• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Aqua Computer LEAKSHIELD

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
insert frodo "witchcraft" gif here.

but more seriously, that is pretty damn amazing and impressive, makes one almost want to purposely make leaks like in the video/gif just to see the device in action.

also, maybe I missed it, but if not intergrated would it not be a smart idea to integrate a temperature and flowrate sensor in there as well? just get all of that info from one unit?

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
If installed in a soft tube system, will a simple squeeze on the tubing trigger the alarm ?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
insert frodo "witchcraft" gif here.

but more seriously, that is pretty damn amazing and impressive, makes one almost want to purposely make leaks like in the video/gif just to see the device in action.

also, maybe I missed it, but if not intergrated would it not be a smart idea to integrate a temperature and flowrate sensor in there as well? just get all of that info from one unit?
Ideally you want as few things between the pressure sensor and the air blanket above the coolant, so having these elsewhere is better.

If installed in a soft tube system, will a simple squeeze on the tubing trigger the alarm ?
No, you aren't changing the overall state of the system. But also you need to make sure that the alarm system settings aren't trigger happy anyway so it's not going to be a problem once that's done.

System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X PLUS
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB, &2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 34GP950G-B
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Some Schiit with Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker TH80 SE (Silent Red switches)
Software W11Pro
Overpriced and complicated. I'll stick with the bicycle pump and pressure gauge for leak testing. And in my experience leaks tend to happen before I add the coolant.

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
Overpriced and complicated. I'll stick with the bicycle pump and pressure gauge for leak testing. And in my experience leaks tend to happen before I add the coolant.
It is not simple leak testing thingy.
It is a live monitoring system which will actively detecting the pressure of fluid
And when there is a crack / seal broken, it will try to avoid leakage of fluid by making the entire loop little bit negative pressurized.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Neat, especially the leakshield/pump/res combo:

€300 for a pump/res combo that can potentially save the death of a $3000 GPU is nothing to sniff at, in an attractive package. You're going to be paying more than half that just for a decent pump/res combo anyway so for anyone invested in a custom loop and the hardware worth using a custom loop on, this is pretty much a bargain.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Ah I didn't even know there are reservoir SKUs for sale too, but makes perfect sense.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Looks like a really smart and impressive device, but man, that review ... parts of it read like pure advertising. Sorry to say this, but passages like this make me rather queasy.
See that beautiful build using Aqua Computer products? It does look nice with a watercooled CPU and GPU, and one of the company's fancy ULTITUBE D5 reservoirs. I am sure the company did leak testing using its own Dr. Drop kit, which is similar to many other DIY air-based solutions but not the most elegant. Somewhere along the lines, an Aqua Computer personnel must have thought they can do better. What if there were an easier way to monitor a DIY loop for leaks and have it be a permanent part of the loop with an integrated display for monitoring, say as a replacement lid for the reservoir as seen above? What if said way could integrate with the company's extensive aquasuite software to also trigger an alarm and shut down the PC automatically? Now imagine that same thing managing to go one step further by actually mitigating leaks too. This is a fantastic example of needing to see it to believe it as we cover the Aqua Computer LEAKSHIELD today, and thanks to the company for sending a review sample to TechPowerUp!
I mean, that is advertorial-level product salesmanship. I don't see any notice of this being paid content, which makes me seriously wonder why a review editor feels the need to gush about the ingenious nature of various other products from the same brand (including store links!) when these have zero direct relation to the review at hand, while conspicuously not mentioning competitors offering products similar to those mentioned (not the one reviewed, which seems quite unique). This is pretty disturbing.

The rest of the review mostly seems fine, but stuff like that has no place in a purportedly unbiased product review, even if the editor really likes the product and/or brand.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Looks like a really smart and impressive device, but man, that review ... parts of it read like pure advertising. Sorry to say this, but passages like this make me rather queasy.

I mean, that is advertorial-level product salesmanship. I don't see any notice of this being paid content, which makes me seriously wonder why a review editor feels the need to gush about the ingenious nature of various other products from the same brand (including store links!) when these have zero direct relation to the review at hand, while conspicuously not mentioning competitors offering products similar to those mentioned (not the one reviewed, which seems quite unique). This is pretty disturbing.

The rest of the review mostly seems fine, but stuff like that has no place in a purportedly unbiased product review, even if the editor really likes the product and/or brand.
The first page in my reviews is basically PR stuff with specs, it is from page 2 that I have my own critique of everything beginning with packaging. I don't see anything wrong with that para either, especially with the intention to add in some context to the brand since the last review was 4 years ago, but I get what you are talking about and will keep it in mind for the future.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I love the concept, but paying for software after 12 months?

No.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member

No.
Yup, one of my pet peeves as well. To clarify- you dont have to pay for the software to use it, you just don't get any updates.

Update: Turns out it will actually be 18 months, not 12. My sample came in before the 18 months was finalized.

Shoggy

Aqua Computer Rep
This is no subscription! You can use the software as long as you want without any limitations. You only pay for the updates and if you see what can be done with aquasuite (in general, not just this product) you will also understand why it is impossible to maintain this software for free.

You know what people do when they see leak to their system, right? Turn off the power.
Imagine what happens with the vacuum then :)

There is probably no product more German in the water cooling industry than this. So much overkill. So little use.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
You know what people do when they see leak to their system, right? Turn off the power.
Imagine what happens with the vacuum then :)

There is probably no product more German in the water cooling industry than this. So much overkill. So little use.
That's why I mentioned it's best to connect it to a USB port that can provide power even if the system is turned off. But yes, it is one of the common sense things to be aware of.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
The first page in my reviews is basically PR stuff with specs, it is from page 2 that I have my own critique of everything beginning with packaging. I don't see anything wrong with that para either, especially with the intention to add in some context to the brand since the last review was 4 years ago, but I get what you are talking about and will keep it in mind for the future.
Yeah, I know those pages typically contain PR, but it tends to be framed as an introduction to the company and/or product line (e.g. "Company X was founded by H.R. Gieger and has been producing water cooling components since 1973. They are perhaps most known for their yaoi-themed tube fittings, but have in recent years been branching out into other markets such as soft robots.") in a reasonably neutral-positive, passive and impersonal tone. It's typically dry and boring but informative - exactly how it ought to be, really. This is the first time I've seen tone and use of language like what I quoted above in an introduction like that, which is a major departure from the norm. Overly positive adjectives? Yep. ("Beautiful", "sure looks nice".) Personalizing, humanizing, narratively framed language? Also that. ("I am sure the company did[...]", "Somewhere along the lines, an Aqua Computer personnel must have thought they can do better.") Enticing, mysterious turns of phrase like "needing to see it to believe it"? Check. Speculative, "trust me on this" wording? Check. ("I am sure[...]", "[they] must have thought".) Word choice, framing and tone do a lot to the content of what is conveyed, so it's great to hear that you'll keep this in mind going forward. I also agree it's crucial to a review to provide relevant context about the product and company behind it (and I also think this is a really cool and clever product, if a niche one), but that presentation just skews far too much towards pure advertising for my tastes.

That's why I mentioned it's best to connect it to a USB port that can provide power even if the system is turned off. But yes, it is one of the common sense things to be aware of.
Normally people pull the cord or flip the PSU switch in panic instead of holding down the power button for soft power off, don't you think?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
This is no subscription! You can use the software as long as you want without any limitations. You only pay for the updates and if you see what can be done with aquasuite (in general, not just this product) you will also understand why it is impossible to maintain this software for free.
No, i see issues because us tech people hoard products for years, and even decades.
Products like this are essentially disposable the moment you attach a timebomb like that, because what if you dont release any updates? What if i want to keep using it for a decade like my 4770k system i handed off to my dad with nothing more than a change of thermal paste?

I can see why people who would build a cool system every 2 years might not care, but those of us in it for the long haul see that as a massive red flag - i'm not buying any product that says ' software updates are optional DLC'

As to the two comments above mine, i would assume it goes into warning mode if it can contain the leak, and shuts down if it cannot

Shoggy

Aqua Computer Rep
No, i see issues because us tech people hoard products for years, and even decades.
Products like this are essentially disposable the moment you attach a timebomb like that, because what if you dont release any updates? What if i want to keep using it for a decade like my 4770k system i handed off to my dad with nothing more than a change of thermal paste?
It is clear that you have not understand the concept of the paid update service. The way how we do it IS your insurance to receive updates for many years to come unlike 99% of the other consumer hardware that receives one or two updates after the release and then never ever again. Software development and maintaining is an expensive thing.

Let's take our aquaero 5 for example: this device was released 10 years ago and still receives updates. The evolution and added functionality that the software has gone through in these 10 years is insane. We have industrial customers who use the aquasuite software for just a few functions that other software developers wanted to charge them five-figure sums for.

I am pretty sure everyone who has an older mobile phone knows the problem that at some point you no longer receive updates. What if you could pay a small amount and receives update for many more years? This is how we work. Unlike other companies we do not cut the support after one or two years and force you to purchase a new product to receive the latest features.

You should be happy that we offer this option and there is also no one who forces you to have continuously updates. You could also wait and just do an update if in a few years the software receives a new feature that you are highly interested in.

The funny thing here is always: if we would do it like almost every other company and just offer support for a very limited time frame (which you pretty much never know before!), no one would care because we are used to this system. Now you can have updates for like forever but have to pay for it, everyone gets upset.

Let's say a new gaming mouse enters the market and comes with no information at all on the updates: everyone is happy. If after a year it receives no more updates it is as it is and nobody cares. If they claim right from the start there will be only one year of support and afterwards never again, it would cause a massive shit storm, even though it is not really different to the first scenario because in the end nothing has changed for the customer.
Now comes our system where you have to pay for later updates BUT you can be sure that you have the option for an update in the far far future.

So tell me, which variant do you think is better for you as the customer? No support at all after a year or many years of support but for a reasonable price?

Last edited:

Kurgan321

As a long term user of Aqua Computer products I would like to see some backward compatibility with the Aqualis reservoirs since I own 3 of them. It would be rather expensive and time consuming to upgrade them.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Idly, I wonder if this will work with the Alphacool Eisball and Eisstation pump-res combo units. Sure, it'll be a bit dorky having a UFO hovering over the two, or if they will have a rectangular/square variant, but I like the relative compactness of the two.

Same goes for the more rectangular/tubed-rectangular Reservoirs (Heatkiller Tube, Alphacool Eisbecher, Corsair Hydro X, etc).