• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA pretends to care about gamers

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
As mentioned above, the only way is the nuking the mining market with harsh regulations and very high taxes. But the question is how? How can state pinpoint the miner?

Now it is time for gaming laptops. My God I never think that human race would live yet another gold rush

Another way is interest rates.

Right now, money is cheap and saving it means you're bleeding cash, so reinvesting it in something that does make money is obviously nicer and this effect has been added onto the general 'uncertainty + pandemic' factors that make people run to alternative currencies. When vaccination programs allow societies to move back to 'normality' you can expect a major economic boom and possibly even major inflation numbers, the negative interest rates will be going positive, and now all of a sudden you need to pay more to get your crypto farm up and running, and you obviously don't prefer doing so from mined stuff that keeps gaining in value. And if crypto goes bust along with the rising interest rates, where will you run to? Nowhere ;) Many will likely wait for the next boom.

Already last month some negative rates on long term state obligations HALVED ... -0,549 to -0,227 and actual prices for goods are in fact on the rise as well in Netherlands.

You can expect the US to trail Europe in economic recovery. Asia is already moving there now, ahead of us.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
AMD drivers are far superior to NVIDIA at this point in time
Depends on the game. On DX11 and OpenGL they are and remain pretty garbage.

OpenGL has performance issues and actual driver bugs.

DX11 is mainly just absurd CPU overhead.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
Interesting to see such a contrasting experience. Some of it reads a bit like it comes from wanting to portray AMD in a good light rather than actual tangible experiences ("updates never break anything", hell even Nvidia drivers sometimes break), but nevertheless, respect to a different opinion.
  • I had no problems with some of the first Crimson drivers, since then there's no way it's ever been remotely comparable to Geforce stability
  • Agreed, NV control panel really needs an update if just for basic modern UI design. Also don't like Geforce Experience, kinda slow and buggy
  • Yeah uh disk errors are coming from something else you're doing wrong on your computer lul, might wanna look into that
  • Snappy? Maybe the literal button-click responsiveness and animation quality of Radeon Software, but that's where "snappy" ends......
  • "Updates never break anything" LMAO basic usability on 4650G Vega 7 broken twice by the last 2 driver versions alone, driver constantly crashing
  • Agreed, the UI in Radeon Software is miles ahead of Nvidia and easy to use......
  • ......IF Radeon Software didn't lose its sanity and crash in a spectacular way upon simply trying to change the RGB pixel format on a TV
  • "Stable if you get the right card" in what world is it okay that this is the consumer's responsibility? The fact that Vega 7 is an iGPU, caters mostly to the OEM market (which should have the utmost standards in stability), and being an iGPU involves 0 (otherwise excusable) third party fuckery from AIBs, is all the more egregious
Bad Egg of a Geforce driver? Usually involves about 5 minutes of cussing over poor performance/stuttering before I rollback to problem-free drivers. Bad Radeon driver? Yikes - and that's only if drivers stop crashing+recovering for long enough that I can actually find my way around uninstalling it.

I will say, one area where that improved UI design is NOT welcome is in the installer/uninstaller. AMD has crammed so much useless visual flair into their product installers these days that it actually gets in the way of function (had a number of times recently where the chipset driver installer couldn't complete successfully, just kept going, and going, and going).
um when i say smashing the disk i mean reading heavy
task manager says it is a NVIDIA sub process
As for updates yeah im a dumbass for saying that
Vega igpus are pretty terrible
i feel like the oems should ship a known good drivers
and not let you update unless known good
I have never seen radeon software crash (the control panels
I have used both a 580 and a 1060 6g
and imho the drivers are just so much worse for my use case

I've used a few diffrent versions of the RX580 8GB and the sound driver would crash and not recover if you switched monitors a few times on all of them even on a fresh install of windows. also resolution scaling has been a problem on every AMD GPU I've ever used starting with the ye olde HD5000 series. on nvidia cards it's usually as easy to fix as using the aspect ratio or telling the GPU to render instead of the monitor.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Cooling Hyper 212
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
I've used a few diffrent versions of the RX580 8GB and the sound driver would crash and not recover if you switched monitors a few times on all of them even on a fresh install of windows. also resolution scaling has been a problem on every AMD GPU I've ever used starting with the ye olde HD5000 series. on nvidia cards it's usually as easy to fix as using the aspect ratio or telling the GPU to render instead of the monitor.
who switches moniters every 3 seconds?
also who uses a hdmi moniter

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Um, who are you replying to? The post you quoted mentioned neither of those things. Even if it did, the card/driver should be able to handle it. Oh, and I, for one, use an HDMI monitor. Because it's a TV.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Cooling Hyper 212
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
Um, who are you replying to? The post you quoted mentioned neither of those things. Even if it did, the card/driver should be able to handle it. Oh, and I, for one, use an HDMI monitor. Because it's a TV.
wait sorry hdmi audio im replying to user112 sayig that you dont need to swap hdmi moniters constantly

System Name loon v4.0
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard asus Z590TUF+wifi
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory ballistix 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) eVga 3060 xc
Storage WD sn570 1tb(nvme) SanDisk ultra 2tb(sata)
Display(s) cheap 1080&4K 60hz
Case Roswell Stryker
Power Supply eVGA supernova 750 G6
Mouse eats cheese
Keyboard warrior!
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/21765182 https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1114767
nobody, just like nobody said they do it every 3 seconds. however myslef switch screens quite frequntly.

good luck gaming on a sweet 60" 4K TV w/o hdmi . . not to mention all my monitors have hdmi inputs.

normally when I'm traveling I have a 13inch portable monitor for use with my desktop and if I'm playing a game with friends or family members I'll connect to a larger TV. not to mention some games don't play nice with a multi-monitor setup so if the one you want to play on isn't the 1st screen your only choice is to disable the others. also I'm pretty sure the only video port on GPUs that can't transfer audio is VGA and no recent GPU I've seen has that port. the quality of audio of the sound chip on GPUs is normally better than what the average motherboard offers.