• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MINING RX 470 4GB CONVERT TO GAMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

glitxhy

im looking to get some rx 470s they are 4gb models and have only 1 hdmi port and no fans, passive cooled my problem is i cant seem to find any information on these cards i mean they have a hdmi port so they should work but with out a proper gaming bios im not sure what to do can anybody shed some light thanks

Attachments

• 4701.jpeg
    4701.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 4702.jpeg
    4702.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 155
  • 4703.jpeg
    4703.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Passive cooling, hmmm... These are going to get HOT for sure if they stay passive, not healty for GPU, VRM... Additional fan (80mm, 92mm, 120mm) blowing air on the top of the cooler is welcome.

Install card on the pic in computer, take few GPU-Z screenshots and post them here.

Also, additional info from this post is welcome, @eidairaman1 explained what you shoud do.

Processor AMD FX 6100
Motherboard ASUS M5A78L LE
Cooling Thermalright Macho
Memory Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 + (1 x 2GB)
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon RX 470 Miner 4GB used for Gaming
Storage WD Green 1TB Hard Drive
Display(s) LG 25UM65P
Power Supply Antec HCG 520
Software Windows 10 Pro
im looking to get some rx 470s they are 4gb models and have only 1 hdmi port and no fans, passive cooled my problem is i cant seem to find any information on these cards i mean they have a hdmi port so they should work but with out a proper gaming bios im not sure what to do can anybody shed some light thanks
That's an MSI board if I'm not mistaken.
Been using the same mining card for gaming for over two years except mine got one DVI-D port and has armor version cooler.
I just flashed MSI Armor version BIOS and that was it. Those in pictures surely need a fan.

Just know that it's a gamble buying these and I advise against it. No saying how much life is left in them. I got mine $50 new and unused but I guess with GPU shortages it's all different now.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
That's an MSI board if I'm not mistaken.
Been using the same mining card for gaming for over two years except mine got one DVI-D port and has armor version cooler.
I just flashed MSI Armor version BIOS and that was it. Those in pictures surely need a fan.

Just know that it's a gamble buying these and I advise against it. No saying how much life is left in them. I got mine $50 new and unused but I guess with GPU shortages it's all different now.
Board says the Manufacturer is AMD.
It might be possible to flash a stock Vbios, or use them as is depending on the bios that is on it currently, it's a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.