• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Toxicity in the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
I'll get right to the point, I am seeing ever increasing examples of toxicity being allowed, or not acted on when reported, so .... I barely report anymore.

It's pretty specific too, and you can probably guess it, it's toxicity against Nvidia (mostly, honourable mention for Intel).

It would appear to contravene the Forum Guidelines on many occasions, but seems to be allowed to continue, whether by lack of reporting or the forum allowing it/being complacent with it. Then, many users who 'agree' with the toxic sentiments just pile on, brigade and basically all agree with each other making it difficult to have constructive conversations or debates on some topics.

Posting in a thread
  • Be polite and Constructive, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.
    • This includes trolling, continuous use of bad language (ie. cussing), flaming, baiting, retaliatory comments, system feature abuse, and insulting others.
  • No insults, trolling, shaming, hate or toxicity.
Use clear and appropriate language
Behavior that is inappropriate/should be reported
  • Insulting other forum members (calling someone names makes you look stupid anyways).
  • Racist, hateful, toxic, and otherwise demeaning comments will not be tolerated; whether meant as a joke or not.
Threads that should/will be closed
Threads of malicious, spiteful or toxic intent against any user, group or company.
  • This may include a thread going off topic with posts that include the above depending on how the community is responding.

But a quick search easily reveals things like this, let alone straight up making their best attempt to drag them through the mud.

If there is something that Nvidia can do to manipulate people they straight up will.
in order to block users from considering nvidia's cards
Knowing Ngreedia, I'd be shocked
They are just Copying what Ngreedia is doing
they are not as well known as ngreedia
market leader (Ngreedia)
they sure followed ngreedia's pricing
they are not as well known as ngreedia or untel
doesnt matter if its team greed
NOvideo DLSS
Intel is catching up with Novideo
I hate Evil Nvidia

I know I know, I must be an Nvidia Shill that's on their marketing payroll right, defending a corporation? No. And I don't think I could possibly care less if that's your rebuttal. Am I going to sit here and pretend I have a perfect history too and have never said dumb things worthy of reporting? No, I've gotten wound up and said things I've regretted, but I am keen to improve and promote a more robust and constructive community, starting(?) with this.

I think this crap is childish, and it has no place on a public forum (within this forums guidelines) where people come to discuss technology. I would not be in support of acting and talking like this about any company or person. If you have something negative to say that has merit, at least say it constructively, stripping out the brigading, toxicity and name calling. Use companies real names, or at least not purposefully childish negative nicknames. Allow people to state an opinion about their products, or engage in constructive talk about them on news topics etc without jumping in just to be toxic, spread hate, insults and attempt to switch the topic to brigade people against their products because of your bias.

Now to W1zzard and the other moderators.

Have I misinterpreted the forum guidelines? are the examples given in the spirit of the community you/we want fostered here? Should I be reporting things like that? shouldn't I? Will such things be edited, removed, marked as low quality if they are reported?

Basically, am I on the right track here or not, because frankly, seeing this sort of stuff allowed to constantly run rampant is saddening.

EDIT: Typo.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Keep this up and you'll wake up with a black hood over your head, and when you remove it you're in the mod lounge with a rusty old banhammer to sharpen up

The main issue is that there is a certain personality type that when asked to play nice tends to do everything in their power to do the opposite, so we try and toe a line between allowing people to speak their minds, and we only have so much time in each day to spend on people having tantrums

There can also be more to situations than it may seem from the outside as mods may have already removed or deleted even worse content that you cant see, but overall the approach to wanting to keep the lower quality stuff where it belongs (AKA, not reviews and news posts) is the ideal

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
I disagree. I certainly think that general rabble pipes up during hardware releases, but I don't think its forum wide. I afree that review and news threads can be polarizing but like mussles alluded too just because you haven't been told (and no we wont no matter how much members ask) doesnt mean it doesnt happen. While removal of content is limited to the mods of that section warnings are global.

EDIT:: with all that said I absolutely encourage people to report any issue they see, we do read them even collaboratively.

the one thing I will ask; and I can’t believe I’m saying this. Is that if any member has an issue with a post or dispute. Please don’t report it then quote it and fight with them. Like smh jfc now I have to deal with both members being part of the problem lol.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I actually thought it was getting better lately... maybe just me though.

the one thing I will ask; and I can’t believe I’m saying this. Is that if any member has an issue with a post or dispute. Please don’t report it then quote it and fight with them. Like smh jfc now I have to deal with both members being part of the problem lol.
That honestly surprises you?

I've fallen for this troll booby trap myself. It's hard when certain members are just oozing toxicity, but yes, just leave it to the mods. Trolls just drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Whats left of it here, but freedom of speech if freedom of thought.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
If you believe something is against the rules, please continue to report it. We do read them. But not every one of us is present in every single subforum, we do see the reports and do what's necessary, but the cleanup/lock/LQ may come a bit later. I understand wanting an immediate response when facing something unpleasant, but we are not omnipresent.

If you don't agree with something specific we do/need clarification on something, please continue to reach out civilly via PM as per forum rules.

It would appear to contravene the Forum Guidelines on many occasions, but seems to be allowed to continue, whether by lack of reporting or the forum allowing it/being complacent with it. Then, many users who 'agree' with the toxic sentiments just pile on, brigade and basically all agree with each other making it difficult to have constructive conversations or debates on some topics.

Have I misinterpreted the forum guidelines? are the examples given in the spirit of the community you/we want fostered here? Should I be reporting things like that? shouldn't I? Will such things be edited, removed, marked as low quality if they are reported?

Basically, m I on the right track here or not, because frankly, seeing this sort of stuff go unchecked constantly is saddening.

There is much that goes on behind the scenes, and is not so visible unless you are earnestly looking for it...

...but also much that is visible, yet hardly noticed......because people tend only to see what they want to see, and attention spans are short when emotions run high.

No, you haven't misinterpreted the forum guidelines. But "be polite and constructive" is broad as it is for a reason, there's always a balance to be struck.

Even the most stoic haters when they see that their posts silently disappear, stop being vulgar and mean.

I wish people actually reacted in the reasonable way you think they do.

Last edited:
System Name i'm done in
Processor AMD 5950x
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory GSkil 64gb 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) Power Color R7900xtx Hell Hound oh hell ya
Storage 2x wd sn770 2tb 1-4tb wd- hd 2x8tb wd hd actually 1 fire cuda
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 1440p 32" 165hz hdr monitor might go oled
Case Corsair 4000D Air Flow
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G5 80+ Gold
Mouse logitech and roccet wcord
Keyboard logitech
Software W10 forever
just ignore and move on.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
People shouldn't care so much about what others think or say.

Its a general issue, the reason for this topic, and toxicity thrives on attention. Ignore buttons work. Use them.

Social media is the cesspit that it is exactly because people are trained to care about what others think of whatever they say. 'Retweet' and 'Like' is built on that premise.

Are you a sheep or @wolf ;)
This issue is with the beholder, I say. There is no perfect forum, but TPU gets damn close as it is.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
My two cents.

Yes, people post very biased tech related opinion but if it's on topic and doesn't contain personal, or overtly abusive language, it's hard to justify its removal.

On toxicity. When harsh views are given on a company, I don't see that as being anywhere near the same as a harsh statement about an individual, or an individual's choice.

I get more involved with trying to keep posts on topic and clear of the two smoking guns of culture and politics. If it's tech related, it's very subjective in terms of what should be sanctioned or removed.

Luckily, I'm a mod and my skin has thickened these past few years. People can berate us, weep at our decisions, or tell us we do a good job (I've had it all, from all colours of the rainbow).

My extra two cents: some people are too sensitive to others legitimate, if extreme, tech opinions.

SL2

I actually thought it was getting better lately... maybe just me though.
Same here. It used to be worse that it is right now. My bet is that things got a tad better after the component shortage kicked in for real.

Suddenly, everyone had (mostly) external enemies in common to hate instead, like scalpers everywhere, more miners than before, scalping retailers, the plague, TSMC not having unlimited production capabilities, etc.

(the last one was more of a frustration than anything else)

Last edited:
System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
I feel like this thread is about the likes like me. I do have my dick moments. Perhaps I should apologize.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
Keep this up and you'll wake up with a black hood over your head, and when you remove it you're in the mod lounge with a rusty old banhammer to sharpen up
lol :D that said I'd happily be a moderator, might keep my eye out for the next round...
but I don't think its forum wide
Absolutely it isn't forum wide, and likely reflected by where I spent the most time. It's a classic tale of the loud few making their voices heard over the crowd, but an issue is the bandwagon just keeps going and it just straight up ruins threads.
with all that said I absolutely encourage people to report any issue they see, we do read them even collaboratively
If you believe something is against the rules, please continue to report it.
I will endeavor to responsibly report things that I believe go against the rules and let moderation do it's thing.
This issue is with the beholder, I say
Thanks for coming to share.
Yes, people post very biased tech related opinion but if it's on topic and doesn't contain personal, or overtly abusive language, it's hard to justify its removal.
I can appreciate that, I suppose I just wish people would debate more... civilly? hard to moderate that though isn't it.
My extra two cents: some people are too sensitive to others legitimate, if extreme, tech opinions.
I'll take that one on the chin :)

This is absolutely not a dig against the mods either, I'm sure there is plenty of way worse/more involved stuff that I and most others users don't even see. I mainly wanted to see if this sort of thing (no matter who or what the target is) is acceptable or not. I'd rather not stoop to that level 'just cos', I just want to have great tech, product, nerd etc discussions with a minimum of the issues I've covered.

And as I've said, probably guilty of not entirely towing the line myself.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
@wolf This is not forum toxicity, it's actually how the mind of people works (love the underdog, hate the top dog). There's very little a handful of moderators can do to curb that. They could make it apparent it's essentially hate speech, but then people will have to think twice before posting anything and we may end up with empty forums instead.

My approach: post facts/links refuting false claims (so that possible innocent readers won't mistake them for the truth) and move on. Whenever you feel like something is becoming personal, just unwatch and get out of the thread.

Durvelle27

Staff member
System Name Black Prometheus
Processor |AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard ASRock B550M Pro4|MSI X370 Gaming PLUS
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE | AMD Stock Cooler
Memory G.Skill 64GB(2x32GB) 3200MHz | 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4
Video Card(s) |AMD R9 290
Storage Sandisk X300 512GB + WD Black 6TB+WD Black 6TB
Display(s) LG Nanocell85 49" 4K 120Hz + ACER AOPEN 34" 3440x1440 144Hz
Case DeepCool Matrexx 55 V3 w/ 6x120mm Intake + 3x120mm Exhaust
Audio Device(s) LG Dolby Atmos 5.1
Power Supply Corsair RMX850 Fully Modular| EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Logitech Trackman
Keyboard Logitech K350
Software Windows 10 EDU x64
Based on your quotes I don't see anything that is rude, disrespectful or anything

No matter if you like it or not people are still allowed to have opinions

If something is bothering so much unfollow the thread and move on. But getting upset or reporting a post because you don't agree with it or don't like it isn't going to get anywhere.

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Video Card(s) Zotac 4080 w.c.
Storage 2TB Kingston kc3k
Display(s) Gigabyte 34" Curved
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Cool n Quiet.
I understand what goings on here but I must say..

"Everybody is different"

It would extremely boring if we were all the same and had the same views.

Low quality post by r9

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
Please stop with this "woke" bs.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Whats left of it here, but freedom of speech if freedom of thought.
Freedom of Speech applies not to private enterprises. As for freedom of thought, feel free to remove any brain implants from this place any time.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
I also don't really understand the 'need' for such name calling/degrading brands and whatnot.
Idk like the OP mentioned it feels childish and unnecessary to me.

I also used AMD/Intel systems with both AMD and Nvidia cards in the past and so far I was happy with all of them and they did their job for my needs.
Yes big companies do shady stuff here and there and yes they mainly care about profit, thats how it goes but thats really not my business and if I cared that badly I would just stop buying any hardware cause if I wanted to I could fault all of them for something.

Tho yeah I understand that some ppl feel strongly about this subject and tech stuff in general but still it should be possible to leave opinions/discuss w/o such behaviour. 'Like thats gonna happen, I know:laugh:'

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
People shouldn't care so much about what others think or say.

Its a general issue, the reason for this topic, and toxicity thrives on attention. Ignore buttons work. Use them.

Social media is the cesspit that it is exactly because people are trained to care about what others think of whatever they say. 'Retweet' and 'Like' is built on that premise.

Are you a sheep or @wolf ;)
This issue is with the beholder, I say. There is no perfect forum, but TPU gets damn close as it is.
There's also this unique idea that people should just be expected to treat each other like fellow human beings.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
They are called forum guidelines, not forum rules. There's a bit of flexibility there, so as long as you're not being a raging d-bag, it's probably fine. I can understand why people would make stupid names for nVidia. I personally have plenty of reasons to not like nVidia and you should understand that. Look past some of the colorful language and you'll find out that people have a reason for their childish behavior. Also:
If you don't agree with something specific we do/need clarification on something, please continue to reach out civilly via PM as per forum rules.
^ This is the most respectful thing you could do. Opening a thread like this is almost doing the kind of thing you're saying that you don't want others doing. In fact, whenever you have a disagreement with somebody and it's going to possibly get heated, a PM is probably the smartest thing to do, not just with the mods.

All in all the tl;dr is:
  1. Don't be a raging d-bag.
  2. Use the report button.
  3. If you disagree (strongly,) with anybody (not just mods,) then take it to a DM.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
I also don't really understand the 'need' for such name calling/degrading brands and whatnot.
Idk like the OP mentioned it feels childish and unnecessary to me.
Seriously, like any multi billion dollar corporation cares about someone calling them "-greedia" on some forum. Unless someone has anything constructive to add to the discussion this becomes background noise and can be easily ignored.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Yeah I like this one
, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

You'd be left with an empty forum basically :laugh:

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
You'd be left with an empty forum basically
Or a decent one.

I might note that some of the most toxic members will always shriek "you need us!"

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Seriously, like any multi billion dollar corporation cares about someone calling them "-greedia" on some forum. Unless someone has anything constructive to add to the discussion this becomes background noise and can be easily ignored.
True and I'm not questioning that but then again, what is the point of using such names when it would take the same effort to call them by their proper name.
It does nothing but stirs up drama in some cases/topics, ppl can have all the opinion they want about companies and brands but do it properly imo.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Professional instigators exist "you know who you are" :laugh:
People take the bait
It's a fact of all forums get used to it and hide the instigators it's as easy as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.