• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phanteks Releases New AMP 850W and AMP 1000W 80Plus Gold Power Supplies

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Phanteks is expanding the AMP series with a new 850 W and a 1000 W 80 Plus Gold power supply. Powered by Seasonic, Phanteks AMP Series are high-quality 80 Plus Gold Certified power supplies and are perfectly capable of driving high-end systems with new-gen power-hungry GPUs. The high efficiency and compact design of the AMP series provide up to 1000 watts in 140 mm housing and comes with modular, black, flat power cables to make installation easy and clean. The AMP series features a Hybrid Silent Fan Control that achieves optimal cooling with temperature- controlled fan speed and fan-less mode for silent performance. The AMP series is also Revolt Pro Link certified providing 100% compatibility, reliability, and stability to work directly with the Revolt Pro expandable PSU allowing you to power more. Do more with the new AMP series power supplies and stay worry-free with the 10-year warranty.

Availability
  • July 2021
  • AMP 1000 W €149.90 / $149.99
  • AMP 850 W €129.90 / $129.99

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Alienation from family
Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard Hero VIII
Cooling Macho revB
Memory 16gb Hyperx
Video Card(s) Asus 1080ti Strix OC
Storage 960evo 500gb
Display(s) AOC 4k
Case Define R2 XL
Power Supply Be f*ing Quiet 600W M Gold
Mouse NoName
Keyboard NoNameless HP
Software You have nothing on me
Benchmark Scores Personal record 100m sprint: 60m
Caps in cables?

System Name Office / HP Prodesk 490 G3 MT (ex-office)
Processor Intel 13700 (90° limit) / Intel i7-6700
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H770 Pro / HP 805F H170
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S / Stock
Memory G. Skill Trident XMP 2x16gb DDR5 6400MHz cl32 / Samsung 2x8gb 2133MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060 Ti Dual OC GDDR6X / Zotac GTX 1650 GDDR6 OC
Storage Samsung 2tb 980 PRO MZ / Samsung SSD 1TB 860 EVO + WD blue HDD 1TB (WD10EZEX)
Display(s) Eizo FlexScan EV2455 - 1920x1200 / Panasonic TX-32LS490E 32'' LED 1920x1080
Case Nanoxia Deep Silence 8 Pro / HP microtower
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX750 / OEM 300W bronze
Mouse MS cheap wired / Logitech cheap wired m90
Keyboard MS cheap wired / HP cheap wired
Software W11 / W7 Pro ->10 Pro
Probably no caps, only the main ATX cable is sleeved, judging from Seasonic and Phanteks PSUs. I think most quality PSU cables (and other cables inside a PC case) come without caps for a reason. Installation is easier and reinforcement is usually not needed.

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Those are sweet prices. $150 1000w full modular Seasonic built is nice.
It looks like the 24, 4x4 and 6+2 are all sleeved on the 1000w with the 24 being the only one that may have capacitors.
Phanteks website shows an entire range of Amp modular seasonic built psus ranging from 550w to 1000w.
Edit- Nope, just the 24 is sleeved. Found a better pic.

System Name Alienation from family
Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard Hero VIII
Cooling Macho revB
Memory 16gb Hyperx
Video Card(s) Asus 1080ti Strix OC
Storage 960evo 500gb
Display(s) AOC 4k
Case Define R2 XL
Power Supply Be f*ing Quiet 600W M Gold
Mouse NoName
Keyboard NoNameless HP
Software You have nothing on me
Benchmark Scores Personal record 100m sprint: 60m
I just hate caps 3cm before 8pin plug for graphics card, 2 of them for 3070ti :mad:
Otherwise superb LeadexIII 750w is quiet and without problems, but damn caps.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
These are Phanteks logos on the Seasonic Focus GX range, and the MSRP for the Focus GX-850 is €120 including taxes.

I guess if you want to pay €10 more for a Phanteks logo at least you have the option now. I'm not sure on the MSRP but you can usually find the Antec Earthwatts EAG models for even less than the Seasonic ones, presumably that's regional variance - and those are also the exact same product but with a different label.

Last edited:
System Name DadsBadAss
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Youve got it good then. Here the best price for a gx-850 is $150 and gx-1000 is $180 before tax.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I think it pays to know which brands are reselling the same product because at any one moment in time, one of them will usually be cheaper than the others for whatever reason.

I remember buying a dozen or so Antec EA750G towards the end of last year for £67 each. That's damn good when the going rate for the same thing in a Seasonic box was £90-95....

Probably no caps, only the main ATX cable is sleeved, judging from Seasonic and Phanteks PSUs. I think most quality PSU cables (and other cables inside a PC case) come without caps for a reason. Installation is easier and reinforcement is usually not needed.
If I'm not mistaken, the caps in cables help with ripple and specific performance metrics. Seasonic is usually beat in this area, granted it shouldn't matter as much as anything sub 30mV is quite decent regardless.

The corsair AX850 (Seasonic platform) has caps in cables, but also out performs most of Seasonic's own Prime/focus units.

I think caps in cables help drive performance metrics overall, though I can also see a poor quality PSU getting "boosted" to perform better. I just don't agree that it's "worse".

I think it pays to know which brands are reselling the same product because at any one moment in time, one of them will usually be cheaper than the others for whatever reason.

I remember buying a dozen or so Antec EA750G towards the end of last year for £67 each. That's damn good when the going rate for the same thing in a Seasonic box was £90-95....

This honestly doesn't really matter unless you're talking about a specific platform, in which case, yes it's "Seasonic"... but it's likely produced in a factory with no ties to "Seasonic". QA/consistency is up to ANTEC themselves and the contracted factory. This goes for any PSU made.

Last edited:
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
This honestly doesn't really matter unless you're talking about a specific platform, in which case, yes it's "Seasonic"... but it's likely produced in a factory with no ties to "Seasonic".
I'm clearly talking about a specific platform, since that's what this news article is about, and my first sentence in this thread identifies it explicitly - Seasonic Focus GX

Additionally, yes, it is made by Seasonic in Seasonic's own facilties; Seasonic is the OEM for quite a few PSU brands.

I'm clearly talking about a specific platform, since that's what this news article is about, and my first sentence in this thread identifies it explicitly - Seasonic Focus GX

Additionally, yes, it is made by Seasonic in Seasonic's own facilties; Seasonic is the OEM for quite a few PSU brands.
You don't understand.

Seasonic themselves don't even "make" their own PSUs in some of the more popular lines. The current Focus lineup is split in production with contracted taiwanese and or Chinese factories for specific regions. (Most of the current Taiwanese produced stuff is designated for US to avoid Chinese tariffs.)

According to JohnnyGURU, Seasonic's output capacity is very limited... Not much stuff is actually produced by the brand itself and is outsourced to specific "OEMs" for production.

This has more famously and publicly happened for other companies such as EVGA.. Superflower (Platform designer) and RSY (Factory/OEM) were both producing LEADEX (Superflower IP) units for the B3 line. The stuff coming from RSY had very poor soldering quality and other various issues such as protections being set wrong.

Anyway.. I'm not trying to make you worry bout it, but my comment was directed at "I think it pays to know which brands are reselling the same product". I mean sure.. it's the same Seasonic platform, but the chances of "Seasonic" actually producing the unit are up in the air.....We don't know if Seasonic is Q/A for these 3rd party units and or if they're actually producing the units next to the focus lineup in China. I would imagine a different scenario, but thats how I view things.

Also.. The new Seasonic B12 isn't even a Seasonic designed platform. They're just rebranding a Helly design. heh..

Last edited:
System Name DadsBadAss
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win11pro
You don't understand.

Seasonic themselves don't even "make" their own PSUs in some of the more popular lines. The current Focus lineup is split in production with contracted taiwanese and or Chinese factories for specific regions. (Most of the current Taiwanese produced stuff is designated for US to avoid Chinese tariffs.)

According to JohnnyGURU, Seasonic's output capacity is very limited... Not much stuff is actually produced by the brand itself and is outsourced to specific "OEMs" for production.

This has more famously and publicly happened for other companies such as EVGA.. Superflower (Platform designer) and RSY (Factory/OEM) were both producing LEADEX (Superflower IP) units for the B3 line. The stuff coming from RSY had very poor soldering quality and other various issues such as protections being set wrong.

Anyway.. I'm not trying to make you worry bout it, but my comment was directed at "I think it pays to know which brands are reselling the same product". I mean sure.. it's the same Seasonic platform, but the chances of "Seasonic" actually producing the unit are up in the air.....We don't know if Seasonic is Q/A for these 3rd party units and or if they're actually producing the units next to the focus lineup in China. I would imagine a different scenario, but thats how I view things.

Also.. The new Seasonic B12 isn't even a Seasonic designed platform. They're just rebranding a Helly design. heh..

Evga has never built their own power supplies...
Superflower famously built the G2 series for them until recently. Ive no idea what your trying to imply by including them in your example? Seasonic on the other hand does in fact build their own units as well as those of quite a few other companies. This is common knowledge. Where they actually manufacture every one would probably depend on what region its being produced FOR. Whats your point exactly? That Seasonic doesnt build all of their units in one plant,in one country?

And yes the b12 is a low end hunka junk. If i remember correctly there was a thread about it here a couple of months ago. I assume you saw it as well huh?

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
You don't understand.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I genuinely thought Seasonic was a massive OEM that made everything Seasonic-branded themselves and had so much capacity they acted as the production OEM for other licensed brands. I got that impression from a factory tour video but that was at least a decade ago and I guess things change.

So the inception runs deep - like for example an Antec EA750G is made by someone like CWT under contract to Seasonic, under contract to Antec?

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I genuinely thought Seasonic was a massive OEM that made everything Seasonic-branded themselves and had so much capacity they acted as the production OEM for other licensed brands. I got that impression from a factory tour video but that was at least a decade ago and I guess things change.

So the inception runs deep - like for example an Antec EA750G is made by someone like CWT under contract to Seasonic, under contract to Antec?
I don't exactly know how they operate internally and or if Corsair has their own designated sub factory/factories. CWT is a much bigger OEM though with much greater production capability. Its plausible that CWT China/Vietnam has capacity similar to HEC which has both Taiwanese/Chinese factories.

Reference:

Evga has never built their own power supplies...
Superflower famously built the G2 series for them until recently. Ive no idea what your trying to imply by including them in your example? Seasonic on the other hand does in fact build their own units as well as those of quite a few other companies. This is common knowledge. Where they actually manufacture every one would probably depend on what region its being produced FOR. Whats your point exactly? That Seasonic doesnt build all of their units in one plant,in one country?

And yes the b12 is a low end hunka junk. If i remember correctly there was a thread about it here a couple of months ago. I assume you saw it as well huh?

I didn't say they did? Re-read what I wrote.

LEADEX B3's were being manufactured alternative factories/OEM like RSY during certain periods, regardless of it being a Leadex Superflower design.

Reference https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-450-b3-psu,5160-3.html

From what I understand the specific factory producing G2/G3/P2 never changed, though I would question if there were solely produced by super flower internally. It's not uncommon to sub contract and this happens with Seasonic too.

My argument is who is sub contracting a majority of the focus lineups? Who is Q/A for Antec's line when Seasonic has to worry about this for their own products? To say Seasonic does everything is silly at this point when industry insiders like Jon Gerow give a better viewpoint into what actually occurs.

Last edited:
System Name DadsBadAss
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win11pro
I don't exactly know how they operate internally and or if Corsair has their own designated sub factory/factories. CWT is a much bigger OEM though with much greater production capability. Its plausible that CWT has capacity similar to HEC which has both Taiwanese/Chinese factories.

Reference:

I didn't say they did? Re-read what I wrote.

LEADEX B3's were being manufactured alternative factories/OEM like RSY during certain periods, regardless of it being a Leadex Superflower design.

Reference https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-450-b3-psu,5160-3.html

From what I understand the specific factory producing G2/G3/P2 never changed, though I would question if there were solely produced by super flower internally. It's not uncommon to sub contract and this happens with Seasonic too.

My argument is who is sub contracting a majority of the focus lineups? Who is Q/A for Antec's line when Seasonic has to worry about this for their own products?

Of course Evga sources different platforms at different oems and or plants. This is nothing new. All companies do it. They specifically try to cater to every economic level. Have you seen Evgas line up? Its massive(as are most psu companies). It would be virtually impossible to have a single oem build every single unit and platform. Every company in the business has and will do this according to the price bracket they are building a unit for. Its isnt breaking news that superflower doesnt build all of Evgas power supplies.

So im to assume that the majority of Seasonic built power supplies are suddenly inferior because you say they are sub contracting them to these as of yet unknown companies with questionable Q/A policies or standards? With zero proof.
Okey Dokey

Its isnt breaking news that superflower doesnt build all of Evgas power supplies.

Not sure if you're just stupid or purposely misinterpret what I type. You're coming from a perspective that a product is built by specific OEM rather than a series of suppliers. Yes these PSU's use specific platforms, but a brand like EVGA can modify logistics all around.

The fact that you even wrote something so stupid after I linked post explaining basics is mind boggling. Yes, no shit EVGA uses many different platforms, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Logistics are variable. A Seasonic branded focus unit can be/is different than a focus platform produced for another company. That's my entire point.

Last edited:
System Name DadsBadAss
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Mouse Logitech G502
Software Win11pro
Not sure if you're just stupid or purposely misinterpret what I type. You're coming from a perspective that a product is built by specific OEM rather than a series of suppliers. Yes these PSU's use specific platforms, but a brand like EVGA can modify logistics all around.

The fact that you even wrote something so stupid after I linked post explaining basics is mind boggling. Yes, no shit EVGA uses many different platforms, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Logistics are variable. A Seasonic branded focus unit can be/is different than a focus platform produced for another company. That's my entire point.

aww are someones feewings getting huwt? She has to resort to childish insults? Im so very very sorry i dont take your blathering at face value. If i ever feel the need to have someone point out the obvious for me ill hit you up mmmk?
Bye bye little one.

aww are someones feewings getting huwt? She has to resort to childish insults? Im so very very sorry i dont take your blathering at face value. If i ever feel the need to have someone point out the obvious for me ill hit you up mmmk?
Bye bye little one.

For something so obvious, you sure are quite oblivious. It's actually really funny.