• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

jdime6

Hey
I'm having some troubles with my audio. I've installed AAF and the Realtek console shows that I have the correct devices available and the correct jacks are highlighted. My problem is that Windows doesn't detect anything and reports that I have no 'audio output devices installed'.

Attachments

• 122076081-e974b980-ce3d-11eb-957b-4a47c7c0dc77.png
    122076081-e974b980-ce3d-11eb-957b-4a47c7c0dc77.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 158
On my mobo - In a HDA mode - AAF Driver works well! On my notebook - In a HDA mode - AAF drivers works well! In a SST mode - in a my mobo all works well. In a notebook - in a SST mode - AAF drivers works well. DTS X - not work in a SST mode. Waves Audio Pro not work in a HDA mode. Only work in a SST mode. Fix it please - in next release

System Name Snk3 PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport AT Gray 2x8GB 2666MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Storage Crucial BX500 SSD 240GB + Western Digital HDD 3TB + XrayDisk NVME 256GB
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933 AS Snow + OneOdio A71 + Samsung HT-C550
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 PRO 21H1
I finally managed to install DTS Interactive APO (not the patched), now my HT is working as it should do. I installed only realtek legacy with DTS decoder APO, Creative SB 360° and ASIO.

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
I will release version 9175 of the mod driver tomorrow.

Fair enough, not sure what APO its for, or if its an internal fix. I am just sticking to the DTS updates as the Realtek it comes with should contain necessary changes-updates.
Also, the retail Sound Unbound is quite a bit better than the older self licensing one, for me the audio quality has improved with no changes.

Robits

This driver will be perfect if it had Dolby for Headphones with the Dolby Access app.

Last edited:
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9175.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB
OPEN SOURCE CODE

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

If Dolby Atmos again insists not to install, here are the packages for installation.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

dragoonxx

Alright- wondering if i'm:
A) just blind and can't find it
B) it doesnt work
C) there's no better solution...

the only way i've been able to get these drivers to output to both speakers and headphones (devices plugged into the back of the computer and front panel) at the same time is to have internal stereo mixing point to the driver, and then output to another source- but that seems like a real awkward workaround solution. am i missing some setting somewhere that was in regular realtek drivers to have one output not be disabled by the other?
realtek ALC1220 and ALC892/ALC897 (two different systems)

SiZhao

Can Dolby access app be enhanced like DTS: x? Because it has a trial period

Yes you can buy license from MS Store for Dolby Access to remove trial. It doesn't matter which motherboard you have and you can take your license to your next computer also (and it also uses the same license for the Xbox, should you have an Xbox and want to use Dolby Atmos for Headphones there).

Alan Hello. Make Driver Pack for notebook on Intel proccesors work too with SST and Waves Pro Audio please.Thanks

MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB
OPEN SOURCE CODE

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

If Dolby Atmos again insists not to install, here are the packages for installation.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Fix please your driver pack for DTS and Waves Pro Audio and other audio enchacers. Thanks for Your Work Alan

mcswizzle

Using Windows 10 21H1's newest update broke my existing install. I'll need to find out what release I was on previously, however it had 5 channel support for my motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 ATX Motherboard. After the OS updated I had to reinstall the basic Windows Realtek drivers to get sound back. I uninstalled the base driver, uninstalled all other bits as instructed with DriverStoreExplorer, rebooted, then installed the latest AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9172.1 (Signed) release. Unfortunately 6.0.9172.1 does not have multi-channel support for formats that my receiver supports anymore. I have a Pioneer HTS-GS1 Surround Sound System, using SPDIF optical out.

I'd love to get 5.1 support working, as the AAF drivers are the only ones I've found that typically don't cause headache with getting this set up right for my HTPC.

Thanks for all the great releases and support!

Edit: Based on my downloaded installers, it looks like AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9079.1 was the last one that was functional for me. Sorry MS went and screwed it all up with this update :(
Just wanted to note that I'm still having this issue with the latest drivers released yesterday, AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9175.1 (Signed), both with the Legacy and Universal drivers.

I can't seem to get anything other than 2-channel functioning properly in applications, whereas I know S/PDIF does support 5.1 as it was working before the latest Windows 21H1 update. I am not able to find the settings that TheDoctorTash recommends, but also this is not a problem with just browsers, but the audio device usage throughout the OS.

Oddly though, when I go to the "Supported Formats" tab of "Additional Device Properties" in Windows (Win key -> "Sound Settings" -> Device Properties -> "Additional Device Properties" on the right -> Supported Formats tab) and click Dolby Digital and then Test, I get sound in all 5.1 channels, starting with the subwoofer and moving from Front Left speaker all the way around to Rear Surround Left speaker, each speaker only making sounds for its specific channel test. This tells me the system and the driver currently should support 5.1 functionally, but in terms of what the OS being told out output by applications, it is adhering to the the 2-channel, 16 bit option selected under the Advanced tab, shown in the screenshot.

Any assistance on what I'm possibly installing or not installing that would allow me to get that 5.1 option would be great. My home theater setup is sad without its 5.1 configuration.

Edit: I finally went back to a download from January, AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9079.1. This release had the colorful AAF splash while the installer was loading. This release, using the Legacy drivers with the both DDL and DTS drivers, works perfectly. See the second screenshot for proof.

Thanks for any and all help in investigating this!

Attachments

• AAF DTS shows only 2 channel.png
    AAF DTS shows only 2 channel.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 150
  • AAF 5.1 AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9079.1.png
    AAF 5.1 AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9079.1.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
System Name Snk3 PC
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
Just wanted to note that I'm still having this issue with the latest drivers released yesterday, AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9175.1 (Signed), both with the Legacy and Universal drivers.

I can't seem to get anything other than 2-channel functioning properly in applications, whereas I know S/PDIF does support 5.1 as it was working before the latest Windows 21H1 update. I am not able to find the settings that TheDoctorTash recommends, but also this is not a problem with just browsers, but the audio device usage throughout the OS.

Oddly though, when I go to the "Supported Formats" tab of "Additional Device Properties" in Windows (Win key -> "Sound Settings" -> Device Properties -> "Additional Device Properties" on the right -> Supported Formats tab) and click Dolby Digital and then Test, I get sound in all 5.1 channels, starting with the subwoofer and moving from Front Left speaker all the way around to Rear Surround Left speaker, each speaker only making sounds for its specific channel test. This tells me the system and the driver currently should support 5.1 functionally, but in terms of what the OS being told out output by applications, it is adhering to the the 2-channel, 16 bit option selected under the Advanced tab, shown in the screenshot.

Any assistance on what I'm possibly installing or not installing that would allow me to get that 5.1 option would be great. My home theater setup is sad without its 5.1 configuration.

Edit: I finally went back to a download from January, AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9079.1. This release had the colorful AAF splash while the installer was loading. This release, using the Legacy drivers with the both DDL and DTS drivers, works perfectly. See the second screenshot for proof.

Thanks for any and all help in investigating this!

I'm using AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.9159.1 and it's working fine with DTS Interactive 5.1 over SPDIF with all chosen enhancements, this latest update 21H1 haven't changed my settings. I have installed only Realtek Legacy + DTS Interactive APO + SB Connect 360 + ASIO, I already own license for Dolby Access and DTS Sound Unbound.

Captura de tela 2021-06-20 235225.png
Captura de tela 2021-06-20 235246.png

I have to thank Alan Finotty for this beautiful work, this package makes my codec (AX370 Gaming 3 with ALC 1220) deliver all what it is capable, amazing, my sources sounds really powerful. If not Sound Blaster Z or above, for sure I don't need any other sound card, this driver have make they all obsolete.

If Alan has done it right, that's either Interactive:X, or Interactive:A (Atmos). Good to see he's finally dropped the buggy patched apo (no point having both).
I sent him that version a while ago, not sure why his inf file (when I checked a while ago), calls it a decoder, its an encoder :p

Alan can review my latest driver for the recent edit and changes I have made to it.
It accepts 192khz, 32bit (float), 6 channels of analogue audio.

----

To keep the encoder active, always on (instead of on when audio is played):

3.png
4.png

Last edited:
System Name Snk3 PC
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
If Alan has done it right, that's either Interactive:X, or Interactive:A (Atmos). Good to see he's finally dropped the buggy patched apo (no point having both).
I sent him that version a while ago, not sure why his inf file (when I checked a while ago), calls it a decoder, its an encoder :p

Alan can review my latest driver for the recent edit and changes I have made to it.
It accepts 192khz, 32bit (float), 6 channels of analogue audio.

----

To keep the encoder active, always on (instead of on when audio is played):

View attachment 204854
View attachment 204855

Not sure about the patched APO, I've checked and found rtkhdaud.dat in system32/drivers. Anyway, I'm getting 5.1 as you can see in my screenshot, but sometimes when I choose S/PDIF out for the first time and not playing any sound, it shows only 2 channels, I still can see DTS Interactive on in settings and when I start playing audio, channels become in 6 as it should be.

Captura de tela 2021-06-21 112755.png

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB
OPEN SOURCE CODE

why do you keep mentioning version 1.5.4.0 of the Nahimic app when you release new DCH drivers, Alan?
Microsoft has stopped offering the 1.5.4.0 version from the MS store a few months ago and is NOT available anymore. the only versions of the Nahimic app offered from MS store are now at least 1.6.5.0 - no less

try to change this description to say "1.6.5.0" or "1.6.5.0 or higher" when you release new DCH drivers

@Snk3, It's down to the way the windows audio service starts the device, as you mentioned as soon as audio is played it updates.
Setting up 'Stereo Mix' muted and playing to your SPDIF output, as mentioned, will update it on startup.

I have a doubt: when i install dobly for gaming I feel that I have more bass even when I turn it off, this is because a different driver is installed or is the same for dolby speaker ?

It varies with the driver, I find it annoying myself. I'm told 6.0.9137.1 produces the best audio, I'm temped to use it myself along with the updates as a hybrid of both.

It varies with the driver, I find it annoying myself. I'm told 6.0.9137.1 produces the best audio, I'm temped to use it myself along with the updates as a hybrid of both.
With one of those versions i had no problems with the mic so i guess i should try them as well. I have a headset that the sound is too crystal that's why I try to have too many basses
after testing I came to the conclusion i think the dobly gaming driver does the magic no matter if the app is turned off

System Name Snk3 PC
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
The only issue I am having for now is with the Smart Amp, sometimes even being on and at level 3, it sounds like level 1 (not sure if it happens after I change input) or deactivated, then I have to switch level and switch back do level 3 to get higher volume, any tip to fix it or keep always on 3? Thanks.

Captura de tela 2021-06-21 174220.png

I have another question, how can I get ASIO working in foobar2000? It's set there but musics does not play.

Last edited: