• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Does it show as a digital box or speaker icon? Its interesting it happens on both drivers, I wonder, but don't know, do you know if the chip is faulty?
I would suggest you follow my guide to make a clean install of your motherboard drivers (instead of mine), and check for analogue.

A more aggressive step would be afresh install of Windows + motherboard drivers.

Torquemada1970

It's offered as a playback device. The Realtek app will only see digital speakers, as does Windows the sound panel.

I'll give your removal process a whirl, although I've been pretty thorough in the past.

It's too coincidental that this happened when I installed Alan's drivers, though.

When you do the pnputil, check all sound category infs (oems), there could be some extensions or past installs, but I guess not since you run clean.

Edit: Thanks for the feedback you didn't know you sent, my driver + ALC 1220.

Last edited:

divStar

So... I figured out some games output 5.1 surround sound using s/pdif, some do not. My VLC-Testfile properly outputs all channels, my AVR is set to Dolby Digital, but e.g. Dead or Alive 6 only outputs stereo and I'd rather not upmix it. I also know, that this game usually outputs sound in 5.1 - given it recognizes the channels.

I suppose I should abandon optical connections completely, but sadly I do not have another HDMI on my graphics card... perhaps I should try my luck with a DisplayPort->HDMI cable in order to get the audio to my AVR. Kinda sad s/pdif is such a bull*@!... :(. Sure - it works well for TVs, but why have such a connection on your mainboard when you cannot really use it?!..

Have you tried my driver, I have 0% issues with multichannel and digital. I've tried to help Alan several times, but eventually gave up myself.
If you want stereo untouched, you should either disable Neo PC (little tricky) or install E-APO, and don't config it (easy).

1.png

Delete: {3CF95BBE-E76D-411C-A25C-BC94B072840E} < Edit wrong key, partially ignore image, my bad. Stream FX key.
Best just to use E-APO and even my config for it, and just turn off-on upmixer as needed.

Attachments

• FX Configurator (Cleaned).zip
    724.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Torquemada1970

When you do the pnputil, check all sound category infs (oems), there could be some extensions or past installs, but I guess not since you run clean.

Edit: Thanks for the feedback you didn't know you sent, my driver + ALC 1220.
I sent feedback but didn't know? :)

I just ran through the instructions and installed the 6.0.9102.1 drivers, but result has been the same....I guess it's time for the ultimate fallback/ W10 reinstall

Hatchet1997

What is the best choice, HD Manager or Audio Console, and what are the differences in sound?

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9137.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION 1: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION 2: If you want to use DTS in conjunction with Creative Sound Blaster, choose DTS: X Ultra. The reason: I did intensive tests on my PC, combining each one with each other and found that the control services of Creative Sound Blaster Connect and DTS HeadphoneX v1 cannot work together, they conflict with each other, that is, if both services are stopped and you start Creative UWP Service first and manually and then start DTSAPO3Service, the latter will be starting and stopping all the time, like a vicious cycle. Now, if both services are stopped and you first start the DTSAPO3Service manually and then start the Creative UWP Service, the latter will not even start.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions and Software Components categories, if they persist.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

Last edited:

Torquemada1970

MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION 1: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION 2: If you want to use DTS in conjunction with Creative Sound Blaster, choose DTS: X Ultra. The reason: I did intensive tests on my PC, combining each one with each other and found that the control services of Creative Sound Blaster Connect and DTS HeadphoneX v1 cannot work together, they conflict with each other, that is, if both services are stopped and you start Creative UWP Service first and manually and then start DTSAPO3Service, the latter will be starting and stopping all the time, like a vicious cycle. Now, if both services are stopped and you first start the DTSAPO3Service manually and then start the Creative UWP Service, the latter will not even start.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions and Software Components categories, if they persist.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Will this allow me to do analogue 5.1?

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
System Name Gaming PC
Processor 8700k delided with Grizzly liquid metal overclocked to 5Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming itx/ac
Cooling Noctua CPU and case fans
Memory G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT
Storage SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB M.2
Display(s) Old LG Plasma TV
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F1
Audio Device(s) All software...Dolby Atmos
Power Supply EVGA G3 750 watt
Mouse None
Keyboard Bluetooth something
Software Windows 10
This may be slightly off topic, but this mod is the only thing I've done to my pc lately in regards to system modifications.

Anyone play COD Warzone after installing this? I found myself "shadow banned" all of a sudden. I DO NOT use cheats or cheat in anyway. And honestly I suck terribly at the game so I highly doubt anyone reported me.

The only thing I can think is that since the audio mod alters system files, the check Warzone does seen the system was modified?

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue. Sucks if Warzone is this anal about things.

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
This may be slightly off topic, but this mod is the only thing I've done to my pc lately in regards to system modifications.

Anyone play COD Warzone after installing this? I found myself "shadow banned" all of a sudden. I DO NOT use cheats or cheat in anyway. And honestly I suck terribly at the game so I highly doubt anyone reported me.

The only thing I can think is that since the audio mod alters system files, the check Warzone does seen the system was modified?

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue. Sucks if Warzone is this anal about things.
I assure you that my goal is not and has never been to use any kind of fake trickery to harm users, but rather to help them enjoy their Realtek audio chips better.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
With the new update DTS X Ultra doesnt work.

I had made a clean install, by removing all DTS, DOLBY, REALTEK, ALAN FINOTY, stuff...

Windows 10 20H4 I think

My PC has a gigabyte motherboard and a NVIDIA GeForce graphic card

Last edited:
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

RECOMMENDATION:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Hello Alan, can I install your driver package bundled together between dolby and dts?

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
I installed the latest version, everything worked perfectly except DTS: X. It is enabled but it doesn't make any difference when I change options.
1617894234186.png

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
EDIT: Files reuploaded with DTS Interactive S/PDIF fix

1.jpg

Last edited:
If its not making any difference when you change presets then its missing SFX, MFX, EFX settings. Let me read through Alan files :)

@Alan Finotty, So far I'm impressed, very nice work with an unmentioned controller. @Wakko000 I don't yet see a problem, you will need show me the reg entries for that device (end result of setup).
To do so you will need the 'Realtek APO Tool', I have attached one, or find a similar another app, in this case you select the device at the top then EP Registry, on the right.

Alternatively, navigate to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\

1.png2.png

You will need to read the device ID by name, for example, my SPDIF output is called 'Digital'. Export and DM me, or Alan.

----

Edit: My only cause for concern is the certificates, and potential risk factor, in this case PC damage or OS damage.

1617899006382.png

----

Nice to see Alan is finally using composite, his driver also contains SRS effects, which is owned by DTS.

----

@Alan Finotty, you might need a different preset, or modify the .xml to unlock spatial and Sound Unbound.
You can try this package, technically it should work with your codes, but might not if the preset is not correct.

----

I will continue with my driver as an alternative, and also source of multichannel mods.

Attachments

• RTK APO Tool.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK