple product user for the most part, but if the rumored AR glasses are well implemented, I'll probably pick up a pair.

Soulwatcher

I bet a big part of that is homeschooling due to COVID. PC's are sold out everywhere where I live.