• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silent Hill

System Name Dell Precision Workstation T5820 XL Tower
Processor Intel Xeon W-2195 18 cores 36 threads 2,3 - 4,3GHz 25MB l3 cache 8GT/s QPI
Motherboard Dell 0TVW7J
Cooling Air
Memory 8x32GB (256GB) DDR4 ECC registered Samsung 2400MHz CL17
Video Card(s) Manli Gallardo RTX 3080 Ti
Storage 10TB
Display(s) HyperX Armada 25 240Hz
Case Dell Precision T5820 Tower XL
Audio Device(s) Jamo Cornet 145, Technics SU-VZ320, Yamaha YST-SW80
Power Supply Delta Electronics H950EF-00 950W
Mouse Asus ROG Chakram
Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore II
Software Window 11 Pro for Workstations x64 23H2
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark Time spy 16848
I’m a big fan of Silent Hill games (only the first four). Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4 work perfectly. However, Silent Hill 1 will not be fully installed. The installation starts, and when it is finished, REGISTERING FONTS starts. There the installation freezes, and in TASK MANAGER shows SUF60Runtime not responding.
This did not happen to me while I had Windows 10 v2004 and earlier versions. Since the system was upgraded to version 21H1, this has been happening. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
I'm more into Resident Evil, but I've played Silent Hill 3 and I loved it. Can't remember much from it tho as it was on 2007, but I guess a replay wouldn't hurt.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
I’m a big fan of Silent Hill games (only the first four). Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4 work perfectly. However, Silent Hill 1 will not be fully installed. The installation starts, and when it is finished, REGISTERING FONTS starts. There the installation freezes, and in TASK MANAGER shows SUF60Runtime not responding.
This did not happen to me while I had Windows 10 v2004 and earlier versions. Since the system was upgraded to version 21H1, this has been happening. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?
try compat mode
also user becnhmark is garbage

I thought the original Silent Hill required an emulator? In any case, the graphics, even 10 years ago, were primitive and the combat abysmal. The changing camera angles were annoying and frequently forced me to run away from a fight until I could get to someplace I could fight the enemy from an appropriate camera angle (particularly the flying enemies).

D

Deleted member 205776

I thought the original Silent Hill required an emulator? In any case, the graphics, even 10 years ago, were primitive and the combat abysmal. The changing camera angles were annoying and frequently forced me to run away from a fight until I could get to someplace I could fight the enemy from an appropriate camera angle (particularly the flying enemies).
Controls and combat I agree, but who cares about the graphics? It's a PS1 game for God's sake. I'm on my sixth playthrough of the first 4 games. They're just that good. Nothing tops them, and there haven't been any games like them anymore, especially like Silent Hill 2. Silent Hill games really got to me as someone who's been in a dark place mentally for her entire life.

The soundtrack is also on another level - these games would be nothing without Akira Yamaoka.

I wish Silent Hills wasn't cancelled, I would gladly take it over Death Stranding. I watch every single PlayStation event hoping for a new Silent Hill game that would make me buy a console for the first time in my life, and always end up being disappointed.

I'm more into Resident Evil, but I've played Silent Hill 3 and I loved it. Can't remember much from it tho as it was on 2007, but I guess a replay wouldn't hurt.
Resident Evil started being boring for me once they went away from zombies and T-Viruses and now it's about vampires and paranormal shenanigans.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, the annoying fixed camera angles found throughout the first three Silent Hills (not sure about Silent Hill 4: The Room) eventually became dated and lame

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
For me, the annoying fixed camera angles found throughout the first three Silent Hills (not sure about Silent Hill 4: The Room) eventually became dated and lame
this is not a thread about how good the game is
its about getting it to run