• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SSD Different values in test

lu1996

Hello all! So i bought one ADATA SU750 512GB as my first SSD. Well ran crystaldiskmark and AS SSD for performance test and im having issues with the values! The temperature is also strange, always at 70º and above which is bad i guess? Anyway im in doubt if i should ask for a refund or not cause im very confused here, never had SSD before.

Attachments

• print3.PNG
    print3.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 103
  • print.PNG
    print.PNG
    397.2 KB · Views: 101
  • print.jpg
    print.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 87
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
Looks like CDM is returning sequential speeds that are right in line with what your SU750 is marketed as being capable of. If you hover over the bars in CDM (for example, the 258.6 bar in the second row) it will display the IOPS, which you can also compare to those marketed by ADATA (65K IOPS for 4K random read and 75K IOPS for 4K random write). I've never heard of AS SSD, and your CDM results look normal to me. What are you using to measure your drive temperatures ad where are they located?

Edit: I see you've added the screenshot with your ADATA SSD software that includes the temperature. Download HWinfo64 and install that. Open it, check the box for "sensors only" and see what it lists for drive temperature. Getting another measurement will help us rule out a software reporting error

Reactions: Rei
Processor 3900X 4.425
Motherboard X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Galahad 360 push-pull
Memory 2x16gb Crucial Ballistix MAX 4400
Video Card(s) Asus Dual 3060 Ti OC
Storage Optane 280gb PCI-E
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Core X71
Audio Device(s) ATOLL DAC 100SE, Sony DN1070 - Dali Ikon 1 MK2, Presonus Studio 192, Line 6 POD HD rack, Audix VX10
Power Supply AX1500i
Mouse Pulsar Xlite wireless white
Keyboard Leopold FC980C 30g white
Software Win 10 Pro
AS SSD is actually a big name benchmark as far as SSD benches go, it's been around for some while now and is used by quite some people as well. Just not updated nowadays by the Alex guy that makes it I believe.

The values seem a bit on the lower end but then again, that looks like a SATA SSD so probably based on an older controller with meh speeds. The strange thing is overheating though, I'd check temperature with AIDA64, they have a decent database as far as SSD sensor value readings go.

lu1996

Looks like CDM is returning sequential speeds that are right in line with what your SU750 is marketed as being capable of. If you hover over the bars in CDM (for example, the 258.6 bar in the second row) it will display the IOPS, which you can also compare to those marketed by ADATA (65K IOPS for 4K random read and 75K IOPS for 4K random write). I've never heard of AS SSD, and your CDM results look normal to me. What are you using to measure your drive temperatures ad where are they located?
well i was comparing with the speed test of this vídeo:
(i attached the pic of his results)
which is the same SSD and thats why i thought i ran into some kind of issue here. Im using adata toolbox and crystaldiskinfo, both show me a high temperature that never go below 70º (no idea why). They are located in the C: drive which is the SSD. Im noob with this kind of things lol sorry if my answer is confusing

AS SSD is actually a big name benchmark as far as SSD benches go, it's been around for some while now and is used by quite some people as well. Just not updated nowadays by the Alex guy that makes it I believe.

The values seem a bit on the lower end but then again, that looks like a SATA SSD so probably based on an older controller with meh speeds. The strange thing is overheating though, I'd check temperature with AIDA64, they have a decent database as far as SSD sensor value readings go.
Oh allright thanks for the info! I will try to check with AIDA64

Attachments

• printvideo.PNG
    printvideo.PNG
    209.4 KB · Views: 55
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
Ah okay, I had just never heard of it. Thanks for letting me know.

which is the same SSD and thats why i thought i ran into some kind of issue here. Im using adata toolbox and crystaldiskinfo, both show me a high temperature that never go below 70º (no idea why). They are located in the C: drive which is the SSD. Im noob with this kind of things lol sorry if my answer is confusing
Ah, so it looks like the pic you originally had in your post was this guy's results and yours are lower. Yeah, those write speeds look pretty low. What I meant by location was where is your SSD physically located in your PC? Does your case minimal airflow and then your SSD is jammed away in a corner sandwiched between a bunch of cables? Regardless, I would agree with @X71200 that 70C is definitely unusual. Check with AIDA64 and/or HWinfo64

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v

Oh allright thanks for the info! I will try to check with AIDA64
Please fill in your system specs in your profile. Without knowing the rest of your hardware it's really hard to give suggestions.
That said, your thermals are crazy for a SATA drive, did you put on top of your graphics card?

Rei

System Name 1 Desktop/2 Laptops/1 Netbook
Processor AMD Athon X2 64/Intel Pentium 997/Intel Pentium 4/Intel Atom
Motherboard EpoX ATX motherboard/Samsung/Toshiba/Lenovo
Cooling Stock
Memory 4 GB/4 GB/2 GB/2 GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti/Intel HD Graphics/GeForce 4MX/Intel GMA
Storage 6+ TB Total
Display(s) HP Pavilion 14 Inch 1024x768@60Hz 4:3 Aspect Ratio CRT Monitor
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Power Supply Seasonic 500 Watt & VenomRX 500 Watt
Mouse Wayes Iron Man Wireless Mouse
Keyboard Rexus VR2 Wireless Keyboard
Software Win10 & WinXP SP3
Benchmark Scores It sucks...
Hello all! So i bought one ADATA SU750 512GB as my first SSD. Well ran crystaldiskmark and AS SSD for performance test and im having issues with the values! The temperature is also strange, always at 70º and above which is bad i guess? Anyway im in doubt if i should ask for a refund or not cause im very confused here, never had SSD before.
Looks like you are using an obsolete version of CrystalDiskMark. Download the newest version which is version 8.0.0 RC1 as of this writing. Even though your current score is still somewhat viable, the methodology which the old version uses is rather outdated. Using the newest version ensure that by using the latest methodology, you might get a more accurate benchmark score. While you are there, might as well get the latest version of CrystalDiskInfo which right now is at version 8.8.9 to ensure accurate reading of your SSD's stats & temperature.