• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Easy2Boot. I can,t get it to work

Trying to get Easy2Boot it is not easy for me.:(I did all this guy did. This is what comes up Step 1.Install Load in to memory mouse and keyboard not working so i can.t say yes .It seems to load stuff anyway.
Next this you must press f6 then press WINVLOCK driver Firadisk driver Ahci driver i have no idea what there taking about:( Examples Winblock Atom Netbook dq67 series 6 Firadisk +Desktop Workstation server what has all that stuff got to with XP?
Now press F6 when prompted by XP and load the drivers
If Fieadisk giver problems ,reboot and try option 3 Winvblock
IF you still have problems, use option 2 but press F6 and add all the drivers listed by XP set up. Does any of this stuff make sense?:( Has anyone else had problems with this? I have no idea why the keyboard and mouse don't work? How come Phil did not have any of these problems? It did say on here that the ISO had no drivers?

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.

johnspack

Here For Good!
System Name System2 Blacknet , System1 Blacknet2
Processor System2 Threadripper 1920x, System1 2699 v3
Motherboard System2 Asrock Fatality x399 Professional Gaming, System1 Asus X99-A
Cooling System2 Noctua NH-U14 TR4-SP3 Dual 140mm fans, System1 AIO
Memory System2 64GBS DDR4 3000, System1 32gbs DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) System2 GTX 980Ti System1 GTX 970
Storage System2 4x SSDs + NVme= 2.250TB 2xStorage Drives=8TB System1 3x SSDs=2TB
Display(s) 2x 24" 1080 displays
Case System2 Some Nzxt case with soundproofing...
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U7 MKII
Power Supply System2 EVGA 750 Watt, System1 XFX XTR 750 Watt
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Ducky
Software Manjaro, Windows 10, Kubuntu 23.10
Benchmark Scores It's linux baby!
I agree with Mussels above, find an older version of Rufus. Or burn a dvd if you can. Must be people in here with retro builds that know how?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
PS2 keyboard required as USB drivers aren't installed.

It does not have a PS2 connection.:(

To start with, could you tell us what you're trying to do, why, and with what hardware?

Rufus apparently supports Xp without any hassle, if you use the older version 2.18 found here
I am trying to get XP on my Dell620 mt for Retro Gaming. I did put it on a CD on my other DELL 580
but it had no drivers. I have downloaded Snappy drivers
This version is ideal if you want to be able to use the tool on the go without any Internet connection.
You need to use a torrent client to download the whole package for offline use.
SourceSizeVersionDOWNLOAD
Torrent24,9 GB1.21.2 (R2102)
Or should I just go for the Lite version?
And will this work it keeps on asking for the CD for the drivers? That is what happened before on the Dell580.I have just put it on the PC it says no internet connection it is working on my Win10 on the same PC.On Win10 it asked me to restart but it went to XP and it has been doing check and replacing invalid security files?Thousands off files :( Why?For some reason that checking has affected my Win 10 drive which is on another disc?It is repaying it, very weird. o_OI could understand if they were both on the same drive.There was over 300,00 thousand invalid files on there and it was still going when i turned it off.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Wow i'd forgotten that was a requirement, but yeah XP sure wont support USB 3.0 ports out of the box

I do not use, trust or recommend any driver download programs - period.

Wow i'd forgotten that was a requirement, but yeah XP sure wont support USB 3.0 ports out of the box

I do not use, trust or recommend any driver download programs - period.
I tried the cd disc I burned even that one failed to work it loaded everything but failed to Reboot back :(I don,t know why but even one done with RuFus failed to work :( I am sure the Snappy Drivers will work fine. :)

Last edited:
System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
So personally I would still use Rufus, download the drivers you need as well as your windows xp iso and nlite, run nlite and impregnate the windows iso with the drivers you need then copy the new iso to usb via Rufus if you don't have any working usb you can copy the new iso to cd. This should mean the drivers you want are imbedded in during the install.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
So personally I would still use Rufus, download the drivers you need as well as your windows xp iso and nlite, run nlite and impregnate the windows iso with the drivers you need then copy the new iso to usb via Rufus if you don't have any working usb you can copy the new iso to cd. This should mean the drivers you want are imbedded in during the install.
^ That's the best way, it's been a long long time since i used Nlite, but integrating drivers is the way to go (or just using a VM)

Why not go to the E2B website and look at the XP pages?

A link to a tested and recommended XP ISO is provided in the 'Tested Payloads' page (e.g. 2018 ISO)
You MUST use the E2B+DPMS version of E2B
Free help and online chat from the author (me!) is available on the website.
Other XP videos are available.
Check that Legacy USB is enabled in the BIOS and use a USB 2 port if possible.

Why not go to the E2B website and look at the XP pages?

A link to a tested and recommended XP ISO is provided in the 'Tested Payloads' page (e.g. 2018 ISO)
You MUST use the E2B+DPMS version of E2B
Free help and online chat from the author (me!) is available on the website.
Other XP videos are available.
Check that Legacy USB is enabled in the BIOS and use a USB 2 port if possible.
Hi, Steve thanks for all that info:) I looked on your youtube and watched your video about it.:) Unfortunately with all that stuff I did to get XP on my PC. It seems to have mucked up my Windows10
which is on another drive. I could not get it to boot to say it needed to repair it in the end
all I got was flickering from this - to the dell startup boot-up screen.:(I have a Dell Windows7 disc just installed it but no internet connection no Ethernet controller and no GPU showing.:( Nothing seems to go write.:(

You cannot expect XP setup to know about windows 10 as it was invented 15 years later! Equally you cannot expect win7 to know about windows 10 either.
If you want to install different versions of Windows, you must do it in chronological order, so start with XP, then win 7, then win 10.

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
I use easy2boot, great for multi purpose boot usb device.

Basically there is two different types of images you can put on there, you can just drag and drop the iso files, if you do that it will boot in some cases but not for all types of boot media.

The better way is to convert to a PTN image, which will when you use it, convert the partition table on the USB stick so it boots of the primary and it will be like as if you using a dedicated boot device but whilst also having conveniance of multi boot.

Its a bit too much to explain how to do it on here though, its a case of read the manual I am afraid, the easy2boot website has massive pages of text documentation.

Also I am not currently using the latest version, there was some changes that had me confused.

Be careful with the Windows boot loader, it's unfortunately very easy to mess it up accidentally.

In reference to the drivers, if I recall correctly, because XP was around when SATA started being a thing, it can't cope with non-legacy installs unless you slip a SATA driver onto the disc.

Not having ethernet/wireless drivers available at first boot used to be pretty common too, it's pretty much the only driver CD I still keep :banghead:

You cannot expect XP setup to know about windows 10 as it was invented 15 years later! Equally you cannot expect win7 to know about windows 10 either.
If you want to install different versions of Windows, you must do it in chronological order, so start with XP, then win 7, then win 10.
I realise that ,but the Windows 10 was on a seperate drive.I would understand if they were on the same drive but not on a seperate drive.How do i go about instaling the Ethernet adapter?It says it is not available. Is that right that you have to sign in conect broadband before you get an internet conection?I put my password in then it says *Conecting though WAN minipost (PPPOE)
Error 651 the modem (or other connecting device)has repored an error.I will do it but have to use another Windows pc to get the Easy2boot and ISO and the other file you mentioned in your video.

I use easy2boot, great for multi purpose boot usb device.

Basically there is two different types of images you can put on there, you can just drag and drop the iso files, if you do that it will boot in some cases but not for all types of boot media.

The better way is to convert to a PTN image, which will when you use it, convert the partition table on the USB stick so it boots of the primary and it will be like as if you using a dedicated boot device but whilst also having conveniance of multi boot.

Its a bit too much to explain how to do it on here though, its a case of read the manual I am afraid, the easy2boot website has massive pages of text documentation.

Also I am not currently using the latest version, there was some changes that had me confused.
Thanks for your input on this :)I am a newbe on this tech stuff as you can tell .:(

Be careful with the Windows boot loader, it's unfortunately very easy to mess it up accidentally.

In reference to the drivers, if I recall correctly, because XP was around when SATA started being a thing, it can't cope with non-legacy installs unless you slip a SATA driver onto the disc.

Not having ethernet/wireless drivers available at first boot used to be pretty common too, it's pretty much the only driver CD I still keep :banghead:
So i am not the only one with that ptoblem.I would have thought it would have been included in the Windows 7 disc.Thats like me banging my head against the wall with all this.o_O

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I realise that ,but the Windows 10 was on a seperate drive.I would understand if they were on the same drive but not on a seperate drive.How do i go about instaling the Ethernet adapter?It says it is not available. Is that right that you have to sign in conect broadband before you get an internet conection?I put my password in then it says *Conecting though WAN minipost (PPPOE)
Error 651 the modem (or other connecting device)has repored an error.I will do it but have to use another Windows pc to get the Easy2boot and ISO and the other file you mentioned in your video.

Thanks for your input on this :)I am a newbe on this tech stuff as you can tell .:(

So i am not the only one with that ptoblem.I would have thought it would have been included in the Windows 7 disc.Thats like me banging my head against the wall with all this.o_O
In the olden days you were meant to use a floppy/USB/CD to add the needed drivers, at the formatting disk/drive selection screen for SATA/IDE/RAID drivers - anything else needed to be manually installed, usually via the floppy or CD that came with the hardware after you were in the OS

It's only very recently, that being able to just plug in and go with automated driver updates with a modern OS has become truly viable thanks to generic universal standards, but that of course requires the basics of storage, user input, and network drivers to begin