• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

1660ti not working consistently

chickenfilla

Does anyone understand this, I’m running benchmark again and the frames is as it should be, but most likely next time I run it I will be back on 7fps

Well i think thats the problem , you need an adapter because you are using the onboard GPU. What type of cable does your monitor have and where did you connect it? On the Onboard Graphics output (from the picture)?
Edit: if im right then u need something like this: https://vectro.ro/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/adaptor-dvi-d-241-tata-vga-mama-600x600.jpg , VGA TO DVI ADAPTER , its pretty cheap and then connect your monitor to the video card and not on the Onboard Graphics output.
Yes I have been connecting to the onboard graphics output, thanks I’ll have a look

I think all motherboards nowdays have an display output , i am not sure what motherboard you have but if you say you disabled it in bios then the problem is somewhere else.
Just in case , check this picture: https://support.cyberpowerpc.com/hc/article_attachments/360028079213/Display_Outputs.jpg , your monitor should be connected to the Video Card.

You should check CPU / GPU usage during some game or benchmark and check the load and frequency on them , your GPU had way too low temp in a benchmark, like it wasnt even used. You should post a picture from CPU-Z and one from GPU-Z so we can have all the info about your computer maybe someone can figure it out , did yo try a bios reset?
I haven’t tried a bios reset yet but here is my cpu z and Gpu z

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34

izy

As i said if you connected your monitor to the onboard graphics output then thats the problem , get an adapter and connect it to your 1660TI DVI port and the problem should be solved.

chickenfilla

As i said if you connected your monitor to the onboard graphics output then thats the problem , get an adapter and connect it to your 1660TI DVI port and the problem should be solved.
Thanks I’ll give that a try. If it works thanks so much, even if it doesn’t thanks so much.

izy

Well good luck , from the picture i see that the benchmark is using your 1660TI but if you are connected to the onboard gpu i can bet that is the problem, anyway its curious how you are getting video output if you disabled your onboard gpu in the bios as you said.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64