• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Victoria 3

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
Paradox Interactive has finally announced the Victoria 3! It was quite exciting to see even the announcement trailer of Victoria 3, which we have been dreaming of for centuries. However, although we know little about the game at the moment, we know that wars, in general, are not the only thing that deeply affects the game. Generally politics, social events and economics will directly affect gameplay. So, it will be a game where we can play not just as a warmonger but also as a society builder.

Victoria is a game which I really love to play in the past, actually, I'm still playing the second game, and I wanted to share my excitement with you all!

I've included a few facts, screenshots, and a trailer about the first published developer diary below.

Features:
  • National Gardening: Building, shaping, tweaking and evolving your nation is the first and foremost focus of the game. Events outside your country’s borders can naturally affect your country in significant ways, but the game should never rely on war to provide the main source of enjoyment.
  • Diplomatic Eminence: War is a continuation of diplomacy, and everything that is achievable by war should also be achievable through diplomacy (even if that diplomacy sometimes comes at the point of a gun).
  • Everything is Political: Politics is at the heart of Victoria 3, and all major features should in some way tie back into the Pops and Interest Groups that form the core of the game’s politics.
  • Era of Change: The Victorian era was a time of immense change politically, technologically, culturally, militarily and socially, and these changes should be reflected in the experience of playing a campaign of Victoria 3.
Some Good Points About Victoria 3

"Our vision for Victoria 3 is to create what we call a ‘Society Sim’ - a game that is first and foremost about the internal workings of the 19th-century country that you are playing and how its society is shaped over the course of the game. Politics, Economy and Diplomacy are the three most important parts of the game - Wars are of course a part of the game (just as they were a part of the Victorian age), but Victoria 3 is *not* a wargame or a game about map painting."

"...that it’s most definitely a proper Victoria game - namely a game with a core focus on Economy, Politics and Internal Country Management and with the iconic Victoria Pop system not just included as a core mechanic but made even deeper than in either of its predecessors."

Screenshots can be found in the attachment.

Steam Page: Victoria 3 Steam Page

Announcement Trailer

Attachments

• Victoria-3-screenshot-1.jpg
    Victoria-3-screenshot-1.jpg
    611.2 KB · Views: 710
  • Victoria-3-screenshot-2.jpg
    Victoria-3-screenshot-2.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Victoria-3-screenshot-3.jpg
    Victoria-3-screenshot-3.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 589
  • Victoria-3-screenshot-4.jpg
    Victoria-3-screenshot-4.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 379
  • Victoria-3-screenshot-5.jpg
    Victoria-3-screenshot-5.jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I can't edit my first post, so I will share it via a new message. They share a screenshot for Pop Needs in Vickynomics.

Attachments

• Pop Needs.png
    Pop Needs.png
    385.1 KB · Views: 115
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Paradox Interactive released a PDF, which called The Art of Victoria. In this PDF there are some concept arts and detailed screenshots in-game. I added this pdf in the attachment.

Attachments

• The Art of Victoria.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 106
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Paradox Interactive released a new dev diary about Pops.

"Pops were introduced in the very first Victoria game to represent your country’s population. Pop mechanics have since snuck into other Paradox titles like Stellaris and Imperator. But this in-depth population simulation is what Victoria is about, and we’re going to bring you a system with more depth than ever before!"

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Cool! Is this was wiz has been working on since he left Stellaris?

Anyway I have never really played Vicky, might get into it. I haven't really clicked with CK3, possibly because I played a lot of CK2 (almost exclusively as Welsh lords for some reason), but I look forward to any PDX game.

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Cool! Is this was wiz has been working on since he left Stellaris?

Anyway I have never really played Vicky, might get into it. I haven't really clicked with CK3, possibly because I played a lot of CK2 (almost exclusively as Welsh lords for some reason), but I look forward to any PDX game.

I'm not actually sure about that "wiz" thingy. But, I'm very excited. Because waiting for the new one for years! There are lot's of new features, and I really like the idea of using social and political power than warmonger solutions. Victoria 2, especially, help to go with this way. By the way, here is the new video about the vision of the game.

System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
Not sure if I like it, Victoria 2 stood out to me from other Paradox games is because UI was quite comprehensive and learnable, but V3 seems to have taken some advice from Adobe and now it's incomprehensible just like Photoshop is. Anyway, I'm not sure why there's Vicky 3 at all. Vicky 2 was good and all it really needed are some performance optimizations and longer campaign as well as more national events, because only UK has proper set of events and other countries look quite generic, despite their rich history. Also I'm not sure why Casus Bellis are like that in Vicky 2, but it really needs an option to start a war for no other reason, because I said so. I'm also not so sure about making politics the main focus of the game, after all it tries to capture the era of crazy imperialism, when great powers wanted to annex as much land as possible and rule the world.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I'm not actually sure about that "wiz" thingy. But, I'm very excited. Because waiting for the new one for years! There are lot's of new features, and I really like the idea of using social and political power than warmonger solutions. Victoria 2, especially, help to go with this way. By the way, here is the new video about the vision of the game.

He was project lead on Stellaris and left to work on a "mystery project". Many, and me, guessed it was Vicky 3 but I had kinda hoped for a new IP...