• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Launches Mystic Fog Cryofuel Coolant for Vivid D-RGB Effects

EK, the leading computer cooling solutions provider, has launched a brand new RGB-focused coolant based on the latest formula with long-lasting stability and vivid addressable D-RGB reactivity. The coolant is specially developed to bring the best possible light dispersion to various PC liquid cooling products, and it's named EK-CryoFuel Mystic Fog. The coolant is already available in Limited Edition bottles.

The new coolant contains everything a high-end liquid cooling system requires for efficient thermal performance and to provide the necessary protection for water blocks. It carries the essential synergistic corrosion inhibitors and biological inhibitors, promoting high thermal efficiency, and long and safe operational life for liquid cooling products.

With countless hours of in-house and third-party real-life scenario testing, EK-CryoFuel Mystic Fog is one of the most chemically stable coolants that provides enthusiasts with the best possible level of performance and thermal efficiency. The key feature of the new coolant formula is the perfect ratio of suspended particles versus the clear coolant basis, which gives the coolant its unique ability to disperse light. This will provide the best possible foundation for vivid addressable D-RGB effects inside any liquid cooling system.

The Mystic Fog coolant will not sediment after long hours of inactivity of the cooling loop. Designed specifically for computer liquid cooling systems, the EK-CryoFuel offers a 2-year shelf life from the date of bottling. For the best light dispersion effects of EK-CryoFuel Mystic Fog, it's recommended to replace the coolant every six months.

Like all EK-CryoFuel coolants, it comes as a premix (1000ml) and a concentrate (250ml). Mystic Fog carries the production date and the batch code, which is printed on the top side of the cap for more precise shelf-life tracking. It is also biodegradable (90% in 10 days), and will not remain in the environment or bioaccumulate.

EK-CryoFuel contains synergistic corrosion inhibitors to protect metals commonly found in computer liquid cooling systems. It has been tested in accordance with the BS5117 (ASTM D1384) standard and found to meet corrosion standards for copper, brass, and stainless steel. It also contains scale and biological inhibitors to prevent fouling, thus promoting long operational life and high thermal efficiency for the best value/performance ratio.

Availability and Pricing

EK-CryoFuel Mystic Fog coolant is made in Slovenia, Europe, and is readily available for order through the EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Katzi
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X570S Pro AX 1.1
Cooling Phanteks Glacier 360
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16-16GTZNC (Dual Rank 32Gb)
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080
Storage Samsung SSD 980 1TB, 970 512GB Evo Plus, 1TB 870 QVO, 960 Pro
Display(s) AOC CQ27G2
Case NZXT H6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X3
Power Supply Corsair RMx850
Mouse Logitech G502X Plus & Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Keychron V2 translucent, Gateron Ink Black Silent, lubed & filmed.
Ooo pretty.

One day I'll make the leap to custom loop haha.

System Name Proper
Processor 5900X + OC
Motherboard GB X570s Elite AX
Cooling WC Heatkiller 3.0 LT
Memory G.Skill 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 Ti Trinity LC'ed + OC
Storage KC2500 1TB + A2000 1TB
Display(s) GB M32Q
Case Fractal Define R6 USB C
Audio Device(s) Creative AE-7 + Phonic AM120
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-850
Mouse Log G502 X LS
Keyboard Keychron K5 Opt.brown
I like it. Finally someone properly recognized, what RGB means. It's not "hardcore gaming" and whatnot, it's unicorns, butterflies and glitter.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
This company is inadvertently mocking themselves and their clientele. Go figure.

I say well played, calling things what they are always means scoring 100 points with me.

The problem lies with people who attribute all sorts of nonsense to that. As if there is street cred in PCs or its users... lmao.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
They've put the rainbow Unicorn label over their name on a normal bottle, so it looks like FK Cryofuel now. :roll:

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I say well played, calling things what they are always means scoring 100 points with me.

The problem lies with people who attribute all sorts of nonsense to that. As if there is street cred in PCs or its users... lmao.
Now Im picturing a street tuner with that unicorn graphic on the sides. Dont forget... waifu cars are a thing.

Oooh I’ve been waiting for this coolant. Glad they took the extra time to test it. I’m looking forward to trying it.

Having been building PCs for almost 30 years, I got started trying to obtain high performance CAD systems building boxes that could improve CAD productivity by selective hardware choices, improve affordability and break the 640k DOS memory limit in a manner that had a **real** impact. We later noticed that was good for CAD, was great for gaming. After a while, gaming boxes were more oft requested then CAD boxes. At time went on and the industry mature over 2next 20 years, goals started to be more oriented on "what will impress my friends" and optimizing performance took a back seat.

The day one of my sons swapped his cooling system out to accommodate an "integrated RGB system", I called my wife / other 2 sons and asked ... "Where did we go wrong ?"

WeisserWalFisch

Please forget all this colour bling - i have been building gaming workstations for 25 years now and performance is most important. And wait - are there real unicorns crammed in those canisters? Please don't do those things to beautiful mystical creatures.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Now Im picturing a street tuner with that unicorn graphic on the sides. Dont forget... waifu cars are a thing.

You're on to something I can feel it

Please forget all this colour bling - i have been building gaming workstations for 25 years now and performance is most important. And wait - are there real unicorns crammed in those canisters? Please don't do those things to beautiful mystical creatures.

No man, there is only one unicorn ever, they just cut it up in 2nm pieces.

I *personally* would never use anything other than a crystal clear coolant (either water+additive or a premix) but different strokes for different folks. My concern would be clogging - notice they make no guarantees against that. Never seen a clear coolant clog anything.
My PC has RGB coming out of every hole but 95% of the time it's all turned off.