• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cyberpunk 2077 Preview

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
D

Deleted member 197986

So, it's actually GTA 6 (and faces still look unnatural)

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
So, it's actually GTA 6 (and faces still look unnatural)
This must be what all the people who imagine they are the cool kids are saying. I keep seeing it more and more as part of a hate filled statement whenever I see it.

The game isn’t even out yet. Let’s stop passing judgement till it’s out. I don’t even see the comparison to GTA at all.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Yes, GTA is all about role playing, skill checks, etc.

Well... I do remember a bunch of them yes ever since San Andreas. I remember the gym, I remember getting fat, and CBP is not really a heavy RPG, let's be honest, its as much RPG as Deus Ex. 'Lite'

This concept is totally not set up for heavy number crunching and dialog options aren't unique to RPGs either.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT CYBERPUNK 2077

The time to dive into the fascinating, futuristic world of Night City is almost upon us. That’s why, as the clock keeps counting down to the game’s official premiere, we’ve decided to gather all the important stuff about Cyberpunk 2077 in one place.

On the 19th of November, the much-anticipated game from CD PROJEKT RED will come to life on millions of computers and consoles around the world. Set in a dystopian, sci-fi universe created by Mike Pondsmith, Cyberpunk 2077 will take us to a huge open world, soaked in neon lights and a kitsch art style. Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want and they can also modify their bodies in countless ways, making it a lethal weapon or simply a fashion statement.

The game’s story

Night City is a bustling metropolis situated in the Free State of Northern California. It’s 2077, seven years after the Unification War spread across America, and let’s just say that things aren’t looking pretty. Night City has just been voted “the worst place to live” on the continent, yet where some people fear danger, others see opportunity.

V, the main character of the game, definitely belongs to the second group. When we meet our hero, they are working as a mercenary for a fixer named Dexter DeShawn. After one of the assignments goes terribly wrong, V is contacted by a mysterious revolutionary figure, Johnny Silverhand (played by Keanu Reeves). Of course, we don’t want to spoil anything more, so let’s stop the plot-explaining right here. ;)

The character creation

In Cyberpunk 2077, our hero is highly customizable. Apart from his or her appearance, along with details like eyes and hair color, body shape, or tattoos, we can select our character’s Lifepath from the three distinct options available. Our choice will not only affect the character’s stats and traits but also will give them a unique narrative background.

• If you choose the Nomad Lifepath, the hero will come to Night City from the polluted Badlands, where independence and resourcefulness are top qualities.
• If you decide on the Streetkid Lifepath, the main character will know more about life on Night City’s crime-infested streets.
• Finally, if your choice is the Corporate Lifepath, you’ll be skilled in the subtle art of intrigue, honed in the corridors of the Arasaka megacorporation.

After creating your own character, it’s time to explore the game’s awesome universe!

The game’s world

Night City is a vast metropolis, with over 6 million inhabitants, all living their lives and constantly on the move. Surrounded by the inhospitable Badlands, the town is divided into six districts, each one with its own unique background and architecture.

Places like Pacifica, a run-down tourist district, or the cramped Santo Domingo are quite dangerous. On the other side of the spectrum, you can visit City Center, with its breathtaking skyscrapers and Corpo Plaza, or Westbrook, the most prestigious part of Night City. Somewhere in between are the Heywood and Watson districts, relatively rich, but still penetrated by the street gangs.

Speaking of street gangs, eight big gangs roam the streets of Night City. Among them you’ll find:

6th Street - a gang consisting of hardened veterans of the 4th Corporate War
Animals - bodybuilders who distrust any cyberware enhancements
Maelstrom - extreme fans of implants and powerful, illegal cyberware
THE MOX - an anarchist group that unites outcasts from various groups
Scavengers - infamous for kidnapping people and harvesting their cyberware
Tyger Claws - owners of widely illegal entertainment businesses
Valentinos - a loyal family gang that idolizes Santa Muerte
Voodoo Boys - the best netrunners and master hackers in Night City

Of course, during your stay, you’ll encounter other, smaller criminal groups. They all have different qualities and goals but have one thing in common – you better not cross them unprepared.

More on https://www.gog.com/news/everything_we_know_about_cyberpunk_2077

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I can somewhat see the GTA comparisons. Lots more adventure/RPG layers on top... less silly and sandboxey. But sure... big open city world you do what you want in.

Im just trying to figure out why people compare it to GTA like thats a bad thing.

Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
This must be what all the people who imagine they are the cool kids are saying. I keep seeing it more and more as part of a hate filled statement whenever I see it.

The game isn’t even out yet. Let’s stop passing judgement till it’s out. I don’t even see the comparison to GTA at all.

Riiiight. There is no hate, some people simply point it's going to be like any other run of the mill open world game these days. They even admitted that story wont be that long, that's code word for "Expect a ton of repetitive content that way easy to generate".

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I can somewhat see the GTA comparisons. Lots more adventure/RPG layers on top... less silly and sandboxey. But sure... big open city world you do what you want in.

Im just trying to figure out why people compare it to GTA like thats a bad thing.

No idea. Maybe GTA Online left a sour taste.

Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I want GTA6 more than Cyberpunk 2077, so I will gladly take Cyberpunk 2077 AKA GTA6. All joking aside, everything I have seen so far kinda gives off that GTA style vibe which to me is awesome. I expect it to be a bit more RPGish but this is one open world I look forward to running around in.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I just want a story that doesn't suck and characters that feel like my best friends. The rest of the gameplay can be so-so and I don't really care.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
No idea. Maybe GTA Online left a sour taste.
I guess I can understand that, hah.

I just don't get it, conceptually. GTA is a genre-defining franchise... one of the first of its kind to really bloom out. I can't say for sure which concepts are new and which concepts they themselves borrowed. That's the other thing about GTA... It's such a friggin grab-bag of stuff that you can compare it to so many different things as to make doing so essentially meaningless. But the fact is that they brought together a lot of the things that now define entire subsets of open-world games. Pretty much any game of this scale and type is bound to bear similarities. So calling any game that has similar attributes a GTA clone is like trying to tell me that all modern rock bands are just Uriah Heep clones, or Deep Purple clones.

Or maybe you could think of it like a pizza. Let's say GTA was the most known pepperoni pizza... really kinda made pepperoni pizza a bigger deal than it had ever been. Now, everybody likes pepperoni pizza. There are thousands of other pepperoni pizzas out there, but everybody still has their favorite one that they will defend to the death. They'll also have that one they hate with a passion and they'll be happy to tell you about how dirty the place is.

Derivation is sort of the blood plasma of art. A vector - a platform. Imitation is a key element to it, always. Otherwise, there would be no lexicon for any medium... no steady path. Many attributes found in GTA are, at this point, fundamental to the language that is action-oriented open world game design. Says nothing about the sentences creators choose to form with those same words, or their purpose. Masons also copied eachother's techniques... or more literally their building blocks. Ultimately, this resulted in better buildings. Well... I suppose there were also semi-secret cloisters who considered that sort of thing too sacred to let run. But nowadays we live in a society where that sort of thing isn't considered too cool. Gotta remember to pass the sauce.

I mean, I could've just skipped all of that and said that if anybody picked up CBP hoping that it was literally GTA with a different name might come out sorely disappointed. Or maybe it would just be a "not-GTA" but still something equally enjoyable, and maybe a little different in some positive ways. It's pretty obvious from everything shown over all of this time that it cannot possibly be the same experience. To be a clone, it has to stand a chance of being a full replacement.

I guess the core idea I butt up against is the whole notion that a game has to be completely, 100% original to not be bad. Mostly because that means the majority of games that large numbers of people love are bad. At which point you have to ask what that's really for. What should the purpose of a game be if not to be enjoyed? Not to mention, this game in particular has an artistic vision that no GTA game has. Plenty of things nobody would expect to see Rockstar bringing to the table. I'd rather people just be honest and say they don't like GTA and thus don't want GTA influence in their games. That actually makes sense to me. I can think of plenty of valid arguments for that.

D

Deleted member 24505

I just don't get it, conceptually. GTA is a genre-defining franchise... one of the first of its kind to really bloom out. I can't say for sure which concepts are new and which concepts they themselves borrowed. That's the other thing about GTA... It's such a friggin grab-bag of stuff that you can compare it to so many different things as to make doing so essentially meaningless. But the fact is that they brought together a lot of the things that now define entire subsets of open-world games. Pretty much any game of this scale and type is bound to bear similarities. So calling any game that has similar attributes a GTA clone is like trying to tell me that all modern rock bands are just Uriah Heep clones, or Deep Purple clones.

Or maybe you could think of it like a pizza. Let's say GTA was the most known pepperoni pizza... really kinda made pepperoni pizza a bigger deal than it had ever been. Now, everybody likes pepperoni pizza. There are thousands of other pepperoni pizzas out there, but everybody still has their favorite one that they will defend to the death. They'll also have that one they hate with a passion and they'll be happy to tell you about how dirty the place is.

Derivation is sort of the blood plasma of art. A vector - a platform. Imitation is a key element to it, always. Otherwise, there would be no lexicon for any medium... no steady path. Many attributes found in GTA are, at this point, fundamental to the language that is action-oriented open world game design. Says nothing about the sentences creators choose to form with those same words, or their purpose. Masons also copied eachother's techniques... or more literally their building blocks. Ultimately, this resulted in better buildings. Well... I suppose there were also semi-secret cloisters who considered that sort of thing too sacred to let run. But nowadays we live in a society where that sort of thing isn't considered too cool. Gotta remember to pass the sauce.

I mean, I could've just skipped all of that and said that if anybody picked up CBP hoping that it was literally GTA with a different name might come out sorely disappointed. Or maybe it would just be a "not-GTA" but still something equally enjoyable, and maybe a little different in some positive ways. It's pretty obvious from everything shown over all of this time that it cannot possibly be the same experience. To be a clone, it has to stand a chance of being a full replacement.

I guess the core idea I butt up against is the whole notion that a game has to be completely, 100% original to not be bad. Mostly because that means the majority of games that large numbers of people love are bad. At which point you have to ask what that's really for. What should the purpose of a game be if not to be enjoyed? Not to mention, this game in particular has an artistic vision that no GTA game has. Plenty of things nobody would expect to see Rockstar bringing to the table. I'd rather people just be honest and say they don't like GTA and thus don't want GTA influence in their games. That actually makes sense to me. I can think of plenty of valid arguments for that.

Believe me, i will not play CP2077 and think "this is very like GTA"

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
I’m with you. No matter how much I see of this game GTA doesn’t come to mind at all.

System Name Main PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Cooling EKWB X570 VIII Hero Monoblock, 2x XD5, Heatkiller IV SB block for chipset,Alphacool 3090 Strix block
Memory 4x16GB 3200-14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident RGB (OC: 3600-14-14-14-28)
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3090 Strix OC
Storage 500GB+500GB SSD RAID0, Fusion IoDrive2 1.2TB, Huawei HSSD 2TB, 11TB on server used for steam
Display(s) Dell LG CX48 (custom res: 3840x1620@120Hz) + Acer XB271HU 2560x1440@144Hz
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD599, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 10 Pro 20H2
But any game that has side quests and a non-traditional campaign is a GTA clone, weren't you aware?

D

Deleted member 24505

But any game that has side quests and a non-traditional campaign is a GTA clone, weren't you aware?

You think every game i play that has side quests and non-traditional campaign i compare to GTA? i never even think about GTA when playing any game but GTA. if that answers your question.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
You think every game i play that has side quests and non-traditional campaign i compare to GTA? i never even think about GTA when playing any game but GTA. if that answers your question.
I think he was being facetious, and that he agrees with you.

System Name Main PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Cooling EKWB X570 VIII Hero Monoblock, 2x XD5, Heatkiller IV SB block for chipset,Alphacool 3090 Strix block
Memory 4x16GB 3200-14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident RGB (OC: 3600-14-14-14-28)
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3090 Strix OC
Storage 500GB+500GB SSD RAID0, Fusion IoDrive2 1.2TB, Huawei HSSD 2TB, 11TB on server used for steam
Display(s) Dell LG CX48 (custom res: 3840x1620@120Hz) + Acer XB271HU 2560x1440@144Hz
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD599, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 10 Pro 20H2
I think he was being facetious, and that he agrees with you.
I know it's hard to understand sarcasm without facial expressions, but yes, I thought it was fairly obvious I was playing a character.

D

Deleted member 24505

I know it's hard to understand sarcasm without facial expressions, but yes, I thought it was fairly obvious I was playing a character.

lol ok. there should really be a sarcasm emote or something. Sometimes i use /s to denote sarcasm

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
lol ok. there should really be a sarcasm emote or something. Sometimes i use /s to denote sarcasm

:rolleyes: perhaps

I personally think the very best games ever are all built upon something that already worked. Look at shooters. 90% of them does the exact same thing. Stick a gun in your hands, put a linear map around you and press start. Strategy: build base, get resources, build army, destroy stuff. Open world RPG: character progression, mystery and discovery, do as you please and grow.

What's worse is if Cyberpunk would copy over the typical GTA style of comedy and spirit. That would suck.

But yeah this idea that everything needs to be (re-)innovated all the time... I despise it. 90% of devs can't even get the basics exactly right before they run off with silly ideas. I mean... I was just the other day looking around for a game very similar to TES in how it approaches the open world, exploration, freedom to progress, cheat, build and tweak. It just doesn't exist. You have a slew of shitty ripoffs that all get some qualities right and suck at most others. Gimmicks really. Then there are more serious open world games that are sort of held back by their difficulty, denying you the freedom TES offers... Then you have a truckload of open world survival/building/crafting nonsense, that completely fails at innovation in any successful way but does give you tedious grindy jobs to 'create your own story' which is the cheapest way to say 'we just made you a sandbox and forgot to make it unique'. And then there's the eternal MMO that does almost everything right... but forces you into an online rat race and monetization / stay online drug addiction and is untweakable.

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I just hope the masses of CDPR fans aren't expecting some kind of 'Geralt'. Secretly, I am.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10

That's like saying GTA is a kind of Gothic.
GTA didn't invent the open-world game. It just dumbed it down enough so that anyone will get it.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
GTA didn't invent the open-world game. It just dumbed it down enough so that anyone will get it.
Dumbed it down so much I can't in any kind of good conscience call it an RPG. It's nothing but a Sandbox with a couple lame narratives that wear thin very quickly, leaving you with a sandbox to just...exist and do stupid stuff in. Pointless. This is why I question the people that compare this game to GTA. It's like they have never experienced real, narrative-driven RPG's before and it's all they have to form a comparison to.

EDIT: spelling error on "compare"

Last edited: