• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Z12 RGB Gaming Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
EVGA took the top-down approach with its keyboard lineup revamp that began with the flagship Z20. Today, we look at the Z12, their most affordable offering to date. It's a membrane keyboard with tweaked switches for Cherry MX keycap compatibility and feel. You also get a feature set that you would only see on far more expensive mechanical keyboards.

Show full review

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I wish EVGA would bring back their keyboards that had a little LCD screen like their Z-10

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I wish EVGA would bring back their keyboards that had a little LCD screen like their Z-10
Unfortunately those never sold well enough from what I know, at least not enough to merit an update. Part of the problem was the full potential was never realized.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Unfortunately those never sold well enough from what I know, at least not enough to merit an update. Part of the problem was the full potential was never realized.

I also think that the software used opened up some sort of security hole. At least this was the case with Logitechs old G15 keyboards -- The same way Microsoft got rid of widgets after windows 7 because there were some sort of security issue.

In any case, Im aware that there was a lack of support from Logitech regarding the LCD screen stuff but thats probably for a different topic.

I guess we've moved on from all that to a point where they are just better ways to do it like using an old android phone or tablet

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I also think that the software used opened up some sort of security hole. At least this was the case with Logitechs old G15 keyboards -- The same way Microsoft got rid of widgets after windows 7 because there were some sort of security issue.

In any case, Im aware that there was a lack of support from Logitech regarding the LCD screen stuff but thats probably for a different topic.

I guess we've moved on from all that to a point where they are just better ways to do it like using an old android phone or tablet
There are also add-on accessories such as the Corsair iCUE Nexus.