• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Specific requirement] Looking for Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ach6-82k2 VBIOS

alexcla

Hello everybody, I am facing a huge issue with my computer (Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ach6-82k2) where all my games are running at 10fps. I tried a lot of things such as format the whole PC, reinstall Windows and GPU drivers but this hasn't changed anything, the only solution I have found is to run my games at the same time as MSI Afterburner, and in this case my GPU works well, but without it the GPU is still locked at 10 fps max. So I would like to check if my VBIOS isn't corrupt and to do that I am looking for somebody who has the same computer model and could provide me a copy of its VBIOS.

Here is my specs :
- AMD R5 5600H
- 2*8Gb Gskill 2300mHz
- Nvidia RTX 3050 mobile (VBIOS version : 94.07.3B.40.DB)

Whith many thanks :)

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Sounds more like you are using the integrated graphics and not the RTX 3050M
Have you installed all required files from the manufacturer Lenovo, chipset etc?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Have you installed all required files from the manufacturer Lenovo, chipset etc?
Needs to contact Lenovo since its such anew laptop

alexcla

Yup, I installed all the available drivers (chipset, amd ppkg, lenovo system update ...) and this changed nothing, I also checked with MSI Afterburner and Task Manager and both shows that I'm using the GPU, still stuck at 10 fps, but sometimes the GPU does run correctly
Needs to contact Lenovo since its such anew laptop
I will have to, but I already changed some components such as RAM and WiFi card (the Mediatek MT7921 is crap btw) so it voided my warranty, Lenovo refuses to help me if I don't pay for it, they also said it would be a mainboard failure so I would have to change it (sooooo expensive), this is why I'm trying to fix the problem on my own

1642261477063.png

1642261497534.png

It does this with all of my games, not especially with CP2077

Last edited:

alexcla

UPDATE : the GPU seems to be randomly stuck at 210MHz, I tried everything and I think it's hardware related, we'll see what the Lenovo customer support will say

System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
UPDATE : the GPU seems to be randomly stuck at 210MHz, I tried everything and I think it's hardware related, we'll see what the Lenovo customer support will say
Sounds like it has been forced into safe mode possibly from too high a voltage or overclocking.

alexcla

Sounds like it has been forced into safe mode possibly from too high a voltage or overclocking.
Though I have never overclocked my computer, do you know how to check if the GPU is into safe mode ? Thank you in advance

Still only works "normally" (~75fps and 1900MHz) when Afterburn is lauched, otherwise it is stuck at 210MHz

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I can't help, sorry.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
See if this works for you...
1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
2. Manage 3D Settings
3. Under Global Settings Select Power Management Mode.
4. Select Prefer Maximum Performance Mode...
5. Select Apply and Restart your pc..
6. Then try your games again

If this does not work then i cannot help you..

System Name Asus X450JB
Processor Intel Core i7-4720HQ
Motherboard Asus
Memory 2x 4GiB
Video Card(s) nVidia GT940M
Storage 2x 1TB
Can you verify if the awful performance is due to your games running on integrated graphics or due to the severe underclock of your dGPU? I guess you can figure out by observing the parameters on task managers (so not to trigger the high performance mode with afterburner).

Also...
I will have to, but I already changed some components such as RAM and WiFi card (the Mediatek MT7921 is crap btw) so it voided my warranty, Lenovo refuses to help me if I don't pay for it, they also said it would be a mainboard failure so I would have to change it (sooooo expensive), this is why I'm trying to fix the problem on my own
Changing components alone should not be a valid cause to void warranty. As long as you don't do it in such haphazard way to cause obvious damage I guess.
That sounds like a ripoff, even with my country's absolutely awful consumer protection most OEM still offer warranty after owners self upgrade/regular maintenance.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Have you tried to manually point each game to use the dedicated GPU in the nVidia control panel?

From my experience with Lenovo laptop (have the Edge E530 to my parents), they had downclocked the GPU on this model with drivers from their website, so that it can fit the thermal envelope of this machine. Using drivers from Nvidia website, let it run free...aand overheat eventually and restart...had that many times.

My point is if you intend to run their machine some other purpose they had designed it to, get ready for some homework.

alexcla

See if this works for you...
1. Open Nvidia Control Panel
2. Manage 3D Settings
3. Under Global Settings Select Power Management Mode.
4. Select Prefer Maximum Performance Mode...
5. Select Apply and Restart your pc..
6. Then try your games again

If this does not work then i cannot help you..
I already tried but it didn't changed anything, thank you for your help btw :)

Can you verify if the awful performance is due to your games running on integrated graphics or due to the severe underclock of your dGPU? I guess you can figure out by observing the parameters on task managers (so not to trigger the high performance mode with afterburner).

Also...

Changing components alone should not be a valid cause to void warranty. As long as you don't do it in such haphazard way to cause obvious damage I guess.
That sounds like a ripoff, even with my country's absolutely awful consumer protection most OEM still offer warranty after owners self upgrade/regular maintenance.
I know, but as the tech support said, I have to send the computer with the original components so they can check if it works whith them, of course the varranty is supposed to be voided only if I unscrew the motherboard from the case in order to acces to the keyboard. But if they effectiveley think I will pay for anything they are wrong, I think I would have to call for a consumer association to help me. Thank you for advices :)

Have you tried to manually point each game to use the dedicated GPU in the nVidia control panel?

From my experience with Lenovo laptop (have the Edge E530 to my parents), they had downclocked the GPU on this model with drivers from their website, so that it can fit the thermal envelope of this machine. Using drivers from Nvidia website, let it run free...aand overheat eventually and restart...had that many times.

My point is if you intend to run their machine some other purpose they had designed it to, get ready for some homework.
Yup I also tried this, I thought that the problem would concern only some of my games but I was wrong, I also reinstalled their graphics driver (from the offical Lenovo support page) but this haven't changed anything. So once I gather all the original components of the computer, I will run a last test and then send the computer to the tech support. Thank for trying to help me :)

And of course I have been doing homeworks about that little machine for 12 days now :D

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Though I have never overclocked my computer, do you know how to check if the GPU is into safe mode ? Thank you in advance

Still only works "normally" (~75fps and 1900MHz) when Afterburn is lauched, otherwise it is stuck at 210MHz
Reset everything in afterburner to stock, even advanced options

maybe the dual graphics is disabled in bios. if memory servers me correctly you need to press "a" when entering the bios to get the advanced options on lenovo laptops so it will be something like fn+f2 +a