• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Android X86 Club

Oh my goodness, it was just the launcher... Haha! Seems to have solved the problem completely.

Thanks for taking the time to help, lexluthermiester. I appreciate it! Glad to have found a place for my Android x86 questions.
You're welcome! Glad I could help! And BTW, Welcome to TPU!

Aswitzer

Ok, question number two!

Same set up, used Android x86 to put Android 9 on a large table top touch screen and the Wifi seems to cut out randomly. Sometimes if I turn the Wifi off and back on I can reconnect. When the Wifi drops, it will still scan and show available networks. But trying to connect to the network doesn't happen.

Other devices on the same Wifi don't have this issue, so it is not a problem with the Wifi itself.

Any thoughts on where to start?

Thanks!

Ok, question number two!

Same set up, used Android x86 to put Android 9 on a large table top touch screen and the Wifi seems to cut out randomly. Sometimes if I turn the Wifi off and back on I can reconnect. When the Wifi drops, it will still scan and show available networks. But trying to connect to the network doesn't happen.

Other devices on the same Wifi don't have this issue, so it is not a problem with the Wifi itself.

Any thoughts on where to start?

Thanks!
That sounds like a kernel-level driver problem. I can't remember when, but the devs changed the driver DB to adjust/increase compatibility and stability for WiFi adapters that were becoming more common. This had the unfortunate side effect of rendering older devices less compatible and/or stable. Nature of the beast I'm afraid. What you could do is tell me what your device model is and I can research the hardware and help you find the version of AX86 that would be best suited to said hardware.

Aswitzer

Thanks again lexluthermiester for taking time to help me.

I don't really have a device model number for you. I am pretty sure that the table top touch screen I am using is a custom build. I got it for free from the company I work for, it was one of their older models they were getting rid of. So I don't think there is a clear list of its components online to look up.

Is there a way for me to look within the settings or something to find the hardware info you need?

Thanks again lexluthermiester for taking time to help me.

I don't really have a device model number for you. I am pretty sure that the table top touch screen I am using is a custom build. I got it for free from the company I work for, it was one of their older models they were getting rid of. So I don't think there is a clear list of its components online to look up.

Is there a way for me to look within the settings or something to find the hardware info you need?
Yes. As an alternative, can you give me the system specs? A couple of screenshots of CPUZ for Android would be good enough. I suspect that your Wifi adaptor is an older one and that optimal kernel support may require Android X86 8.0R3 or even a version of Android X86 7.1.2(such as my personal fav CM14.1R3).

Aswitzer

Can you give me the system specs? A couple of screenshots of CPUZ for Android would be good enough.

Sorry for my delay, finally got a chance to sit down and play with the touch screen again. Sometimes when it is completely powered off it will uninstall the android x86 partition. Not sure why lol. But I reinstalled it and I have attached three pictures of specs from the CPUZ app. Let me know if you need any other info.

I am looking forward to your suggestion on which android version to switch to.

Thanks!

Attachments

• rsz_img_20200531_081726.jpg
    rsz_img_20200531_081726.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 361
  • rsz_img_20200531_081732.jpg
    rsz_img_20200531_081732.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20200531_081707.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 150
Sorry for my delay, finally got a chance to sit down and play with the touch screen again. Sometimes when it is completely powered off it will uninstall the android x86 partition. Not sure why lol. But I reinstalled it and I have attached three pictures of specs from the CPUZ app. Let me know if you need any other info.

I am looking forward to your suggestion on which android version to switch to.

Thanks!
As I suspected, you are using a device with older hardware. The Atom Z8300 is a few years old and is generally paired with and older, now less supported, wifi module. So I would suggest installing Android X86 CM14.1R4 and see how you fair.
As mentioned above, this is my personal fav because of the software feature set.

There is also the vanilla version of 7.1.2R4.

There's also a new version of 8.1R5

This all is of course just educated guessing, but it's worth a try.

Processor i7 990x @4.4GHz 1.35v
Motherboard Rampage II Extreme
Cooling 2x Feser TFC Xchange 480 , 2x Coolgate g2, dual D5+bitspower top
Memory 3x 4GB G.Skill sniper 2400C11 1.65V
Video Card(s) GA Aorus extreme 1080 Ti, 980 Ti Ref 400w bios mod
Storage Samsung 950 pro 512GB, 860 evo 1TB
Power Supply FSP Aurum pro 1200w
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/11496348 https://www.3dmark.com/fs/22353863 https://www.3dmark.com/tsst/1
Hi. I just found out about android on pc a couple days ago. I have my dell insipron 7720 17R and Asus eee pc 1021N. After trying android x86, bliss os and i end up installed Prime OS on both my device because i couldn't unroot android x86. I mainly use them for some gacha games. Prime OS standard version works smoothly on my dell. The eee pc was stuck in a loop of restart n booting, i don't know it's the prime os classic version or i created 32GB partition ext32 fix the issue but i'm currently able to boot in my eee pc. I have a question about prime os, is it safe? Also how to fully unroot android x86? Ty

Aswitzer

As I suspected, you are using a device with older hardware. The Atom Z8300 is a few years old and is generally paired with and older, now less supported, wifi module. So I would suggest installing Android X86 CM14.1R4 and see how you fair.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the newest XM14.1R4 but it wouldn't load up so I tried your favorite CM14.1R3 and so far it is working great. If I have any issues I will be sure to come back and seek your guidance!

Thanks again for helping, very much appreciated.

I tried the newest XM14.1R4 but it wouldn't load up so I tried your favorite CM14.1R3 and so far it is working great.
That's weird I've tried R4 out and had no problems. That tablet of yours might have a very unique hardware config that causes issues in certain situations. Regardless glad you got it working well and the WiFi issue is resolved!
Thanks again for helping, very much appreciated.
You're very welcome, glad to help!

Hi. I just found out about android on pc a couple days ago. I have my dell insipron 7720 17R and Asus eee pc 1021N. After trying android x86, bliss os and i end up installed Prime OS on both my device because i couldn't unroot android x86. I mainly use them for some gacha games. Prime OS standard version works smoothly on my dell. The eee pc was stuck in a loop of restart n booting, i don't know it's the prime os classic version or i created 32GB partition ext32 fix the issue but i'm currently able to boot in my eee pc. I have a question about prime os, is it safe? Also how to fully unroot android x86? Ty
I have three questions for you.
1. Why do you want to unroot?
2. When you were installing and Setup asked of you wanted the /system to be set "read-write", did you say yes or no? (saying no would have removed root access)
3. When you say "ext32", what do you mean? Did you mean exFat or ext3? I ask because AndroidX86 should be defaulting to ext4.

As for your two systems, the 7720 will handle any version of Android you throw at it. The Asus, while still nice, is a bit old for the latest release. For that one I would recommend AndroidX86 4.4R5 for optimum performance or 7.1R4 at the newest. For either I would HIGHLY recommend an SSD. 64GB or 128GB are very inexpensive right now if money is tight for you. If not, a 512GB would give you all the space you'll need.

Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/11496348 https://www.3dmark.com/fs/22353863 https://www.3dmark.com/tsst/1
I have three questions for you.
1. Why do you want to unroot?
2. When you were installing and Setup asked of you wanted the /system to be set "read-write", did you say yes or no? (saying no would have removed root access)
3. When you say "ext32", what do you mean? Did you mean exFat or ext3? I ask because AndroidX86 should be defaulting to ext4.
1. The games i played won't run if they detect root.
2. Nice. I didn't know it's possible to remove root from installation stage.
3. My mistake, i mean ext4.
Yes i already install ssd on my laptop years ago. Not sure about the eee pc since it's so old but i would give it a try.
I sometimes play pubg mobile with my friends so in term of getting the most out of my laptop. Which version of android x86 do u think give the most performance?

Edit I run into problem after installed cm-x86-14.1-r4 , like pubg has stopped. How to get these games running?

Last edited:
The games i played won't run if they detect root.
Ah, been there. However, root is a very useful running status. You may wish to consider if you can live without the offending games.
Nice. I didn't know it's possible to remove root from installation stage.
AFAIK, there is no other way to set/unset root. I could be wrong though.
My mistake, i mean ext4.
No worries. Kinda what I figured.
Which version of android x86 do u think give the most performance?
Any of the latest versions will perform well on that 7720 you've got, so it's really up to preference as to which one you like better.
Edit I run into problem after installed cm-x86-14.1-r4 , like pubg has stopped. How to get these games running?
I've been having issues with 14.1R4 as well. Try R3 and see what happens.

Ah, been there. However, root is a very useful running status. You may wish to consider if you can live without the offending games.

AFAIK, there is no other way to set/unset root. I could be wrong though.

No worries. Kinda what I figured.

Any of the latest versions will perform well on that 7720 you've got, so it's really up to preference as to which one you like better.

I've been having issues with 14.1R4 as well. Try R3 and see what happens.
I have tried i think almost all the android x86 iso but i can't get any apps running on all of them. Do i need to install anything else besides the OS?
I found a way to unroot permanently and can also be reverted from a guy on reddit. Link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Androidx86/comments/78eiu2/_/dujampf It works on primeos, not sure about the others.

System Name dell beast
Processor dual Xeon x5675
Motherboard dell t7500
Cooling stock
Memory 48gb ecc ddr3
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7870 Myst 2gb
Storage 2tb hpe ssd
Display(s) asus 23.8" 1080p
Case t7500
Audio Device(s) XFI soundblaster
Power Supply 1200watt dell
Mouse logitech
Keyboard logitech
Software win10x64
so any better handling of power states in the latest blissos android 10? or other x86 android spins? i would like to dual boot my surface pro 3 but i never used it before because of the battery life was terrible.

I have tried i think almost all the android x86 iso but i can't get any apps running on all of them. Do i need to install anything else besides the OS?
Looks like I missed this post. I run Android X86 every day, no issues. Remind me, what system are you running it on?

so any better handling of power states in the latest blissos android 10?
Seems alright. Haven't tested Bliss extensively though. I regularly install and give new releases a run through on spare drives to see what they have to offer, but I don't do deep testing unless I want to run it as a daily driver.. Can do deeper testing if you'd like me to. I just need a link to the ISO you're interested in.

On a different topic:

I recently ran into a problem with AndroidX86 CM14.1R4 where the OS was not recognizing the Geforce GPU it was running on. CM14.1R3 ran fine and as expected. It seems that the AndroidX86 devs decided to blacklist the "Nouveau" drivers because of reported problems(none of which I can replicate) with those drivers and hardware. If any of you are running systems with Geforce GPU's and want to enable the hardware driver support, removing the blacklist entry is simple;
Install a file manager that has root abilities and navigate to " /system/etc/modules.blacklist ".
Open that file as a text document and delete the line " blacklist nouveau ".
Save the changes and reboot the system. The Android kernel will then load the Geforce drivers as normal and you will have proper resolution & hardware acceleration.
This procedure applies ONLY to the CM14.1R4 release of AndroidX86. The blacklist entry is not present in any of the other AndroidX86 releases, though future release may contain it.
I'll keep everyone updated if that happens.

Last edited:

wahyu

i have 2 desktop pc without any storage deviced installed
a G2020 + HD6570 + 4G Ram and an I3 9100F + GTX 1050ti + 8G Ram
both works fine with live mode (Bliss OS 11.11 and Ax86 9.0r2)
but after i have it installed (wheter Bliss or Ax86) it runs very slow and even froze
im using a 16GB usb 2.0 using fat32 file system
(8192mb on data.img i created during the installation process)
should i change the data.img less than 4096?

i want to run android x86 using bootable usb
thanks in advance

im using a 16GB usb 2.0 using fat32 file system
And there's your problem. USB thumb drives are notoriously slow. You need a HDD or SDD to install to, even if in a USB enclosure. Or you can get a high speed SD card with a USB adapter. Something like the following;

Hope that helps and Welcome to TPU!

wahyu

thanks for the advice
previously today i have reinstalled it with 2048mb data.img
and it still froze anyway, just wonder if using usb 3.0 will do better

is it possible to use live mode and using other usb to save data?
live mode (on a bootable usb 2.0) runs smoothly on both pc

thanks for the advice
previously today i have reinstalled it with 2048mb data.img
and it still froze anyway, just wonder if using usb 3.0 will do better
The user partition space doesn't matter if the driver itself is slow. USB3 will help, but the drive itself needs to be a good performer as well. How fast USB is will be a mute point if the drive is snail-slow..
is it possible to use live mode and using other usb to save data?
live mode (on a bootable usb 2.0) runs smoothly on both pc
Unfortunately, Live mode runs from ram. There is no way to save data in that mode.

I just discovered a new distro for AndroidX86 by the BlissOS team, LineageOS 17.1. Currently testing it and it has yet to fail any of my tests.
Caution! The first one in the list is not working(for me at least) but the second, dated 2020-08-30, is the one that works perfectly so far. Good stuff!

sisare

hi, I have successfully installed Android-x86, with several different ISO.
But then after booting, it gives me Android symbol only, and nothing else,
sometimes, after waiting for quite long time, Android symbol become blank page, with mouse only.
So, please help me, anyone know, what maybe wrong ?

Do we have to format the partition disk, with specific file type ?
Like ntfs, fat32, ext4, but I don't have that options.

Attached is the Android symbol I see after installation and booting.
Also the list of file type available for me to format the partition disk.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-dj4InRAAhLJvq2.jpg

Do we have to format the partition disk, with specific file type ?
Like ntfs, fat32, ext4, but I don't have that options.
Yes, generally, EXT4 is best. Fat32 & NTFS are supposed to work, but I've never tried them. Android is effectively Linux and thus Linux filesystems work best.

BTW, welcome to TPU!

sisare

Yes, generally, EXT4 is best. Fat32 & NTFS are supposed to work, but I've never tried them. Android is effectively Linux and thus Linux filesystems work best.

BTW, welcome to TPU!

But, as I attached in the picture above, I don't have options, to format the disk partition in EXT4, FAT32, or NTFS.
Or do you recognize any option from the list above, that means the same ? (EXT4, FAT32, NTFS)

Also I tried Bliss OS, after installation, it gives me Bliss' symbol only too, anyone know the reason ?

Screenshot_2020-12-30_23-25-35.jpg

But, as I attached in the picture above, I don't have options, to format the disk partition in EXT4, FAT32, or NTFS.
Or do you recognize any option from the list above, that means the same ? (EXT4, FAT32, NTFS)

Also I tried Bliss OS, after installation, it gives me Bliss' symbol only too, anyone know the reason ?

View attachment 181608
The boot after installation takes a while as it has to run it's first stage setup runtimes. It can take up to 10 minutes on a slower machine. That of course assumes that it will run. Bliss is mostly alpha and beta software. If it runs it's usually fairly solid, but might have a few glitches. Props for even trying it though! Most people wouldn't even bother..

sisare

The boot after installation takes a while as it has to run it's first stage setup runtimes. It can take up to 10 minutes on a slower machine. That of course assumes that it will run. Bliss is mostly alpha and beta software. If it runs it's usually fairly solid, but might have a few glitches. Props for even trying it though! Most people wouldn't even bother..
I have wait for 1-2 hours for first stage setup runtimes, before then it turned off by itself, when I turn it on, still the same process, before then it turned off again.