• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney Calls For Unified Digital Games Store

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
"What the world really needs now is a single store that works with all platforms" Tim Sweeney

Sounds more like he wants to destroy the competition from the key shops. ;) If he wants a "ecosystem to be fully playable on all supported platforms without requiring multiple purchases", then we don't need 1 shopping window for everything, we only need a ecosystem that shares the game licenses for every system. Something like that already exists, it's called "Microsoft Account". Buy f.e. Forza Horizon 5 for your Microsoft Account & you can play it on Windows or your xBox (incl. shared archievments).

His idea would only drive up PC game prices. Not my cup of tea. I like capitalist competition. Bet this guy hates GG.Deals, lol. :D Man love love this site.

www.allkeyshop.com

Pick one ;) And like you say, watch those ratings but I have honestly yet to encounter a problem with most of the stores here. One 'used' key, ever, and that was promptly fixed by a replacement after a single email. Cant say any big 3 publisher has that kind of support... nor Steam...

But this has zero relation to key shops I think. Resellers always exist and EGS is sorely lacking in promotion options outside the store. Unified platform is not going to go without a myriad of ways to buy in, and, its likely to work on license level because nobody wants to repurchase all their stuff. So if Sweeney wants to succeed, he is going to have to get all the goodwill ergo free EGS games alongside it. And then the others cant stay behind.

Note that even without EGS it was raining free content. Vanilla games on heavy discount for 2-10 eur a pop when expansions get released... there is a lot that EGS is just doing but isnt much different from the promotions publishers already had.

Either way. If you want to serve the market, be the servant. Otherwise people are simply going to give it the middle finger. Look at the goodwill Steam has developed over time. Its for good reasons - no nonsense gaming platform with rich feature set. The only deals that are sustainable, are those that are 'win-win'. Sweeney knows this as well as Gabe even if the method is different - the bottom line is you either get great features or you get loads of free games

Tell me again customers aint winning?!

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Well the first thing is to fix their broken system. Anytime you have to reset Windows or more recently update to Windows 11. We all know that you will have to either re-download or make a new folder on a different drive and start the download before you can move the data to get to play your game. That was not too bad 2 years ago but 2+ years of Free Games every Friday now means literally about 1.5 TB of data (BTW that does not include updates). Steam, Orign, Uplay and GOG do not have this problem or issue. A special mention for GOG. Doom Eternal was a Bethesda platform Game when I bought it and needed that when I updated to Windows 11. If GOG were saying this I would be all for it. Other than the free Games and what they have done for devs Epic actually sucks as a Gaming platform.

And its their loss. Ive honestly not bought more than two games there. The store / launchers are just too clunky, the framerate of the whole thing is 30 fps, the download manager is absolute shite. It downloads in sequence and you have no control. I really dont need much if anything from a storefront/launcher, but the basics have to work proper.

Because I want to have a custom menu on my taskbar with all the games installed, click on one and start playing it immediatly, without it opening a software first saying "logging in", "check our weekend offer!!!" "Are you sure you want to play that game instead or checking out our New cool free to play battle Royal?"

Because I don't want Steam or Origin using 10% of my cpu and making my game performance worse. Yes it happens even on 16t cpus, that has been tested. Quake Champions, for example, has a 15% performance Hit by running with steam compared with self launcher you get from bethesda

Because I dont want to be prompted with daily updates for the software that runs games

Because I want full control over launch options for my .exe without the software trying to impose theirs

Because I want my own overlays if needed

Because I want to configure my controller the way i want and not how steam wants it to behave

Because When I close a game, now I need to close the software that also was opened when I started the game shortcut

Because I want to own my games, move them from disk to disk and computer to computer without software telling me I used too many hardware IDs to play that game

Because I want or have to be completly offline and still access all my games without restrictions

And a lot of other reasons

Launchers are a plague. Consoles have a clear advantage on that front. GOG is way ahead any other company too.

Reason I still use PC for games is the fact I found great and reliable FTPs with all pirated games

Your story falls flat when you say consoles do not suffer these problems.

They do and its way worse. You are now not just tied to a launcher... you are locked to an ecosystem with controlled (read non competitive!!) pricing structure and content on offer while on PC you can choose freely - want one launcher or ten, its your choice depending on what you want to play. You pay to use online. You need the right firmware to play content. You are always handshaking with authentication servers. The same games will demand always online. All games will force updates on you just as they do on PC.

You are tied even to the hardware - console fails and your stuff is straight up inaccessible, while Steam/etc. Accounts work irrespective of the hardware, now or ten years ago or ten years in the future. You cant play legacy on consoles either. I could go on...

The gist is, if you are advanced user enough, the PC wins on every single front. And if you think it doesnt, youre either lazy or not in the know. Console is fast food, PC is the real restaurant where the bread isnt plastic. All it takes is a bit more effort, for a much bigger and healthier menu. Even if you have to keep track of twenty pages of it ;)

Oh man... time and time again I realize how misleading can nostalgia really be....

I think these days are the most convenient for gaming, and honestly - f$%^ all this crying about "not owning things". I despise all the times where I had to buy a new game when my CDs got a few scratches cause you need to put it in every time you wanted to launch a game, I start sweating blood every time I think of Starforce and other early DRMs, and I sure don't miss having to call somewhere to "activate" my product. Also, pirating in 2021 is stupid. The only argument I understand is lack of demos which may or may not affect your purchasing decision, but pirating for the sake of pirating is without exaggeration - absolutely objectively stupid. You wanna risk becoming a part of a worldwide botnet for the sake of not paying for "not real ownership"? You want to lose your personal data and financial info to chinese or russian hackers cause you are too lazy to get some free games on Epic, or too cheap to splurge a few bucks on Steam's seasonal sale? Or you feel really generous and want to give some of your compute resources to random crypto-malware?

Hell, the concept of renting games or having game subscriptions is about as old as mainstream gaming. I remember back in elementary school you didn't even have to own a console - you can go to a place at a local mall or a shady booth at the local bazar, rent a Dendi or Sega Megadrive for a weekend along with couple of games(though you had to leave some sort of collateral in most cases), have some fun, and return it on monday before school. Americans even had more convenient options, like Gamestop or short-lived Gamefly (e.g. Netflix for games).
Even my 72y.o. stepdad isn't that stubborn, and plays his favorite RTS games on Steam, Origin and GOG, just like everyone else.

My Steam account has been alive for nearly 15 years, and I do accept the risk that if someday it closes - I lose all games. Just like I accept the risk of losing my physical media after tornado or break-in.

Yep... the market is vibrant, games are more diverse than ever, there is more content than ever, and all your old stuff still works on todays hardware, while I'm even still playing todays stuff on a GPU from 5 years ago. Its gaming heaven and still we whine and whine on and on.
About how many launchers we have to keep up with, even if we did choose each and every one ourselves when we bought products.
About not owning games, even if there is an extensive library on GOG.com - and on top of that, we have ALWAYS just owned the licenses to use software, and as long as you buy your games that still applies.
About customizing stuff, even if we could and have always customized our desktops since 1990. What used to be a screen full of shortcuts is now a screen with five launchers.
Troubleshooting games is often taking you longer than it takes for a dev to push out a hotfix. And if he doesn't most if anything just works by clicking 'Install'. You're not even pointing at a folder because everything is done for you.
Hard life I know. And then you even have to download all that free stuff you get because the competition is better than it ever was because of the internet.

Spoiled brats.

Last edited:

Yrd

Apparently most people don't read articles. Just headlines.

The system he wants is for the game to work on all platforms. No matter where its been bought. If you buy the game through steam, it works on epic. The game is the same, usually, on all platforms.

I can get behind the idea, but I think this might be the most uphill of battles ever.

A solution could be to just pay the dev or publisher directly and then be able to play the game wherever you want. It would be nice if I could just buy the game and be able to play it on playstation or xbox or pc. Of course we'd never get playstation exclusives on xbox. When talking PC games its tied to a specific launcher nowadays. I don't just own a PC game, I own a game through steam or origin.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name THU
Processor Intel Core i5-13600KF
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P D4
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis 3 v2 + Arctic Cooling MX-2
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 (dual rank)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X OC 12 GB GDDR6X (2610/21000 @ 0.91 V)
Storage Lexar NM790 2 TB + Corsair MP510 960 GB + PNY XLR8 CS3030 500 GB + Toshiba E300 3 TB
Display(s) LG OLED C8 55" + ASUS VP229Q
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V381 + Monitor Audio Bronze 6 + Bronze FX | FiiO E10K-TC + Sony MDR-7506
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Logitech M705 Marathon
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 10 Home
Benchmark Scores Benchmarks in 2024?
Yeah, I am sure Microsoft and Sony would gladly give up their commission so that we can play on any platform. Buy games in the Epic Games Store, play them wherever you want!

The launcher was always optional. I have always launched my games directly. But yes, you had to look in the game's folder, the shortcut placed on the desktop by default went through the launcher iirc.

However, even in the absence of DRM, cross platform is hard to achieve because games implement Steamworks and the like.

They are not optional, they just give a nice enough api for galaxy to still work, but you still have a dozen different crappy launchers installed and running.

Free games, sometimes better regional pricing than steam (main reason for me), making some console exclusive possible for throwing money at them(KH), and 12% dev cut sounds like a competitive advantage to me.

Aka throwing money at the problem until they can get enough people using the platform and enough market share to be relevant.

What if...Steam was the standard?

They are far from saints but have consistently been the lesser evil

I dont get why people are bothered by having 5+ different launchers installed, and making that argument on hating EGS, seriously PCs are so much faster now, 32gb ram, high capacity ssds that doubles speed every few years, 16 thread cpus are becoming a norm for gaming PCs, does it really matter if you have 10 launchers running on background? I get DRM, but launchers? Cmon... thats just laziness, make a game shortcut to your desktop ffs, that should auto launch the launcher+game.

Unless you just wooshed over everyones head you're just wrong, sorry

Sure, if you don't care about your privacy. But if you do, it's a shitshow everywhere but GOG.

It will get worse before it gets better even worser now that drm and anti cheats with kernel access became acceptable for some reason :kookoo:

I disagree.

Good ol' Games.

GoG

Change my mind.
It was never called that. The former name of the site was Good Old Games, but it hasn't even been that since 2012. It's just GOG now, and the name of the CD Projekt subsidiary that runs it is also GOG. You're welcome to whatever headcanon you like, but it doesn't change the facts.

Reactions: bug
System Name Mass Effect/Lost Ark
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X/AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming/Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S/AMD Wraith Max
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200/Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) MSI AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT Mech 2x/MSI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Mech OC
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" SSDs x2, WD Black 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB 1TB NVME M.2
Display(s) Acer XF270H 1920x1080p @ 144Hz
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG ATX Mid Tower/CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Actis Nova 3 RGB
Power Supply Cooler Master V850 80+ Gold/Corsair CX650M 80+ Bronze
Mouse Thermaltake Level 10 M/Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Wired Gaming Edition/Steelseries Apex 3 RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro OEM 64bit/Ubuntu 22.04.1 64bit
*Laughs in GoG Galaxy* One launcher...well more like launcherception (a launcher within a launcher) for my games. Including all those free games from Epic.

System Name PC-GX1
Processor i9 10900 non K (stock) TDP 65w
Motherboard asrock b560 steel legend | Realtek ALC897
Cooling cooler master hyper 2x12 LED turbo argb | 5x12cm fan rgb intake | 3x12cm fan rgb exhaust
Memory corsair vengeance LPX 2x32gb ddr4 3600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB Gaming Z Trio LHR TDP 370w| 551.76 WHQL | MSI AB v4.65 | RTSS v7.35
Storage NVME 2+2TB gen3| SSD 4TB sata3 | 1+2TB 7200rpm sata3| 4+4+5TB USB3 (optional)
Display(s) AOC U34P2C (IPS panel, 3440x1440 75hz) + speaker 5W*2 | APC BX1100CI MS (660w)
Case lianli lancool 2 mesh RGB windows - white edition | 1x dvd-RW usb 3.0 (optional)
Audio Device(s) Nakamichi soundstation8w 2.1 100W RMS | Simbadda CT9000N+ 2.1 88W RMS
Power Supply seasonic focus gx-850w 80+ gold - white edition 2021 | APC BX2200MI MS (1200w)
Mouse steelseries sensei ten | logitech g440
Keyboard steelseries apex 5 | steelseries QCK prism cloth XL | steelseries arctis 5
VR HMD -
Software dvd win 10 home 64bit oem + full update 22H2
Benchmark Scores -
in my country, this EGS, still dont accept payment from all CC.........so why i am wasting my time with this platfrom...... well, sometimes...... i have coming only for quick grab a lot of free pc games........

Because I want to have a custom menu on my taskbar with all the games installed, click on one and start playing it immediatly, without it opening a software first saying "logging in", "check our weekend offer!!!" "Are you sure you want to play that game instead or checking out our New cool free to play battle Royal?"

Because I don't want Steam or Origin using 10% of my cpu and making my game performance worse. Yes it happens even on 16t cpus, that has been tested. Quake Champions, for example, has a 15% performance Hit by running with steam compared with self launcher you get from bethesda

Because I dont want to be prompted with daily updates for the software that runs games

Because I want full control over launch options for my .exe without the software trying to impose theirs

Because I want my own overlays if needed

Because I want to configure my controller the way i want and not how steam wants it to behave

Because When I close a game, now I need to close the software that also was opened when I started the game shortcut

Because I want to own my games, move them from disk to disk and computer to computer without software telling me I used too many hardware IDs to play that game

Because I want or have to be completly offline and still access all my games without restrictions

And a lot of other reasons

Launchers are a plague. Consoles have a clear advantage on that front. GOG is way ahead any other company too.

Reason I still use PC for games is the fact I found great and reliable FTPs with all pirated games
Launching a game on any platform on either my gen3 and gen4 ssd takes less than ~10 seconds even including the launcher.

10% hit is BS, proof?

Open Steam's settings, go to the Interface tab and uncheck "Notify me about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases". Youre welcome, and you can do this on pretty much any launcher.

Pretty much everything else you listed has a workaround, your just lazy to do it.

yes, the workaround for anything not found on gog's called tpb. fuck off launchers. fuck off drm.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600CL16
Video Card(s) 3060Ti FE 0.9v
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ProArt PA278QV
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1850DB
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse A4Tech X-748K
Keyboard Logitech K300
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
The system he wants is for the game to work on all platforms. No matter where its been bought. If you buy the game through steam, it works on epic. The game is the same, usually, on all platforms.
He doesn't even want the games to be on all platforms.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
I disagree.

Good ol' Games.

GoG

Change my mind.
Screenshot_20211201-083101.jpg

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Haven't heard that name in quite a while, probably half a decade since I last tried to visit.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Haven't heard that name in quite a while, probably half a decade since I last tried to visit.
Well, it isn't nearly as good as it once was. There are alternatives that are better.

System Name THU
Processor Intel Core i5-13600KF
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P D4
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis 3 v2 + Arctic Cooling MX-2
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 (dual rank)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X OC 12 GB GDDR6X (2610/21000 @ 0.91 V)
Storage Lexar NM790 2 TB + Corsair MP510 960 GB + PNY XLR8 CS3030 500 GB + Toshiba E300 3 TB
Display(s) LG OLED C8 55" + ASUS VP229Q
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V381 + Monitor Audio Bronze 6 + Bronze FX | FiiO E10K-TC + Sony MDR-7506
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Logitech M705 Marathon
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 10 Home
Benchmark Scores Benchmarks in 2024?
im well aware, i was just giving something meme as the arche-/stereotypical example since more detailed, public discussion of such a topic is -understandably- verboten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor 9700K
Motherboard Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge
Memory 32GB Micron VLP 18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1
Video Card(s) 3090 FE
Display(s) Samsung G9 NEO
Case Formd T1
Power Supply Corsair SF750

I can get behind the idea, but I think this might be the most uphill of battles ever.

A solution could be to just pay the dev or publisher directly and then be able to play the game wherever you want. It would be nice if I could just buy the game and be able to play it on playstation or xbox or pc. Of course we'd never get playstation exclusives on xbox. When talking PC games its tied to a specific launcher nowadays. I don't just own a PC game, I own a game through steam or origin.

That sounds good in theory, if you can trust a corporation that tries to pry business from others by giving money to developers for exclusive releases (not good for consumers). IMO it will never happen because corporations are greedy and not about what is good for consumers, and only care about making sustaining profits.

I agree, it would be great for us, but it's basically a fantasy or there is an ulterior motive.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
So thinking about this got me wondering at how would this possibly work?

Right now if someone buys a PC game off the microsoft store, they automatically get a copy for xbox with their Play Anywhere policy (oh, look Microsoft is already doing something similar). Now hypothetically speaking say this person also own a PS4/5, does MS take a hit and Sony gets a kickback? Would Sony even agree in the first place because their trading a sale for some residuals. Say the customer doesn't own a Sony console does Microsoft take the hit and Sony get a kickback anyway? If no, what happens if the customer purchases a Sony console in the near future?

I understand that he and many others wants to do away with the walled gardens now but then when they were being built those same parties that are unhappy with the current were happily whoring themselves out.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

It doesn't really matter what Sweeny says, it's all the same underlying BS - get as many publishers on the Epic ecosystem. The only difference is that before their justification was "to end an unfair Steam's monopoly", and now they simply settled on competing with XB game pass (and because of Sony deal).

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
His idea of shared ownership across multiple devices is the first consumer friendly comment I have read he said.

However as others pointed out his fairy tale scenario has Epic running this store as a monopoly.

I believe Microsoft are already adopting multi platform for Windows/Xbox.
Steam already do for Windows/Linux.

Not sure what Sony are doing, they tend to be more anti consumer though so wouldnt be surprised if they keep to separate licenses.

We unlikely to see a shared ownership under competing consoles.