• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Constant Yellow EDP OTHER and PL1

furkandurdu

i just want to know why are PL1 and EDP OTHER yellow , it doesnt effect anything and limit reasons dont go red ever if im not doing prime95 test,

Adsız.jpg

as i said my system is totally stable, but those limit reasons are always yellow and they never go away. so why is that ?

System Name PowerSpec 1720 (Clevo PB70EF-G)
Processor i7-8750H (UV)
Motherboard PB70EF-G
Cooling SYY 157
Memory 32GB 3000MHz 15-18-18-36 1T (OC)
Video Card(s) 115W RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 (OC/UV)
Storage 500GB WD Black SN700 NVME, 1TB Samsung 980
Display(s) 144Hz G-Sync 17.3" IPS
Case PowerSpec
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Pro-Gaming X
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Redragon K556/DITI K585
Software M$ Windows 10 Pro, Throttle Stop 9.5, MSi Afterburner, ParkControl
PL1 Core and EDP Other Ring on boot will always be triggered on many laptops. My Acer and Clevo both always had these limits in Yellow after boot.

Clear the Limits and game or stress the system and watch the Limits again. IF you are truly not Power Limit throttling they will not reappear during normal use in Red or Yellow.

I

furkandurdu

PL1 Core and EDP Other Ring on boot will always be triggered on many laptops. My Acer and Clevo both always had these limits in Yellow after boot.

Clear the Limits and game or stress the system and watch the Limits again. IF you are truly not Power Limit throttling they will not reappear during normal use in Red or Yellow.

I

oh i see, my laptop is clevo too, so its nothing, thank you very much!

ive ran a lot of cinebenchs or other stress tests,gaming etc, they never turn on when i clear them, only exception is prime95, after like 5-10 mins they go red, both of them, and power limit throttling occurs because cpu package power go over 50 watts, my pl1 is set to 50 by me.