• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[TechSpot] China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal, Bitcoin price plummets

Space Lynx

Astronaut
as I said before, the silence from the Democrats of the western nations not following China's lead on this ban is the loudest silence I have ever heard. they don't care about anything but pronouns. if the Democrats ever claim climate change is important to them, all anyone ever needs to do is point to this moment in history to refute their claims. it's that simple.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
You can put lipstick on a pig and take it out on a date but its still a pig
Pigs make bacon.

as I said before, the silence from the Democrats of the western nations not following China's lead on this ban is the loudest silence I have ever heard. they don't care about anything but pronouns. if the Democrats ever claim climate change is important to them, all anyone ever needs to do is point to this moment in history to refute their claims. it's that simple.
Or they just see this for the transparent move that it is.

Crypto isn't at all the biggest factor in climate change. They honestly need to hit big industry with big regulations, mainly. They never will of course, so you aren't completely off target. It's depressing

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
Also, to those of you who say China does not care about climate change, due to the rhetoric you hear over the news, etc. Keep in mind China has a very very ancient history. They still do care about environment in ways we probably don't even understand, see below about Chinese Aesthetics:

No, no one cares about climate change, they just pretend they do for a myriad of reason. Climate change, or more specifically the influence humans have over the climate because the climate changes anyway and that can't be stopped, is a subject too messed up and politized to get into right now. The point is, I don't think crypto is the greatest thing since sliced bread even though I trade it regularly.

However, the "concerns" about it's power usage and impact on climate are pathetic and clearly bogus when China builds the most coal power plants on the whole planet. Something else is at play here, my guess is that China would like to reap the profits from crypto but they don't like how democratized it is and how anyone else can at the same time.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
No, no one cares about climate change, they just pretend they do for a myriad of reason. Climate change, or more specifically the influence humans have over the climate because the climate changes anyway and that can't be stopped, is a subject too messed up and politized to get into right now. The point is, I don't think crypto is the greatest thing since sliced bread even though I trade it regularly.

However, the "concerns" about it's power usage and impact on climate are pathetic and clearly bogus when China builds the most coal power plants on the whole planet. Something else is at play here, my guess is that China would like to reap the profits from crypto but they don't like how democratized it is and how anyone else can at the same time.
As I mentioned before - China has it's own official electronic currency which CCP wants to use to have better oversight over the citizens. If something is out of grasp of the CCP it will be banned, sooner or later.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Pigs make bacon.

Or they just see this for the transparent move that it is.

Crypto isn't at all the biggest factor in climate change. They honestly need to hit big industry with big regulations, mainly. They never will of course, so you aren't completely off target. It's depressing

ye I no longer care anymore. I'll be dead within 20 years most likely, world has chewed me up and spit me out to many times to count. I no longer care about many things. I probably will just keep watching Carl Sagan Cosmos on repeat until my end comes. I hope everyone else enjoys their shiny new iphone every year... so blinded the species is...

If something is out of grasp of the CCP it will be banned, sooner or later.
It'll not be banned completely because I'm 1000% sure CCP & the other elites in the country make money off of it. So as long they're doing that crypto or any particular cryptocurrency will not be permanently banned.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
As I mentioned before - China has it's own official electronic currency which CCP wants to use to have better oversight over the citizens. If something is out of grasp of the CCP it will be banned, sooner or later.
Which means this is inconsequential for the western world at the end of the day because they follow up with the same decisions only when there is money to be made. But in this case every country can profit from crypto irrespective from what China does.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
china dosnt like bitcoin because it sees it as threat to its own state run digital yuan.. no other reason..

its all about power and control nothing to do with using less energy..

trog

Space Lynx

Astronaut
china dosnt like bitcoin because it sees it as threat to its own state run digital yuan.. no other reason..

its all about power and control nothing to do with using less energy..

trog

I don't care if that is true or not, you are missing my point. Let's say this is the 100% truth, its still an opportunity for people who care about the environment with left wing majorities to finally try to get a win in the name of climate change (again whether or not you agree with it), and the silence from those western countries is... rather shocking.

The truth is, short term greed and self-preservation at the subconscious level conquer all humans, even though we are capable of thinking long term, we will still be a short lived species. I find it interesting, rather than actually caring, at this point. /shrug an odd species we are indeed.

BTC will crash very hard below 10k and then will stay around 15k next 4 years but for that to happen, bitcoin needs to go to at least 79k. Also like I said before, every time china headlines "bans cryptos", the effect is less and less, it's funny that people expect a headlines in order for cryptos to crash or pump, yes that is true in the past where fud used to take over, nowadays manipulators dont care about it anymore, headlines or not is crashing hard or pumping hard, meaning, be extremely careful when is very quiet, I remember that btc in 2015 crashed in january from 400 usd to 100 usd when people were not expecting a crash.

Last edited:
System Name money pit..
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
I don't care if that is true or not, you are missing my point. Let's say this is the 100% truth, its still an opportunity for people who care about the environment with left wing majorities to finally try to get a win in the name of climate change (again whether or not you agree with it), and the silence from those western countries is... rather shocking.

The truth is, short term greed and self-preservation at the subconscious level conquer all humans, even though we are capable of thinking long term, we will still be a short lived species. I find it interesting, rather than actually caring, at this point. /shrug an odd species we are indeed.

you are condemning human kind for being what it is lynx.. china creates most of the worlds pollution simply because it makes most of the worlds stuff.. the west consumes what china makes..

consuming less stuff would mean less pollution.. but that aint gonna happen willingly..

from what i read china has an energy crisis.. its currently applying energy use restrictions.. factories are being are being shut down or restricted on how many days they can operate..

in short they are trying to lessen energy use without pissing off the people too much and causing revolt.. it seems they are preparing for "something".. whatever that "something" is it aint good..

here in the UK i went down to my local garage to fill up my already half full tank.. the pumps were closed.. they blame it on a truck driver shortage.. food shelves will be next..

i am not overly bothered about not being able to fill my tanks.. the summer is over and i dont plan on going anywhere soon and i could do my local trips on an electric trike i just built.. i could honestly park my truck up for six months and it would not bother me that much..

they call it panic buying but a lot of it is not keeping adequate reserves in their fuel tanks.. the same applies to food.. people have become too used to buying it as they eat it.. again they dont keep enough in reserve.. i have enough "essentials" to last at least a month.. most people dont..

i think we are looking at bad times ahead.. all i am gonna say is.. it has f-ck all to do with bitcoin.. he he..

trog

ps.. china also seems to be clamping down heavily on personal wealth.. celebs and very rich people are being "disappeared".. china is moving more communist their own digital yuan as the only "money" will give them total control over this.. any alternative such as bitcoin has to be gotten rid of..

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
you are condemning human kind for being what it is lynx.. china creates most of the worlds pollution simply because it makes most of the worlds stuff.. the west consumes what china makes..

consuming less stuff would mean less pollution.. but that aint gonna happen willingly..

from what i read china has an energy crisis.. its currently applying energy use restrictions.. factories are being are being shut down or restricted on how many days they can operate..

in short they are trying to lessen energy use without pissing off the people too much and causing revolt.. it seems they are preparing for "something".. whatever that "something" is it aint good..

here in the UK i went down to my local garage to fill up my already half full tank.. the pumps were closed.. they blame it on a truck driver shortage.. food shelves will be next..

i am not overly bothered about not being able to fill my tanks.. the summer is over and i dont plan on going anywhere soon and i could do my local trips on an electric trike i just built.. i could honestly park my truck up for six months and it would not bother me that much..

they call it panic buying but a lot of it is not keeping adequate reserves in their fuel tanks.. the same applies to food.. people have become too used to buying it as they eat it.. again they dont keep enough in reserve.. i have enough "essentials" to last at least a month.. most people dont..

i think we are looking at bad times ahead.. all i am gonna say is.. it has f-ck all to do with bitcoin.. he he..

trog

ps.. china also seems to be clamping down heavily on personal wealth.. celebs and very rich people are being "disappeared".. china is moving more communist their own digital yuan as the only "money" will give them total control over this.. any alternative such as bitcoin has to be gotten rid of..

I never said any of that shortage stuff had to do with BTC etc, imo it has to do with Brexit. From what I read about the lorry driver shortage, 14,000 lorry drivers were deported under Brexit... that is a heck of a lot of drivers...

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
This is great news.

Let it die, like Chia.

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
It is ironic that china was the country with the most mining activity, though.
That's what I was thinking but on the other hand they are also big of controlling their people.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
I never said any of that shortage stuff had to do with BTC etc, imo it has to do with Brexit. From what I read about the lorry driver shortage, 14,000 lorry drivers were deported under Brexit... that is a heck of a lot of drivers...
But he criticised the DVLA for the "ridiculous" numbers of HGV driver applications waiting to be processed.

The DVLA said there were more than 54,000 pending applications for licences, although some of those may be renewals and drivers can continue to work while they are dealt with.
On Saturday, the government also announced it would offer temporary visas, lasting until Christmas Eve, to 5,000 foreign fuel tanker and food lorry drivers and 5,500 poultry workers in a bid to limit disruption in the build up to Christmas.
Other measures include sending nearly one million letters to drivers who hold an HGV licence - to encourage them back into the industry - and plans to train 4,000 people to become HGV drivers.
The UK had lost 72,000 drivers between the second quarter of 2019 and the same period in 2021, Ms de Jong said - partly due to people returning to the EU after Brexit.
It's a combination of Brexit, incompetence and people panic buying.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
@ThrashZone Let's say I agree with you and climate change isn't real, its no secret that coal plants can cause asthma issues, and environmental issues in real time, and it is a worrying trend to see yet another coal plant being fired up, as I said number 5 within a year this time in state of PA and they intend to ramp up production to go from 1800 BTC miners to 20k BTC miners. During the industrial revolution there were loads and loads of issues with pollution across the world, until we got it sorted, this is honestly a worrying trend in the wrong direction. I will however agree with you though, that the Dems should have allowed the Canada oil pipeline to be built, for national security reasons, but I also think alongside that national security of having that oil pipeline we should also slowly be building or incentivizing climate change RnD technology, we don't spend enough on proper high level RnD anymore.
Hi,
Think you read way too much into what I said lol

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Fair point. However, I'm only looking 30days back because the announcement happened within the last 30days and I'm watching the market reactions accordingly.

No all of us..

you are looking 30 days back because that suits your purpose better.. the "announcement" happened about five days back and basically didnt cause much of a price drop.. it was pretty much a none event..

as for the UK gas shortage the so called panic buying wont last long.. its just a one off happening once the tank is full its full..

the HVG driver shortage will however last a fair bit longer.. :)

but i repeat none of this has anything to do with crypto..

trog

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
Unless your miners are running off a generator in which case "haha"

Yeah that looks about right, I suppose it is more of a slope.
Granted, that might change.
you are looking 30 days back because that suits your purpose better..
No, I'm looking 30 days back because the context of current events only require a look back that far. Do not assume the context of my intentions to suit your personal narrative.

System Name The Sparing-No-Expense Build
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Wifi II
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black
Memory 32GB: 2x16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3600MHz C18
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX 3060Ti Founder's Edition
Storage 500GB 970 Evo Plus NVMe, 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) AOC C24G1 144Hz 24" 1080p Monitor
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Power Supply Seasonic X-650 Gold PSU (SS-650KM3)
Software Windows 11 Home 64-bit
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
ye I no longer care anymore. I'll be dead within 20 years most likely, world has chewed me up and spit me out to many times to count. I no longer care about many things. I probably will just keep watching Carl Sagan Cosmos on repeat until my end comes. I hope everyone else enjoys their shiny new iphone every year... so blinded the species is...

Just take it one day at a time man. You never know what tomorrow might bring.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
This exactly. Target on Crypto is just an easy scapegoat.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Just take it one day at a time man. You never know what tomorrow might bring.
Hi,
Yeah what happened to we all only have 5 or 10 years to go ?
Seems people have been saying they for decades but at least once a week here on tpu.