• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

zealvix

Hi all,

I remember there was a need to patch some xaudio2 DLLs (both 32bit and 64bit) in order for surround sound to work properly when selecting "SPDIF" output and with Dolby digital live enabled, at least for some games.

Do you all know if this is still the case now? Or has issue been fixed by Microsoft on the Xaudio2 's end?

If this is not officially fixed yet, can anyone confirm if the hex edit instructions still work on Windows 11?
Or possibly provide a set (both x86 and x64) of prepatched DDLs that will work on win 11?

Thanks.

edwinvega86

Hi everyone and especially AAF Optimus. I have a problem with all DOLBY ATMOS or maybe someone else has the same problem, it happens that when I install AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack-10.0.2311.9336 I restart the server and everything works fine, but the next time I restart DOLBY ATMOS it stops working even though it is on but not emits no sound effect, the version that works 100% for me is AAFOptimusAudioPack9301. Could you please fix it and excuse my English.
Captura de pantalla (1).png

Renato84

Hi from Florianópolis. I have an Asus Z690 board with a "Realtek ALC897 / 887" runnning Win11. Can I use your drivers to enable Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect (Interactive?) to output a 5.1 configuration in real-time via SPDIF to my receiver, like I do with my PS4 on the same receiver?

edwinvega86

Hi everyone and especially AAF Optimus. I have a problem with all DOLBY ATMOS or maybe someone else has the same problem, it happens that when I install AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack-10.0.2311.9336 I restart the server and everything works fine, but the next time I restart DOLBY ATMOS it stops working even though it is on but not emits no sound effect, the version that works 100% for me is AAFOptimusAudioPack9301. Could you please fix it and excuse my English. View attachment 245902
I've noticed that if "Realtek audio console" is set to headphone, DOLBY ATMOS doesn't recognize my headphone the next reboot of windows 11, but when I start the "Realtek audio console" app and switch from headphone to speaker and switch back to handset, DOLBY ATMOS starts to work properly again. But this does not happen when "Realtek audio console" is set to speaker, the problem is only for headphones.
Captura de pantalla (1).png

Last edited:

temi_d

I need some help please I have an Asrock X570 Taichi board with realtek 1220 audio. I just want to enable Dolby Digital on the S/PDIF output. I have installed this driver and selected it on the install options but it still isn't present. Can anyone help please?

1651679561682.png

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
Hi all,

I remember there was a need to patch some xaudio2 DLLs (both 32bit and 64bit) in order for surround sound to work properly when selecting "SPDIF" output and with Dolby digital live enabled, at least for some games.

Do you all know if this is still the case now? Or has issue been fixed by Microsoft on the Xaudio2 's end?

If this is not officially fixed yet, can anyone confirm if the hex edit instructions still work on Windows 11?
Or possibly provide a set (both x86 and x64) of prepatched DDLs that will work on win 11?

Thanks.
old games or maybe some ubsoft games still need to fix xaudio

loverboy

Nice, but I have like 2 sec audio delay on desktop and in games aswell
Windows 10 21h2 / ALC662

So I fixed it by disabling enhancements

Last edited:

aytokpatop

Cannot get it to work with Gigabyte Z690 Aorus ultra Realtek ALC4080 in windows 11.... Console cannot connect, no audio output, can anyone suggest if they got it working with 4080
Z690 Aorus Pro here, same problem with yours

Beast_Master

Hi!

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Z-590-F GAMING WIFI motherboard with the ALC4080 chipset. My OS iz Windows 11. Unfortunately, the original drivers didn't allow me to use my 5.1 surround speakers (Logitech X-530) when playing files which were not recorded for 5.1 systems. It appears that generally there are some issues with the drivers and Windows 11.

Long story short, a little google research and I found your drivers and installed them and I got my 5.1 system to work through Sound Blaster Connect.

Unfortunately, the Realtek Audio Console doesn't work (can not connect to RPC service). I tried manually adding the AAFDCHBgSvc64.exe file in System32 (according to your instructions) and enabling it through Services and Registry (it WASN'T present in the directory), but it still doesn't work. Have you got any suggestions?

I followed the installation instructions to the letter, uninstalled all drivers and used the cleaning utility for all residual files. Basically everything works except the Realtek Audio Console.

Thank you in advance!

Cannot get it to work with Gigabyte Z690 Aorus ultra Realtek ALC4080 in windows 11.... Console cannot connect, no audio output, can anyone suggest if they got it working with 4080

Z690 Aorus Pro here, same problem with yours

I also have ALC4080 chipset, but mine works, except the Realtek Audio Console. Fortunately, I can use SB connect...

@AAF Optimus Any ideas about this?

Thanks!

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
@AAF Optimus how to get "advanced" tab on SS3?? (sonic studio)

acryxis

How can I get lower latency on my headphones with this driver? I've got like 1 sec delay everywhere and it's really bad

silentfury

Does this require anything special to upgrade from a previous version (9116.1) of AAF DCH Optimus [realtek edition] aside from running the installer?

Any special installation instructions for Realtek ALC1220-VB on Gigabyte Z590i?

pirty_waggen

Hi guys.
I recently got msi unify board with ALC1220P Codec.
I have MS store uninstalled. (In short i dont want to use or install UWP apps or accidentaly reinstall MS store).
Will i be able to install and use driver pack from OP?

I installed the 6.0.9336.1

on my z170 asrock board, used original CP picked DDL, and ASIO drivers installed, and mind you love that i dont have to disable driver enforcement anymore, but upon restart, DTS was the only option there was do DDL enhancments for speaker our or optical. but DTS worked fine, which is useless to my cause DTS on my reciever is broke make everything have wobbly effect.

So i went back to v7614 driver i had that manual modded and everything is work as it should again

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN MEDIAFIRE
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9338.1
USB AUDIO DRIVER VERSION 6.0.9600.2311
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.
Don't forget to go to the "Changes" button to check the changes of the latest version. :toast:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

File ReUploaded! Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming install fixed!

Last edited:

Beast_Master

MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.
Don't forget to go to the "Changes" button to check the changes of the latest version. :toast:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

Hi @AAF Optimus ,

I tried to install the new drivers, but the sound does not work. I've followed the installation instructions, but it just doesn't want to play any sounds through my 5.1 speakers.

I had to revert to the previous version, and I had to install/uninstall a couple times until i got it working again. With the old version, I finally got it working by using Windows 11 troubleshooter (it appears I have to reinstall at least 2 times until the troubleshooter can do its thing). I can't get the same result with the new version.

I have Realtek ALC4080 chipset on ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F gaming motherboard and my OS is Windows 11.

And the Realtek Audio Console is also not working for me in the new version.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :)

TonyRambo

Hello everyone.
First of all thank you Alan for this tool.

Until Sunday, I had an ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, but encountering hardware problems, I had to change the board and switched to a GIGABYTE X570S Aorus Master.
I'm currently on Windows 11 build 22000, and I haven't formatted after changing the motherboard.
On the previous card, I had Sonic Studio 3 and the Realtek console by default, which allowed me to make some adjustments for sound clarity (Loudness equalization under the Realtek console, Smart Volume and Equalizer under SS3).
After changing the card, I noticed a drop in sound quality and realized that it had become impossible for me to use SS3 (basic mode incompatible with the audio device).

So I uninstalled all the drivers using REVO Uninstaller, deleted the remaining ones with DriverStoreExplorer, as well as the UWP apps with OOAPB.
I then blocked automatic driver updates from installing with OOSU10, rebooted, and installed the latest AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack selecting only A-Volute APO4 with Sonic Studio 3.

This allowed me to be able to make adjustments again for sound clarity but I am confronted with a new problem that I have been trying to solve for 3 days, in vain.
There is a noticeable latency in the sound which only goes away if I turn off audio enhancements in the device properties. However, if I turn off the enhancements, I lose all clarity-related effects.

Do you think this is related to using a modified audio driver partially compatible with the audio chipset of this motherboard?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello everyone.
First of all thank you Alan for this tool.

Until Sunday, I had an ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, but encountering hardware problems, I had to change the board and switched to a GIGABYTE X570S Aorus Master.
I'm currently on Windows 11 build 22000, and I haven't formatted after changing the motherboard.
On the previous card, I had Sonic Studio 3 and the Realtek console by default, which allowed me to make some adjustments for sound clarity (Loudness equalization under the Realtek console, Smart Volume and Equalizer under SS3).
After changing the card, I noticed a drop in sound quality and realized that it had become impossible for me to use SS3 (basic mode incompatible with the audio device).

So I uninstalled all the drivers using REVO Uninstaller, deleted the remaining ones with DriverStoreExplorer, as well as the UWP apps with OOAPB.
I then blocked automatic driver updates from installing with OOSU10, rebooted, and installed the latest AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack selecting only A-Volute APO4 with Sonic Studio 3.

This allowed me to be able to make adjustments again for sound clarity but I am confronted with a new problem that I have been trying to solve for 3 days, in vain.
There is a noticeable latency in the sound which only goes away if I turn off audio enhancements in the device properties. However, if I turn off the enhancements, I lose all clarity-related effects.

Do you think this is related to using a modified audio driver partially compatible with the audio chipset of this motherboard?
Thank you in advance for your help.
I think the best would be really format Windows and do a fresh install. Because probably there are residues from previous motherboard, things like some driver or even chipset files.
If even after clean installation you still face problems, maybe is a good idea to install the "AAF Optimus DCH Audio Modded Driver for Windows 10/11 - For ALL HDAUDIO Enumerator Chips" from Alan, since this other modded driver is based on Microsoft Generic HD audio driver and it will probably work fine for you.

System Name Asus TUF Gaming FA506IU Laptop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics
Motherboard AMD K17.6 FCH, AMD K17.6 IMC
Cooling Dual Fans Design with Self-Cleaning Cooling
Memory Samsung DRR4 - 3200Mhz 16GB(8GBx2)
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB)
Storage WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-256G-1002 + SHGP31-500GM-2 + ST1000LM035-1RK172
Display(s) LM156LF-2F03 144HZ Adaptive SYNC
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC256 @ AMD K17.6
Power Supply ASUS Power Brick 180W
Mouse ROG SICA Gaming Mouse
Benchmark Scores CineBench R23 Single core:- 1290 points CineBench R23 Multi core:- 11111 points
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

Thank you for your amazing work, I can't thank you enough no matter how many I thank you... it isn't enough :)
1652919293030.png

Everything works smoothly and easily without any kind of troubles... that's something that no body can achieve except for those who care about there quality of there work. Thank you again. :respect:

System Name Roku
Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI VHD PRO MAX
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory G.Skill Sniper X 16 GB
Video Card(s) Galax 2060 Super 1-Click OC
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Acer VG252Q
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 650W
Mouse Logitech G102
Keyboard Phantom RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro
DTS Sound Unbound is not licensed for me, am I suppose to purchase one if I want to use it?