• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cryptocoin Value and Market Trend Discussion

As this discussion topic keeps coming up in other threads it seemed wise to give this particular aspect of cryptocoins a thread to call home. The focus and scope of this thread is to track the values and market trends of cryptocoins of all varieties. Please limit discussion to that topic focus. Other cryptocoin related discussion likely belongs in the General Cryptocoin Discussion thread. Have fun and let's remember to be friendly and civilized!

Last edited:
System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Motherboard MSI X299 Xpower Gaming AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + Second Fan
Memory G.Skill 64GB @3200MHz XMP
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix RTX 3090 24GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus; 2TB Corsair Force MP600; 2TB Samsung PM981a
Display(s) Dell U4320Q; LG 43MU79-B
Case Corsair A540
Audio Device(s) Creative Lab SoundBlaster ZX-R
Power Supply EVGA G2 1300
Mouse Logitech MK550
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum XT Brown Switches
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 - 6910; FireStrike Ultra - 13241; TimeSpy Extreme - 10067; Port Royal - 13855
I did quite a bit of research recently, and from what I can see, crypto is not going away. Ever. It is too late now and it will be here to stay. Too many big players, banks, companies, hedge fund are already in it, and collectively they won't let it fail. The only roadblock would be government intervention but I think it won't derail it completely. Wife asked me to invest 1-2% of the portfolio into crypto when it crashed (she is a green environmentalist, so go figure :rolleyes:), so I did transfer some money and will do so when it crashes. Studying the pattern it seems bitter coin does not drop below $30k so that is probably when I will go in. I only look for 10-15% profit, then I will put a stop sell on it. If it starts dropping again I will sell. In others word, I will be just flipping it, and rinse and repeat. I don't think bitter coin can breach $40k again for several months at least.

This will be a very high risk investment for me, but only 1-2% of my portfolio and I am looking for quick profit. Rinse and repeat. Bitter coin and Ethereum both seem to be on this 10-20% drop and then rebound lately.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
I did quite a bit of research recently, and from what I can see, crypto is not going away. Ever. It is too late now and it will be here to stay. Too many big players, banks, companies, hedge fund are already in it, and collectively they won't let it fail. The only roadblock would be government intervention but I think it won't derail it completely. Wife asked me to invest 1-2% of the portfolio into crypto when it crashed (she is a green environmentalist, so go figure :rolleyes:), so I did transfer some money and will do so when it crashes. Studying the pattern it seems bitter coin does not drop below $30k so that is probably when I will go in. I only look for 10-15% profit, then I will put a stop sell on it. If it starts dropping again I will sell. In others word, I will be just flipping it, and rinse and repeat. I don't think bitter coin can breach $40k again for several months at least.

This will be a very high risk investment for me, but only 1-2% of my portfolio and I am looking for quick profit. Rinse and repeat. Bitter coin and Ethereum both seem to be on this 10-20% drop and then rebound lately.

Just a suggestion but, put trend channels on BTC. If you are going to buy, buy at the bottom of the channel. Sell at the top. If it breaks the channel, you know the trend has changed either good or bad and can stop loss if it is declining or hang on if it is rising outside the trend lines.

Short term I think it will fall. Medium term, I'm thinking it will go higher than now. Longer term, I think BTC has much further to fall in the next year.

Short term trend :

1623460649672.png

Medium term projection :

1623461402774.png

30 min chart showing BTC at the top of the daily and hourly trend channels drawn above :

1623461493634.png

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
RandallFlagg...

Your medium term projection chart...:).

Has the upper trendline on that channel you've drawn really developed a strong enough secondary point to call that a channel? I'm not seeing it. Second, this market has fallen to the primary breakout point from late January 2021. Seems like a normal BTTB, or back to the breakout correction and volume is drying up. If I was still trading markets, I'd be buying this area for a trade with a stop just below 30k. It's what happens at the next peak that would matter to me.

From my perspective...twin peaks around 55k and I'd be long gone. Lastly...you're using a 5 wave pattern which usually signifies that you believe were not in just a pullback...or a-b-c correction, correct? Are you using elliott wave? If you'd point out which method of analysis you're using it would be easier to follow along.

From my perspective...If we do five waves(in a retest of the lows)..we're truncating the fifth and holding 30k. Why? Because the "average complete" decline of BTC has been 48% or so from the very beginning and even in 1929, the first wave of the crash was the same percentage...expecting more than 48% seems a little...much? Perhaps a counter-trend bounce is in order?

Your longer term projection? I'm very much in agreement.

With all of that said...I am enjoying your posting of charts...please continue to do so.

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool

Last edited:
System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
RandallFlagg...

Your medium term projection chart...:).

Has the upper trendline on that channel you've drawn really developed a strong enough secondary point to call that a channel? I'm not seeing it. Second, this market has fallen to the primary breakout point from late January 2021. Seems like a normal BTTB, or back to the breakout correction and volume is drying up. If I was still trading markets, I'd be buying this area for a trade with a stop just below 30k. It's what happens at the next peak that would matter to me.

From my perspective...twin peaks around 55k and I'd be long gone. Lastly...you're using a 5 wave pattern which usually signifies that you believe were not in just a pullback...or a-b-c correction, correct? Are you using elliott wave? If you'd point out which method of analysis you're using it would be easier to follow along.

From my perspective...If we do five waves(in a retest of the lows)..we're truncating the fifth and holding 30k. Why? Because the "average complete" decline of BTC has been 48% or so from the very beginning and even in 1929, the first wave of the crash was the same percentage...expecting more than 48% seems a little...much? Perhaps a counter-trend bounce is in order?

Your longer term projection? I'm very much in agreement.

With all of that said...I am enjoying your posting of charts...please continue to do so.

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool

In this forum, I'm trying to keep it simple. Yes, that's an Elliott Wave pattern - and it's also a Dow Theory pattern 3 legs down with 2 counter trend moves - implying that this is a large impulsive wave down and not a complete corrective, or to Dow Theory - that this is the primary trend.

However, I'm not just assuming that it is not an A-B-C corrective, I'm using some other methods mostly revolving around momentum indicators like RSI / MACD. I've read Rhea's The Dow Theory, and Prechters "The Elliott Wave Principle". I will say, I don't much care for Prechter's group. They are kind of a cult, so I take Elliott Waves with a huge grain of salt. The patterns are fractal but they are also infinite, but some patterns are more common than others and I look for those.

Having said that, the 5-wave impulse is not just an Elliott Wave. It's also part of Dow Theory. What's more, if you traded much at all, impulse waves appear all the time at all degrees of trend and they tend to have certain characteristics. The middle is the strongest part, which can be seen on momentum indicators. Finding the bottom or top of a 5 wave, is a matter of finding momentum divergences and determining how far from the 50 line they are at various time frames.

Internals of correctives - nah, I've never seen anyone who could figure those out. This is where trend channels come in.

My favorite method is very simple and one that Richard Russell put forth on thedowtheory.com That is simple trend lines, and a break of the trend lines has to be >3% of the total value of whatever it is you're looking at to be meaningful. That's for longer term investments ofc. Using their method, a BTC owner would have exited this market in Mid-April at around 55K.

If I were to use that method here, at this moment the trend line I have on daily is about 38000 so a buy signal would be at 39140, I'd call it >39200.

And you're right those trend lines may not work out, but I just comment two things. Trend lines can be redrawn when more information is available, however they provide discipline, which was really my point. Without a plan, you got nothing but feelings, and as you said in another post the market feeds on people who trade on feelings.

The other thing is, if you truly draw a trend line 'correctly' then the pattern is usually almost over. This makes them useless for many people as the trend is about to be broken the moment you can identify it 'correctly'.

You can, however, use a combination patterns and momentum indicators to identify the important price points, which is what I've tried to do here. i.e., the "3" or middle is the strongest move, and the expectation is a momentum divergence on the "5" or last wave.

Here's the current trend line chart, I added the slope divergence on RSI / MACD.

The black line is from the daily chart, the purple trend lines are from hourly Let's see if those trend lines signify something when they're broken, keeping in mind Russell's 3% rule for the daily. The lower daily channel is pretty low though ;)

1623469374038.png

Just a suggestion but, put trend channels on BTC. If you are going to buy, buy at the bottom of the channel. Sell at the top. If it breaks the channel, you know the trend has changed either good or bad and can stop loss if it is declining or hang on if it is rising outside the trend lines.

Short term I think it will fall. Medium term, I'm thinking it will go higher than now. Longer term, I think BTC has much further to fall in the next year.

Short term trend :

View attachment 203471

Medium term projection :

View attachment 203473

30 min chart showing BTC at the top of the daily and hourly trend channels drawn above :

View attachment 203474
Yeah, this is what I'm seeing. Trog might be right, prices may very well settle higher than they were 18months ago.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
This is at 5 minute scale, it's zoomed in, showing what I believe is a nearly complete 5-wave pattern down on BTC.

This is more or less what I think the big *daily* chart will look like in the short term, staggering down with less and less downward momentum and then a reversal, upwards 'counter trend' move. That's the 19-22k target range, though target range is just an educated guess - the momentum divergence and trend lines will tell us when it happens. All it really needs to do right now is meet or slightly exceed its recent low, to make a complete impulse wave down.

1623476579762.png

What fundamentals are there in different crypto to consider? Other than who will buy in after me and be the bag holder?

Can't see the past entire thing simply being a technology obfuscated pyramid scheme. New entrants come via social media and covid stimulus provided the recent catalyst.

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
if you traded much at all

I was a professional trader for a couple of decades, then I moved on to managing Trusts/Foundations until I retired in 2010. I'm also familiar with Dow Theory, our office had a subscription to the Letters for quite a few years. We enjoyed Richards writing, but never used his methods of Analysis. We had our own in house method which primarily relied on Patterned Analysis & Behavioral Psychology combined with something akin to using cycles...even going there, might be a little over the top for a tech forum. Although, I will mention none of us used indicators.

As a previous instructor of Technical Analysis..."Trendlines can be redrawn when more information is available" brought a smile to my face. Thanks.

I agree with your analysis of Prechter's group...although, the word that came to my mind was...creepy...and while I usually avoid them altogether...I do remember them for their strict adherance to rules.

I'm an artist type...I don't do well with rules.

Again, enjoy viewing the charts. I look forward to seeing the "Pattern" as it unfolds...

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Video Card(s) Zotac 4080 w.c.
Storage 2TB Kingston kc3k
Display(s) Gigabyte 34" Curved
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Cool n Quiet.
put trend channels on BTC

So I would really like to know if your Trendlines could have predicted BTC falling to $3.5K last year and then rocketing to $64K this year. Could your charts have picked that up?

Also, I was Just wondering why you guys are predicting that BTC has no end value? Like saying its a "Bubble" for instance.

I would just like to say this:
I was reading something very interesting one day. It was all about a guy who said that he was trying to promote/talk about BTC at some conferences stipulating that the technology was fantastic and everybody said he was crazy. That was a few years ago now. That same guy was the same person trying to promote the Internet way back in 1995 and the same thing happened. Everybody said he was mad.

Edit: Unsure which thread this belongs in now..??

Last edited:
System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
well bitcoin and eth has just taken a smallish 5% dip.. one that caught me by surprise i wasnt expecting it..

eth is doing slightly less well than bitcoin.. altcoins are crashing..

are we gonna have another go at going below that 30K level ??.. f-cked if i know but the recent little dip did surprise me.. i was expect it to go higher not lower..

my nicehash mining returns are also looking pretty abysmal.. he he..

did we peak at 64K ??.. i hope not but maybe we did.. time will tell..

trog

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
well bitcoin and eth has just taken a smallish 5% dip.. one that caught me by surprise i wasnt expecting it..

eth is doing slightly less well than bitcoin.. altcoins are crashing..

are we gonna have another go at going below that 30K level ??.. f-cked if i know but the recent little dip did surprise me.. i was expect it to go higher not lower..

my nicehash mining returns are also looking pretty abysmal.. he he..

did we peak at 64K ??.. i hope not but maybe we did.. time will tell..

trog

convert it to USDT and then buy back BTC when it drops further. I would do that but I have my BTC, ADA and others staked so nothing I can do but accept the dip.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
convert it to USDT and then buy back BTC when it drops further. I would do that but I have my BTC, ADA and others staked so nothing I can do but accept the dip.

i cant be arsed to mess about i just hold what i have and add to my bitcoin stash via nicehash mining.. i do closely follow what is going on and like to think my predictions are as good as any..

i am in it long term and still think long term the only way is up.. short term who knows cos i dont and thats for sure.. he he

trog

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
i cant be arsed to mess about i just hold what i have and add to my bitcoin stash via nicehash mining.. i do closely follow what is going on and like to think my predictions are as good as any..

i am in it long term and still think long term the only way is up.. short term who knows cos i dont and thats for sure.. he he

trog

I just converted what I had into USDT in Nicehash (about $160 CAD from about 5 days mining) and waiting till BTC goes down to about $40K if it does, then I will convert back to BTC as I should get a bit more BTC back.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
I just converted what I had into USDT in Nicehash (about $160 CAD from about 5 days mining) and waiting till BTC goes down to about $40K if it does, then I will convert back to BTC as I should get a bit more BTC back.
I believe USDC may be a better choice in the future. It's got the same stable coin nature and you earn a small return on it to match inflation, like interest at a bank.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
So I would really like to know if your Trendlines could have predicted BTC falling to $3.5K last year and then rocketing to $64K this year. Could your charts have picked that up?

Also, I was Just wondering why you guys are predicting that BTC has no end value? Like saying its a "Bubble" for instance.

I would just like to say this:
I was reading something very interesting one day. It was all about a guy who said that he was trying to promote/talk about BTC at some conferences stipulating that the technology was fantastic and everybody said he was crazy. That was a few years ago now. That same guy was the same person trying to promote the Internet way back in 1995 and the same thing happened. Everybody said he was mad.

Edit: Unsure which thread this belongs in now..??

Trend lines do not tell you price targets, and I never said they did. They are there to identify a change in trend. They also tell you where within current trend the price action is, and give you a probability of a downwards move if price is at the top of the trend channel or up if it is at the bottom.

This is all they do, they don't provide price targets. You need more sophisticated techniques to find price targets, and I've said before I don't like price targets but they are popular because that is what everyone wants.

I will tell you, my 19-22K price target is based on the 5-wave impulse pattern, where wave 5 = wave 1 in price movement. I will also say, 5=1 is probably around 20% likely - but it is a lot more likely than anything else. It also just so happens, that 19-20K is the top of the 2017 BTC market, so you have a natural support line there too.

But really, all the wave 5 has to do is touch the recent low which is around 34K. Moreover, wave 5 can and often is = wave 3 in length. IF that were to happen, BTC would be sub $10000 at the bottom.

So really what you have, is a 5 wave complete somewhere between about 9K and 34K. I would say that is about 80%+ probable right now. That is a big range, you don't tell the market what to do though you let it tell you what it is doing, and trend channels help you interpret that.

This is why you need trend lines, to know when to go long, when to go short, and most importantly - when you are wrong and to minimize losses. It's that simple.

System Name TheReactor / HTPC
Processor AMD 7800x3d 5050Mhz / Intel 10700kf (5.1ghz All Core)
Motherboard ASrock x670e Taichi / ROG Strix z490-e gaming
Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz DDR5 / 32GB G.Skill 3400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090ti / Nvidia 2080ti
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen 5 / Samsung Evo 2Tb
Display(s) Acer Predator xb271hu - 2560x1440 @144hz
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair Gaming k70
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Picked up some more during the dip last night.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
Here is the bullish case, daily chart.

The daily trend lines sit around 10-15K at the bottom and ~36k at the top.

The RSI at the bottom, 50 is the midpoint, this is an indicator of momentum. It has been below 50 for some time, but is trending up meaning less negative momentum. This is a momentum divergence. It needs to get above 50 for most of the days it is charting for the market to start going up. It is currently very near that 50 line, I think it has one more good pop down - probably hitting the purple trend line on the RSI chart - soon and then it will be solidly above 50.

So I don't think that it will hit the lower trend line on the price chart, but it can. I think it will find a lot of support around 20K.

1623520725318.png

Market trend. No idea, hopefully up in a week.

Coin value, crypto value is whatever you can buy or sell it for. As anything else on this planet.

Value of stuff is for how much is someone willing to buy it.

If you make a good photo, offer it for 10k USD and someone buys it, then it had at least value of 10k. Same applies to everything.

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
Here is the bullish case, daily chart.

I really appreciate your charts and I am trying to understand them but unfortunately for me I have not been into trading very long (if at all) but I can tell you I think it's going down as I'm seeing less and less buying power with lower highs. I suppose you could say I am short.

Are you a firm believer of the Death Cross that is vastly approaching? It doesn't seem to bode well for BTC history says.

Thanks.

Last edited:
System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
I really appreciate your charts and I am trying to understand them but unfortunately for me I have not been into trading very long (if at all) but I can tell you I think it's going down as I'm seeing less and less buying power with lower highs. I suppose you could say I am short.

Are you a firm believer of the Death Cross that is vastly approaching? It doesn't seem to bode well for BTC history says.

Thanks.

The crossing of the 50 and 200 DMA?

Just remember, no market moves in a straight line. BTC will rally eventually, it might even be from people who are short covering, taking profits, doesn't really matter what starts it though. A rally will create a small self-reinforcing feedback loop and people will jump in, afraid of 'missing out'.

As far as price action - yes it is in a downward trend right now but the downward momentum is waning. i.e. the buyers are slowly gaining traction. The longer it stays in this price band of 30-37K, the more likely it is to rally.

Those trend lines I drew, they don't have much life left in them. Usually the lines are hit 2, 3, or 5 times. The 1hr trend lines I drew the top has been hit 3 times and the bottom twice.

Last edited:

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
Yes. Any input or is it all BS?

Thanks again.

Taken alone I think it is BS. In fact, most indicators taken alone are BS ;)

Back test it, look at the NASDAQ for example, with 50 and 200 MA on a daily chart. Price crossing the 50 and then 200DMA is actually more meaningful. But the 50 and 200 crossing in a bearish way, that has happened on an uptrend.

This is the one most people refer to - supposedly it would have saved one from the 2008 crash. But, a simple rule of selling on a >3% price drop below the 200DMA would have done that too.

There are 3 death crosses here, two of them would have incurred losses.

1623550424468.png

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Case Corsair 460X