• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

Using the provided RTK Device Tool, try the following, for me beam forming works best.

enable DrvCtrl 14
check 5-MicEffectStereoOutputForAECandNS

enable DrvCtrl 43
check 25-AecRefUseLoopback
check 24-ForceRtkMicEftV2

enable DRVCtrl 38
check 31-AecRefSupportSrc

2.png

@Kabal81, I might able to do something now I understand APO3 and APO4 more, I have been asked by friends. Sometimes if you stack APOs you get problems.....
This driver uses Sound Unbound and the Headphones:X (v1, v2) apps for spatial, it also has object processing, and works with Atmos encoded audio.

----

So I addressed APO3 fully, and re-mastered its preset, and set it up to not screw up other APO's, you can now use APO3 for stereo, or ignore it.
I managed to get the same latency stereo had without APO MFX, now with MFX. You will need to select Surround or 3D mode.

----

DTS DCH 6.0.9137.4 (Signed) - See post 1 for the downloads and guide. Various APO fixes and changes, moved apps to one package.

@Bryan Ü, you want ALT1 (HDXRT2.inf), I moved them around, but have now labelled them in the basic installer.

----

If you want to edit or tweak the preset's, or find better settings let me know:
Drag and drop any files to the right folder, then install (or edit first).

====

Forgot to mention, DTS Interactive (analogue > digital), has been upgraded into essentially Interactive:X, with DTS 6 channel endpoint effects and 6 channel object processing.
The sound quality for me is better *, however I notice a difference with high frequencies, nothing an EQ cant boost. Specs: 48 Khz, 24 bit, 6 channel.

* Versus analogue 6 channels, and the same speaker system, high grade cables in both cases.

View attachment 197780

Thanks for your answer. I will wait then and watch your updates. For now I'm happy and your driver does its job pretty well.
When you start your work with spatial sound enhancements like Atmos and stuff, I can do some testing stuff :)
You're doing an amazing job here!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm taking notes for the next Realtek release, and will add any changes then, unless urgent.
I am still investigating multichannel for SPDIF with some chips, such as 887 and 892.

-----

1.png2.png
3.png4.png
5.png6.png

Current release, with maximum performance, and high quality audio.

Last edited:
Yes and it has speaker-headphones selection. Very nice. I will be posting an optional update for 'RTKHDAUD.dat' with the AEC changes, and a setting I want to test on 887-892 for SPDIF.

DrvCtrl 43 -- 24-ForceRtkMicEftV2, is the only one I did not add, you might need to add it, I did enable RtkMicEftV2.

Last edited:
System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
do you have preset for analog stereo speaker

The preset includes stereo and multichannel, in fact 99% of it is stereo, either headphones or speakers.
When in multichannel mode you cant choose a stereo preset, or use stereo options.

1619446696368.png

That includes spatial modes, they are stereo for stereo.

----

Updated presets:
The Ferather one will be in the next update.

----

How to use the preset updater:

If you don't intend to modify anything, double click install. If you want to modify the .xml, do so first.
If you want to replace the APO4 preset (DTS:X), delete-replace the files in WIN10\APO4x\.

Make sure the folders are populated, else it will delete then install nothing.

Last edited:
The preset includes stereo and multichannel, in fact 99% of it is stereo, either headphones or speakers.
When in multichannel mode you cant choose a stereo preset, or use stereo options.

View attachment 198186

That includes spatial modes, they are stereo for stereo.

----

Updated presets:
The Ferather one will be in the next update.

----

How to use the preset updater:

If you don't intend to modify anything, double click install. If you want to modify the .xml, do so first.
If you want to replace the APO4 preset (DTS:X), delete-replace the files in WIN10\APO4x\.

Make sure the folders are populated, else it will delete then install nothing.
i think make updater acer to (yes my laptop is acer)

dts headphone x preset rename to dtsapo3oemconfig.xml thanks for alanfox2000

Last edited:
Use which ever one(s) you like :)

----

Optional:

I just fixed an issue with noise and multichannel, by default SFX is being bypassed (APO4-Off), this causes popping.

----

1619524585970.png

:roll:

Last edited:
hope dts have tuning for knowledge zenith earphone :) (i dont have knowlege about audio tuning)

wow is working with acer trueharmony

Attachments

• Screenshot_258.png
    Screenshot_258.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 75
Good to know, I cant see Zenith in the headphone list sadly.

----

Interactive:X is accepting 192khz 32 bit 6 channel input, output is 48khz 24 bit 6 channels (DTS standard).
To do 8 channels, I had to reduce the stream output to 96khz 24bit. Interesting results.

1619615940512.png
1619616113464.png

Last edited:

nonick

Using the provided RTK Device Tool, try the following, for me beam forming works best.

enable DrvCtrl 14
check 5-MicEffectStereoOutputForAECandNS

enable DrvCtrl 43
check 25-AecRefUseLoopback
check 24-ForceRtkMicEftV2

enable DRVCtrl 38
check 31-AecRefSupportSrc

View attachment 197956
One more thing with this issue. Every time when start PC need to play around with realtek settings (change/reset default devices/communication) to start AEC work.
1619619199454.png

And maybe with headphone device adding/removing full range tick or maybe change/reset device format:
1619619263181.png

Very weard issue I didnt find normal pattern which fix issue.. :D

p.s. issue was without new updates. Now run updates files and will test it.

Last edited:
Should be fixed with the updater, the default driver has not got the extra options. Thanks for testing.
Edit: Just checked it, and it works for me without changing device after restart.

I did not enable DrvCtrl 43 -- 24-ForceRtkMicEftV2 in the updater, but are using it currently.
I have enabled RtkMicEftV2 in the updater, so I guess that setting is needed.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_260.png
    Screenshot_260.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I will probably have to edit again the 'RTKHDAUD.dat', although as you said it's not important.

DrvCtrl 16 - 31-NoInternalSpkMic
DrvCtrl 39 - 19-NoInternalSpkr

Let me know if those changes make any effect.

1619685480462.png

I also found the above, maybe that helps with headphones.

Last edited:
@Ferather
Hello. You don't have this in the driver Inside the folder 'WIN10\APPS\UWP_Store\' you will find two .inf files, install them. How can I put dts ultra on Alan's mod? The link that you gave for the chipset 1200 is empty...

Attachments

• 1619696323965.png
    1619696323965.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 66
DTS DCH 6.0.9147.2 (Signed) - See post 1 here, for the download and guide. Added the above AEC changes, and SPDIF option.
Added DTS Settings, an optional download, which will disable-enable Interactive:X, and also setup HDMI-DP.

With Interactive:X off, SPDIF will enter 2 channel PCM mode, you can use spatial, so on.

----

@Zonder, See post 1 for the downloads, Alan should already have DTS:X Ultra working, no?

DTS DCH 6.0.9147.2 (Signed) - See post 1 here, for the download and guide. Added the above AEC changes, and SPDIF option.
Added DTS Settings, an optional download, which will disable-enable Interactive:X, and also setup HDMI-DP.

With Interactive:X off, SPDIF will enter 2 channel PCM mode, you can use spatial, so on.

----

@Zonder, See post 1 for the downloads, Alan should already have DTS:X
Can't you hear me? You have no path in the downloaded driver file-Inside the folder "WIN10\APPS\UWP_Store\" What files should I install there and how? Check it yourself
At Alan Dts ultra works but with an error - and it is necessary without an error.

Its just 'WIN10\APPS\' The appxbundles are now in a separate download. Right click the .inf and select install.

1619703131512.png

----

Presets and the preset updaters are in the link below, If you are using Potplayer, I suggest AVC.
If you are using the updater with another profile, make sure the APO folders are populated.

----

Edit: Forgot to say thanks everyone for testing the optional updates.

Last edited:
@Ferather Hello. The problems are the following when installing your driver: The Realtek panel was installed as usual without an equalizer and without dts. (when entering the code, the equalizer did not appear.) Ultra works, but not with all channels. When switching to 7.1. again, only two work and not 7. Alan's error is fixed and all 7 work with all the amplifiers.

You must have some underlying issue, did you fully remove all AFF extensions and other drivers using 'pnputil'? None of the problems you mentioned are in this driver.

1.png

----

Last edited:

Zitrish

Hi, @Ferather. First of all, thanks a lot for your work and help...

Secondly, I'm thinkin on buying a new SPDIF back plate bracket for my board as it has the onboard connector for it. The board is a Gigabyte Z170M-D3H which suppports the codec ALC892 and Im wondering which one of the drivers that you have uploaded would work best with my septup? Will your driver allow me to use DTS connect with games in order to get 5.1 sound?

I've been reading the entire thread but it's still no clear to me, I'm new in this topic. Sorry.

@Zitrish, The package contains 3 options, the main driver works with some 892's (there are 3 revisions), ALT1 works with all of them, as far as I know.
Yes it will give you 5.1 over SPDIF via DTS Interactive *, if you would like to upmix stereo to 5.1 - 7.1, I suggest E-APO.

* Upgraded to Interactive:X with some mods and object processing.

Last edited:

Zitrish

@Zitrish, The package contains 3 options, the main driver works with some 892's (there are 3 revisions), ALT1 works with all of them, as far as I know.
Yes it will give you 5.1 over SPDIF via DTS Interactive *, if you would like to upmix stereo to 5.1 - 7.1, I suggest E-APO.

* Upgraded to Interactive:X with some mods and object processing.

Thank you so much @Ferather. It's clear now!

Could you please recommend a driver that includes Dolby Digital Live?