• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS B550-F Gaming Wi-fi

nee

Hello,

I have an Asus B550-F Gaming Wi-fi motherboard. It is showing the Q-led yellow light indicating a DRAM issue. I have tried standard procedures to fix RAM issues, but problem persists. I cannot enter the BIOS.

My setup is:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6GB

Memory specs:
DDR4
2 X 8 GB
tested latency: 16-18-18-36
tested speed: 3200
tested voltaje: 1.35V

This computer was working fine for a couple of months, suddenly cannot boot the OS or enter the BIOS, only yellow light Q-LED indicator,

If i disconnect all memory I should be able to at least get into the BIOS, right? And that would indicate a motherboard problem.

Checked without memory, with only one dimm, different combinations apart from B2. Checked memory connected correctly, also checked CPU for damaged pins or dirt, cleared the CMOS, reinstalled various versions of BIOS.

If the memory was not supported/compatible, could it have been working fine for several weeks?

Any ideas or suggestions to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Make sure that the bios flashback method is actually working properly. Unless the LED is flashing for 3-5 minutes, it hasn't flashed the new bios from the USB properly.

Edit: And also download the bios versions for "B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi)", NOT "B550-F Gaming". The latter won't work.

ahbs22

I have the exact same problem, but after updating bios, i can boot pc in dram single channel mode.
It means that if i put my two sticks of ram in the third and fourth slot it will boot but as you know, it's single channel and I'm losing 10% of performance i think.
Let me know if you find a better solution.

nee

Make sure that the bios flashback method is actually working properly. Unless the LED is flashing for 3-5 minutes, it hasn't flashed the new bios from the USB properly.

Edit: And also download the bios versions for "B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi)", NOT "B550-F Gaming". The latter won't work.
Hello PooPipeBoy,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, one time the BIOS update wasn't working because i did use the version of B550-F Gaming and the light always was green without blinking. But other times the update worked ok (as the green light were blinking and after a few minutes turned off)