• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bang & Olufsen introduces new edition of Beoplay Portal: The ultimate sound solution for PC, PlayStation, and mobile gamers

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Bang & Olufsen today launched a new edition of the award-winning wireless gaming headphones, Beoplay Portal. This edition of Beoplay Portal is now fully compatible with PC and PlayStation consoles, alongside mobile device gaming, which marks a substantial expansion in connectivity across world-leading platforms. The unique offering of dual excellence in gaming and everyday use - which brought Beoplay Portal to market originally - still stands strong, whilst the addition of increased connectivity, a new wireless dongle, and improved battery life of up to 42 hours ensures that Portal is the ultimate one-product audio solution, designed for life.

"Since its launch in March 2021 Beoplay Portal has become a highly awarded product, opening the doors to a new group of consumers for Bang & Olufsen. The new edition targets more platforms to strengthen our ties with the gaming community, and means we can welcome more people into the B&O family" says Dorte Vestergaard, Bang & Olufsen's Category Director: "The combination of supreme sound, unparalleled style, and seamless connectivity makes Portal the ideal solution for the consumer who wants all use-cases covered in one headset. We are excited to be building on the initial success and continue our expansion within gaming".

Upgraded for gaming, designed for life
Whether gaming on PlayStation, PC or mobile, the new edition of Beoplay Portal now caters to all personal preferences with a rich audio experience and stylish design to match. The array of beamforming microphones isolates and amplifies the user's voice while cancelling out background noise - creating a Virtual Boom Arm experience that eliminates the need for a physical one. This in turn means that whilst Portal's gaming uses are unlimited, the headphones can also be worn for everyday listening and activities. This edition of Beoplay Portal offers a significant increase in battery life, providing up to 42 hours of continuous playtime using Bluetooth and Active Noise Cancellation (+18 hours); or 19 hours of wireless playtime with Active Noise Cancellation (+7 hours).

Expanded connectivity
Offering wireless 2.4 GHz connectivity for PC and PlayStation, the all-new Beoplay Portal edition expands in capabilities, and becomes the ultimate audio solution across the most popular gaming platforms globally. With dual-audio streaming, Portal is designed for simple and sophisticated connectivity - whether gaming, listening to music, or on calls. The introduction of a new wireless dongle allows for faster connection across PC, PlayStation or any other USB-C input device, with a seamless transition between wireless and wired usage. As mobile gaming expands its prevalence in the market, Beoplay Portal is also designed to cater for these users with Bluetooth 5.1 with aptX Adaptive technology for on-the-go gaming.

Superior sound experience
Tuned by Bang & Olufsen's acclaimed acousticians, Beoplay Portal provides a rich audio experience, delivering a high level of detail and nuance. Two custom-designed 40 mm drivers with neodymium magnets ensure a precise and faithful acoustic reproduction. And with Dolby Atmos for Headphones, Beoplay Portal also offers virtualised surround sound, adding layers of depth and texture to games, movies, and music.

The sound performance of Beoplay Portal is further enhanced by a new generation of Adaptive Active Noise Cancellation technology. Using a combination of feed-forward ANC and feed-back ANC, Beoplay Portal allows users to fully immerse themselves, enjoying every detail even in noisy environments. The addition of Own Voice enables users to hear their own voices while cancelling out external sounds, providing the focus, and details that each gaming experience deserves.

Unrivalled craftmanship
Designed by Jakob Wagner in partnership with Bang & Olufsen's design team, Beoplay Portal is available in three attractive colourways: Black Anthracite, Grey Mist, and Navy. The earcups feature touch sensitive aluminium discs with a stunning gradient effect, produced using a proprietary anodization technique.

Designed for extended wear, Beoplay Portal features jaw-supporting earpads which are crafted from lambskin-wrapped memory foam. There is a subtle protrusion on the rear of each cushion, which conforms to the shape of the user's head, enhancing comfort and eliminating sound leakage. The inner headband features offset padding designed to relieve pressure on the top of the head. This padding is covered with a high-quality bamboo fibre textile, which was chosen for its durability and breathability. And weighing in at a mere 279 grams, Beoplay Portal headphones are among the lightest in the wireless headphone category, making them ideal for hours of continuous use.

Pricing & availability
Beoplay Portal PC PS (499 USD / 499 EUR / 449 GBP / 3,749 DKK) will be available in Black Anthracite, Grey Mist and Navy globally at Bang & Olufsen, online, and in select retailers starting February 17.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Don't forget the lambskin.
I had to go back and read a bit more cuz I thought, and forgive me for saying this, you were referring to condoms. If its more durable than the plether most headsets get, than that is worth paying extra for the longevity, but I see they already want a arm and a .. leg.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
I had to go back and read a bit more cuz I thought, and forgive me for saying this, you were referring to condoms. If its more durable than the plether most headsets get, than that is worth paying extra for the longevity, but I see they already want a arm and a .. leg.
My sambo had a pair of their ANC headphones that I got to borrow a few times and they're much nicer in the ears than say the Sony WH-1000XM series. They're also a lot pricier and at least back then, didn't have as good ANC.

D

Deleted member 24505

Expensive headphones should look like crap so you can wear them out without getting mugged for your £500 headphones.