• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cool and quiet, be quiet! has arrived

be quiet! - Shannon

be quiet! Rep
System Name I dont name my systems
Processor Ryzen 9 3900XT
Motherboard MSI X570 Godlike
Cooling Custom Alphacool Liquid cooling
Memory 64GB Dominator RGB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600, 4TB Sabrent Rocket, 1.5TB Optane 905P AIC, 1.2TB Intel 750 AIC
Display(s) ASUS PG27UQ, ASUS XG438Q, Array of 27" 4K's for ancillary monitoring
Case Lian Li PCO11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Fnatic Gear Rush Red Silent
Hey Techpowerup, for those of you who have not seen my other thread in the chassis section. My name is Shannon, I am the marketing manager for USA and Canada at be quiet!

I wanted to start a formal thread where we can discuss be quiet! products, and hear from those of you who have used them, along with those of you who have not.

I would love to hear what features you enjoy with be quiet! cooling solutions, along with things you would like to see.

We do have many things in the works which unfortunately I cannot always share, but I will let you know if there is something you suggest that we have or are considering wherever I am able to do so.

I look forward to hearing from each of you and understanding your experiences or needs/wants for the future be quiet! cooling implements.

Hi,

Can you look into the issue with the Silent Wings 3 140 (both versions) as demonstrated in >this video<?

I have tested them as well and the "whistle" is present in both versions -- the noise is slightly louder in the high-speed one than the normal version once the fan starts spinning, and noticable across the entire RPM range.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Hi, Shannon

I use a fan hub (phanteks) to control all my fans from one PWM header, and I used to use SpeedFan program to control the fans and the curve. Sadly SpeedFan is no longer updated and doesnt play well with win10 anymore. It was so much better than anything anyone else could come up with (IMO). I'd like to find a replacement but havent run across anything I like. I think be QUIET! ( :p ) could benefit from the combination of hub and software like this.

There is also NZXT's GRID+V2 that I tried out but the software was not that good, so that fell to the wayside.

So, I'm wondering, considering be QUIET! desire for low noise, will you come up with next. I see all your fans but no controllers for them so I'm guessing they either work off the BIOS fan settings (if connected to the motherboard), or full speed if connected directly to the PSU. I prefer a 3rd party software solution, like SpeedFan, to control my fan noise.

Hi, Shannon

I use a fan hub (phanteks) to control all my fans from one PWM header, and I used to use SpeedFan program to control the fans and the curve. Sadly SpeedFan is no longer updated and doesnt play well with win10 anymore. It was so much better than anything anyone else could come up with (IMO). I'd like to find a replacement but havent run across anything I like. I think be QUIET! ( :p ) could benefit from the combination of hub and software like this.

There is also NZXT's GRID+V2 that I tried out but the software was not that good, so that fell to the wayside.

So, I'm wondering, considering be QUIET! desire for low noise, will you come up with next. I see all your fans but no controllers for them so I'm guessing they either work off the BIOS fan settings (if connected to the motherboard), or full speed if connected directly to the PSU. I prefer a 3rd party software solution, like SpeedFan, to control my fan noise.

Argus Monitor is absolutely fantastic. Recommend!

Processor Intel i5 12600K
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2x8GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3070Ti
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Phantek P600S/ Corsair ML140 Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX 750W
Mouse Razer Deathadder V2 Mini
Keyboard Razer Huntsman
Software Windows 11 x64
I had a be quiet! case a few years ago, I was pretty happy with it. Be quiet! still ranks high when considering a cooling product for me.

One feature that made me choose my current case over a be quiet! case was the fact that the fan control is on the front I/O. It's a personal preference but I prefer to have an internal PCB that connects to the motherboard to choose the fan curve. Fan control has come a long way and BIOS fan control works great! In the end I find this solution more stealth, clean in terms of aesthetics but I can imagine less tech savy users prefer the fan control knob in the front IO.

Nice to see this kind action from a brand!

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sorry to put a negative comment on here.

I know you're one of the top brands, but with the brand name of be quiet! I find that I can't take your products as seriously as I'd like to. I get it's only a branding issue and doesn't affect the physical quality of what you make, but, in my opinion, I think a more serious sounding name like the other big brands would help and possibly increase your sales. And especially no exclamation mark in any new name, it just looks stupid to me. I get I'm only one customer, but if I think it, you can be sure that there are many others who do too. It might be worth your company doing some surveys to see if a change of brand name would help you.

I see this kind of thing with lots of other companies too, such as airlines and I think, gawd no. Just my two cents.

Otherwise, great to have you on here, supporting your customers. :)

I know you're one of the top brands, but with the brand name of be quiet! I find that I can't take your products as seriously as I'd like to. I get it's only a branding issue and doesn't affect the physical quality of what you make, but, in my opinion, I think a more serious sounding name like the other big brands would help and possibly increase your sales. And especially no exclamation mark in any new name, it just looks stupid to me. I get I'm only one customer, but if I think it, you can be sure that there are many others who do too. It might be worth your company doing some surveys to see if a change of brand name would help you.

I see this kind of thing with lots of other companies too, such as airlines and I think, gawd no. Just my two cents.

I totally get your view; I had similar thoughts when I was introduced to their brand. Personally, I've come to like the branding actually -- the name stands out from the rest and the color scheme looks sleek and professional. It would be great to see performance in terms of airflow and thermals (case/fans) on par with or even beat competition while having the absolute edge of performing exceptionally silent. As of now, I would say their standing exclusively leans toward the latter.

System Name The Nomad
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B550M Phantom Gaming ITX
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240
Memory 2x8GB Patriot 4400MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 Evoke OC w/ Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV
Storage 1TB A-Data SX8200Pro, 4TB WD Blue HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q 27"
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) Epos H6 Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G815
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Hi, Shannon

Give this a try.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I totally get your view; I had similar thoughts when I was introduced to their brand. Personally, I've come to like the branding actually -- the name stands out from the rest and the color scheme looks sleek and professional. It would be great to see performance in terms of airflow and thermals (case/fans) on par with or even beat competition while having the absolute edge of performing exceptionally silent. As of now, I would say their standing exclusively leans toward the latter.
Yeah, it's just my PITA opinion. :p Definitely no right or wrong here.

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Give this a try.

tried it, didnt work, didnt like it.

Argus Monitor is absolutely fantastic. Recommend!
yea, hell no. The yearly license gets a big F-That.

I picked up a new Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 power supply a few weeks ago and I like it a lot. Also have had a couple of Silent Wings 3 120mm fans installed for a few months which do a great job at silently pulling air into the system.

I always look favorably on products that don't cut corners in the quality of the unseen components. Using a power supply as an example, I would rather pay extra to have peace of mind that it's going to last a good 10 to 15 years at least. So even though the power supply fan could be a cost-cutting area, it's great that they put a Silent Wings 3 fan in there that won't fail any time soon. Simplifying the design to reduce possible points of failure is a good thing. I heard that the soldering on some power supplies is sloppy but I checked the one I got and it seemed fine.

Oh yeah, and the complete lack of RGB.....don't change that :laugh:

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro

The thing is, the brand has been around for a long time already, and quality as already became a part of the brand strentgh. Changing name at this point will just make people say : "xxx ? no they are not newcomers, it's bequiet, you can trust them. " The new name will live in the shadow of the old one.

Changing a brand visual identy is already a risky move, chaging the whole brand name should only happen if the old one is associated with failure, or if you are doing a big shift in business were you don't want/need the legacy that comes with the old name.

Look at what happened with massdrop when they became drop. Type drop in a search engine, dropbox is the first thing that will show. Drop doesn't even appear on the first page. Type "massdrop" and drop will be the top result. The new name got no presence at all. Someone who heard about drop will have a hard time to find them without a direct link. The old name is still carrying the company.

(Besides it's not like bequiet products looks like toys or racing car like so many other very popular computers brands ;) . Their design, packaging are really understated compared to many of the industry big names.)

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H

be quiet! - Shannon

be quiet! Rep
Processor Ryzen 9 3900XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600, 4TB Sabrent Rocket, 1.5TB Optane 905P AIC, 1.2TB Intel 750 AIC
Mouse Logitech G502
Hi,

Can you look into the issue with the Silent Wings 3 140 (both versions) as demonstrated in >this video<?

I have tested them as well and the "whistle" is present in both versions -- the noise is slightly louder in the high-speed one than the normal version once the fan starts spinning, and noticable across the entire RPM range.

That's an interesting video, and could be a strange issue, but it also could be how the fan interacts with the medium it is being pushed through such as being set atop a roll of tape and blowing onto a solid surface which causes backpressure or air baffling. this is a mere guess as I have no more statistical data to pull from on this specific case.

However, I would note that I have 10X Silent Wings 3 (High-speed PWM) in my main rig sitting next to me and I do not hear any abhorrent noise from them yet. Three are on a 60mm thick Alphacool 360mm radiator (exhaust) while the rest are chassis fan inlet/outlet.

Hi, Shannon

This is not out of the question, and a cool idea, However adding another software to the mix can get messy as all it takes is for a few devices/SW to try to talk through SMBus and conflicts start to mount. Then we have the polling rate at which it operates and how many compute cycles will it use. Not saying we won't do this, but it's something that takes some thought to do right.

I had a be quiet! case a few years ago, I was pretty happy with it. Be quiet! still ranks high when considering a cooling product for me.

One feature that made me choose my current case over a be quiet! case was the fact that the fan control is on the front I/O. It's a personal preference but I prefer to have an internal PCB that connects to the motherboard to choose the fan curve. Fan control has come a long way and BIOS fan control works great! In the end I find this solution more stealth, clean in terms of aesthetics but I can imagine less tech savy users prefer the fan control knob in the front IO.

Nice to see this kind action from a brand!

Hey, that's awesome, and thank you, however, I would like to let you know that we do offer some chassis models with fan controllers on the front. A good example of this would be the Dark Base Pro 900 which can control the fans via a slider or push full over will allow the passthrough of motherboard PWM.

No worries and no apologies necessary. Everyone has their opinion and I can definitely understand yours. I also understand cultural and regional differences in speech and how things are represented in other regions. That being said there are many brands from other countries that may seem foreign or strange compared to more pointed descriptors used by companies created in other areas. I find that the name has presented challenges, especially in terms of branding continuity as everyone tends to want to capitalize our name when it does not apply, or remove the exclamation point (the struggles of managing a brand are real) but I digress.

Changing a brand ID is not just a flip of a switch; there is so much more to a brand than just the name. The vested understanding by your customers of the quality and performance you have a trend of offering can all be destroyed in the swipe of a pen making such broad changes. Also While the name could be anything really, it is the cornerstone for which the company was founded, and the overarching mission statement to make great performing PC components that are also designed to decrease the noise coming from the same system.

We're getting better, please meet my good friends, the Pure Base 500DX, and the Silent Base 802. :)

Yeah, it's just my PITA opinion. :p Definitely no right or wrong here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I can definitely see where you are coming from. However keep in mind that the inception/creation of the company is in Germany and there are likely some differences in brand representation between the USA and Europe that I will not pretend to know well enough to explain.

I picked up a new Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 power supply a few weeks ago and I like it a lot. Also have had a couple of Silent Wings 3 120mm fans installed for a few months which do a great job at silently pulling air into the system.

I always look favorably on products that don't cut corners in the quality of the unseen components. Using a power supply as an example, I would rather pay extra to have peace of mind that it's going to last a good 10 to 15 years at least. So even though the power supply fan could be a cost-cutting area, it's great that they put a Silent Wings 3 fan in there that won't fail any time soon. Simplifying the design to reduce possible points of failure is a good thing. I heard that the soldering on some power supplies is sloppy but I checked the one I got and it seemed fine.

Oh yeah, and the complete lack of RGB.....don't change that :laugh:

I'm happy to hear that and am definitely happy to hear someone say they would happily pay for a quality PSU, as so many seem to forget this when building a new awesome rig.

The no RGB thing is what we do, but we have started a small venture into it, although thus far it has been more subdued and targeted aesthetic.

Then again I come from the era when case lighting first started with cold cathodes, UV reactive rolled/sleeved IDE cables, and let us not forget UV active motherboard like the DFI LP series. (RIP)... Then suddenly LED.

The general timeline after the introduction of consumer RGB LEDs went as follows: (This is only my view and somewhat in jest)
  1. No RGB is my game baby :cool:
  2. Ok, maybe a Lil RGB...
  3. Dear god... too much, let's go back!!!
  4. Lets try this RGB thing again
  5. Let's RGB all the things!!!
  6. RGB... Mousepad?...
  7. RGB on the monitor... <--- We are here
  8. RGB on the ********
Who knows what will be RGB next, but I'm sure we will know soon.

The thing is, the brand has been around for a long time already, and quality as already became a part of the brand strentgh. Changing name at this point will just make people say : "xxx ? no they are not newcomers, it's bequiet, you can trust them. " The new name will live in the shadow of the old one.

Changing a brand visual identy is already a risky move, chaging the whole brand name should only happen if the old one is associated with failure, or if you are doing a big shift in business were you don't want/need the legacy that comes with the old name.

Look at what happened with massdrop when they became drop. Type drop in a search engine, dropbox is the first thing that will show. Drop doesn't even appear on the first page. Type "massdrop" and drop will be the top result. The new name got no presence at all. Someone who heard about drop will have a hard time to find them without a direct link. The old name is still carrying the company.

(Besides it's not like bequiet products looks like toys or racing car like so many other very popular computers brands ;) . Their design, packaging are really understated compared to many of the industry big names.)

Being a branding guy I feel this in my soul. Very few people understand the complexity in brand creation, brand management, and strategic pivots from this. While I appreciate every bit of feedback, sometimes there is simply no way to accommodate such a change in a realistic way while keeping the brand identity and long-standing trend of commitment to quality that be quiet! has accomplished.

OCZ comes to mind.
OUCH!!! is this too soon? I know its been a while but still hurts as I have fond memories of some great DDR2 from OCZ, and by that same token several not so great experience with SSDs..

Thank you for taking the time to reply. However, I have both versions next to me right now, and they both produce this very apparant "coil whine"/"whistle" from not spinning at all, to their minimum % through PWM. Regardless of RPM, the whistle is present, regardless of what medium the air pushes through. No filter open air, filter, laying on the table, sitting -- they both produce the very noticable coil whine.

be quiet! - Shannon

be quiet! Rep
Processor Ryzen 9 3900XT
Mouse Logitech G502
Thank you for taking the time to reply. However, I have both versions next to me right now, and they both produce this very apparant "coil whine"/"whistle" from not spinning at all, to their minimum % through PWM. Regardless of RPM, the whistle is present, regardless of what medium the air pushes through. No filter open air, filter, laying on the table, sitting -- they both produce the very noticable coil whine.
Can you PM me some details on your location and whatnot?

I would like to see how we can check these out, as this, I can guarantee you is in no way normal or common in any way.

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
The general timeline after the introduction of consumer RGB LEDs went as follows: (This is only my view and somewhat in jest)
  6. RGB... Mousepad?...
  8. RGB on the ********
the really simple answer here is #sayNO2RGB

This is not out of the question, and a cool idea, However adding another software to the mix can get messy as all it takes is for a few devices/SW to try to talk through SMBus and conflicts start to mount. Then we have the polling rate at which it operates and how many compute cycles will it use. Not saying we won't do this, but it's something that takes some thought to do right.
SpeedFan worked very well until the 1902 windows build ( maybe the one before that?), which I think is when it started to have conflicts with SMBus. The website has some detailed information, if you can decypher where its at there.

Last edited:
I'm happy to hear that and am definitely happy to hear someone say they would happily pay for a quality PSU, as so many seem to forget this when building a new awesome rig.

The no RGB thing is what we do, but we have started a small venture into it, although thus far it has been more subdued and targeted aesthetic.

Then again I come from the era when case lighting first started with cold cathodes, UV reactive rolled/sleeved IDE cables, and let us not forget UV active motherboard like the DFI LP series. (RIP)... Then suddenly LED.

6. RGB... Mousepad?...
  8. RGB on the ********

Oh man, PC lighting has come a looooong way since those days of the cold cathodes. I recall having blue cathodes about 10 years ago that I paid a good $20 for and they only lasted a couple of months. Very bulky and dull. Maybe that fostered my general hatred of PC lighting lol But now you can buy LED strips for $2 that can actually last for years, it's remarkable the difference.

Being a branding guy I feel this in my soul. Very few people understand the complexity in brand creation, brand management, and strategic pivots from this. While I appreciate every bit of feedback, sometimes there is simply no way to accommodate such a change in a realistic way while keeping the brand identity and long-standing trend of commitment to quality that be quiet! has accomplished.

Mindshare takes many years to develop and it would be a waste to abandon it. The "!" in the name helps differentiate the brand from others anyway, so it's not a bad thing.

be quiet! - Shannon

be quiet! Rep
Processor Ryzen 9 3900XT
Mouse Logitech G502
the really simple answer here is #sayNO2RGB

SpeedFan worked very well until the 1902 windows build ( maybe the one before that?), which I think is when it started to have conflicts with SMBus. The website has some detailed information, if you can decypher where its at there.

I mean, it is likely possible someone could hack something together to make it work, but at our present juncture, I just dont think its in the cards, if I'm being dead honest with you. Also LOL on the hashtag :roll: .

Oh man, PC lighting has come a looooong way since those days of the cold cathodes. I recall having blue cathodes about 10 years ago that I paid a good $20 for and they only lasted a couple of months. Very bulky and dull. Maybe that fostered my general hatred of PC lighting lol But now you can buy LED strips for $2 that can actually last for years, it's remarkable the difference.

Mindshare takes many years to develop and it would be a waste to abandon it. The "!" in the name helps differentiate the brand from others anyway, so it's not a bad thing.
Cathodes were legit when they existed, but then again that may be rose-tinted glasses due to the whole nostalgia factor. It's quite funny to look back on occasion at some of the things we thought were cool that would cause retina-searing pain nowadays. I remember when there was no such thing as cable management in a chassis or even such a thing as a modular PSU. Let us not forget when everything was a pancake cooler, so cases had side panel fans with a funnel to feed air directly into the CPU cooler.

Oh and all cases used like 80-92mm fans, and maybe two of them if you were lucky. They all plugged in with 4-pin PATA connectors and were LOUD, and died quickly.

Processor Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard B550M Steel Legend
Cooling XPX (custom loop)
Memory 32GB 3200MHz cl16
Video Card(s) 3080 with Bykski block (custom loop)
Storage 980 Pro
Case Fractal 804
Power Supply Focus Plus Gold 750FX
Mouse G603
Keyboard G610 brown
Software yes, lots!
tried it, didnt work, didnt like it.

yea, hell no. The yearly license gets a big F-That.
This is not a year licence. You can use the software forever after purchasing it.
For 10.90€ you will get one year of updates and for 22.90€ you will get three years of updates, but no matter what, you are explicitly allowed to keep on using the software after the one or three year update period!

And you will only need updates when you get a new mainboard, that has a newer chipset for example.

6. RGB... Mousepad?...
  8. RGB on the ********
The RGB Headsets crack me up ... the user can't even see them .... they'd be great for the guys on the groundnwho help direct planes to their gates.

Hi,

I have (3) of those hubs installed connected to a Z87 board, What MoBo do you have ? Z87 was abit of a half way point .... It was intended that all fan headers be PWM, even the manuals said so. But for whatever reason, it was not in the final board release and we woundup w/ PWM CPU fan headers but the 4pim CHA headers were all DCV not PWM (Source Assus, MSI and Gigabyte)

Channel 0: CPU Header and CPU_Opt ==> Duak Pump
Channel 1: CHA 1 ==> Phantex Hub ==> (6) Phanteks SP-140s on 420 rad
Channel 2: CHA 1 ==> Phantex Hub ==> (4) Phanteks SP-140s on 280 rad
Channel 3: CHA 1 ==> Phantex Hub ==> (6) Phanteks SP-140s Case fans

When using DCV, you can't use the auxillary power cable.... because the constant 12V power will over ride the SCV signal from the headers. That build is 7 years old and today of course, all headers are usually PWM. Take the Noctua fans off a Noctua cooler and at the same rpm, the temps drop 6.3C. I have tested the Silent Wing 3's on that box and they produced almost the same temp / rpm curve as the Phanteks. Resting was done with:

(2) Water temperature sensors on inlet and outlet of 420 rad
(2) Water temperature sensors on inlet and outlet of 280 rad
(2) Air temperature sensors for ambient and inside case air
(1) Reeven 6 Eyes (6) channel digital temperature display

The speed of the double pump % and testing repeated, Ditto for 70, 80, 90 and 100%. On average, the results pretty much evened out. Phanteks did a little better at the lower range, SWs at the higher. If I let the fan speed be governed by CPU temps, fan rpm when gaming never breaks 625-650 at which point the system is dead silence ... under stress testing (RoG Real Bench / Furmark) , fan speed climbs to 825ish while pump speed just breaks 60%.

So what I am getting at here is ... have you tried the MoBo manufacturer's own fan control utility ? If not, should be worth the effort.

For Shannon:

All in all ..... the decision for me comes down to fan cost and with 16 fans that's significant. Seven years ago, could routinely buy the Phanteks for $10,95 ... to day rarely see then discounted from $14.99 ... with the Silent Wing 3's, it's $22.90 ... Pure Wings are less expensive than Phanteks.

So if building in a Phanteks case, which often comes with a hub and 3-5 fans, Id have to stick w/ Phanteks. if building in a BeQuiet case w/ SW3s, and not using a hub, people would probably wanna stick with the Silent Wings 3 . I know that many cases now come with the less expensive Pure Wings,... if ya would like me to test the non PWM 140s on the same box, would be glad to send you back the fans and the test results. Send me a PM on the forum if interested

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
For 10.90€ you will get one year of updates
The way I see it, there is no difference there, you still have to pay for something. I ain't playing that game no more, I did with A/V software in the past, but this program is just not worth it, even for a single use on a PC.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Hey Techpowerup, for those of you who have not seen my other thread in the chassis section. My name is Shannon, I am the marketing manager for USA and Canada at be quiet!

I wanted to start a formal thread where we can discuss be quiet! products, and hear from those of you who have used them, along with those of you who have not.

I would love to hear what features you enjoy with be quiet! cooling solutions, along with things you would like to see.

We do have many things in the works which unfortunately I cannot always share, but I will let you know if there is something you suggest that we have or are considering wherever I am able to do so.

I look forward to hearing from each of you and understanding your experiences or needs/wants for the future be quiet! cooling implements.

please never name any of your products 'cool n quiet' I seriously thought this might be a new product thread, and I was about to say how confusing it will be now that I am just starting to forget AMD BIOS feature "cool n quiet"... ugh unique naming people! Like Kingston Ghost Tree nvme drive that is coming out soon, do you want to know why I am buying that nvme drive instead of the other gen4 nvme's? because that name sounds awesome as crap lol

:roll:

be quiet! - Shannon

be quiet! Rep
Processor Ryzen 9 3900XT
Mouse Logitech G502
please never name any of your products 'cool n quiet' I seriously thought this might be a new product thread, and I was about to say how confusing it will be now that I am just starting to forget AMD BIOS feature "cool n quiet"... ugh unique naming people! Like Kingston Ghost Tree nvme drive that is coming out soon, do you want to know why I am buying that nvme drive instead of the other gen4 nvme's? because that name sounds awesome as crap lol

:roll:
LOL, we won't, I hope... I don't wanna say it will never happen, but I will be strongly against it if it ever came up.

I remember the "cool n quiet" back when BIOS was BIOS and not the new UEFI solutions.

be quiet! - Shannon

be quiet! Rep
Processor Ryzen 9 3900XT
Mouse Logitech G502
For those who have not seen, the first reviews of the new be quiet! silent Loop 2 has started to roll out, first up is Guru3D. While I know some in the USA are disappointed that we cannot have the RGB goodness of the Silent Loop 2, just remember we also have the Pure Loop available and are constantly working on new exciting solutions to not only keep your rig cool but as quiet as possible.