• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Cyberpunk 2077 Game Discussion

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
I'll keep an eye out for something that seems legit and start my PC game playing.
Sounds good. Personally, I'd stick to the official stores listed on gg.deals just for peace of mind. The keyshop risks are listed: https://gg.deals/page/keyshops-risks/#goto-unknown-source-of-the-key

How is cyberpunk coming along i bought it at launch and it was a REALLY buggy mess so i refuned are they mostly ironed out yet or should i wait longer
As I've mentioned throughout the thread, I never had any major game-breaking bugs, just some visual/audio glitches here and there. Still get those occasionally, but they're minor in my opinion. They're almost funny tbh. This one had me chuckling a good bit last week - wish I had snapped a screenshot:
Did come across a car frozen upended in the middle of an intersection on my way to a quest the other day. Finished the quest, drove back that same way and traffic was stopped in all four directions because the AI had no idea what to do.
Something about just casually driving along and rounding a corner to see a car frozen in the middle of a four-way intersection standing on it's front bumper like a ballerina stands on pointed toe made me laugh.

What hardware are you using? I can see trying to stretch lower-end harder further than it can go would just add displeasure to a buggy experience. My buddy had issues with his 2070 Super utilization. Couldn't get the game to use more than like 30%. Think he said he just gave up and would come back in a couple months. So I guess your mileage may vary.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Sounds good. Personally, I'd stick to the official stores listed on gg.deals just for peace of mind. The keyshop risks are listed: https://gg.deals/page/keyshops-risks/#goto-unknown-source-of-the-key

As I've mentioned throughout the thread, I never had any major game-breaking bugs, just some visual/audio glitches here and there. Still get those occasionally, but they're minor in my opinion. They're almost funny tbh. This one had me chuckling a good bit last week - wish I had snapped a screenshot:

Something about just casually driving along and rounding a corner to see a car frozen in the middle of a four-way intersection standing on it's front bumper like a ballerina stands on pointed toe made me laugh.

What hardware are you using? I can see trying to stretch lower-end harder further than it can go would just add displeasure to a buggy experience. My buddy had issues with his 2070 Super utilization. Couldn't get the game to use more than like 30%. Think he said he just gave up and would come back in a couple months. So I guess your mileage may vary.
That's pretty bad AI, even the oldest GTA games' AI would just try to drive around the obstacle.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
This is the first game I ever wrote hatemail about.... even after they gave me a refund. lol

And it was purely a gripe of design issues. Console players had worse to deal with, but bugs aside, everything from the story to gameplay was poorly done. The only things I liked were the artistic design and music (both the ambient and pop music were great). The combat is ridiculously easy. AI is too stupid to react to melee jumping around the map and chopping people up. While Tech+Ping can wipe whole areas without even moving. Only Power weapons feel "traditionally" challenging at times, but even then, you can headshot pretty quickly too (even bosses). As for the story, if someone wrote something like this in tabletop, they'd be blacklisted from ever GM'ing a game in every RPG centric circle. I don't care how cool Keanu is. Overriding player characters with the GM's pet NPCs is anathema. You might even see violence from otherwise passive, scrawny nerds if someone attempted it. Afterwards, the GM would be avoided like a guy who crapped in his pants. Which is probably what's going to happen to CDPR too.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
everything from the story to gameplay was poorly done. The only things I liked were the artistic design and music (both the ambient and pop music were great).
A bit contradictory to say everything was poorly done and then mention some things you like isn't it? :p I also really enjoyed the artistic design and the music. The artists really outdid themselves creating a captivating cyberpunk dystopia. The ending left me wanting more, but I'm starting to realize that what I find most redeeming about it is the characters. I remain staunchly supportive of the side quests and major supporting character quest lines, I think they're all well written and worth taking the time to do. Seeing V's relationships with them grow throughout the game is good stuff.

The combat is ridiculously easy. AI is too stupid to react to melee jumping around the map and chopping people up.
What difficulty were you playing on? Very hard can be challenging if you're not planning out engagements properly - you can easily get one or two-shotted. I noticed the poor AI more in terms of pedestrians and police than enemies you fought against.

While Tech+Ping can wipe whole areas without even moving.
You talking about Tech weapons killing through walls or quickhacking? I'm in the teens in terms of level on my netrunner build and it's quite fun hacking people to death. No legendary quickhacks yet so I presently can't hack people through walls, so it's a bit riskier as I usually have to be in line of sight (unless I'm hacking into cameras), and I haven't specced into any gun/melee perks. It's sucked me back in though, and I'm excited to see just how powerful this build will get later.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
A bit contradictory to say everything was poorly done and then mention some things you like isn't it? :p I also really enjoyed the artistic design and the music. The artists really outdid themselves creating a captivating cyberpunk dystopia. The ending left me wanting more, but I'm starting to realize that what I find most redeeming about it is the characters. I remain staunchly supportive of the side quests and major supporting character quest lines, I think they're all well written and worth taking the time to do. Seeing V's relationships with them grow throughout the game is good stuff.

What difficulty were you playing on? Very hard can be challenging if you're not planning out engagements properly - you can easily get one or two-shotted. I noticed the poor AI more in terms of pedestrians and police than enemies you fought against.

You talking about Tech weapons killing through walls or quickhacking? I'm in the teens in terms of level on my netrunner build and it's quite fun hacking people to death. No legendary quickhacks yet so I presently can't hack people through walls, so it's a bit riskier as I usually have to be in line of sight (unless I'm hacking into cameras), and I haven't specced into any gun/melee perks. It's sucked me back in though, and I'm excited to see just how powerful this build will get later.
Yeah, Tech weapons shoot through walls. So a simple ping will reveal where you need to pick them all off.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Yeah, Tech weapons shoot through walls. So a simple ping will reveal where you need to pick them all off.
Yeah, I'm aware, was just clarifying what you were talking about.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Yeah, I'm aware, was just clarifying what you were talking about.
Yeah, I just think they went out of their way to think mostly of casual players with all of these options. Smart Weapons, Tech Weapons+Ping, melee too quick for AI to process, etc.. I didn't play a Netrunner, but I heard they got ridiculous too.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Yeah, I just think they went out of their way to think mostly of casual players with all of these options. Smart Weapons, Tech Weapons+Ping, melee too quick for AI to process, etc.. I didn't play a Netrunner, but I heard they got ridiculous too.
I think a lot of it was just that the perk values aren't really all that balanced. I know @robot zombie has mentioned it a few times but if you start to pay attention to the numbers and how the bonuses stack, there's a lot of very viable potential builds and it's pretty obvious damage potential just skyrockets. But yeah, so far my netrunner build is pretty good, and it's only going to get better: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kcork5

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
I think a lot of it was just that the perk values aren't really all that balanced. I know @robot zombie has mentioned it a few times but if you start to pay attention to the numbers and how the bonuses stack, there's a lot of very viable potential builds and it's pretty obvious damage potential just skyrockets. But yeah, so far my netrunner build is pretty good, and it's only going to get better: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kcork5
You mentioned something earlier that I should have said though.. Some of the characters are good too, I agree. But it's all wasted potential, so it ends up pissing me off more. I get the feeling some of them were meant to be more, but the story went through rewrites and they just recycled elements. Peralez especially.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
You mentioned something earlier that I should have said though.. Some of the characters are good too, I agree. But it's all wasted potential, so it ends up pissing me off more. I get the feeling some of them were meant to be more, but the story went through rewrites and they just recycled elements. Peralez especially.
Yeah, there's definitely varying degrees of quality when it comes to the NPC side-jobs. I believe I mentioned it before as an example but...

...I found Regina's "Psycho Killer" side job very underwhelming. If I remember correctly there are 17 different cyberpsycho encounters to be had. As we just mentioned, even on the hardest difficulty, a relatively planned out build will escalate your damage potential immensely to the point that even these "mini-bosses" become relatively trivial. That's more of an issue with the balancing of the perk system and all that. But to go to the trouble of "incapacitating" all the cyberpsychos (not killing them, which it seems like happens automatically even if you're using lethal weapons), and then to receive essentially nothing of value in return left a lot to be desired in my book. I wish that had resulted in maybe some sort of penultimate job where the cyberpsychos you've allowed Regina to get into treatment and have studied reveal an underlying cause for cyberpsychosis that you're then tasked to deal with once and for all. I completely understand those encounters feeling recycled. "Go to this place, scan some things and find the psycho and take them out". Reminded me of a less immersive form of the monster contracts from the Witcher 3. At least with those, you got the contract, spoke with some NPCs and investigated what was going on, did some research to find out what kind of monster you were dealing with, and then had to apply the proper blade oil and potions to deal with them effectively. Here with the cyberpsychos you're missing all the build up. Sure, after killing them you get to the bottom of what led them to cyberpsychosis, but without that buildup beforehand, they're just sorta "meh". Really leaves a lot to be desired. I do remember there's a gig (I forget the name) where you go into a house that's been torn apart and the messages and shards around talk about a woman's sister and her dealing with meds and whatnot and going crazy and you end up fighting her in the basement - felt that gave more buildup than any of the 17 cyberpsycho enocunters to be honest.

Another underwhelming one that I believe was mentioned before is the "Send in the Clowns" job with Ozob. You literally pick him up, drive him a few hundred meters, kill a couple scrubs, and that's it. You get a unique grenade for it, and Ozob becomes somebody you can fistfight later if you're going down that questline, but it felt REALLY shallow and rushed.

Are you saying the Peralez quests felt recycled or just that you wish it was fleshed out more? I thought that was one of the more interesting ones where I didn't mind the open-endedness of it. I opted to tell Jefferson about the situation that was going on and that his wife knew. You get to hear a blurb from him during the end credits where he's all paranoid and everything. I really enjoyed the dark themes of that quest line and the questions it brought up about manipulation. Similarly enjoyed the Sinnerman questline. Your decisions don't have as much of an impact as the Peralez questline, but it's interesting story to say the least.

The major NPC questlines like Evelyn/Judy, Panam, River, Kerry, etc. didn't feel recycled or rushed to me, but that may just be my interpretation. I'm getting into a couple of them now on this second playthrough so I'll see if that sentiment remains the same.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Yeah, there's definitely varying degrees of quality when it comes to the NPC side-jobs. I believe I mentioned it before as an example but...

...I found Regina's "Psycho Killer" side job very underwhelming. If I remember correctly there are 17 different cyberpsycho encounters to be had. As we just mentioned, even on the hardest difficulty, a relatively planned out build will escalate your damage potential immensely to the point that even these "mini-bosses" become relatively trivial. That's more of an issue with the balancing of the perk system and all that. But to go to the trouble of "incapacitating" all the cyberpsychos (not killing them, which it seems like happens automatically even if you're using lethal weapons), and then to receive essentially nothing of value in return left a lot to be desired in my book. I wish that had resulted in maybe some sort of penultimate job where the cyberpsychos you've allowed Regina to get into treatment and have studied reveal an underlying cause for cyberpsychosis that you're then tasked to deal with once and for all. I completely understand those encounters feeling recycled. "Go to this place, scan some things and find the psycho and take them out". Reminded me of a less immersive form of the monster contracts from the Witcher 3. At least with those, you got the contract, spoke with some NPCs and investigated what was going on, did some research to find out what kind of monster you were dealing with, and then had to apply the proper blade oil and potions to deal with them effectively. Here with the cyberpsychos you're missing all the build up. Sure, after killing them you get to the bottom of what led them to cyberpsychosis, but without that buildup beforehand, they're just sorta "meh". Really leaves a lot to be desired. I do remember there's a gig (I forget the name) where you go into a house that's been torn apart and the messages and shards around talk about a woman's sister and her dealing with meds and whatnot and going crazy and you end up fighting her in the basement - felt that gave more buildup than any of the 17 cyberpsycho enocunters to be honest.

Another underwhelming one that I believe was mentioned before is the "Send in the Clowns" job with Ozob. You literally pick him up, drive him a few hundred meters, kill a couple scrubs, and that's it. You get a unique grenade for it, and Ozob becomes somebody you can fistfight later if you're going down that questline, but it felt REALLY shallow and rushed.

Are you saying the Peralez quests felt recycled or just that you wish it was fleshed out more? I thought that was one of the more interesting ones where I didn't mind the open-endedness of it. I opted to tell Jefferson about the situation that was going on and that his wife knew. You get to hear a blurb from him during the end credits where he's all paranoid and everything. I really enjoyed the dark themes of that quest line and the questions it brought up about manipulation. Similarly enjoyed the Sinnerman questline. Your decisions don't have as much of an impact as the Peralez questline, but it's interesting story to say the least.

The major NPC questlines like Evelyn/Judy, Panam, River, Kerry, etc. didn't feel recycled or rushed to me, but that may just be my interpretation. I'm getting into a couple of them now on this second playthrough so I'll see if that sentiment remains the same.

Cyberpsychos always seemed to drop to 1 hit point as I was onehitting them... always had a chance to keep him alive unless I chopped again.

Funny, because of all the side quests I did, this one definitely had the most challenging and surprising enemies of the game. Its strange you don't see the same degree of variation elsewhere, even. Some design went into that.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Cyberpsychos always seemed to drop to 1 hit point as I was onehitting them... always had a chance to keep him alive unless I chopped again.

Funny, because of all the side quests I did, this one definitely had the most challenging and surprising enemies of the game. Its strange you don't see the same degree of variation elsewhere, even. Some design went into that.
Yeah, after some brief research it seems it was designed so that they are only "knocked out" automatically unless you hit them again like you mentioned. Just assumed that was a bug on my end initially and that'd you have to actually use a non-lethal weapon class like blunt melee or use target analysis optics mod to render your weapons non-lethal.

Yeah, compared to the normal scrubs you come across everywhere else, the cyberpsychos are definitely much stronger. Now that I'm thinking about it I remember there being a bit more variation than I originally recalled, but there still isn't a ton. I remember two of them that used mantis blades and blinked around everywhere, two more that used the mech suit things that have the big explosive laser cannon, and I'm sure some more that were similar to each other. Maybe I just felt it got samey as that was the last side quest I finished and was doing the remaining ones all in a row. I'll pay closer attention on this playthrough.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Yeah, after some brief research it seems it was designed so that they are only "knocked out" automatically unless you hit them again like you mentioned. Just assumed that was a bug on my end initially and that'd you have to actually use a non-lethal weapon class like blunt melee or use target analysis optics mod to render your weapons non-lethal.

Yeah, compared to the normal scrubs you come across everywhere else, the cyberpsychos are definitely much stronger. Now that I'm thinking about it I remember there being a bit more variation than I originally recalled, but there still isn't a ton. I remember two of them that used mantis blades and blinked around everywhere, two more that used the mech suit things that have the big explosive laser cannon, and I'm sure some more that were similar to each other. Maybe I just felt it got samey as that was the last side quest I finished and was doing the remaining ones all in a row. I'll pay closer attention on this playthrough.
There are a few netrunners among them too. If you dont straight up chop them down, they really do show actual AI and mechanics. Its just that balance is totally screwed.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
This is the first game I ever wrote hatemail about.... even after they gave me a refund. lol

And it was purely a gripe of design issues. Console players had worse to deal with, but bugs aside, everything from the story to gameplay was poorly done. The only things I liked were the artistic design and music (both the ambient and pop music were great). The combat is ridiculously easy. AI is too stupid to react to melee jumping around the map and chopping people up. While Tech+Ping can wipe whole areas without even moving. Only Power weapons feel "traditionally" challenging at times, but even then, you can headshot pretty quickly too (even bosses). As for the story, if someone wrote something like this in tabletop, they'd be blacklisted from ever GM'ing a game in every RPG centric circle. I don't care how cool Keanu is. Overriding player characters with the GM's pet NPCs is anathema. You might even see violence from otherwise passive, scrawny nerds if someone attempted it. Afterwards, the GM would be avoided like a guy who crapped in his pants. Which is probably what's going to happen to CDPR too.
Remember, that game stopped to be an RPG mid-developement, it's an action/adventure game ;):
1614770622529.png

System Name White Shark
Processor 5600x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12A Chromax
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 12gb Asus TUF OC
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB OS / 860 EVO 500 GB /860 EVO 1TB/ Seagate 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B 3440x1440p 144hz nano-ips ultrawide
Case Phanteks P500A (White/Black)
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX focus gold 80plus
Mouse HyperX Pulsefire Haste
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins Core - Tenkeyless
Software W10
I decided to pull the trigger cuz was the Collectors Edition what i really didn’t want to lose. For the game i told myself to wait but like it came included, i installed it already and boom the reality hit me. Ultrawide support its not completely done.
advise for best settings and if theres a fix for those cut screens on hack menus and else. Anything can help guys thanx

Last edited:
System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast

Whoops, you weren't supposed to kill them?

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Whoops, you weren't supposed to kill them?
It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things really. Regina wants you to leave them alive so they can get treatment and be studied to help understand cyberpsychosis further. When you deplete their health bar, they're automatically put into the "incapacitated but not dead" state. If you hit them again after that then you kill them dead. I believe if you leave them all alive, then Regina says an additional little blurb about how much she appreciates you doing so and you get some bonus eddies.

There are a few netrunners among them too. If you dont straight up chop them down, they really do show actual AI and mechanics. Its just that balance is totally screwed.
Yeah, I remember the netrunners now that you mention it. There's the one rogue tyger claw guy that flashbangs you and then runs into a group of tyger claws so you have to deal with them too. The variability is coming back to me now. Idk, maybe I'm just disappointed about the quest reward being unspectacular. They've all been very easy as a netrunner so far. I faced the sniper guy holed up on the bridge yesterday. One iteration of the system reset quickhack and he's toast.

I decided to pull the trigger cuz was the Collectors Edition what i really didn’t want to lose. For the game i told myself to wait but like it came included, i installed it already and boom the reality hit me. Ultrawide support its not completely done.
advise for best settings and if theres a fix for those cut screens on hack menus and else. Anything can help guys thanx
A fix for what? The animation of jacking into something before you run a breach protocol on it? I haven't had any issues related to those that I recall. As for settings, I'm using the ones @Vayra86 shared way way back on page 16: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/cyberpunk-2077-game-discussion.275478/post-4411853

Looks like he has an ultrawide as well, maybe has some comments about ultrawide compatibility. I'd say you definitely want DLSS on. Should be able to get some decent frames with your 2070S, although I'm not sure how much the 7700K will limit you.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
My issue is the fact that those fights are centered around that one quest. Like maybe they didnt even need many more... just distribute them across the game. Putting them in a quest just makes them seem walled off. Which actually doesnt make sense. The only ones you see are the ones Regina tells you about. I thought tgis was supposed to be totally unmanageable... like people are going nuts and nobody knows why to the point where they arent being caught until military force comes out! Thats pretty chaotic. Why does the quest about them feel so rote? Not to mention if youre like me, you do that quest in one or two big chunks, meaning its content that gets depleted quickly.

I think they probably saw that... like for the extra time they put in to include them, it doesnt actually add much play time, so tying them to a quest and having you go around is a way to pad it out.

To me, this hits on a problem endemic to this particular style of open world. And it is one I really cant stand. It comes down to neglecting the basic sentiment that if your open world game quests need that kind of padding, your open world actually isnt good, or you dont have confidence in it. Because to me the world and the time you spent discovering IS the padding. Good world design will do that for you.

In film and play writing they say "show, dont tell." My version for that, for gaming, is "Don't direct, incentivise." Make the player want to invest in uncovering things for themselves. Theyll spend more time and more of that time will be enjoyable because as theyre playing, they get to wonder about the mysterious psychos. "Have I found them all? What kinds of places might they be? This looks like a spot theyd like...." Good placement of elements like this will guide you just enough to get you driving the experience organically.

Maybe make searching for them on my own so appealing to me that you dont need to take me to each and every psycho and stuff it all in an empty drawer of a quest till that drawer is full. The former can potentially add MORE playtime than the latter. And by the end of it the 17 or however many there were would feel like more than enough. Youd just be finding them. Maybe place them to where more intrepid players may find half of them as they hit the main beats. But at least let them discover it. Whats more exciting? Hiking over to your enemy fully prepared, or entering a place not knowing if youre gonna get jumped by some crazy person hiding out?

But like... they try so hard to make a thing of it they wind up sucking the imagination out of the experience. Instead your just running down the short list of interesting enemies. They really took the most narrow approach possible on the whole rollout for the psychos. Which is surprising to me, I feel like it wouldve actually been one of the lower effort things to get right. But maybe in a big game with such big problems it was too small to mind.

Like a lot of things I kinda wonder if that was just a placeholder and the ultimate goal was less simple and rigid. Its just a waste of a concept. I feel like you cant be able to think of it and also stop where they stopped with it. The base concept has enough versatility for a whole ass DLC. Sky is kinda the limit.

Better yet, make it an emergent event. Your NPCs barely exist... theres no permanence. Which means nothing stopping you from designating large zones where they can spawn in for random attacks. Maybe those ones are special and drop different stuff. IDK.

Just saying, they didnt have to go outta pocket to make that aspect much better. There just was no execution. Shame, too. From a writing standpoint it would be great as a plot device, passive immersion holder, and worldbuilding tool. Did they say night city would be too dangerous to walk in? Ehhhhh maybe drop in some random psychos and I might start to actually feel that. Instead the whole thing is reduced to a checklist and some points on a map. They barely made it off of the paper.

Last edited:

ixi

Just wondering. Do people from TPU play this still? :D

People which I know in life. Only one finished this game, which is pretty funny, because it shows that this is boring.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro

People which I know in life. Only one finished this game, which is pretty funny, because it shows that this is boring.
I did one playthrough as a nomad, started another one as corpo, but lost the motivation pretty fast. I'm waiting to see if there's any kind of revamp/clean-up planned to get back into the game.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III

I do. Cruising through playthrough 2 (female corpo netrunner). 180 hours logged thus far, 140 of which were for the first playthrough (male streetkid katana-wielder). Might consider a third playthrough after but will probably wait a while before then.

I hear you. My buddy was having issues with his 2070 Super utilization. Still played 88 hours according to steam, but I don't think he ever finished the story. Think he said he's waiting for some more polish before coming back to it.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro

Played it through a few times. I can jive with it on a meta level. Love the general look and atmosphere.

Not much left for me now. Ill put 3-4 hours into it occasionally. But I didnt find it boring. When its good its really good! And when its bad its a total gawk show. Im good with that. Though Id like for them to actually finish making the game at some point. :laugh:

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro

I'm playing on very hard and the only tech weapon that's cheese when using ping is the DF12 tech revolver WITH the double projectile perk (pretty much double damage), the sniper's firing rate balances it out and all the other tech weapons are nerf guns, except the Kenshin that's just straight trash.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
I actually like tech weapons as a whole. Locking some extra powers under a charge function that you have to improve is fine. The penetration at max is hilarious, but you cant even get there withou pretty substatial grinding. Theyre fun to use. Feel a little godlike. Look at situations completely differently. I keep one as a clincher right now. Best way to go toe to toe with a sniper is with a tech rifle.

The speed of charged shots is already a nerf, too. I get that if youre clever, you just find a spot where nobody can hit you and pick em off. But realistically you arent always gonna have that spot, or the time to get the charged shits to the guys behind cover while others are nailing you. Shooting through yor own cover can work. But by then youre taking too ling and getting nailed or pushing back.

Its not the fairest thing. But not as bad as actual wallhax.

Id point more to the enemy ai. They dont react to being wallhacked and every time you hit them they go defenseive and stay behind the very cover youve already proven that you can shoot through.

Biggest fault of the AI is not being matched for the combat system. They just have no clue whats comin for em by the time youre mid level. Really goes for any class. Every class is op when the enemies can barely figure out which end of the gun to hold forward.

EDIT: was gonna fix that typo but somehow I just cant do it...

Last edited:
System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
I actually like tech weapons as a whole. Locking some extra powers under a charge function that you have to improve is fine. The penetration at max is hilarious, but you cant even get there withou pretty substatial grinding.

Id point more to the enemy ai. They dont react yo being wallhacked and every time you hit them they go defenseive and stay behind the very cover youve already proven that you can shoot through.

Biggest failt of the AI is not being matched for the combat system they just have no clue whats comin forvem by the time youre mid level. Really goes for any class. Every class is op when the enemies can barely figure out which end of the gun to hold forward.
I can see it already -- CDPR to release the Intelligence Edition someday.