• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

I followed the methods in installation and tried installing from 2.88 - 2.9 but for some reason DaxService does not seem to install at all :/
Anyone got any suggestions on what I should do? I installed the prereq dependencies as before as well
I have the same issue. APO Driver installs but DaxService won't run or work after you apply the config and put the preset in the folder.

This is a legacy issue that @alanfox2000 fails to care or fix.

danial.aw

I have the same issue. APO Driver installs but DaxService won't run or work after you apply the config and put the preset in the folder.

This is a legacy issue that @alanfox2000 fails to care or fix.
Its not even that it wont run for me.

It wont install it correctly :/ I went to the Programfiles/Common/ to see if Dolby folder was there but there wasn't. I installed it using admin rights with windows defender disabled as well to make sure it wasn't being blocked

Neither was a service for Dax created at all.... as such not even sure what specifically my issue is :/.

Its not even that it wont run for me.

It wont install it correctly :/ I went to the Programfiles/Common/ to see if Dolby folder was there but there wasn't. I installed it using admin rights with windows defender disabled as well to make sure it wasn't being blocked

Neither was a service for Dax created at all.... as such not even sure what specifically my issue is :/.
Dolby folder doesn't install in program files. It installs in Program Data folder. You have show hidden files in file explorer view tab

IATMG

Hello! I've tried installing this from https://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/04/realtek-apo-driver.html (which takes you to a weird page with a password and a link, which takes you to a google doc with mediafire/mega links for each version), but the installer keeps stopping due to a 'virus'. I assume it's legit software since they are a verified publisher when the UAC pops up and so many people use it, but is that Defender or is their stuff infected or can I just turn Defender off for the install/config, then turn it back on? Any help would be great. Being without mobo 5.1 optical audio out on my 3090/5950x/Godlike has been killing me! Thank you!

IATMG

Hello! I've tried installing this from https://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/04/realtek-apo-driver.html (which takes you to a weird page with a password and a link, which takes you to a google doc with mediafire/mega links for each version), but the installer keeps stopping due to a 'virus'. I assume it's legit software since they are a verified publisher when the UAC pops up and so many people use it, but is that Defender or is their stuff infected or can I just turn Defender off for the install/config, then turn it back on? Any help would be great. Being without mobo 5.1 optical audio out on my 3090/5950x/Godlike has been killing me! Thank you!
Edit: Turned off Defender (not Defender Firewall), tried again, it installed. Modified my optical audio, tested with multiple games, and the Dolby D is back! Gods I missed 5.1!

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
You were trying to install dolby atmos with APO 2.9.0?
Poster said about Dolby Digital.
I doubt the poster was trying to load Atmos.

Do you know/have the last version of Dolby Atmos known to still work?

oldpainless

Thanks Jayce for posting this - I now have it working at last. I now have Atmos Gaming on my AMD HDMI output.

Could anyone here in the community share a good quality 7.1 default.xml please? I have a Onkyo TX-RZ800 paired with a Mission M series 7.1 setup, and whilst it sounds amazing, it's like the LFE (sub) channel is missing.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

K

UPDATE - all sorted now, but would still be great to compare others settings.

I take that it sends PCM to the amp is correct?

Last edited:
Thanks Jayce for posting this - I now have it working at last. I now have Atmos Gaming on my AMD HDMI output.

Could anyone here in the community share a good quality 7.1 default.xml please? I have a Onkyo TX-RZ800 paired with a Mission M series 7.1 setup, and whilst it sounds amazing, it's like the LFE (sub) channel is missing.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

K

UPDATE - all sorted now, but would still be great to compare others settings.

I take that it sends PCM to the amp is correct?
And your using APO Driver 2.9.0?

oldpainless

Sorry if it this is an easy fix, but is there an option in the default (gaming) xml to upmix stereo sources?

I have <surround-decoder-enable value="1"/> in the default.xml, but some sources remain 2 channel only.

Thanks in advance.

K

Update - not sure modes/effects are working/not reading my default.xml. The header inside my default.xml reads
<xml_version value="3.2.0"/>
<dtt_version value="3.1.5"/>

I have installed APO_Driver_2.7.7, applied gaming 3.2.0 xml.

In C:\ProgramData\Dolby\DAX3 is my default.xml.

In C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc I have the same default.xml, along with DolbyDspVlldp.dll, CaptureStreamMonitor.dll, DAX3API.exe, Default_settings.xml.

Dolby Atmos Gaming works in a far as if I switch it off, it sounds flat and quiet, so thats working, but it does not change the sound with different profiles.

Have I missed anything?

K

Last edited:

oldpainless

Update to the above post

I made a change in app, and it updated Runtime.xml in C:\ProgramData\Dolby\DAX3, so the app is working I guess, it just does not seem to be reading the default.xml (speaker settings etc etc).

Any helps?

K

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Update to the above post

I made a change in app, and it updated Runtime.xml in C:\ProgramData\Dolby\DAX3, so the app is working I guess, it just does not seem to be reading the default.xml (speaker settings etc etc).

Any helps?

K
Some games, and chromium based browsers, screw with Dolby upscaling by sending to the system mixer a 5.1 signal where the additional channels are just silence.
Dolby will upmix only true two channel signal.

You will require usage of virtual audio cable to be able to upmix such sources. but using that in games can be messy, as you can increase audio latency.

oldpainless

Ok, thanks for the insight.

I don't game, and for me it's about the best quality for HTPC (using LAV, Madvr and Kodi Dsplayer) in terms of audio.

My amp is an Onkyo TX-RZ800, paired with a 7.1 Mission M Series speaker setup over AMD HDMI.

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
Please someone help! I have an Asus Tuf mainboard which already has DTS custom (let's say a crippled dts version). How can I install DTS Ultra?

System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
Is there way I can still use APO Driver with My Dolby Atmos Soundbar?

Voice is low without the APO Driver audio enhancer.(I know I can increase volume on the center on Soundbar but I was trying to use default settings) would I have to use Dolby Hometheater or Dolby Atmos speaker system?

I have used HDMI with APO Driver and it has worked 95% of the time I had tried it. Using 3rd effects.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Please someone help! I have an Asus Tuf mainboard which already has DTS custom (let's say a crippled dts version). How can I install DTS Ultra?

what kind of Asus TUF motherboard do you have, mclaren85? Run Speccy or HWInfo to gather more specs of your mainboard, especially motherboard model.

DTS Custom uses DTS APO3x files with no restrictions
DTS Ultra uses DTS APO4x files on certain/select systems (hardware dependent, uses certain "license" files created by DTS themselves and will not run on unsupported systems)

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
Hey, thanks for your interest. My mobo model is Asus Tuf x570 plus wifi .

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    23.2 KB · Views: 94
Does anyone have DTS Sound Unbound 1.3.3 APPX - or any version from 2018 / 2019?

I've searched for it all over the web, @alanfox2000 had a MEGA.nz link that's down :/

Bless :love:

I only have the one that works with my driver, I can now confirm it works on almost all ALC's. I would be interested if there is a positive difference between the two app versions.
DTS Sound Unbound is basically a spatial engine, and the rest of its features are for analogue, stereo, it has no use for SPDIF/HDMI and multichannel.

Id be interested in Virtual:X, but I don't think there is an app for it, it seems to be receiver technology.