• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

1638744292910.png

In this occasion registering the file using the old method fixed the issue. Find 'ADIAPO.dll' using Windows.
Then register it with cmd as admin: regsvr32 PATH-TO\DLLNAME.dll

Example: regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\ADIAPO.dll

====

If still no joy, Alan needs to fix something, I can only confirm the one proved in my pack, which also works on other devices.

1.png
2.png

Last edited:
View attachment 227763

In this occasion registering the file using the old method fixed the issue. Find 'ADIAPO.dll' using Windows.

====

If still no joy, Alan needs to fix something, I can only confirm the one proved in my pack, which also works on other devices.

View attachment 227764
View attachment 227765

Windows Explorer search didn't find any file with that name :/

View attachment 227763

====

View attachment 227764
View attachment 227765

AAF Pack 9231 shows DTS Interactive but I get the "Format not accepted by device" error when I hit apply.

Would you like to use TeamViewer at some point maybe tomorrow and I can see the cause of the problem. If so message me, I will update Alan if the issue is found.

Would you like to use TeamViewer at some point maybe tomorrow and I can see the cause of the problem. If so message me, I will update Alan if the issue is found.

I installed the latest version of your driver pack (6.0.9264.1 - the main one) and DTS Interactive is working perfectly!

Last edited:
Nice to know thanks! Well enjoy it. Currently I am taking a break, I only bother with DTS updates.

I am sure Alan will fix it soon.

RodrigoVolta

Version 6.0.9268.1 not work in my system.
The legacy equalizer doesn't act, does not work, even moving it and saving the settings. It's like he doesn't even exist, no matter what I do.
So far, the only version of the package that has worked is 6.0.9215.1.
My system has the Realtek ALC S1200A chipset with 7.1 Surround Sound - High Definition CODEC.
Any suggestion?

frollo

I'm having a loud popping issue on sound start stop of audio for videos / notifications etc. I wanted some drivers to enable 5.1 over optical which allen's drivers enable however I'm having an issue with popping where if say... I'm watching youtube and I stop the video it pops off and pops back on when I start another video.

I have a X399 Zenith Extreme going to Z906 speakers over optical

I have tried both Ferather's and the current and previous versions of Allen's drivers and have the same issue. any help would be appreciated. I have seen and tried some reg fixes etc and it doesn't make a difference (that or it doesn't stay)

Last edited:
I'm having a loud popping issue on sound start stop of audio for videos / notifications etc. I wanted some drivers to enable 5.1 over optical which allen's drivers enable however I'm having an issue with popping where if say... I'm watching youtube and I stop the video it pops off and pops back on when I start another video.

I have a X399 Zenith Extreme going to Z906 speakers over optical

I have tried both Ferather's and the current and previous versions of Allen's drivers and have the same issue. any help would be appreciated. I have seen and tried some reg fixes etc and it doesn't make a difference (that or it doesn't stay)

I have the same issue on both AAF and Ferather packs, thought it was a problem with my HT/speakers.

frollo

I have the same issue on both AAF and Ferather packs, thought it was a problem with my HT/speakers.
Yah I can't tell if it pops because it is switching from a stereo type profile to dts or if it is power on / power off (aka signal no signal) or if it just hates my face

xUmaRix

I'm facing this issue after installing the latest package.
anyone know how to fix it ?
1638959244009.png

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer ii
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL15 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
Storage 1Tb NVME Kingston KC2500 / 500GB Evo 860 / 3x 7200Rpm HDD
Display(s) Xiaomi Surface 34" Ultrawide
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-2090 / Logitech X530 5.1 / Sennheiser HD555 / Corsair Void USB
Power Supply 750W Corsair
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB Laser
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
I am also having issues with 6.0.9268.1, So without the patched APO from the previous version, how can i get dts interactive for SPDIF working?
I cleaned all the previous drivers using driver explorer / pnputil, installed the new AAF and picked the DTS interactive decoder during install,
the option for the dts interactive is not there anymore, it only shows 2 channels
My Chip is Realtek® ALC1220-VB

Last edited:

IMABEARLOL

I am also having issues with 6.0.9268.1, So without the patched APO from the previous version, how can i get dts interactive for SPDIF working?
I cleaned all the previous drivers using driver explorer / pnputil, installed the new AAF and picked the DTS interactive decoder during install,
the option for the dts interactive is not there anymore, it only shows 2 channels
My Chip is Realtek® ALC1220-VB
Download the ZIP package.

Navigate archive to 'DCH\Driver64', Extract folder '005.DTSInteractiveHDAExt', Install the INF.

Open elevated command prompt and run: regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\ADIAPO.dll

Reboot.

Something is still wrong with the release however. After switching to DTS Interactive I cannot switch back to any other output format. The other output formats sounded awful, DTS Interactive sounds great, but I prefer to let my Logitech mixer do it's own stereo to surround expansion and you can't do that when the mixer is receiving a "decode" stream.

Last edited:
Last edited:
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9279.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: This driverpack isn't eligible for USB-based Realtek audio chips.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

System Name Asus TUF Gaming FA506IU Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics
Motherboard AMD K17.6 FCH, AMD K17.6 IMC
Cooling Dual Fans Design with Self-Cleaning Cooling
Memory Samsung DRR4 - 3200Mhz 16GB(8GBx2)
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB)
Storage WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-256G-1002 + SHGP31-500GM-2 + ST1000LM035-1RK172
Display(s) LM156LF-2F03 144HZ Adaptive SYNC
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC256 @ AMD K17.6
Power Supply ASUS Power Brick 180W
Mouse ROG SICA Gaming Mouse
Benchmark Scores CineBench R23 Single core:- 1290 points CineBench R23 Multi core:- 11111 points
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9279.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: This driverpack isn't eligible for USB-based Realtek audio chips.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
I can't find any issue on my side... everything is working beautifully. I can't thank you enough ... your work is a state of art :)

@THEBOSS619, there is more to it than just Alan, it seems Alan can only test so much (probably headphones), while he provides the time on the package, he is not the sole person making them work as such.

Download the ZIP package.

Navigate archive to 'DCH\Driver64', Extract folder '005.DTSInteractiveHDAExt', Install the INF.

Open elevated command prompt and run: regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\ADIAPO.dll

Reboot.

Something is still wrong with the release however. After switching to DTS Interactive I cannot switch back to any other output format. The other output formats sounded awful, DTS Interactive sounds great, but I prefer to let my Logitech mixer do it's own stereo to surround expansion and you can't do that when the mixer is receiving a "decode" stream.

This made "DTS Interactive" appear as an option, but I still get "Format not supported by device" when trying to apply on Alan's pack (tested with 6.0.9279.1). It works perfectly on Ferather's pack, so I don't know what the problem is. My hardware is obviously capable of it. Any ideas, @Alan Finotty ? @Ferather told me in PM that he had found out what the problem was. Can you fix it?

Missing registry setup, skip to 50 seconds on this video, and if you can trigger it (dont use the files related to the video with AAF). If not let me know and I will setup a .reg file.

@Alan Finotty, also note, SPDIF, unlike HDMI, does not have a speaker config, but does utilize the settings, it should be setup as 6 channel with 8 channel processing.
Many APO's, including the Realtek one, can otherwise set the device to stereo, and pretty much break partial use of the multichannel APO (Interactive).

Last edited:
Missing registry setup, skip to 50 seconds on this video, and if you can trigger it (dont use the files related to the video with AAF). If not let me know and I will setup a .reg file.

Not sure what I'm supposed to change in the registry by looking at that video, since you just imported the .reg files and never opened them.

Try setting to stereo, and see if it switches back to Interactive and then works.

No popping or anything?
Is that with Interactive? Enable stereo mix, set it to play to the digital device (or default device), then mute it. This will make the encoder always on.

Try setting to stereo, and see if it switches back to Interactive and then works.

Is that with Interactive? Enable stereo mix, set it to play to the digital device (or default device), then mute it. This will make the encoder always on.

It just gives me the "Format not accepted by device" error no matter what option I try to apply.

This fixed the popping for me (back to using your pack)! Ty :)

Well I would need to know what extra APO's you where getting from Alans pack, to make the file, bit of work with exporting and sharing data.

Edit: I forgot to mention, your speakers will still power down (if they do normally), with the muted stream (no actual audio).