• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Cyberpunk 2077 Game Discussion

ixi

I did one playthrough as a nomad, started another one as corpo, but lost the motivation pretty fast. I'm waiting to see if there's any kind of revamp/clean-up planned to get back into the game.

Well, for the company reputation they must do it, it is a must! Otherwise they are full sellouts since cb2077 launch. Worde than EA.

I do. Cruising through playthrough 2 (female corpo netrunner). 180 hours logged thus far, 140 of which were for the first playthrough (male streetkid katana-wielder). Might consider a third playthrough after but will probably wait a while before then.

I hear you. My buddy was having issues with his 2070 Super utilization. Still played 88 hours according to steam, but I don't think he ever finished the story. Think he said he's waiting for some more polish before coming back to it.

Played this game around 3 hours at friends place. The one who completed this game. He did manage to grab rtx 3070 for 640 euro, which is kinda "okey" price. Even at that they did go for 900 euro altready, lucky bastard. But glad that he managed to grab that gpu. Visually the game in some places looks good, but in other locations it looks bad. He was playing on 2k resolution with dlss to 4k.

Asked him if he will replay this game. In which he answered. " if they gonna fix those bugs and add "thinking NPC/AI) then probably.

Played it through a few times. I can jive with it on a meta level. Love the general look and atmosphere.

Not much left for me now. Ill put 3-4 hours into it occasionally. But I didnt find it boring. When its good its really good! And when its bad its a total gawk show. Im good with that. Though Id like for them to actually finish making the game at some point. :laugh:

Agree with you that this game has in some places good quality/vizualiton. Don't know why, but I compare this game to GTA V. I'm personally GTA series fan. Can't think of anything that is better in CB2077 against gta v. In my eyes cb2077 falls hard behind in everything comparing to GTA V and this game is 7 or 8 years old... pC version 5 years old or 6.

I can see it already -- CDPR to release the Intelligence Edition someday.

I hope so. When I'll be able to buy gpu and amd 5xxx series cpu at their real prices. Will complete finally my new pc. Been without pc for 7 months already... And if game will cost around 10-15 euros, will buy it. And try it my self. But I doubt that I'll have the patience to play it through.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
In film and play writing they say "show, dont tell."

This really hits the whole map-marker and quest marker theme park problem on the head. It feels directed, and the gameplay does not feel emergent if you're checking off boxes like that. Cyberpunk has that problem. Definitely, and its worse because the markers are all the game has.

Its weird they do it like that. Not like dozens of other open world games haven't found better ways around it...

Another aspect of the show don't tell principle is the utterly mind-numbing and virtually endless stream of voice and text logs in games. Can you please be more lazy telling a story? I've never understood that. Sure, some books with lore in TES. Yes. But everyone dropping audio logs and diaries around like bird poop? WTF

I remember The Division 1 very well. It suffered from all of these problems... and yet.... still managed to give some of them a good twist, with mini games in them. They tried that in Cyberpunk with those braindances, but that really falls flat so fast. Another concept they barely got into I feel.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
This really hits the whole map-marker and quest marker theme park problem on the head. It feels directed, and the gameplay does not feel emergent if you're checking off boxes like that. Cyberpunk has that problem. Definitely, and its worse because the markers are all the game has.

Its weird they do it like that. Not like dozens of other open world games haven't found better ways around it...

Another aspect of the show don't tell principle is the utterly mind-numbing and virtually endless stream of voice and text logs in games. Can you please be more lazy telling a story? I've never understood that. Sure, some books with lore in TES. Yes. But everyone dropping audio logs and diaries around like bird poop? WTF

I remember The Division 1 very well. It suffered from all of these problems... and yet.... still managed to give some of them a good twist, with mini games in them. They tried that in Cyberpunk with those braindances, but that really falls flat so fast. Another concept they barely got into I feel.
I found the recordings nice at first to get some world building, but the sheer amount of them became dettering and rhytm breaking pretty fast. It doesn't help that many of them are duplicated and really really too long.

Metroid prime did it better, by analyzing computers, some part of the envirronement, you could get a bigger picture of the mystery behind what happened to the planet. The text stayed short, It felt like something you earned, rather than something that you were forced to collect.

In Bioshock you could at least listen to the audio recording while you were doing something else.

The last thing that you want to implement in a video game are looong session of watching/reading stuff. It's one of the things that I don't really enjoy about Control as well.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
mind-numbing and virtually endless stream of voice and text logs in games
Am I just completely blanking on there being voice recordings in CP? All I can think of when I wrack my brain is the endless amount of useless gold shard icons. About the only ones I'll ever read are the "archived conversations" that clue you in to what happened at a cyberpsycho attack/assault crime scene.

It's one of the things that I don't really enjoy about Control as well.
I actually didn't mind the video logs in Control. I found it pretty cool that they were live action. Really fit well with the whole scientist observation logs and employee training/information videos.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]

What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]​

March 19, 2021
Welcome to this special report of N54 News, bringing news from Night City to every Night Citizen stranded away from home! Stay with us if you'd like to learn more about some of the upcoming changes. I’m Gillean Jordan, and here’s what’s new in Night City:

NCPD Quick Response Team too quick?
You heard right! The NCPD Quick Response Team is under fire from concerned Night Citizens and corporations alike. The rapid deployment tactics they recently adopted forced mercenaries to think twice before pointing a gun at anyone, but will now be adjusted to give the other side some breathing room.

What was supposed to make Night Citizens feel safe on the streets resulted in a staggering drop of public trust towards NCPD officers.
My choom, Jake, was in a shoot-out with Tyger Claws the other day, when he missed a shot and hit a pedestrian on the other side of the street. In an instant, the NCPD swarmed up on him and put him down. It’s like they appeared out of thin air right behind his back! It’s too brutal of a response for a regular accidental murder if you ask me!” — Mike from Kabuki, 28.

Aside from upsetting the local community, the NCPD's effectiveness resulted in a tremor in the corporate security market.
Personal security in Night City has always been our priority. The recent spike in NCPD efficiency might seem like a step towards safety, but it isn’t. Upsetting the fragile balance in the security sector might soon result in more people cancelling their protection subscriptions and inviting gangs and terrorists to take over the city.” — Andrey Fomin, Militech PR Manager.

Regardless of how you look at the situation, it seems that the change will be a welcome one. We asked our experts to analyze the situation:
This is an important step in addressing the behavior of the police in our game. It should decrease the problem of NPCs spawning behind players' backs and create an impression that it takes some time for the police to arrive at the crime scene after the crime has been reported. We've also added a recon "drone" unit to create the feeling of the police assessing the situation.” — Patryk, Lead Gameplay Designer & Łukasz, Technical Design Coordinator, CD PROJEKT RED

Vehicular manslaughter statistics higher than ever

Look left, then right, then left again — and then run for your life. As morgues are filling up with roadkill, it is now statistically safer to stroll through Kabuki Market with shiny new cyberware than to cross some of Night City’s intersections. The City Council approved a bill forcing vehicle manufacturers to update their steering firmware.

Soon, the mandatory update will allow for better synchronization between the CrystalDome system and the vehicle, resulting in a more fluid driving experience even when the image signal skips a frame or two.

In addition, drivers should also expect to be able to better personalize their driving experience by adjusting the sensitivity limits to a level they are comfortable with — providing a much needed breather for insurance companies.

Will this be a good change, or will it subject morgues, street sweepers and auto repair shops to economic hardship? Here’s an opinion from our expert:
"Analyzing feedback on our driving model suggested a lot of players were having issues with the speed of the steering. Most complaints came from players using keyboards on PC or were on platforms with lower frame rates, and centered around how hard it was to keep cars off the sidewalks and such.
We have added a Steering Sensitivity slider to the Options menu. This allows the steering speed for all vehicles and all input devices to be slowed down, without affecting the maximum turn radius.
When experiencing lower frame rates, our cars were harder to control. We traced this to some code that wasn't handling extreme changes in frame rate properly. The steering speed is now very consistent from 20 to 60+ FPS.
Last, we looked at a bunch of tweaks to individual cars and adjusted some of them that were too twitchy in low frame rates, including the player's Archer Hella.
" — Séamus, Senior Vehicle Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Rock&Roll for racers

No, it’s not a new genre of music! The brand new Rock&Roll vehicle subsystem will allow any unfortunate street racer who missed a turn and ended up stuck on a pile of garbage to quickly get back on track. The system will allow drivers to rotate or rock their vehicles back and forth in order to regain traction.

Gone are the days of abandoning a vehicle in the middle of the city just because things got out of control. Accidents happen and being in a rush isn’t a crime! Now, if somebody appears out of nowhere when you’re crossing a red light, you will still be able to make it to your meeting on time and let your insurance take care of the mess.

Still not sure whether you need the subsystem installed in your vehicle? Let our expert convince you:
"There are cases where our vehicles can get beached or high centered on stuff in Night City. We have now added an Unstuck feature that kicks in when you are accelerating and not moving. While holding down the accelerator, you can now rock the vehicle forward or back, or rotate it left/right." — Séamus, Senior Vehicle Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Update your neuroprocessor drivers or die

This is not a joke! It’s raining men in Night City and not for the reasons you’d expect. Just over the last month authorities recorded nearly 4000 fatal accidents caused by a neuroprocessor glitch causing users to dodge without intending to. The manufacturer has prepared an update to address the issue.

According to our survey over 30% of all Night Citizens experienced an irresistible urge to burst forward for no reason and the majority of affected people admitted that it put them in danger of falling from a high place. Manufacturer claims that the glitch is caused by a lack of perfect synchronisation between the user's brain patterns and the neuroprocessor.

The update will allow users to better personalize their chips and match software responses with their neural patterns. Aside from resolving the issue with sudden dodging, it will also mean that people will find it easier to move and use the chip, regardless of their handedness, abilities or personal preferences.

What do these improvements mean in layman’s terms? Our expert provided an explanation:
Dodge on double-tapping a movement key can be turned off in the Controls settings. The Dodge action can still be performed by double-tapping the Crouch(toggle) action key (default C).
It should now be more feasible to move WASD bindings around the keyboard. There still remain a few bindings that need to be addressed, but these should be fixed in upcoming patches.
” — Wojtek, Tools Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Thank you for tuning in to "What's New in Night City". We'll see you next time.

D

Deleted member 205776

Last I played this game, I had that Quasar revolver which managed to do uh, quite a bit of damage.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
Nice changes. To sum up for those too lazy to click the link:

- Increased the time it takes for the police to respond to a crime. Decreased the likelihood of NPCs (police) spawning behind the player's back. Also added a police "recon" drone unit to "create the feeling of the police assessing the situation"
- Added a Steering Sensitivity slider to the Options menu that allows the steering speed to be altered without affecting the maximum turn radius. Steering speed is now much more consistent, even at lower framerates ("20-60+"). Also fixed some cars that were too twitchy at lower framerates.
- Added an Unstuck (vehicle) feature that allows you to rock the car forward/back/side to side while accelerating and not moving to help you get your vehicle unstuck.
- Dodge on double-tapping a movement key can be turned off in settings. It can still be performed by double-tapping the crouch key. "It should now be more feasible to move WASD bindings around the keyboard. There still remain a few bindings that need to be addressed, but these should be fixed in upcoming patches".

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
sounds like a good patch

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Lightening PG
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Flare X5 DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Case Fractal Design Definse S
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent w/red LED
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
I can still see the police NPC spawn out of air, but at least it isn't right behind you now.

When I played it the game still had a number of smaller bugs but nothing game breaking. Still, I was hoping for bigger changes by now. Traffic logic and the like can be a bit off outside of the city. You can be drivng down a road in the desert and see car after car light but they despawn as you get near, meaning the road is practically always empty. Which is just awkward. Is it supposed to be desolate or populated?

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I really do hope that they cover A LOT more than they have thus far. But I don't expect miracles. Actually, in my mind, what we already have IS the game. It just is. You can try to rationalize it every which way. It's not a terrible experience. I had a great experience with it. Still play it. Will continue to play it. And at most, I expect some good story in the DLC and long-running QOL rollouts. I feel like expecting more from a company that's willing to launch a game in that state... ehh they probably probably aren't that interested in finishing it at any point. Fuck what they say. They say anything they think they need to say. Sure, they have to play optics games for a long time to come, and some fixes are just a given if you don't want to be voted off of gamer island. But in the minds of higher-ups at CDPR, it HAS to be about moving on from this, as quickly as possible. The game has seen the bulk of its profits for now. Over the years income will continue accumulating but they really do need to be working on new games. There's no room for them to make a game twice and only sell it once. They only release major titles every few years... so basically CP2077's one job that it CAN do for them at this point... is carry them financially through the cycles for the current big projects.

The problems that CP2077 has... a lot of them are pretty terminal. We're well past the realm of patches and into shit that can really only properly be fixed by a sequel. Things need to be scrapped and redone. Big ideas in the game are just BAD, conceptually they are bad and in execution are even worse. It needs a whole new gearbox.

Cyberpunk didn't know what it wanted to be. They brought in all of these components that don't match and break the flow of the experience in multiple areas of the game... and finished not a single one of them. For all of the remarks about GTA cloning pre-launch, I actually kind of wish it was. If they put all of that scattered effort onto just making a Cyberpunk GTA game, they would have SURPASSED GTA just on the story alone. Like, imagine GTA with Cyberpunk's story and characters? That would be a pretty cool experience. If they said it was going to be something like that instead of like, a witcher-meets-deus-ex-meets-GTA-meets-mass-effect-meets-borderlandss amalgamation of sheer fuckery, and they delivered on just a bog-standard GTA game with those super on-point visuals and memorable world/story/characters, that would've been it. GOTY, maybe.

Or they could've nixed the open world for the most part and linearized it. Because all you're doing there when it comes to Cyberpunk is trimming fluff and half finished scraps. This also would've put the focus on the narrative, allowing all of the great ideas that never got a chance to bloom out because they had to leave the player open to break away. But the thing is... what are they breaking away to? What is all of that stuff for? Again, they wanted the open world stuff, they wanted the sim. But they were clearly at a loss as to how to string this all together.

Really though, the thing I see nobody talking about is how 'CDPR' this game actually is. Like, I know the Witcher series is just beloved, I myself am passionately love/hate with those games. They're excellent games for the most part, but the same flaws run through all of them. And they run through Cyberpunk, too. The original Witcher game was SUPER ambitious and they were working with nothing. And you know what? That game is kind of a mess. It was clear they got in over their heads with what they wanted to do and they definitely hit some walls. Go back through the trilogy and note the decisions they make in bringing in mechanics and guiding you... you're going to see that learning process. And you might start to notice their blind spots and pick up on the promises they do not have the capability to keep.

But that's really always how they've done things. They're exorbitantly grandiose. I think gamers relate to them specifically because of this, because they dream the same dreams we do when we play and talk about games. It's obvious these are people who care about and understand what experiences people value in their games. And that is just such a rare thing. But I think their management has always sucked and they don't plan for shit. We still eventually got TW3. So maybe the 3rd will be the charm again? They wanted to make a game like this, but the people in charge of it didn't know what they were doing with this hot potato idea. Bummer. But the good news is they now have a ton of feedback on what to do for the next game. And I do think that even with all of the hate and ridicule they caught for this people would still be delighted to play the next one, provided they learn from some of those mistakes. They can get that goodwill back. I'm just not sure they'll manage it by the time they're really done with this one.

I just get miffed when they come out and talk because they pretty much do everything to avoid talking about straight-up flaws in the game. Which tells me they're probably not interested in them. It really makes me wonder if they've learned anything at all from this. Always focusing on the launch as though it is the whole problem. They emphasize the bugs and how rushed things are... I just hope they actually get that their game has deep problems, which still greatly undermine the game if it is pristine and bug-free. None of my own deeper cuts to the game have shit to do with that. It's so far beyond bugs. Features need to be added, others need to be gutted and redone. I think people grossly overestimate what is fixable and I think CDPR is riding on that right now because they know that eventually that target will move to somebody else and they just have to focus on the next game not being shit. They made a lot of bad decisions that they now can't go back on. And they've gotta try really hard to make it look like that isn't the case. It's true when they say that time is not the issue. The issue is being 3 years into building a very complicated machine and finding out it has crippling flaws. No amount of time you spend on that is ever going to be enough to make it worth it versus just building another machine that intrinsically doesn't have those problems. Anything else is patchwork and the returns on your efforts are exceedingly low. It's a constant scramble to be left with essentially the same thing, only now it's a little better. I'm betting this is the no-win they were staring down when they dropped the game on us. Torn between "It definitely needs more time." and "It won't matter how much time we put in now." They were probably already playing that game with it, seeing that horizon looming.

My thing with Cyberpunk... if you're gonna go in for role-play and open-world, you have to GO IN on it! Full-hog, or surface-level customization only. But don't make it a focus and then do nothing with it. What they did instead was try to have their cake and eat it, too. I feel like a lot of developers are still falling into that sim/open world trap. Everybody wants to make one because the immersion and replay-factor can be off the charts. As a dev and a publisher, that's something you want in your library. But what a lot of them aren't seeming to understand until it's too late and they're balls-deep in the game, is that open-world platforms have SEVERE limitations in other areas. It is SO much work. Don't even get me started on hybrids... those are the hardest fucking things to pace right. Like, there is only so much you can do to make up for certain things you lose in an open world and perhaps the most important step is actually deciding what to make up for and what is just going to be off the table for the type of game you want to make. That shit'll make or break your game. Mark my words. Major studios still aren't getting this in 2021.

This all has to come FIRST in the development process imo. And I feel like CDPR just didn't do that. I think they did what fucking Bethesda does with their games, where everybody in the office puts ideas in a jar and the team leaders just start picking stuff out from that to put in their games. For a few years they just do that, until the money people say it's time to sell, and there's your game. I swear to jeezless. They even pitch their games similarly. Todd Howard will promise you the world with a new Bethesda title. It's truly such a BIG game it can hardly be confined to the term. And then you get the thing and the whole game is 10000 things that barely go together and aren't finished. And it's all *technically* there in an 'ehh? EHHHHHH?!" kinda way.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
I really do hope that they cover A LOT more than they have thus far. But I don't expect miracles. Actually, in my mind, what we already have IS the game. It just is. You can try to rationalize it every which way. It's not a terrible experience. I had a great experience with it. Still play it. Will continue to play it. And at most, I expect some good story in the DLC and long-running QOL rollouts.
Well said. People certainly need to temper their expectations for what is realistically possible and what is likely to be done with the game at this point in its life cycle. The problem is there are people like you and me that still find the ability to enjoy the game despite all it's shortcomings, but there are also people that will start playing, realize the game was overhyped and underdelivered, and be left with a sour taste in their mouth and feeling like their money was wasted.

For all of the remarks about GTA cloning pre-launch, I actually kind of wish it was. If they put all of that scattered effort onto just making a Cyberpunk GTA game, they would have SURPASSED GTA just on the story alone. Like, imagine GTA with Cyberpunk's story and characters? That would be a pretty cool experience.
I'm not sure how CDPR would've pulled that off without an online multiplayer component. While GTA's (referring to GTAV as that's the most recent and the one I have the most experience with) single player mode certainly provides a good chunk of content, it's clear that Rockstar shifted their focus to GTA Online after it was clear how much of a moneymaker it is. I didn't find myself wanting to replay GTA's story, and I think that's mainly due to how linear it is. About the only thing to do after finishing the GTAV story (IIRC anyway, it's been quite a while since I played through it start to finish) is to do the assassination missions to maximize your bank account. But even that only provides so much value, because Rockstar stopped adding the content they drip-feed to GTA Online to singleplayer, so eventually you just run out of new toys to buy. CP2077 provides some replayability at least in terms of the different endings and playstyles you can experience, but loses to GTA in terms of the actual open world, random encounters, activities you can do, etc. The fact that GTA is not an RPG but just an open-world game is both its strength as well as its downfall. Similarly, the fact that CDPR felt they had to make not just an RPG, but an open-world RPG to maximize the immersion/simulation factor is what caused a lot of the problems the game has.

Or they could've nixed the open world for the most part and linearized it. Because all you're doing there when it comes to Cyberpunk is trimming fluff and half finished scraps. This also would've put the focus on the narrative, allowing all of the great ideas that never got a chance to bloom out because they had to leave the player open to break away. But the thing is... what are they breaking away to? What is all of that stuff for? Again, they wanted the open world stuff, they wanted the sim. But they were clearly at a loss as to how to string this all together.
This. This is the answer. But at the same time, I think a lot of people (myself included at times) felt the game was already extremely linear. Maybe that's a result of them being presented with all this promised content and open-world hype when there's nothing really to do in it. Maybe that's a result of the "Must. Clear. Map. Markers." mindset the game thrusts upon you. It's probably not the best example to use as I didn't play a ton of it, but I remember there being a good amount of emphasis on Far Cry 5 doing away with the minimap and radio tower-reveals-all-in-its-sector gameplay. The little bit of it that I did play had the beginnings of feeling pretty immersive. Without the minimap there, I just sort of wandered around exploring, working towards the gunfire I heard/smoke I saw in the distance, etc. But eventually I just found myself opening up the map in the menu and setting a waypoint towards the next quest. I felt like I needed to do that to actually make any progress throughout the story. Maybe if points-of-interest/encounters were laid out in such a way that you were strung between side-content on your way to the next story quest, that would alleviate the desire to look at the map. Again, likely not the best example as that was probably more of a point-proving statement on Ubisoft's part that not all of their games are the same, but it makes me wonder what CP2077 could've been if they adopted something along those lines. Eliminating the minimap could be interesting at it would "force" you to "experience" the city more, but without the random encounters and activities that a game like GTA provides, I feel like CDPR would fail to keep you following the carrot so that you wouldn't just beeline straight for the next quest marker.

I think gamers relate to them specifically because of this, because they dream the same dreams we do when we play and talk about games. It's obvious these are people who care about and understand what experiences people value in their games. And that is just such a rare thing. But I think their management has always sucked and they don't plan for shit.
Agreed.

As a dev and a publisher, that's something you want in your library. But what a lot of them aren't seeming to understand until it's too late and they're balls-deep in the game, is that open-world platforms have SEVERE limitations in other areas. It is SO much work. Don't even get me started on hybrids... those are the hardest fucking things to pace right. Like, there is only so much you can do to make up for certain things you lose in an open world and perhaps the most important step is actually deciding what to make up for and what is just going to be off the table for the type of game you want to make. That shit'll make or break your game. Mark my words. Major studios still aren't getting this in 2021.
Who would you say has done it the best, open-world I mean? Who's done the best job of knowing when to not bite off more than they can chew when it comes to open-world game design? Or who's gone balls to the wall and caused the player to forget about the shortcomings going open world has created because it's just so damn good? Not challenging your opinion, just curious about what your closest to ideal open world (RPG or not) looks like.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
sounds like a good patch

More like bandaids and quick and dirty fixes for things that are fundamentally broken. Adding a drone... changing spawn timers... nothing of real substance to fix the core of the issues.

To be honest, this patch triggered me enough to send an official refund request for this game. I'm asking for at least 50% compensation in GOG credit. The game just didn't deliver on what's been promised and the patches underline it was never in scope.

Sorry, I put this on the screenshot section too, but nevertheless, funny as hell. Captions? :))))
View attachment 193944

"I suppose that puddle of water isn't made of tears?" :rockout:

Who would you say has done it the best, open-world I mean?
Sorry for responding even if it wasn't directed at me, but personally I think the best open world is in fact the one you see in many MMO's. Theme parks so big you can't fathom its actually still a theme park.

WoW for example is one of the very few games that exist where you can actually really travel to places. You can do similar in, say, Skyrim or Morrowind, but the actual distances feel fake, they're way too short. The world after having walked through it, no longer feels truly big. Most other singleplayer open world game suffer from this. Even the bigger ones like GTA... once you've seen the locations, they no longer feel as big as they seemed to be, because realistically, they really aren't and you'd never find such a high density of events on such a small space.

SP Games have always tried to find ways around that but rarely if ever succeed unless you use a lot of imagination.

Now put that next to the worlds you find in, say...
- TES Online
- WoW
- Guild Wars 2

You can literally spend several hours going from place to place on foot. Its so long you don't want to. And that on its own is a massive factor in immersion.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Sorry for responding even if it wasn't directed at me, but personally I think the best open world is in fact the one you see in many MMO's. Theme parks so big you can't fathom its actually still a theme park.

WoW for example is one of the very few games that exist where you can actually really travel to places. You can do similar in, say, Skyrim or Morrowind, but the actual distances feel fake, they're way too short. The world after having walked through it, no longer feels truly big. Most other singleplayer open world game suffer from this. Even the bigger ones like GTA... once you've seen the locations, they no longer feel as big as they seemed to be, because realistically, they really aren't and you'd never find such a high density of events on such a small space.

SP Games have always tried to find ways around that but rarely if ever succeed unless you use a lot of imagination.

- TES Online
- WoW
- Guild Wars 2

You can literally spend several hours going from place to place on foot. Its so long you don't want to. And that on its own is a massive factor in immersion.
No worries, I'm happy to hear others' opinions. I wasn't even thinking about MMOs (and I don't really have any experience with them), but your logic seems sound. I get annoyed enough having to navigate singleplayer open worlds, so I can't imagine having to spend hours traveling on foot to get to a raid or something :fear:

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
More like bandaids and quick and dirty fixes for things that are fundamentally broken. Adding a drone... changing spawn timers... nothing of real substance to fix the core of the issues.

To be honest, this patch triggered me enough to send an official refund request for this game. I'm asking for at least 50% compensation in GOG credit. The game just didn't deliver on what's been promised and the patches underline it was never in scope.

"I suppose that puddle of water isn't made of tears?" :rockout:

- TES Online
- WoW
- Guild Wars 2

Funny that I literally called out CDPR for being greedy pigs after the 3rd delay and there were people who vehemently defended CDPR, because "CDPR has good reasons to release CP2077 on 9 platforms simultaneously" :roll: . 4 months after launch and CP2077 is still broken in all 9 platforms.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Funny that I literally called out CDPR for being greedy pigs after the 3rd delay and there were people who vehemently defended CDPR, because "CDPR has good reasons to release CP2077 on 9 platforms simultaneously" :roll: . 4 months after launch and CP2077 is still broken in all 9 platforms.
I don't recall anybody thinking that releasing on all last gen consoles, in addition to the new consoles and PC, was a good idea. I was willing to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt in regards to the delays (think of what state the game would've been released in if it wasn't delayed knowing what we know now) as I'd much rather wait longer for a less buggy game than get it on an undelayed launch day and it be literally unplayable (RDR2 Rockstar launcher issues for example).

Depends on your definition of broken. If by broken, you mean unplayable, then I'd argue that that's not the case. Yeah, last-gen console performance is garbage, but as I alluded above, I was of the camp that thought it shouldn't have been released for those consoles. I think that was a result of the period of time that development happened to span. Starting development 8 years ago, there was little to no conception of the PS5 or XSX. The last gen consoles were the consoles the game would be released on at that time. I digress. If by broken you mean "providing no benefit whatsoever", I'd have to disagree with you there. I certainly have gotten my moneys worth, and will continue to do so as patches trickle out. Maybe I'm one of the lucky few to have hardware that's capable of having a good experience and to not have experienced any major unforgivable bugs. You're correct that in terms of the marketing and hype that CDPR let generate, the game doesn't deliver all that was promised. But that doesn't mean a good experience can't still be had with it.

System Name White Shark
Processor 5600x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12A Chromax
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 12gb Asus TUF OC
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB OS / 860 EVO 500 GB /860 EVO 1TB/ Seagate 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B 3440x1440p 144hz nano-ips ultrawide
Case Phanteks P500A (White/Black)
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX focus gold 80plus
Mouse HyperX Pulsefire Haste
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins Core - Tenkeyless
Software W10
Sorry, I put this on the screenshot section too, but nevertheless, funny as hell. Captions? :))))
View attachment 193944
damnnn!! those are some inches!! i meant auchiesss lmao, btw can you post your display/vid settings?? Since im on ultrawide im looking for the best nice quality without losing frames
crap i just check youre running a rtx3080......:rockout::rockout::rockout:

View attachment 193944
I didn't think pictures of life-like dildo's were allowed in TPU. Kinds breaks a rule. At least put in "spoiler" tags...

4 months after launch and CP2077 is still broken in all 9 platforms.
What I can't believe is that people are still whining.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I didn't think pictures of life-like dildo's were allowed in TPU. Kinds breaks a rule. At least put in "spoiler" tags...

What I can't believe is that people are still whining.
What? thats clearly a hotdog

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
New version out with some serious gains.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
my PC crashes if I enable basic PBO, so i am staying away from this with a ten foot pole. not all of us got good chips.
Huh? PBO is stock. If you can't run it stock then yea your chip has issues.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Huh? PBO is stock. If you can't run it stock then yea your chip has issues.
PBO is not stock, but i agree all chips should run fine with it enabled