• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How do i get my CPU down in temperatures ?

Lei

Processor 3900x - Bykski waterblock
Motherboard MSI b450m mortar max BIOS Date 27 Apr 2023
Cooling αcool 560 rad - 2xPhanteks F140XP
Memory Micron 32gb 3200mhz ddr4
Video Card(s) Colorful 3090 ADOC active backplate cooling
Storage WD SN850 2tb ,HP EX950 1tb, WD UltraStar Helioseal 18tb+18tb
Display(s) 24“ HUION pro 4k 10bit
Case aluminium extrusions copper panels, 60 deliveries for every piece down to screws
Audio Device(s) sony stereo mic, logitech c930, Gulikit pro 2 + xbox Series S controller, moded bt headphone 1200mAh
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse pen display, no mouse no click
Keyboard Microsoft aio media embedded touchpad (moded lithium battery 1000mAh)
Software Win 11 23h2 build 22631
Benchmark Scores cine23 20000
@BossSiggy
I don't think you need a cooler. Your temp was too high for Denmark. In freezing 4° Celsius winter, even a mere exhale from a chipmunk could keep your cpu at the right thermals.

I mean if stock cooler is not enough for a winter in Denmark, then they must be so dumb to sell stock coolers.
Okay so if i go and change the CPU you think i should be fine ?
Yeah

Hang on now.

90C on a stock Intel cooler is nothing strange. It being loud at that point isn't strange either. You cán run the CPU just fine like this.
Here's what Varya86 means: your cooler is fine

The eonclusion though from what you're saying here is that you really just want a better cooler on that chip. Replacing the stock cooler is not difficult, but sure, you can break things if you're not careful. We can guide you through the process or you can look up a video on it. Or you can let the shop do it for you.
Here Varya86 doesn't really mean to change your cooler. He's is being pushed by conclusions.

Yeah, a good cooler is good. But your cpu shouldn't have been cooked by a stock cooler.

thanks for the input, helps alot. But im curious to why you would stay away for watercooling ? Ive seen alot of posts saying its the best cooling ? I have no clue about it myself though.
Because u said u don't touch hardware and you don't take fans out. For example right now u should take the cooler off and see what's going on under the heatsink.... But if you're scared, how on earth are you going to plug two hose on your cpu and figure out where the bubbles go? Also watercooling rtx2060 and 12700F is too much expense on cooling for stuff that are not vocanically hot.

It might run a full scan every time, you can look into that. Totally not necessary. In fact you can uninstall the antivirus and use Windows' built in functionality just as well.
I am using Windows for scanning, i choose full scan though, because i thought that its better than ''quick scan'' ?

System Name My first new build
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard MSI B450M mortar max
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200@XMP3200
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6900XT Toxic Air Cooled
Storage Samsung 870 QVO 1TB x 2, Lexar 256 GB, Western Digital SN550 500 GB nvme
Display(s) 32" LG GN600
Case Aerocool Eclipse
Audio Device(s) Logitech G PRO X/Edifier M201BT
Power Supply MSI MPG AGF 850 watt gold
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Redragon Vara K551P
Software Windows 11
It might run a full scan every time, you can look into that. Totally not necessary. In fact you can uninstall the antivirus and use Windows' built in functionality just as well.
I was going to suggest that, but my fireproof suit isn't handy. I use Windows defender only and have no problems.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I am using Windows for scanning, i choose full scan though, because i thought that its better than ''quick scan'' ?
Aah. Well, I don't ever let it *full* scan honestly. If anything happens Defender just gives you a warning.

@BossSiggy
I don't think you need a cooler. Your temp was too high for Denmark. In freezing 4° Celsius winter, even a mere exhale from a chipmunk could keep your cpu at the right thermals.

I mean if stock cooler is not enough for a winter in Denmark, then they must be so dumb to sell stock coolers.

Yeah

Here Varya86 doesn't really mean to change your cooler. He's is being pushed by conclusions.

Yeah, a good cooler is good. But your cpu shouldn't have been cooked by a stock cooler.

Because u said u don't touch hardware and you don't take fans out. For example right now u should take the cooler off and see what's going on under the heatsink.... But if you're scared, how on earth are you going to plug two hose on your cpu and figure out where the bubbles go? Also watercooling rtx2060 and 12700F is too much expense on cooling for stuff that are not vocanically hot.
The CPU is built to boost up to thermal limits if there is power budget... You will see 90C because thats what the chip can handle. Heck in most laptops they run at 90C all the time. Winter or not, if the case airflow was (and such was said) inadequate, that stock cooler is inhaling its own crap. Remember, its a topflow design, so it just splashes the heat out onto the MB.

Fun story, I built an ITX system once and the stock Intel fan didn't work on the cooler. I didn't realize. Started playing Borderlands on that Pentium Gsomething for the lulz. Checked temps. 90-94C. Was gaming for a half hour by then... just the heatsink kept the whole thing going. Passively. With 1 intake fan.

Last edited:
@BossSiggy

Yeah

haha yeah okay. You definitely have the funniest comments i even seen in a place like this.

if im getting something changed, i would let the shop do it while they change my CPU, i hate cleaning my pc inside, because of so many screws, fans, etc. And if i had a car and it didnt cost 50-100 USD for someone to clean your pc in Denmark i would do that every 2nd month instead, but its to expensive, so i do it myself instead and yeah i think im gonna stay away from AIO cooling from what everyone is saying.

Lei

Case aluminium extrusions copper panels, 60 deliveries for every piece down to screws
Audio Device(s) sony stereo mic, logitech c930, Gulikit pro 2 + xbox Series S controller, moded bt headphone 1200mAh
Keep the Air Conditioning on when in use
Denmark is now 37° Fahrenheit. I'm sure if he turns the AC off, his PC is going to love that :D

I was going to suggest that, but my fireproof suit isn't handy. I use Windows defender only and have no problems.
My supervisor told me her laptop is slow. She gave it to me and napped with her nose brushing on the mousepad. I made sure she's not looking while I uninstalled 3 Anti-Viruses.

Ah, she put a video to play on elevator televisions. Evey now and then then video would stop playing. So she threw me inside the elevator and said fix it. I sent her away by saying "hey look, my parrot is not wearing diapers today, so he can poop..." Supervisor left the elevator to bring some paper tissues. I uninstalled the security app from the televisions.... They were popping up and interrupting the video from playing.

Aah. Well, I don't ever let it *full* scan honestly. If anything happens Defender just gives you a warning.

The CPU is built to boost up to thermal limits if there is power budget... You will see 90C because thats what the chip can handle. Heck in most laptops they run at 90C all the time. Winter or not, if the case airflow was (and such was said) inadequate, that stock cooler is inhaling its own crap.
Yeah okay, i just did a quick scan to see what temperatures i would reach doing that and then i only hit 65 degrees c, so alot better then when im doing a full scan.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Yeah okay, i just did a quick scan to see what temperatures i would reach doing that and then i only hit 65 degrees c, so alot better then when im doing a full scan.
Yeah, so thats progress - quick win achieved :) Next step I would say is installing 2 front intake fans.

Also on whatever taxes your CPU most, it'll depend but it really should not be a worry you should have when using your PC. 80C is a good temp to look at though, that I agree on. If that's your maximum load temp, maybe peaking to 85C, you're more than fine.

Reactions: Lei
System Name Trackstar
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D -30 All Core CO (on Corsair XC5 block)
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2 Rev 1.0 (F16f BIOS)
Cooling Corsair XD5 pump / Corsair XR5 1x 360mm (front) + 1x 420mm (top) rads
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GVKA)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6950XT OC Formula (on Bykski A-AR6900XTOCF-X block)
Storage WD_BLACK SN850X 2TB w/HS
Display(s) Dell S3222DGM 32" 1440p/165Hz
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200 Integrated Audio
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1200W / Liebert GXT4-1500RT120 UPS
Mouse Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60 RGB PRO
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/sw/439846 https://www.3dmark.com/fs/29315810
Its not the best cooling. The best cooling is whatever is the best fit for both the user, the use case, and the hardware you want to cool.

Watercooling is more expensive, more maintenance intensive / has more parts that can break, and if they do, its more problematic. You also have to place a radiator somewhere on top mounting the cooler.
Air cooling is cheap to buy, it costs zero to maintain (blow out a fan/heatsink once in a while, at best), and a single 20-30 dollar unit will certainly last twice as long as any AIO watercooler on the market, if not longer, and if something breaks, its a fan you can replace for 10 bucks.

Most AIO (all in one) watercooling with a 120mm radiator is also just not better than a decent air cooler. And going bigger for your chip is overkill.

Real watercooling in my book is a custom loop with a very large radiator to get an optimal cooling performance to extract maximum performance from a chip. You're clearly not looking for that. You just want to use your PC.
Seconded. Thoughtfully sized and properly configured air cooling can come within spitting distance of watercooling in most instances and is significantly easier to maintain. Fewer moving parts = fewer headaches. Cheap AIOs just flat out aren't worth it (and often perform worse than good air cooling) and high end custom loop cooling is really only for those who get a kick out of performing maintenance on a regular basis, speaking from experience :D

BossSiggy, it sounds like you might just need some more airflow within the case, do you have room for any additional intake fans?

Lei

80C is a good temp to look at though, that I agree on. If that's your maximum load temp, maybe peaking to 85C, you're more than fine.
Yep, 80 is fine. My cpu can get 75° on watercooling. That's when I turn the fans off on rad for 2 hours. But that temp certainly doesn't kill the cpu.

You're running basically a 180W CPU with intel stock cooler, of course it is going to heat up. It's alright/expected, if intel designed such a cooler for the i7, it can't run anything other than hot. Alternative is that you buy a 3rd party CPU cooler and there were some suggested already. Stay with air coolers for simplicity, I'd say.

The CPU is built to boost up to thermal limits if there is power budget... You will see 90C because thats what the chip can handle. Heck in most laptops they run at 90C all the time. Winter or not, if the case airflow was (and such was said) inadequate, that stock cooler is inhaling its own crap. Remember, its a topflow design, so it just splashes the heat out onto the MB.

Fun story, I built an ITX system once and the stock Intel fan didn't work on the cooler. I didn't realize. Started playing Borderlands on that Pentium Gsomething for the lulz. Checked temps. 90-94C. Was gaming for a half hour by then... just the heatsink kept the whole thing going. Passively. With 1 intake fan.
From https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-25m-cache-up-to-4-90-ghz/specifications.html it says it can handle 100 degrees c, but after my old pc pretty much died from heat, i spend some time on google looking at what is the most recommended and i see most sites recommend maximum 80, but i also know that some new CPU's get insanely hot, i cant remember the name, but it was a new AMD CPU and it would hit around 100 c real quick and it wasnt even a issue from what the yt'er said ?

when im changing the CPU im prettu sure im gonna get that BE QUIET PURE ROCK 2 just to be on the good side, even though some people are saying its not necessary, mostly because i dont have car and if im still not happy with the temperatures after changing the CPU, i dont want to bother people with having to drive me there and spend money on benzin or what ever, and its just 400 DKK anyway, wich is around 60 USD i think.

That sounds annoying, i hate when you buy something and its not how it should be, because it takes extra time and can cost extra money aswell, but yeah nothing is perfect.

Denmark is now 37° Fahrenheit. I'm sure if he turns the AC off, his PC is going to love that :D

My supervisor told me her laptop is slow. She gave it to me and napped with her nose brushing on the mousepad. I made sure she's not looking while I uninstalled 3 Anti-Viruses.

Ah, she put a video to play on elevator televisions. Evey now and then then video would stop playing. So she threw me inside the elevator and said fix it. I sent her away by saying "hey look, my parrot is not wearing diapers today, so he can poop..." Supervisor left the elevator to bring some paper tissues. I uninstalled the security app from the televisions.... They were popping up and interrupting the video from playing.
3 anti virus haha that sounds like overkill and yeah ofcourse its gonna slow down your pc.

haha nice security app, maybe they should look into a different security app aswell haha.

Yeah, so thats progress - quick win achieved :) Next step I would say is installing 2 front intake fans.

Also on whatever taxes your CPU most, it'll depend but it really should not be a worry you should have when using your PC. 80C is a good temp to look at though, that I agree on. If that's your maximum load temp, maybe peaking to 85C, you're more than fine.
I might get 2 intake fans aswell. But what is good there ?

Seconded. Thoughtfully sized and properly configured air cooling can come within spitting distance of watercooling in most instances and is significantly easier to maintain. Fewer moving parts = fewer headaches. Cheap AIOs just flat out aren't worth it (and often perform worse than good air cooling) and high end custom loop cooling is really only for those who get a kick out of performing maintenance on a regular basis, speaking from experience :D

BossSiggy, it sounds like you might just need some more airflow within the case, do you have room for any additional intake fans?
From what you and Vayra is saying i am going to stick with air cooling. I mean im not even sure if my case have room for 2 intake fans, its NZXT H510.

Yep, 80 is fine. My cpu can get 75° on watercooling. That's when I turn the fans off on rad for 2 hours. But that temp certainly doesn't kill the cpu.
75 would be better, but as long as its not over 80 im happy.

Lei

it can handle 100 degrees c, but after my old pc pretty much died from heat, i spend some time on google looking at ...

@BossSiggy
You killed your another pc with heat too?

Scared Who Framed Roger Rabbit GIF

I cant remember the name, but it was a new AMD CPU and it would hit around 100 c real quick and it wasnt even a issue from what the yt'er said ?

The thing about AMD is that it shows higher temps in HW monitor. But Dr. Lisa Su asked her engineers to develop a software called Ryzen Master which shows temps lower than anyone else. We don't know how but perhaps Dr. Lisa trying to say: I may not look hot but I'm still sexy.

i dont have car and if im still not happy with the temperatures after changing the CPU, i dont want to bother people with having to drive me there and spend money on benzin or what ever, and its just 400 DKK anyway, wich is around 60 USD i think.
Speaking of benzin, are u sure u didn't pour some in your PC. Otherwise Idk how you managed to burn your CPUs so quickly

You're running basically a 180W CPU with intel stock cooler, of course it is going to heat up. It's alright/expected, if intel designed such a cooler for the i7, it can't run anything other than hot. Alternative is that you buy a 3rd party CPU cooler and there were some suggested already. Stay with air coolers for simplicity, I'd say.
You are saying ofcourse its going to heat up, but with my old pc i had for 8 years i never thought about temperatures in a pc, until i couldnt watch movies on VLC media player, listen to music on iTunes, etc. Without sound and video lagging, sometimes there needs to be a problem before you realize stuff. It just confuses me why Intel dont make better stock coolers, but i guess its because most was like i used to, didnt think about it or they use it for so light weight stuff that it doesnt matter, or they just dont care. Yeah i think im gonna buy the BE QUIET PURE ROCK 2 and im definitely staying with air cooling after hearing more about AIO coolers.

@BossSiggy
You killed your another pc with heat too?

Scared Who Framed Roger Rabbit GIF

The thing about AMD is that it shows higher temps in HW monitor. But Dr. Lisa Su asked her engineers to develop a software called Ryzen Master which shows temps lower than anyone else. We don't know how but perhaps Dr. Lisa trying to say: I may not look hot but I'm still sexy.

Speaking of benzin, are u sure u didn't pour some in your PC. Otherwise Idk how you managed to burn your CPUs so quickly
Yeah i never thought about temperature before the problems i mentioned and smart status bad error lmao.

so what you are saying is that AMD is lying about their temperatures or are AMD just better at staying cool than Intel ?

hahaha i didnt take care of my old pc at all, but i mean this thread tells me i learned a little bit haha and now i also clean it way more inside than i did with the old one.

System Name ASUS TUF F15
Processor Intel Core i5-10300H
Motherboard ASUS FX506LHB
Cooling Laptop built-in cooling lol
Memory 24GB @ 2933 Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Intel UHD & Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile
Storage WD Black SN770 NVMe 1TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) Dell 27 4K Monitor S2721QS; Samsung Odyssey G55 Curved 2K 144 Hz LC27G55TQWRXEN
Audio Device(s) LOGITECH 2.1-channel
Power Supply ASUS 180W PSU (from more powerful ASUS TUF DASH F15 lol)
Mouse Logitech G604
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7 TKL
Software Windows 11 Pro
Hello. My old pc died because it got to hot, so recently i bought a new pc and one of the first things i did was checking what temperatures it would reach, because i dont want that to happen again and just by doing a simple task like running Windows full virus scan it was reaching +90 degrees celcius and ive been researching and from what i undertand your CPU shouldnt reach higher that 80 degrees celcius under maximum load, so i contacted the shop where i bought it and Intel about it and Intel told me to update the BIOS (i did that and it didnt fix the problem) they then said that if it didnt fix the problem, both them and the shop told me to change the CPU with a new one of same model (i7-12700F) and get a better CPU cooler instead of the stock one and no matter what i will change the CPU, because i obviously dont want a CPU that there is something wrong with, but id like to save the money for a new CPU cooler for something else, if its possible, so my question is if there is any way for me to get my CPU down in temperature without changing the cooler, without loosing performance and my pc being to loud, i have set my fans to go to 100 at 50 degrees celcius in BIOS, but i still hit +81 degrees celcius doing virus scan, i can then set my pc in power saver mode and it will only 64 degrees celcius doing a scan, but that takes off way to much performance i think ? id like to have my pc on either balanced or high performance. Also Intel is telling me that i need a cooler with at least 180 watt, but the shop where i bought the pc is saying that BE QUIET PURE ROCK 2 is more than enough (its less than 180 watt though) and im thinking Intel is right, since they made the CPU, so they should know best, but i want to hear other peoples opinion on that aswell.
BE QUIET PURE ROCK 2 is trash for 12700F lmfao.
Of course get a dark rock (at least not pro is enough) or noctua d15/u12 series or AIO watercooler, 240 or 360 mm.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Of course get a dark rock (at least not pro is enough) or noctua d15/u12 series or AIO watercooler, 240 or 360 mm.
Its not ideal, but it'll work fine. Isn't it also possible to limit the CPU TDP in BIOS? Just drop it to 120-130W and done.

I might get 2 intake fans aswell. But what is good there ?
Be Quiet, Fractal, Phanteks, Noctua for numerous quality options. Your case can fit 2x 140mm in the front, so get 140mm in any case - larger means they can rotate slower for similar effect. Get a fan with max of 1100-1500 RPM on any of these brands, PWM is a bonus. You can spend anywhere from 10 - 30 bucks on fans like this.

Here's a real value option that ticks all boxes, for example. These probably won't last as long as more expensive options, but if you get five for the price of 1/2...

Last edited:

Lei

and im definitely staying with air cooling after hearing more about AIO coolers.
AIO is for kids. Real men do custom loop. But you need to be good with tools and have problem solving skills. For example I cut sausages with scissors and BBQ them on my 5-sided infrared heater. No knife, no problem.

So what you are saying is that AMD is lying about their temperatures or are AMD just better at staying cool than Intel ?
AMD is saying we put the sensors somewhere your software can't read them. So you're reading higher than what actually is there.
Anyway, CPUs don't die with heat, they're smart enough to slow down or turn themselves off before they burn from overheating.
As @Vayra86 said most laptop CPUs are working hotter than desktops and they're still not good tasty BBQs

Salt Bae Steak GIF

Well those 2 fans are the only ones i can get from my shop and im not going with the watercooler option, to much work and they are more pricy aswell.

Lei

Well those 2 fans are the only ones i can get from my shop and im not going with the watercooler option, to much work and they are more pricy aswell.
Bigger fans make less noise than smaller ones. And more fans make less noise than fewer fans.
If you run 3 big fans at lower spin, you chill more than if you put 2 tiny fans running fast like a jet engine.

Its not ideal, but it'll work fine. Isn't it also possible to limit the CPU TDP in BIOS? Just drop it to 120-130W and done.

Be Quiet, Fractal, Phanteks, Noctua for numerous quality options. Your case can fit 2x 140mm in the front, so get 140mm in any case - larger means they can rotate slower for similar effect. Get a fan with max of 1100-1500 RPM on any of these brands, PWM is a bonus. You can spend anywhere from 10 - 30 bucks on fans like this.

Here's a real value option that ticks all boxes, for example. These probably won't last as long as more expensive options, but if you get five for the price of 1/2...

I will check if i can do that in BIOS. But what does that actually mean ? Except that im lowering the watts ?

yeah okay i will make sure its 140mm, that its 1100-1500 RPM and one of those brands. What is PVM ?

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I will check if i can do that in BIOS. But what does that actually mean ? Except that im lowering the watts ?

yeah okay i will make sure its 140mm, that its 1100-1500 RPM and one of those brands. What is PVM ?
PWM means you can control the fan speed better, set up a temp curve etc.

If you can limit max power draw you reduce how 'bursty' the CPU is, it can burn up to 180W per second as long as it doesn't bump into a thermal limit. It uses that power to reach the turbo clocks it has on the spec sheet; the CPU wants to complete every job as fast as possible. That's why you get high temps. So you can approach the problem from two ends: reduce how much power it can use, and/or improve cooling. Both will help you get the noise down, performance will remain more than fine, and you don't spend big on cooling it.

Lei

@BossSiggy
PWM is Pulse Width Modulation. They can control their speed by reading temp from sensors.
But non-PWM fans can also have different speeds through the DC voltage given to them. The difference is someone (a software) should control the voltage for them because they don't have PWM inside themselves.

So PWM fans are like Lewis Hamilton, they drive themselves. But DC fans are like a Ralley driver who needs to listen to a guide sitting next to him.

Speeding Slow Down GIF by McLaren

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Don't forget that the placement of your computer tower can also impact its ability to cool. Take my younger brother, years ago (back when the AMD 64 X2 processors were still a good go to). He kept his computer tower in a small compartment of his desk. The compartment was just a bit bigger than his tower so he slid it in there....the damn system choked to death on poor air flow and pet hair/dander (had a dog and two cats at the time). The PSU overheated and died, taking the MB, RAM and maybe even the CPU with it.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Take off the glass and wrap it in a towel for safe keeping and use case as open like some of us do.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
yeah okay, i dont know what fits me best, but from the other stuff you are saying i definitely want air cooling then, since an air cooler will last longer than a AIO cooler, i hate to much maintenance and making it more complicated than it has to be if something brakes and then its just a bonus that its cheaper aswell.

Yeah i just want a fast pc, i dont even game and plan to game on pc and the program i use that uses the most resources is probably anti virus ?

my pc is standing in the open, with alot of space on the front and the left of it and on the other sides it has at least 5 cm of space. I clean my pc every 2 weeks outside and every 2 months inside. What is proper cooling ? Would any of theese coolers be good enough ? BE QUIET PURE ROCK 2 or CORSAIR H100x WATERCOOLER, 240MM. From what peple are saying i think im gonna stick with air cooling. We dont have air condition in our homes in Denmark.
Have you thought about a portable AC unit?

Im using a ThermalRight ARO M14G on a Ryzen 7 5800.