• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nitro Concepts X1000 Gaming Chair

If you are on a tight budget but still want a comfortable quality chair for gaming or office use, put the Nitro Concepts X1000 at the top of your list. The fabric upholstery makes it stand out from the many PU offerings in this price range.

Show full review

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
OH NO. €270 for a bucket seat that will absolutely ruin your body if you use it for long seated periods. The job of a bucket seat is the OPPOSITE of what you want from a comfortable chair.
Please stop reviewing these. Please stop promoting them. Please stop advertising them.

Gaming chairs made to look like racing bucket seats are the dumbest blight on PC gaming. Honestly, they're so dumb they make ARGBLED tempered glass cases with terrible airflow look like a good idea.

You can get cool-looking, genuinely ergonomic chairs for less than this, Search your nearest e-tailer for a mesh office chair with adjustable headrest, armrests, and lumbar support. I guarantee most of the results will be around half the price of this stupid gaming chair and future you from 20 years from now will thank you for not ruining your body.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
That's not a modest price here $446.78NZD infact that's more than I paid for my much better looking AKRacing chair which is a woven material version not PU and is very nice to use when it's a hot day as it breaths much better than crappy PU and won't suffer from the peeling PU does after a couple of years

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Too expensive and that slab back and seat need some shape to be ergonomic.
It should be in the $75 US price range with that design.

Larxian

Thank you for this review.
I'm a bit surprised / confused by the replies here...
I need a new chair and I've been looking searching around for a few months now, because I'm on a budget. I was originally thinking about the S300, because it seemed to be one of the best for the 250€ price, and now there's this one for 20€ which seems even better.

I see some people saying that it shouldn't be more than 75€, but I really can't find any chair like this for such a low price, so that's... a bit strange and confusing.

It's also really complicated to find good feedback online, because when I search stuff about chair, it's always the same exact loop : You ask about a 200€ gaming chair -> people tell you to not get gaming chair, but an office chair instead because it's cheaper without the gaming design -> you ask about a 200€ office chair -> people will tell you that it's too cheap and you won't get anything good for under 600€ (while they told you an office chair would be cheaper just before...) -> they recommend herman miller and tell you to find someone who will sell one for cheap around you.

It's so... unreliable, it seems like the chair market is completely broken and getting a good one for a reasonable price is a miracle needing a lot of unprobable factors, it's quite frustrating.

Also, I don't understand if this chair, the X1000, actually came out or not, it's not available on the official website, and outside of this review here, I can't find any infos about it online at all.

dvdnext

Thank you for this review.
I'm a bit surprised / confused by the replies here...
I need a new chair and I've been looking searching around for a few months now, because I'm on a budget. I was originally thinking about the S300, because it seemed to be one of the best for the 250€ price, and now there's this one for 20€ which seems even better.

I see some people saying that it shouldn't be more than 75€, but I really can't find any chair like this for such a low price, so that's... a bit strange and confusing.

It's also really complicated to find good feedback online, because when I search stuff about chair, it's always the same exact loop : You ask about a 200€ gaming chair -> people tell you to not get gaming chair, but an office chair instead because it's cheaper without the gaming design -> you ask about a 200€ office chair -> people will tell you that it's too cheap and you won't get anything good for under 600€ (while they told you an office chair would be cheaper just before...) -> they recommend herman miller and tell you to find someone who will sell one for cheap around you.

It's so... unreliable, it seems like the chair market is completely broken and getting a good one for a reasonable price is a miracle needing a lot of unprobable factors, it's quite frustrating.

Also, I don't understand if this chair, the X1000, actually came out or not, it's not available on the official website, and outside of this review here, I can't find any infos about it online at all.
Larxian, I have one question. Have you bought this chair yet? And I can 100% agree with the "gaming chair loop". Everyone is suggesting herman miller office chair, even though at the same time they don't even own it and sit on a $30 staples wooden chair. Herman miller is so overrated and overpriced.

I have kind of a suspicion, because the only good reviews come from the staff, they might be sponsored, but I don't know. I don't have any proof that non-staff members are not trolling, they might not even own the chair. I have been looking at this chair (Nitro Concepts x1000) for a while. The some reviews I have found, are good ones, but the reviewer mentions only some disadvantages, insufficiencies that are minor. It is said, that Nitro Concepts x1000 in the same as Nitro Concepts S300, but with some improvements, for example, longer lifespan, durability and other small upgrades. Reviewers say that x1000 is just as soft and ergonomic as S300.

I am really considering buying Nitro Concepts x1000. The value is incredible, it is durable, comfortable.
If someone has any disagreements or maybe suggestions, alternatives, I am willing to listen to them. If you know someone, who owns this chair, feel free to contact to me.
-John Koko

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Herman Miller chairs are really common in offices. You'll have no trouble finding people who have spent 30 hours a week for several years in an Aeron for example. I spent all day every day at work in an Aeron from 2009 to 2014, it was fine. I wouldn't say it was the best chair in the world but at no point did I ever find it uncomfortable, or suffer numbness or aches as a result of a long day at my desk. Since 2014 I've been using an Eames high-back mesh chair at the office, though I spend much less time sat down now. It's perhaps initially more comfortable than the Aeron but I notice when I've been sat down for a few hours as I find myself repositioning to improve comfort.

I didn't buy an Aeron for home, I set myself a budget of €300 and whilst I could have found a refurbed Aeron with warranty for that, I wanted something that looked a bit classier and as it was for more occasional use, I figured a Chinese knock-off would be fine (it has been so far, and it's almost 10 years old)

I settled on a fake Ergohuman like this, ended up costing me about £280.
1610295016967.png

GN just did a reasonably interesting chair-related video that's worth watching:

Last edited:

Larxian

Larxian, I have one question. Have you bought this chair yet?
No I didn't, I'm too scared of being disappointed for the price, and I couldn't find a place to try it in real life.
I'm mostly scared of the arm rests on all these gaming chairs, they seem to be placed quite forward on the chair, with no arm rest near the back, so I'm scared that my elbow wouldn't even touch the armrests, and also when I play a game with a controller, I like to rest the side of my arms / elbow on the armrest, with the controller over my waist, and it kind of seems like maybe this isn't possible on such chair?
So yeah... I still haven't actually decided on one, at this point I'm even wondering if I shouldn't actually go for something like this:
Because I really like / tend to slouch when playing and watching things, I don't like just sitting perfectly straight as I find it uncomfortable, and maybe chairs like this are better for that, but I would prefer mesh or fabric because fake leather tend to quickly die, and the chairs like this in general also quickly break...

So yeah, haven't picked anything yet.

dvdnext

No I didn't, I'm too scared of being disappointed for the price, and I couldn't find a place to try it in real life.
I'm mostly scared of the arm rests on all these gaming chairs, they seem to be placed quite forward on the chair, with no arm rest near the back, so I'm scared that my elbow wouldn't even touch the armrests, and also when I play a game with a controller, I like to rest the side of my arms / elbow on the armrest, with the controller over my waist, and it kind of seems like maybe this isn't possible on such chair?
So yeah... I still haven't actually decided on one, at this point I'm even wondering if I shouldn't actually go for something like this:
Because I really like / tend to slouch when playing and watching things, I don't like just sitting perfectly straight as I find it uncomfortable, and maybe chairs like this are better for that, but I would prefer mesh or fabric because fake leather tend to quickly die, and the chairs like this in general also quickly break...

So yeah, haven't picked anything yet.
Yes, I was scared of the same problem, armrests being too far away from each other too. But if so, I would just remove them.

Still have not found anything really better than Nitro Concepts x1000. If someone owns this chair, please respond to my message with your experience and review.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Yes, I was scared of the same problem, armrests being too far away from each other too. But if so, I would just remove them.

Still have not found anything really better than Nitro Concepts x1000. If someone owns this chair, please respond to my message with your experience and review.

I have this chair https://www.akracing.com/products/akracing-core-series-ex-gaming-chair and I upgraded the wheels to these

I find the chair very comfortable even after gaming for 8hrs I can still feel my butt and the material is great in summer or winter

Larxian

But if so, I would just remove them.
That's just impossible to consider for me, I really need the arm rests. And if I'm scared of them being too far, it's because I want to use them, otherwise I wouldn't care :laugh:
I have an office chair without arm rests and it's really awful, it really hurts when you can't rest your arms, it's not comfortable.

jgmrichter

I just received the x1000 after basically buying it on a leap of faith - mostly based on many excellent reviews of the S300. First let me just say it certainly looks the part. I simply love the understated, angular "Audi" aesthetic.

Some initial impressions. Something I found after watching every video and reading every review I could find, is that I underestimated its overall size, even knowing the exact dimensions. It must have been made for giants - it looks and feels overly spacious. I'm just over 1.8 m, weighing around 75 kg, so average but not small, and I don't feel "hugged". My feet are only flat on the floor at its lowest positions, but then the arm rests at their highest setting aren't level with my desk surface (72 cm). Any higher and I become aware of the stiff ridge behind my knees. That means I'll probably need a foot rest and/or somehow raise my desk to get to a comfortable combination. The arm rests are quite wide apart for my elbows (at their narrowest setting, which is default) so I find myself using the inner rim of the (nice and broad) arm rests unless I raise them. A 4D arm rest might have been useful to adjust this gap more finely (for instance when you're playing with a controller and not reaching for the desk.) Nitro Concepts have certainly improved the armrest mechanism over the S300 and every setting can now lock into place.

As I said it's still brand new and I'm still adjusting, but right now my biggest concern is comfortably reaching my keyboard and mouse while keeping my back straight against the chair. The lumbar pillow isn't of much help when that's the only point of contact. The chair is sturdy and well made, and will probably last me quite a while. But I'd like my back to last even longer. Feel free to ask for specifics - I know I would have appreciated more feedback before I bought it.
20210315_135700.jpg

Last edited:

Larxian

I just received the x1000 after basically buying it on a leap of faith - mostly based on many excellent reviews of the S300. First let me just say it certainly looks the part. I simply love the understated, angular "Audi" aesthetic.

Some initial impressions. Something I found after watching every video and reading every review I could find, is that I underestimated its overall size, even knowing the exact dimensions. It must have been made for giants - it looks and feels overly spacious. I'm just over 1.8 m, weighing around 75 kg, so average but not small, and I don't feel "hugged". My feet are only flat on the floor at its lowest positions, but then the arm rests at their highest setting aren't level with my desk surface (72 cm). Any higher and I become aware of the stiff ridge behind my knees. That means I'll probably need a foot rest and/or somehow raise my desk to get to a comfortable combination. The arm rests are quite wide apart for my elbows (at their narrowest setting, which is default) so I find myself using the inner rim of the (nice and broad) arm rests unless I raise them. A 4D arm rest might have been useful to adjust this gap more finely (for instance when you're playing with a controller and not reaching for the desk.) Nitro Concepts have certainly improved the armrest mechanism over the S300 and every setting can now lock into place.

As I said it's still brand new and I'm still adjusting, but right now my biggest concern is comfortably reaching my keyboard and mouse while keeping my back straight against the chair. The lumbar pillow isn't of much help when that's the only point of contact. The chair is sturdy and well made, and will probably last me quite a while. But I'd like my back to last even longer. Feel free to ask for specifics - I know I would have appreciated more feedback before I bought it.
View attachment 192659
Hello and thank you for your feedback!
I was almost ready to buy it the other day, and it went out of stock, so I'll ask more question to be sure if you don't mind.

The thing that worries me the most is that the armrests seem to be positionned very far on the front, and from what I've seen, you apparently can't move them further in the back by a lot.
I play a lot of games with a controller, and when I do so, I like to have my elbows resting on the armrests, while having my wrists and the controller on my legs, below the waist. I'm not sure if the description is good enough, but kind of like the guy on that picture: https://empire-s3-production.bobvila.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Best_Gaming_Chair.jpg
except I don't hold the controller in the air, I have my wirsts resting on my thighs, best picture I could find to illustrate though.

Does such position seem possible to do on that chair? I'm scared that the armrests don't go far back enough and that my elbows wouldn't actually touch the armrests. It's really my main concern, the rest of the chair seems really nice (though I haven't been able to try it so I don't know for sure...).

Thank you!

jgmrichter

Hello and thank you for your feedback!
I was almost ready to buy it the other day, and it went out of stock, so I'll ask more question to be sure if you don't mind.

The thing that worries me the most is that the armrests seem to be positionned very far on the front, and from what I've seen, you apparently can't move them further in the back by a lot.
I play a lot of games with a controller, and when I do so, I like to have my elbows resting on the armrests, while having my wrists and the controller on my legs, below the waist. I'm not sure if the description is good enough, but kind of like the guy on that picture: https://empire-s3-production.bobvila.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Best_Gaming_Chair.jpg
except I don't hold the controller in the air, I have my wirsts resting on my thighs, best picture I could find to illustrate though.

Does such position seem possible to do on that chair? I'm scared that the armrests don't go far back enough and that my elbows wouldn't actually touch the armrests. It's really my main concern, the rest of the chair seems really nice (though I haven't been able to try it so I don't know for sure...).

Thank you!
Hi there
I don't think you'll have much trouble in an upright position. The back of the arm rests are right by your side and should be within reach of your elbows (see picture). But the moment you tilt back a little you'd probably rather rest your elbows on the protruding "wings" at your side, making the arm rests redundant. Based on your picture the C100 might be a more suitable style.

Attachments

• 20210316_210949.jpg
    20210316_210949.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 156

Larxian

Hi there
I don't think you'll have much trouble in an upright position. The back of the arm rests are right by your side and should be within reach of your elbows (see picture). But the moment you tilt back a little you'd probably rather rest your elbows on the protruding "wings" at your side, making the arm rests redundant. Based on your picture the C100 might be a more suitable style.
Thank you for you reply! They do seem close to the back on your last picture, which is good.
The C100 doesn't really interest me because I'd like to have adjustable armrests and I really prefer fabric, or mesh, over PU Leather, which is why I'm really interested in the X1000, the material and the shape seem great.

I also rarely titl back chairs, or not by a lot, I'm more of a sloucher, yes I know it's bad, but it's what I naturally always end up doing, even when I tried supposed "good" chairs, I move a lot on a chair and can't remain in a straight position.

Also I'm not sure if the "wings" could really work as a rest for the elbow, that seems to be way too close to the chair back, doesn't seem like a comfortable thing. I also hope that the wings wouldn't actually get in the way and be uncomfortable for the position I'm describing.

Last edited:

jgmrichter

Thank you for you reply! They do seem close to the back on your last picture, which is good.
The C100 doesn't really interest me because I'd like to have adjustable armrests and I really prefer fabric, or mesh, over PU Leather, which is why I'm really interested in the X1000, the material and the shape seem great.

I also rarely titl back chairs, or not by a lot, I'm more of a sloucher, yes I know it's bad, but it's what I naturally always end up doing, even when I tried supposed "good" chairs, I move a lot on a chair and can't remain in a straight position.

Also I'm not sure if the "wings" could really work as a rest for the elbow, that seems to be way too close to the chair back, doesn't seem like a comfortable thing. I also hope that the wings wouldn't actually get in the way and be uncomfortable for the position I'm describing.
What I liked about the chair is that for a "racing" style the wings aren't too pronounced. It really looks very sleek. You'll only be aware of them if you lean back and put your elbows down on purpose. I don't know if it's a pro or con but the stiff cold foam and flat back rest doesn't really promote slouching. Unfortunately I never play with a controller (mouse and keyboard for me!) so I can't really tell you whether the chair is comfortable for that. The rocking mechanism works well for putting your feet up though. Hope that helps. I'd love to hear from more owners what their experience has been. It's a little disconcerting that everyone's so quiet about this chair!

Larxian

What I liked about the chair is that for a "racing" style the wings aren't too pronounced. It really looks very sleek. You'll only be aware of them if you lean back and put your elbows down on purpose. I don't know if it's a pro or con but the stiff cold foam and flat back rest doesn't really promote slouching. Unfortunately I never play with a controller (mouse and keyboard for me!) so I can't really tell you whether the chair is comfortable for that. The rocking mechanism works well for putting your feet up though. Hope that helps. I'd love to hear from more owners what their experience has been. It's a little disconcerting that everyone's so quiet about this chair!
I see, thank you. I don't really have other questions, but I'm really hesitating, scared that I might not like it :( I went to stores in real life and tried many ones but didn't find anything that I really liked, while I always had an eye on the X1000. I guess I could return it maybe if I don't like it but it would most likely be complicated and expesnive with a package like that.
The feedback on this chair is indeed super rare! I can't find many reviews or posts about it, so I really appreciate yours :)

armouredsp

I see, thank you. I don't really have other questions, but I'm really hesitating, scared that I might not like it :( I went to stores in real life and tried many ones but didn't find anything that I really liked, while I always had an eye on the X1000. I guess I could return it maybe if I don't like it but it would most likely be complicated and expesnive with a package like that.
The feedback on this chair is indeed super rare! I can't find many reviews or posts about it, so I really appreciate yours :)
Did you ever end up pulling the trigger on this one?

I'm in a similar cycle, people are always hammering the 'gaming chairs' but they basically offer what I want aside from padded arm rests, I wanna slouch without my chair punishing me.

Like I used to sit on a kitchen chair- zero issues- wanted something nicer so went for an IKEA markus which has lumbar support and kinda forces you in an upright position (which I never hold cause I move around a lot) and now my back hurts like crazy.

If only they brought out something like this but with better armrests

Larxian

Did you ever end up pulling the trigger on this one?

I'm in a similar cycle, people are always hammering the 'gaming chairs' but they basically offer what I want aside from padded arm rests, I wanna slouch without my chair punishing me.

Like I used to sit on a kitchen chair- zero issues- wanted something nicer so went for an IKEA markus which has lumbar support and kinda forces you in an upright position (which I never hold cause I move around a lot) and now my back hurts like crazy.

If only they brought out something like this but with better armrests
Hello, no I still haven't decided >< I'm thinking about it almost daily though lol But I'm just scared that returning it would be complicated if I don't like it, I wish I could try it in real life.

But your whole message is exactly how I feel! I really like, and need, to move on my chair, I can't sit in a totally straight, upright position, for hours. I also sit differnetly if I'm using keyboard and mouse, or if I'm watching a movie or playing a game with controller, therefore, sometimes I slouch, sometimes I lean more on the right, or the left, I move frequently.
In all the chairs I tried, the lumbar support have always been bothering me, even when you can adjust it, I always feel like I would prefer not having it at all.

Also like you said, the armrests not being padded is one of the main complaints I have about such chairs, but it's not just gaming chair, even if you go into really expensive office chair, like the Embody from Herman Miller, it's this type of armrest, not padded. It seems that as long as the armrests are adjustable, they won't be padded, I don't really know why. I'm also a bit scared that the armrests on the X1000 might not go back far enough to put your elbow on them comfortably, it seems like they are positionned a bit too forward, but I can't be sure without trying it.

I can really identify with your post, I really want something where I can sit kind of however I want, like in a couch, without the chair punishing me.
I looked at the IKEA Markus online but never tried it, but with your description it seems like it something I wouldn't like, and I'd really like adjustable armrests anyway.

armouredsp

Hello, no I still haven't decided >< I'm thinking about it almost daily though lol But I'm just scared that returning it would be complicated if I don't like it, I wish I could try it in real life.

But your whole message is exactly how I feel! I really like, and need, to move on my chair, I can't sit in a totally straight, upright position, for hours. I also sit differnetly if I'm using keyboard and mouse, or if I'm watching a movie or playing a game with controller, therefore, sometimes I slouch, sometimes I lean more on the right, or the left, I move frequently.
In all the chairs I tried, the lumbar support have always been bothering me, even when you can adjust it, I always feel like I would prefer not having it at all.

Also like you said, the armrests not being padded is one of the main complaints I have about such chairs, but it's not just gaming chair, even if you go into really expensive office chair, like the Embody from Herman Miller, it's this type of armrest, not padded. It seems that as long as the armrests are adjustable, they won't be padded, I don't really know why. I'm also a bit scared that the armrests on the X1000 might not go back far enough to put your elbow on them comfortably, it seems like they are positionned a bit too forward, but I can't be sure without trying it.

I can really identify with your post, I really want something where I can sit kind of however I want, like in a couch, without the chair punishing me.
I looked at the IKEA Markus online but never tried it, but with your description it seems like it something I wouldn't like, and I'd really like adjustable armrests anyway.
Guess that depends on where you live? Amazon's return policy is quite good? Absolute worst case scenario you sell it for the retail price -30 euros/dollar?

Have you found any other chairs that fit your criteria? Was thinking I'll try one more, if that fails, I can just make my own chair/ as in, buy one that's sort of good and then modify it to fit my needs.

Larxian

Guess that depends on where you live? Amazon's return policy is quite good? Absolute worst case scenario you sell it for the retail price -30 euros/dollar?

Have you found any other chairs that fit your criteria? Was thinking I'll try one more, if that fails, I can just make my own chair/ as in, buy one that's sort of good and then modify it to fit my needs.
I'm from France, and it's actually not sold directly by amazon here, only a third party, so I don't think the return policy is the same, so I was looking at another website from France to buy it.

And no I haven't really found other chairs that would fit my criterias. There are some chairs that seem comfortable, with good padding and such, but they lack adjustements so it's not really good either. And most other gaming chairs have their bucket shape too pronounced for my taste, the x1000 seems to be more flat which is a good thing.

The custom chair could be an option if you are good at customizing things I guess for sure.

armouredsp

I'm from France, and it's actually not sold directly by amazon here, only a third party, so I don't think the return policy is the same, so I was looking at another website from France to buy it.

And no I haven't really found other chairs that would fit my criterias. There are some chairs that seem comfortable, with good padding and such, but they lack adjustements so it's not really good either. And most other gaming chairs have their bucket shape too pronounced for my taste, the x1000 seems to be more flat which is a good thing.

The custom chair could be an option if you are good at customizing things I guess for sure.
If you have a week or two I'll give it a go then and report my findings

jgmrichter

I'm also a bit scared that the armrests on the X1000 might not go back far enough to put your elbow on them comfortably, it seems like they are positionned a bit too forward, but I can't be sure without trying it.
It looks like it might be possible to swop the armrests around so that they're facing backwards since the fittings and screws are symmetrical left and right. That would put the arm rests right by your side (although the adjustment levers would then be on the inside). Should be interesting to try.
The only lumbar support this chair offers is the small little pillow which is barely anything. It's otherwise flat, but I find it just too deep without a pillow. Using different pillows I'm sure you can customise the seating to your taste a little more. I've been trying various cushions to sit a little higher.
Also like you said, the armrests not being padded is one of the main complaints I have about such chairs
I'm used to cheap plastic or even my desk, so the rubber surface on this is an improvement for me. Maybe softer materials are more prone to denting or cracking from the uneven pressure over time?

Larxian

If you have a week or two I'll give it a go then and report my findings
I'll definitely be hearing what you have to say about it sure!

It looks like it might be possible to swop the armrests around so that they're facing backwards since the fittings and screws are symmetrical left and right. That would put the arm rests right by your side (although the adjustment levers would then be on the inside). Should be interesting to try.
I did think about this! Was wondering if it was possible, could be a fix if I don't like it by default maybe yeah