• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PSA: AMD's Graphics Driver will Eat One CPU Core when No Radeon Installed

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
So AMD bad, Intel and nVidia good. This is BS article to make AMD look bad.
I don't even know where to start with this one... but if your accusing @W1zzard of being a 'shill' and having no intention other than dumping on AMD to make them look bad, you don't know his standards very well.

This sort of constructive journalism gets issues fixed.

I don't even know where to start with this one... but if your accusing @W1zzard of being a 'shill' and having no intention other than dumping on AMD to make them look bad, you don't know his standards very well.

No one can call W1z a shill, he's way too objective. This is a flat-out weird-as-hell glitch/bug discovery. AMD will fix this, but they needed the nitty-gritty break-down like this to know what to look at and what to fix...
@hurakura you need to stop that nonsense, you're embarrassing yourself.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Looks like Wizzard kicked over a hornets nest before leaving for the weekend.

I think maybe that's why he timed it how he did.

Fanboyism can be a vicious, blinding thing.

I really don't think AMD did this deliberately. It's got to be an unintentional problem...

Oh it's completely unintentional, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.

For a rather extreme analogy, Chernobyl was unintentional. It was also completely brought about by lax practices.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
I really don't think AMD did this deliberately. It's got to be an unintentional problem...

No. Just no. No hardware maker has ever had a perfect track record for their drivers and software suites. However, few have ever failed to to provide fixes and updates.
You don't get me. When I see AMD's lacklustre Ray Tracing presentation and support in games I'm not disappointed. If AMD's DLSS counterpart sucks I won't be disappointed. It's AMD after all. AMD never invested in Crossfire so much that SLI is synonymous with multi-GPU, I never cared. It's AMD after all. AMD never had good OpenGL and DirectX 11 drivers but I wasn't disappointed, it's AMD after all. This guy in our forum can't play his games right now. I'm not disappointed cause it's AMD after all. This guy sold his 5600 XT after battling with issues for a year and I'm not disappointed. It's AMD after all. AMD locked 6800 XT to 2.8 Ghz and 6900 XT to 3.0 Ghz when they could literally have overclocking champs. Buildzoid the self-proclaimed AMD fan might be disappointed, der8auer could be disappointed but I'm not.

I just automatically set my expectations and hopes low for any AMD Radeon product.

Reactions: Rei
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
I just automatically set my expectations and hopes low for any AMD Radeon product.

And that's not really much wiser than expecting it always to be the best.

I don't expect much of anything. I research and buy. And research like this makes me glad I avoided a potential virtual landmine.

Oh it's completely unintentional, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.
The more I look at the details the more I think it's an honest mistake, not a stupid one. Probably easily corrected with a quick patch.
For a rather extreme analogy, Chernobyl was unintentional. It was also completely brought about by lax practices.
Yup, that's out there... :kookoo::roll:
You don't get me.
No, I got you. I think you're not being very objective and holding a grudge.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Yup, that's out there...

lol, Didn't say it wasn't, but it's the same degree of facepalm inducing error that you know was followed by others.

The shoe fits on the error foot, if not the severity one.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
No, I got you. I think you're not being very objective and holding a grudge.
I'm not claiming to be the bastion of objectivity. But yes I know that everyone fucks up software sometimes. And otoh AMD produces good software sometimes. Anyway I'll end this back-and-forth. It's going nowhere.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Well he did the mistake on a SSD test system. If hes doing that on a test systems i.e. not cleaning it while switching hardware and drivers. Its not far fetched what else has happened we havent had a PSA for.
Of course I didn't test (benchmark) anything like that, you think I don't know? I tested a new build of GPU-Z using Remote Debugger, on NVIDIA, to check some code changes. Benchmark performance is irrelevant in this case

He run the game's benchmark. Ultra settings in game, stock settings for the card and Ryzen, 50 fps at 1440p. Your testing reported 39.6 fps.
The benchmark is useless, it does not represent actual gaming performance. Play the game, stand in Athens, what's the FPS? Turn around, what's the FPS now?

An application that goes with hardware you've uninstalled wasn't removed, and doesn't know the hardware was removed
Of course it can know that the hardware isn't present anymore. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing this problem at all. The DVR software does check for AMD hardware and doesn't start, the Settings software does not, and waits forever for the DVR software to start.

multi-GPU bugs are left in GPU-Z
More details please, ideally in the GPU-Z bug report forum.

Be careful when doing performance evaluations because such issues could skew results
They definitely will, which is why I mentioned the 0.5% FPS difference even on a 8c/16t system. I wouldn't be surprised if this affected some less experienced reviewers. As mentioned above I did not benchmark anything on this dual-core machine.

You better explain yourself what you doing with dual core!
See beginning of this post. It's an old system that's useful to have around, and it works surprisingly well for these tasks.

It doesn't care about the why. Its software. You can explain why you tried using an unsupported graphics card all day but it doesnt change anything. AMD might need to patent some sort of mechanism that comes out of the PC and slaps the GPU out of your hand. Until that time comes software can only stop you from installing when you have an incompatible GPU in.
This is not how it works. Windows enumerates all hardware on bootup and does not load drivers for devices that are not present. Go to Device Manager and check "Show Hidden Devices". All these devices are "installed" in your system, and have the driver ready to go.

It's a bug not a conspiracy
Of course not, this is just a mistake

I guess next to test is nVidia driver on a system whit Intel CPU and AMD gpu?
That's a great idea. If I find something, do you want me to post an article?

Processor Ryzen 5600X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Software Win11
When ReLive was invented it made some problems around 2018 or so.
after quick googling i found this
back in the day some pointed at this problem only coming up when intel igpu is present. Some needed to delete the DVR exe. in C:/program files/AMD/C Next/Cnext
Some even couldn´t install HWinfo after that problem occured.
i my head was until today my own reminder: Dont install ReLive ever.

@W1zzard: I somehow can't reply or quote directly, so I'm just pasting it:

You're probably asking now, "what if the event never gets created?" Exactly, your program will be hung, forever, caught in an infinite loop. The correct way to implement this code is to either set a time limit for how long the loop should run, or count the number of runs and give up after 100, 1000, 1 million, you pick a number—but it's important to set a reasonable limit.

Yes, the segment should definitely stop after reaching a threshold, but what if this check was always performed elsewhere and was removed at some point? Then the programmer that wrote this section didn't do anything wrong. In large codebases with big teams, this can happen. It could be a simple communication error ... Since QA probably doesn't test this on computers without Radeon GPUs, it's easy to see why it went undetected.

I hope you reported the bug ...

A more subtle effect of this kind of busy waiting is that it will run as fast as the processor can, loading one core to 100%. While that might be desirable if you have to be able to react VERY quickly to something, there's no reason to do that here. The typical approach is to add a short bit of delay inside the loop, which tells the operating system and processor "hey, I'm waiting on something and don't need CPU time, you may run another application now or reduce power". Modern processors will adjust their frequency when lightly loaded, and even power down cores completely, to conserve energy and reduce heat output. Even a delay of one millisecond will make a huge difference here.

That is fine in theory, but what if debounced listener has problems catching the signals? Then this process might take even longer or be stuck in an infinite loop forever even if you have a Radeon GPU. Just a guess ... :)

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
This article is such crap. Usually I like reading techpowerup, but a professional video card reviewer who doesn't do a DDU when switching GPUs??? Then saying there is a definite performance drop, 150 vs 151, a whole .5%. That sounds within margin of error. To top it off, there's no test to see if this is true going from Nvidia to AMD.

Then there are people on here who seem to believe that there's no need to uninstall drivers for major hardware changes. I'm sorry, but a GPU is a major hardware change. Do you guys also not cleanup your systems when you change from CPU vendors or change chipsets?

I've swapped systems entirely without reinstalling Windows (10), sometimes it has worked fine, sometimes less fine. I long for the day I never have to reinstall Windows again, but stuff like this highlights that we're not there yet and may never be.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
That is fine in theory, but what if debounced listener has problems catching the signals?
Not 100% sure what you are asking, but the OS makes certain guarantees about Events, they are unique and thread-safe

Processor Intel i7-5820k
Motherboard ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x AMD Vega Frontier Edition 16GB
Storage 4x 3TB Hitachi ALE641
Display(s) 3x Dell U2312HM
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Mouse Redragon Perdition
Keyboard Bloody B740 LightStrike
Software Windows 10
More details please, ideally in the GPU-Z bug report forum.

You commented on the bug several times, and said GPU reporting 0/0mhz values on Vega cards in multi-GPU configs wasn't an issue with your software (and only your software specifically, everything else has no issues), while leaving it unfixed forever.

You're really doing a bang-up job with this "unbiased" thing.

Next are you going to write a hitpiece about ARM and Android, while saying that iOS devices are absolutely not locked down? :p

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
even an inexperienced user won't install amd drivers for nv card ...only if he really don't know the difference

when changing gpu and manufacturer the old driver usually is uninstalled(by user-edited for any misunderstanding...) but it may happen to remain...

this issue may affect mostly the reviewers if they just swap the cards in the test system

Last edited:
System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
The benchmark is useless, it does not represent actual gaming performance. Play the game, stand in Athens, what's the FPS? Turn around, what's the FPS now?

When comparing GPUs the whole story is to compare them under the same conditions and with the same parameters. You said that

FPS depends a lot on the game location, or did he play the benchmark? I use actual gameplay. Cities vs outside huge difference. AC:O is also difficult to repro run-to-run because dynamic weather and other random events

When you point at those difficulties in getting accurate readings, I believe you have to use the benchmark. Even if you don't like it. Because you want to compare video cards, or cpus under the absolute same conditions. You do extra performance tests when you are reviewing the game to see how specific hardware, does in all those different situations and how the game's graphic engine performs in different areas of the game. In a city with multiple NPCs visible, in the woods with plenty of vegetation, in an open field with just that dynamic weather. Running the game under a specific scenario, for example in a city, could be making it more CPU bound giving an extra advantage in high IPC CPUs, in the woods maybe it needs higher memory bandwidth from the graphics card favoring those cards and in an open field maybe it can hide in a small degree the differences in performance between different hardware because the scene is less demanding from both CPU and GPU.

Processor Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE
Display(s) ASUS PG43UQ
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 7
this issue may affect mostly the reviewers if they just swap the cards in the test system

I think that's a very good point. If a reviewer just swaps GPUs without uninstalling drivers, the NVIDIA card will be disadvantaged because the AMD driver will hose up a CPU core.

Processor Intel i7-5820k
Motherboard ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x AMD Vega Frontier Edition 16GB
Storage 4x 3TB Hitachi ALE641
Display(s) 3x Dell U2312HM
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Mouse Redragon Perdition
Keyboard Bloody B740 LightStrike
Software Windows 10
I think that's a very good point. If a reviewer just swaps GPUs without uninstalling drivers, the NVIDIA card will be disadvantaged because the AMD driver will hose up a CPU core.
If a reviewer does this, they're literally not doing their job, and would get fired.

System Name Main Machine
Processor Intel i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
Cooling Water cooling, 2x EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, 1x360mm+1x240mm+1x120mm EK, Mora 360 Pro, EK-Quantum Velocity 2
Memory G.SKILL 32GB DDR5-7200, 7200J3445G16GX2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 7900 XTX Aqua
Storage 2x WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB und 2TB, 2x8TB Seagate Ironwolf
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ 27inch 165Hz FreeSync Premium Pro
Case Cooler Master COSMOS C700P
Audio Device(s) Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament + Elite Pro TAC
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i 1600W Titanium
Mouse Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Win 11
I always use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) before I change my GPU especially when switching from AMD to NVIDIA or vise versa. :rolleyes:

Of course that would be horror cenario for W1zzard who is testing lot of cards and uninstalling drivers after every GPU change will be terrible. :banghead:

I did the same when I went from Radeon VII to 6800XT although on the same drive version for both but looking at for example Wattman I see that 6800XT has completely different menu.
I am not sure if the Radeon Software would do proper setting if I would have just switched cards without uninstalling driver first though installing back same version again. :confused:
In any case I did not wanted to take the risk of having unexplained problems. :laugh:

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
So AMD bad, Intel and nVidia good. This is BS article to make AMD look bad. Why do you have drivers installed for a hardware not in the PC? I guess next to test is nVidia driver on a system whit Intel CPU and AMD gpu?
:banghead:
So should we avoid showcasing bugs for AMD then, just in case you fanboys can't handle it? :rolleyes:

This article is such crap. Usually I like reading techpowerup, but a professional video card reviewer who doesn't do a DDU when switching GPUs???
He provided a disassembly of a bug, then provided a translation to C for clarity along with an explanation.
This is article is far more advanced than most other tech sites would publish, even the renowned Anandtech's "in-depth" articles usually only scratches the surface, and only sound technical to non-engineers.

Then there are people on here who seem to believe that there's no need to uninstall drivers for major hardware changes. I'm sorry, but a GPU is a major hardware change. Do you guys also not cleanup your systems when you change from CPU vendors or change chipsets?
You must be kidding, right?
Do you really expect every user to know how to use DDU when switching GPUs? Then at least shouldn't this be shown as a big disclaimer before buying such products?

In 99.999% of cases such bugs are accidents, negligence, incompetence, etc.
I seriously hope no one in here thinks such bugs are intentional.

when changing gpu and manufacturer the old driver usually is uninstalled but it may happen to remain...
What? :eek:
It's not uncommon for developers to have multiple GPUs from different makers.

If a system is "broken" because a driver is not uninstalled, then the driver is broken, end of discussion.

Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
What? :eek:
It's not uncommon for developers to have multiple GPUs from different makers.

If a system is "broken" because a driver is not uninstalled, then the driver is broken, end of discussion.

you have on your pc 2 dedicated gpu's one amd and one nv?

we don't know if this behavior also appear on system with amd apu's mixed with dedicated nv gpu so we need feedback from people in this situation... not valid as hardware is always there so no conflict...

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I gave up trying to read everything, so Ill just say this... Thanks @W1zzard for doing this.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
You don't get me. When I see AMD's lacklustre Ray Tracing presentation and support in games I'm not disappointed. If AMD's DLSS counterpart sucks I won't be disappointed. It's AMD after all. AMD never invested in Crossfire so much that SLI is synonymous with multi-GPU, I never cared. It's AMD after all. AMD never had good OpenGL and DirectX 11 drivers but I wasn't disappointed, it's AMD after all. This guy in our forum can't play his games right now. I'm not disappointed cause it's AMD after all. This guy sold his 5600 XT after battling with issues for a year and I'm not disappointed. It's AMD after all. AMD locked 6800 XT to 2.8 Ghz and 6900 XT to 3.0 Ghz when they could literally have overclocking champs. Buildzoid the self-proclaimed AMD fan might be disappointed, der8auer could be disappointed but I'm not.

You think gaming on 8GB of ram is AMD's fault?

Perhaps you're biased and reaching for examples...

you have on your pc 2 dedicated gpu's one amd and one nv?

we don't know if this behavior also appear on system with amd apu's mixed with dedicated nv gpu so we need feedback from people in this situation... not valid as hardware is always there so no conflict...

I totally have a few times, it's called onboard graphics. i've also done it before testing GPU's, VBIOS flashing, etc etc. It's not common for a home user, but its also commonly problem free

This!

Sad but true - bad press is often the only way to force corporations to fix their products. When contacted directly by user, they'll either not respond, straight up deny existence of a problem, or forward to customer support, with endless loop of "did you try to turn it off and on" and "did you try uninstalling and installing"...
And it doesn't matter if that's a bug affecting performance, or a security vulnerability.
There's no such thing as being nice. Bug? Make it loud. Vulnerability? Send emails to appropriate places, and file a CVE with 90 days disclosure deadline.

when changing gpu and manufacturer the old driver usually is uninstalled but it may happen to remain...
"is"? Driver package doesn't uninstall itself automagically. The driver itself (.sys file) isn't loaded by OS when there's no GPU, but the settings app and services are still run in background.

Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
You think gaming on 8GB of ram is AMD's fault?

Perhaps you're biased and reaching for examples...

I totally have a few times, it's called onboard graphics. i've also done it before testing GPU's, VBIOS flashing, etc etc. It's not common for a home user, but its also commonly problem free

onboard graphic don't count in this case as hardware wise is always present so driver or not it can't create any issues

This!

Sad but true - bad press is often the only way to force corporations to fix their products. When contacted directly by user, they'll either not respond, straight up deny existence of a problem, or forward to customer support, with endless loop of "did you try to turn it off and on" and "did you try uninstalling and installing"...
And it doesn't matter if that's a bug affecting performance, or a security vulnerability.
There's no such thing as being nice. Bug? Make it loud. Vulnerability? Send emails to appropriate places, and file a CVE with 90 days disclosure deadline.

"is"? Driver package doesn't uninstall itself automagically. The driver itself (.sys file) isn't loaded by OS when there's no GPU, but the settings app and services are still run in background.

i'm aware it won't uninstall by itself but user can do it and when changing manufacturer is common sens no?