• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD MSI RX 580 8Gb Armoc OC - error code 43

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverso

Hello dudes,

I've a relative same issue than others seen on this forum... but information given to solve it doesn't worked.
I've a MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8Gb OC bought on internet, probably an ex mining card.

After repairing faulty gpu (artifacts on screen, 2 columns) the card remain with an error code 43 under windows 10 x64, after a fresh install.
Here is my setup :
  • Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X370-GAMING K7 (with latest bios)
  • DDR4 HyperX Fury 2x8GB 3200 (XMP activated in bios)
  • PNY NVMe XL8 250Gb drive
  • Samsung EVO (don't remember the serie) 120Gb drive
  • Kind of "noname" power supply 550W with 6+2 pins for graphic card
  • Ryzen 7 2700
  • MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8Gb OC (connected to screen with a DVI cable)
Here are my testing information :
  • Tried to use many vBios of thechpowerup website for this card. Only one seems to allow PC booting (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/198251/msi-rx580-8192-171113) the latest one or older ones freeze the computer at startup.
  • Tried to update windows before installing chipset drives (from Gigabyte website, latest version and older one tested) without any better results
  • The chipset driver install freeze the computer and crash windows 10 booting sequence (needed to restore before drivers install or fully reset the windows 10 install)
  • Tried to manually select a driver in extract AMD driver setup package (in C:\AMD ...). Tried different drivers in this archive cause there is 2 .ini files in which we have 2 RX 580 drivers. I just spotted that after one of the 4 drivers install, the error 43 gone but returned after computer reboot. In other cases, the error 43 is immediately raised after driver setup.
  • Tried to disable device and uninstall drivers... no better result
  • Tried to put the card in the second PCIE connector as a kind of "slave" card and another graphic card in first slot to have an output. The error 43 stayed (seems to eliminate a faulty screen cord)
  • Tried ATI/AMD pixel clock patcher. No better results
  • Wrote to MSI for a support, at least having a stock MSI bios for the S/N of my card. They just answered me "thank you for using our products. The card must be faulty..." (buy us another new one). Great company with great support ! Next time, I'll prefer cut an hand than buying us a product (need to calm me down)
  • Tried to get a vbios on MSI forum but since few weeks, MSI does'nt give anymore vbios images for his products... (really great "after sell" support)
BUT

Cause I was tired with this card (and windows), before hanging me up, I tried to install the latest Ubuntu release.
And, after installing the latest AMD drivers for Ubuntu from the AMD website, the card run just perfectly (played about 30 minutes Witcher 2 with ultra level details without any freeze, artifact or slowdown).

I don't know the difference in graphic card management between Windows and linux but the hardware seems to work correctly, without any issue une Ubuntu.
So it's for sure possible under windows 10 too.
Maybe it's juste a wrong vbios issue.

You'll find some pictures from the cards and other clues... please help, I'm loosing my nights on it :)

Attachments

• RX580 SN.jpg
    RX580 SN.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,819
  • gpu-z.png
    gpu-z.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,477
  • device manager.png
    device manager.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,420

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
First of, restore the original BIOS, if you don't have a backup, see this thread for more details.

If the card can run 3D content in Ubuntu, it should also work on Windows.

Use this registry export to disable the automatic driver update feature in Windows 10 and uninstall all AMD drivers from the control panel

Use AMD Cleanup Utility, and DDU from safe mode, and then install the latest driver from AMD's website.

Reverso

Hello,

Thanks friend.
I'll try and notify community of the success or fail.

Here are my last try :
  • Rebooted Windows 10 in fail safe mode
  • Uninstalled drivers with AMD tool and DDU
  • Patched register
  • Rebooted (the installed device is a king of generic windows graphic display adapter)
  • Installed the official AMD WHQL driver from AMD website
Rebooted... no more success.

I disassembled the fan cards and noted the type of RAM. It's a micron memory with :
8FB77
D9VVR
Writted on it.

I googled these references and found this page :
D9VVR is a FBGA code for 8Gb chip MT51J256M32HF-80 (or chipset cause all chip on this boards have the same FBGA for a total memory size of 8Gb)

I searched on techpowerup for MSI RX 580 ARMOR OC 8Gb bios but in bioses details, the supported memory chip are "mt51j256m32hfb" and not "mt51j256m32hf" or "mt51j256m32hf-80".
The bios I use actually is this one : TV341MH.653

I searched in unverified uploads and so far I've not found a support for "mt51j256m32hf-80" or "mt51j256m32hf".

Is it possible to have a TV341MH.653 version that's not fully supporting the embedded micron chips ?

Thanks for help

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
This is the original BIOS for MSI RX 580 Armor 8GB OC with serial 602-V341-1050B:

Source: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=306409.0

Your problem isn't related to the BIOS. If it works in Linux, it is most likely a problem with Windows or configuration.

Try another PCIe slot, reinstall the OS, check the card for damage or missing SMT component.

Reverso

Hello friends.
No better luck with this one cause its the same I used before.

A faulty component may be the origin of the problem but I don't know how to spot it and why I was able to run a game with "ultra" details mode under ubuntu without any problem.

I tried another time to swap for ubuntu but this time, after successful install, the computer freeze after reboot and all the fans start to run at full speed for few seconds (no error code on motherboard and no display on screen).

I'll try other way and let you tuned.

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro
No name power supply, likely junk I'd replace that ASAP when you sort your gpu

Reverso

Hello there (general ...)

I had a first look to PCB.

One of the component seems to be unsoldered. The component reference is U1000 but I don't know what kind of component it is and can't read the microscopic reference writted on it.
As you'll see, it's an uncommon for me component layout cause we have 3 pins on one side only 2 on the other one (one is broken ?).
The pins are deformed and when I gently touch the component, it slided a bit (2 pins, on the side where there is only 2 have slided).

Is anybody have the same graphic card to take a shot of this component ?
It's near the 6+2 pin power connector. If on yours there is 6 pins (3 each side), my problem may come from there.

Thanks

No name power supply, likely junk I'd replace that ASAP when you sort your gpu
Will be the next step for sure :)

Attachments

• MSI-RX580-chip-U1000.jpg
    MSI-RX580-chip-U1000.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 3,917

Reverso

Ok thanks... Just need to know what's the reference of this component !

Reverso

Hello,

Every attempts was unsuccessful.

I installed back ubuntu 20.04 in dual boot with bundled mesa driver, amdgpu driver (from amd.com official website) with

amdgpu-install -y --no-dkms

Without this option, on this release, the screen stayed black.

The computer takes some time to boot up (1 or 2 minutes), all the fans go full throttle, calm down and the screen display a nice picture with amdgpu driver activated.

I'll make some benchmark tonight.

Don't know where the problem come with windows 10 x64...

Reverso

Ok, it was not the good way.

The screen is blinking some times... Maybe it's a hardware failure.

Too bad

Dreadn0ught

Hello guys, i have litteraly same problem. just look at my pic.
error 43 from windows. btw i dont checked card on linux OS.
when I went to the store for warranty, they told me that I broke it myself and they wouldn't accept it, but I couldn't do it, I definitely didn't do it, and now I see that I'm not alone. I purchased this video card on June 11, 2020, and received it on June 18. I have an idea that this is a factory failure, and on a whole batch of cards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,102

Reverso

Whoa, looks like yours is pretty damaged ! Maybe it's a "factory" processing issue.
Yours clearly have a broken leg.

I've not find any solution to solve this error code 43.
Let me know if you manage to make it working again

As addition to my previous post, I swaped my PSU for a new one with 900W power supply

After further readings, U1000 is a logical AND gate.
Found some measures on russian forum but haven't try to test it yet.

Reverso

I don't know if it can be considered as a clue but i completely removed the U1000 component (2 legs of the SMD was unsoldered / ripped from PCB with pads) and the error 43 is still there.

So, the faulty SMD component may result of the error 43 issue.

Any idea of the exact reference of this smd ?

when I went to the store for warranty, they told me that I broke it myself and they wouldn't accept it, but I couldn't do it, I definitely didn't do it, and now I see that I'm not alone. I purchased this video card on June 11, 2020, and received it on June 18. I have an idea that this is a factory failure, and on a whole batch of cards.

Regarding the test on linux, maybe the card has worked flawlessly because the two legs of SMD was barely connected.
I hope to find a AND GATE SMD and be able to repair connection pads.

titotito

Hello Reverso
Tell me how did you end up with the card?
I tell you that I have the same error as you describe it.
In my case I have 3 identical MSI RX 580 ARMOR OC 8Gb (Micron) cards that I used in mining.
All 3 cards stopped working!
I have not been able to revive them. Everything you have commented describes exactly what I have done without being able to remove error 43.
Apparently the recognition problem between the card and OS because it seems impossible that the 3 cards will fail the same day for the same hardware.
Tell me if you have tried something new, I will proceed to install linux to test them. I currently have Win10 x64 installed

cscheat

I have the exact same problem ... error ! at device manager no matter how many bios i tried to flash

Do you have any solution for this ??

I bought 12 cards from somebody (probably used for mining)

Appreciate anybody's input !

Edit:

I just dismantled my GPU.. saw is SAMSUNG CHIP

Last edited:

saintdanny

Hello.
I have the same problem here. I used my Asus RX580 Strix 8GB (samsung mem) for mining in the past. Restored the factory VBIOS but nothing seems to get rid of the error 43. My card doesn't show any video and has the same parameters in GPUz as the ones stated above.

This is the only card out of 80 that I haven't been able to restore AND it's the only RX580 out of them. The rest of them were RX570 Strix 4GB and all of them are working perfectly.

If anyone else has other ideas I would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers

Attachments

• amdvbflashWin 24_01_2021 02_35_04 p. m..png
    amdvbflashWin 24_01_2021 02_35_04 p. m..png
    128.9 KB · Views: 416
  • ASUS ROG STRIX RX 580 GAMING OC Specs _ TechPowerUp GPU Database - Google Chrome 24_01_2021 02...png
    ASUS ROG STRIX RX 580 GAMING OC Specs _ TechPowerUp GPU Database - Google Chrome 24_01_2021 02...png
    5.1 MB · Views: 417
  • RX580 GPUz 0MHZ.gif
    RX580 GPUz 0MHZ.gif
    112.4 KB · Views: 982

elbrillo

Hola.
Tengo el mismo problema aquí. Usé mi Asus RX580 Strix 8GB (samsung mem) para minar en el pasado. Se restauró el VBIOS de fábrica, pero nada parece eliminar el error 43. Mi tarjeta no muestra ningún video y tiene los mismos parámetros en GPUz que los indicados anteriormente.

Esta es la única tarjeta de 80 que no he podido restaurar Y es la única RX580 de ellas. El resto eran RX570 Strix 4GB y todos funcionan perfectamente.

Si alguien más tiene otras ideas, ¡se las agradecería mucho!

Salud
tengo el mismo problema

Tengo exactamente el mismo problema ... ¡error! en el administrador de dispositivos, no importa cuántas BIOS intenté flashear

¿Tienes alguna solución para esto?

Compré 12 tarjetas de alguien (probablemente usadas para minería)

¡Aprecio el aporte de todos!

Editar:

Acabo de desmantelar mi GPU .. vi es SAMSUNG CHIP
tengo el mismo problema solucionaste ???

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-25 at 10.17.11 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-25 at 10.17.11 AM.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 369
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-02-25 at 10.17.11 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-25 at 10.17.11 AM.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 327
System Name Gaming1 / Office 2
Processor Intel i7 7700k@4.8ghz / Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard MSI 270 SLI PLUS / MSI MAG X570S - TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
Cooling ID-Cooling Frostflow X 120 - Liquid / ID-Cooling SE-903 V2
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Black / 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL - 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5700XT THICC III Ultra 8GB / XFX RX 6600XT 8GB
Storage 1st : 1x SSD Samsung 870 Evo 1Tb + 4x SAS HDD in RAID / 2nd : 1 Tb SSD Nvme Samsung 970 EVO PLUS
Display(s) 2x Dell 3008 WFP
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 / GENESIS IRID 300
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster XFI / Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W / Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech G5
Keyboard Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205 / Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205
Software 1st - Win 10 Pro X64 / Win 7 X86 / Ubuntu / 2nd - Windows 11 Pro x64
Hello every1

I am new to this forum, but i read all this article because i am in the same position as those 2 members who discovered that they miss some electronic piece from the back of MSI RX 580 8GB pcb.
I am in the same situation.
Does any1 found out what is the code of that piece or a better picture where we can see the serial of that piece?
Why ? because my brother in law is electronic engineer and he will repair my video card as soon as i find out what i miss from there.
OFC i will reply here with all the details of the process.
Cheers

ivdonev

I have the same problem after cleaning and replacing the GPU paste.
My card:
PowerColor RX580-8Gb

2006_93Mike

I bought two RX580 that were described as broken but the price was right and I thought well maybe....

Checking both I found U1000 missing. Since it was reported that these cards will run in Linux without it but not in Windows I suspect it was a mining card and people removed U1000 to push the cards harder.

Anyways, a search showed this was a 5 pin AND gate chip. I didn't have any but an AND gate pulls the output high when both inputs are high. Since it was missing and wouldn't work, I reasoned that the output was low and I had to pull the output high. I grabbed a 1200 Ohm chip resistor and traced the output from a 5 pin AND gate spec sheet and bridged the +voltage to the resistor and the resistor to the output. Here are the pin numbers looking down on the chip:

1___5 \
2_____ R
3___4 /

1 and 2 are inputs A and B, 3 is ground, 4 is output and 5 is Vcc, R is the newly added resistor. (Please Ignore the lines between 1 and 5, 2 and R and 3 and 4. I had to add it for formatting as the site kept moving the letters around)

Simply tie 4 and 5 together with a 1 to 12K resistor and the card will fire up in Windows. This assumes that the traces are intact. You need to figure out how to connect these two points if they are not.

I would be concerned that by doing this, you're bypassing some safety measure but I have no idea what. You assume all risks regarding the possible safety guards you may be bypassing.

I don't think it's too big of an issue as Linux ignores these lines anyways.

The widows drivers really play hard getting these cards setup after doing this, especially if you been trying and trying to install and weren't successful. First, it wouldn't see the card and I had to patch the driver. Then it wouldn't let me install the Radeon software, kept getting errors. The best luck I had was after a windows reinstall then patch the driver with the ATIKMDag-patcher.
Then install the AMD software and then set the card mode to compute. Use MSI Afterburner to tweak.

I now have the two cards up and running.

My Unmineable Etherium referral code is ums1-rnzd if you found this helpful and want to pay me back for this.

Best of luck with this,
Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.