• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Memory management 1 year problem

ZetaZi

I've been having this problem for 1 year. I changed the RAM, changed the motherboard, processor, HDD, changed everything except the graphics card and PSU, and this problem started again. Because of this problem I've had before, they told me to change the system. So I did that. 1 month ago I changed the motherboard processor. I was playing smoothly, and today I got a blue screen when I went into the GTA again. I gave Minidump files at the bottom, I also did memory tests, there were no errors.

FLTGMR.SYS NTOSKRNL.EXE problem and no one could solve it, I included the system requires a format that crashes after somewhere. I'm just in the blue screen part right now, it's not completely collapsed, What should I do?

ASUS GTX950.
Kingston KVR1333D3N9 / 4G 4x2 1333MHz.
i5 4460.
WD Blue 500GB.
Gigabyte H81-M S2PV.
TX powermax 400W PSU.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Follow this guide, but do not use Driver Easy to update drivers, do that manually from the respective manufacturers.

ZetaZi

Last edited:

BEP

Well since you said you've basically replaced everything except GPU and PSU I don't think it's a hardware problem. And since following that guide did not help we gotta find out what's causing what conflict.
You say 4G 4x2 1333 Mhz, that Motherboard has 2 slots, so is it 4 GB 2x2GB or 8GB 2x4 GB as Kingston KVR1333D3N9 comes in 2G or 4G variants, this is not that relevant as both are supported and shouldn't cause any conflicts.
The problem could be OS, drivers, software conflicts, so try to remember how this situation differs from 1 year ago when you didn't have the problem , hardware too, but most importantly software wise, did you have different OS? version? updates? drivers? background software? something must be causing some nasty conflict if most your hardware is new and replaced and doesn't seem to be hardware incompatibilities.

ZetaZi

Well since you said you've basically replaced everything except GPU and PSU I don't think it's a hardware problem. And since following that guide did not help we gotta find out what's causing what conflict.
You say 4G 4x2 1333 Mhz, that Motherboard has 2 slots, so is it 4 GB 2x2GB or 8GB 2x4 GB as Kingston KVR1333D3N9 comes in 2G or 4G variants, this is not that relevant as both are supported and shouldn't cause any conflicts.
The problem could be OS, drivers, software conflicts, so try to remember how this situation differs from 1 year ago when you didn't have the problem , hardware too, but most importantly software wise, did you have different OS? version? updates? drivers? background software? something must be causing some nasty conflict if most your hardware is new and replaced and doesn't seem to be hardware incompatibilities.
in fact, I have a problem from the very beginning, but the pc crushing from the beggining but not like that almost everything is the same, I used windows 10 and I always updated and used the same software, I think about switching to windows 7, maybe the problem can be solved
and before eating the blue screen sound coming from the hard disk, but I have already changed the hard disk gives the same sound again.
And 8GB 2X4

Last edited:

BEP

Yeah switching to windows 7 to test things out would be a start to try to get some answers, that or a Linux distribution to at least rule out the OS. Unless someone else can recommend other things if you wanna do it and have the time I'd say give it a go and see if the problem persists.

Unfortunately, I'm no expert on the FLTGMR.SYS NTOSKRNL.EXE problem and if some have better answers on this specific issue that would be great, especially if it's different from the guide that didn't help you anyway. However, while I am no expert on this specific issue, I did tackle lots of BSODS and conflicts, either hardware caused or software and hardware are easiest to detect and solve, however, most seemed to be software, and funny enough, the solution is always some little quirky thing that nobody would think about, like some bios setting, some background software, some specific updates, USB conflicts or whatever so a good way to try to find what exactly is the cause you have to try and eliminate possible causes till you find it, or more efficiently find information from experts or people that solved a similar problem to try and solve it faster.

So the basic routine is drivers, windows updates, windows itself. So first try all the latest updated drivers (GPU, network, audio, chipset, etc.), then older versions of the drivers and ultimately windows 7 with its own latest versions or older version of drivers.
Or use some tool like LatencyMon or something that tries to find if some system kernel or driver causes lag that could point you in a good direction (latency indicates general issues and conflict), and if it shows latency problems with a driver or kernel or process, try to search it up on google to maybe find a solution.

System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Cooling ID Cooling SE_225-XT Black with noctua fans
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB TWIN EDGE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
I'm gonna be very blunt here but if the WD Blue 500GB is the only HDD you have then i am not suprised at some of the issues your having.

If i am not mistaken then that drive is only 5400RPM and even if its 7200RPM i can still see issues.

500gig boot drive plus programs plus games all running from the same drive is bad and the more it fills up the slower things get.

My advice would be to get a 250gig SSD as they can be had for cheap these days and then try get a cheap 7200RPM 1TB HDD if money is tight and you can also keep ya 500gig drive for a few extra things.

The HDD noises you hear is because the drive is maybe thrashing as they call it, to me that means its being over worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: BEP

BEP

WD Blue as system drive, damn I seemed to have missed that while thinking more about the specific problem. Yeah animal007uk gave a good point, and if that doesn't solve the issue, it would certainly help with well, about everything involving using your PC so that would certainly be a good investment, props to @animal007uk for seeing it from that perspective as well.

ZetaZi

Yes ı changed with same hdd I will get ssd if the problem continues I will come back thanks guys

System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Cooling ID Cooling SE_225-XT Black with noctua fans
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB TWIN EDGE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
When you mention GTA did you mean GTA 3 or 4 or 5?

If you ment GTA 4 or 5 they are heavey on the pc and depending what settings are used, then you might be going over the max GPU ram limit and if this is the case then the game/PC will try to use system ram or maybe even the HDD and might explain the memory managment issue.

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro

ZetaZi

Oh come on people, he's using a junk POS PSU that has dual 12v rails that has 11 and 14a on the 12v rails with 250w total 12v power (claimed) that should have been the first thing you threw in the bin.
Bro no because because my old system didn't want that much power but still crashing not because of that

Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Software Windows 10 Pro
Bro no because because my old system didn't want that much power but still crashing not because of that
Err bro that so-called psu is a paperweight and probably a fire hazard as well, that's why your pc constantly crashes when any kind of load is placed on the 12v rail, you've changed everything else, now unless you have a severe case of the computer gremlins then it's that 10 year old crappy power supply and that should have been obvious from your first post.

ZetaZi

B
Err bro that so-called psu is a paperweight and probably a fire hazard as well, that's why your pc constantly crashes when any kind of load is placed on the 12v rail, you've changed everything else, now unless you have a severe case of the computer gremlins then it's that 10 year old crappy power supply and that should have been obvious from your first post.
But how can Psu cause blue screen not shut down completely just bsod

Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Software Windows 10 Pro
Without having access to your system I can't tell you, though it could be dirty power, not enough power but not enough protection to cut off the system hence the BSOD, decent PSU's have protection in-built to shutoff when something isn't right to stop other components getting damaged, that one, likely does not at all, what I can tell you is what I have said for the last 2 posts and that PSU is not worth the box it came in, try taking out the GPU and running the CPU and IGP only, fire up some games (ones that will run off the IGP) and CPU stress test, see if it still happens, or test the GPU in another machine and see if it happens

Also as the GTX 950 doesn't require any extra power apart from the 75w from the motherboard and your CPU has 84w TDP you are definitely exceeding the "spec" of that 12v1 rail at (MAX) 11 amps, again, that's likely your problem, it's junk, to put it bluntly.

Last edited:

ZetaZi

Without having access to your system I can't tell you, though it could be dirty power, not enough power but not enough protection to cut off the system hence the BSOD, decent PSU's have protection in-built to shutoff when something isn't right to stop other components getting damaged, that one, likely does not at all, what I can tell you is what I have said for the last 2 posts and that PSU is not worth the box it came in, try taking out the GPU and running the CPU and IGP only, fire up some games (ones that will run off the IGP) and CPU stress test, see if it still happens, or test the GPU in another machine and see if it happens

Also as the GTX 950 doesn't require any extra power apart from the 75w from the motherboard and your CPU has 84w TDP you are definitely exceeding the "spec" of that 12v1 rail at (MAX) 11 amps, again, that's likely your problem, it's junk, to put it bluntly.
İs that enough for my system ? 12V 324W

Attachments

• IMG_20201021_165603.jpg
    IMG_20201021_165603.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 65
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Software Windows 10 Pro
İs that enough for my system ? 12V 324W

It's better and should be sufficient whilst not being one of the best brands, that said your whole pc probably consumes only around 150-200w but I really think your current one is only worth going into the bin

BEP

Unless someone else can recommend other things if you wanna do it and have the time I'd say give it a go and see if the problem persists.
@ZetaZi This is why I said that since not many were around with advice at that time, and wasn't sure I had the answer, only if you were really in the mood of troubleshooting instead of waiting for answers, I know I'm impatient for example, so was kind of projecting there, to be honest, but that's precisely why I worded it that way since nothing else seemed like a clear problem to me, I said only if you want to and no other more useful advice comes, do that w7 install to at least rule something out.

Glad @animal007uk came in time so you didn't lose time through that installation process for nothing, however, that would have been preferable instead of money wasted, and since you replaced most stuff that stopped me from going the buy-hardware train of thought and went trying my hand thinking it's only a software problem.

I did see that 400 W PSU and my instincts flared up a bit but then looked at CPU and components and chalked it up to "eh, prolly ok for his pc whatever" and I didn't think to inspect it's specs clearly so thanks to @xman2007 for noticing that, and yes he is right about your current PSU being weak, and either do his suggested tests or just buy one as it's the most likely culprit and if you have the money buy an SSD as a primary OS drive, because even if not related to the problem, it helps heaps in everything you would do on your PC.

And yo @xman2007 this is why this is a forum, not a 1v1 direct message or whatever, as people, experienced or not, are always prone to make mistakes, or at least have a certain train of thought that is not compatible with the problem at hand for example, and the more the merrier as someone will surely hit the right idea up right? If I understand correctly this a forum where people help each other based on their love/interest/passion for IT not to stroke their own ego or go up to people to "Oh come on people, he's using junk " and "Err bro" on them right? :D Not trying to be rude or anything, but as you helped me see my mistakes and know how to improve myself in the future (not ignoring my instincts for one lol) I hope to do the same for you with the general air/attitude implied in your messages, as perhaps they did not reflect truly what you meant or were not a healthy attitude in general, nice catch on the PSU doe, glad to have you around, and let's hope that's all there is to OP's problem!

Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Software Windows 10 Pro
"Oh come on people, he's using junk " and "Err bro" on them right? :D
The first reply was because it seems blatantly obvious it's his PSU as he replaced near enough everything else yet no one who commented even mentioned the PSU and it is dodgy af, and the "err bro" was in reply to him saying "bro no" to me lol, I don't tend to use the term "bro" ordinarily :laugh:

But hey, I could be completely wrong about the PSU, though I will have still done him a favour throwing that PSU that looks like it's came straight from 2005 into the bin regardless :laugh: