• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TS 9.3 TPL panel-*very* exciting!

Looking forward to what is to come. It will be exactly what I hoped for--a per-profile TPL so one can boost performance while on AC and tune the run time while on battery. When do you expect that those features will be released?

In the change log, what does "Improved access to the Windows power plans" mean? I know Windows power plans affect the many settings that TS makes. I always wondered how the two play together, aside from overriding one another in some instances while the Windows power plan setting (TDP on battery mode, for example) cannot be overridden. Those are, at least, my observations.

Thank you.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Improved access to the Windows power plans
1614014153331.png

That is what I mean. In Windows 10, many laptops do not have access to the Windows High Performance power plan. Microsoft does a good job hiding this plan so you cannot access it in the Windows Power Options. This new ThrottleStop feature will search your computer for power plans, including the hidden plans, so you can access them if you need to. Some users also like to create their own custom Windows power plans. ThrottleStop can access those too.

The default Windows Balanced power plan is good enough for most people while other people need more control. I used to recommend using the Windows High Performance power plan when using ThrottleStop. This seemed to provide the least amount of interference between Windows and ThrottleStop. I am not sure if this is necessary any more.

When do you expect that those features will be released?
You are the first person to mention the new per profile features. I assumed that this new feature must not be that important so I have not started working on hooking it up yet. Thanks for the motivation. Maybe later this week I will get around to hooking everything up. I need to be in the right programming mood first. :)

View attachment 189521

That is what I mean. In Windows 10, many laptops do not have access to the Windows High Performance power plan. Microsoft does a good job hiding this plan so you cannot access it in the Windows Power Options. This new ThrottleStop feature will search your computer for power plans, including the hidden plans, so you can access them if you need to. Some users also like to create their own custom Windows power plans. ThrottleStop can access those too.

The default Windows Balanced power plan is good enough for most people while other people need more control. I used to recommend using the Windows High Performance power plan when using ThrottleStop. This seemed to provide the least amount of interference between Windows and ThrottleStop. I am not sure if this is necessary any more.

Thank you. I will have a look. This too, is a big upgrade for TS and will provide better performance/thermal control.

You are the first person to mention the new per profile features. I assumed that this new feature must not be that important so I have not started working on hooking it up yet. Thanks for the motivation. Maybe later this week I will get around to hooking everything up. I need to be in the right programming mood first. :)

As people understand the utility of this to-be feature upgrade, the interest will catch on. This will allow for granular power control based on battery or AC. As I mentioned before, this would allow me to throttle up the CPU when on AC and pull back when on battery. It's a big deal! I will support your efforts, as I have before ;-), when this feature becomes operational. Thanks for all your work.