• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop ribbon cable in the right way? Far enough in?

jordzie

Hi there I have asus strix gl703gs and I just replaced the motherboard and just went to connect the hardrive cable on the back of the board started it up and no hardrive.
The ribbon cable had this clamp mechanism lifted it up and couldn't push it in anymore. Also the gold connectors are face up at the moment and the only way it seemed to go in. Help! You can still see the gold connectors on the ribbon do you think I just try harder and take it back apart?
16209323882287766363154107801628.jpg
Screenshot_20210513-195715_Messenger.jpg

Hi there I have asus strix gl703gs and I just replaced the motherboard and just went to connect the hardrive cable on the back of the board started it up and no hardrive.
The ribbon cable had this clamp mechanism lifted it up and couldn't push it in anymore. Also the gold connectors are face up at the moment and the only way it seemed to go in. Help! You can still see the gold connectors on the ribbon do you think I just try harder and take it back apart?
The gold connectors should be facing down. Just make sure the laptop is off and the battery is out before working on it.
But I'm sure you know that already. :)

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Connectors in the Ribon clamp are on the motherboard side of clamp
so
The gold connectors should be facing down. Just make sure the laptop is off and the battery is out before working on it.
But I'm sure you know that already.

Hemmingstamp is referring to the ribbon​