• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Valve to Appear at E3 PC Gaming Show

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Valve, the company behind the Steam gaming platform, will be making an appearance at this year's E3 gaming event. The E3 is taking a form of a virtual trade event this year, which is standard for all of the previous events we had in the past, like Computex 2021. The special appearance this year will come from Valve. According to PC Gamer, Valve will have something to share, more specifically a "message regarding Steam". Usually, Valve doesn't make a lot of appearances at E3 and is not considered a regular there, so this year's E3 show will have the honor to host the company at the PC Gaming Show. This means that we are getting a possibly big announcement from Valve.

The current rumors are suggesting that the company wants to present the SteamPal, a Switch-like portable gaming console that aims to bring gaming on the go, powered by Valve. The exact details of what is to be presented will be unveiled on Sunday, June 13 at 2:30 PM PST / 5:30 PM EST and we will be sure to report about the happenings at E3, so stay tuned for more details.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

If it can allow other game clients on a win 10 desktop, the likes of GPD, but at higher quality, it'd be nice.
So I can play Diablo 3 at work.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
this is interesting, so i wonder if i can like run games off my gtx 1070 laptop, feed them over wifi to the steam switch-like console - similar to nvidia shield... that could be interesting. cause my laptop is noisy as crap.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Why arn't they showing what everyone actually wants to see?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Why arn't they showing what everyone actually wants to see?

I think Gabe talked about it once, I could be wrong but it was something along the lines of, doesn't matter what they do for HL3 it simply won't be able to live up to the hype and it will prob effect reviews of it. I see what he means really, humans do have a bad habit of getting overly hyped about stuff and taking it out of context when it arrives. Take Biomutant for example, this game looks great, the combat is intuitive, but has horrible reviews. Yet every friend I have that played it said they like it.

I think peoples expectations are just weird, from a psychological perspective.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
I think Gabe talked about it once, I could be wrong but it was something along the lines of, doesn't matter what they do for HL3 it simply won't be able to live up to the hype and it will prob effect reviews of it. I see what he means really, humans do have a bad habit of getting overly hyped about stuff and taking it out of context when it arrives. Take Biomutant for example, this game looks great, the combat is intuitive, but has horrible reviews. Yet every friend I have that played it said they like it.

I think peoples expectations are just weird, from a psychological perspective.
So check this out the @finalhours tweeted "THREE DAYS." and quickly deleted it the other day. Tyler McVicker tweeted about it here. If you haven't watched it then you need to, check it out here. Half-Life: Alyx is amazing I can't wait for more.