• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How do i get my CPU down in temperatures ?

System Name The New, Improved, Vicious, Stable, Silent Gaming Space Heater
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling be quiet! DRP4 (w/ added SilentWings3), 3x SilentWings3 120mm @Front, Noctua S12A @Back
Memory Teamgroup DDR4 3600 16GBx2 @18-22-22-22-42 -> 18-20-20-20-40
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX7900XTX HellHound
Storage ADATA SX8200 1GB, Crucial P3+ 4TB (w/adaptor, Gen2 speed), Seagate 3TB+1TB HDD, Kingston SA400 512GB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27U @ 4K150?Hz, AOC 24G2 @1080p100Hz(Max144Hz) vertical, ASUS VP228H@1080p60Hz vertical
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) Gigabyte GP-S3000
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200 (ATX3.0 compliant)
Mouse Razer Deathadder V3 wired
Keyboard Non-branded wired full custom mechanical keyboard from my brother's leftover
When I hear the word NZHT H500/H510 I facepalmed hard...

I may have missed if OP tried using the PC with side panel open/removed, check the temps and see if the stock cooler is good enough.

If so, try installing the 2 intake fans (and probably 1 more on top as exhaust).
If not, buy a better cooler. Not familiar with 12/13gen, so not sure what cooler is "good enough".

If the stock cooler is good enough but the airflow is still not good, and OP don't want to open/remove side panel on long term, a custom ventilated side panel may help. My brother is using one. But I think that's a nuclear option.

System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
I thought the same thing. Intake fans might help but honestly not much. You could try three intake fans on top but ymmv. I might see if you can’t get a new case.

yapfei

dismantle the cooler and reapply thermal paste

google some Utube video to see how some clowns apply thermal paste on CPU

The only thing to add with air coolers, try and get such a one that has its fan pointed at motherboard if you can, so it cools the board and its circuitry too.

AMF

System Name MR T System price 2280$
Processor Ryzen 9 3900x 4.7Ghz boost pbo +50 enabled 325$ - offset auto voltage llc auto cpu and soc
Motherboard ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming 125 $ open box
Cooling 280mm ARCTIC FREEZER II idle temps 25c cpu 28c cpu diode 20c vrm 25c motherboard b stock 60$
Memory 2x 16GB Dual rank G Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16-16GTZNC @3800 1.395v 16-19-16-20-38-58-1T $96
Video Card(s) Asrock RX 6950XT Oc formula Oc edition 705$ 2700 2800 boost 1090v 2376mhz mem 19GB/s
Storage 500 GB WD SN850 PCI-E 4.0x4 85$ pcie16x4
Display(s) V505-J09 Vizio 4k HDR 299$ oc 5hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max G Full Tower Tempered Glass 150$
Audio Device(s) TV junk ewww
Power Supply Seasonic SS-1250XM2 Bought in 2013 350$ 11 y/o hasnt lost any voltage or watts
Mouse Logitech ERGO Trackball 35$
Keyboard Corsair K57 50$
VR HMD Dont give a damn about vr
Software win 11 free hehe
Benchmark Scores 8188 multi 540 single cinebench r20
Hello. My old pc died because it got to hot, so recently i bought a new pc and one of the first things i did was checking what temperatures it would reach, because i dont want that to happen again and just by doing a simple task like running Windows full virus scan it was reaching +90 degrees celcius and ive been researching and from what i undertand your CPU shouldnt reach higher that 80 degrees celcius under maximum load, so i contacted the shop where i bought it and Intel about it and Intel told me to update the BIOS (i did that and it didnt fix the problem) they then said that if it didnt fix the problem, both them and the shop told me to change the CPU with a new one of same model (i7-12700F) and get a better CPU cooler instead of the stock one and no matter what i will change the CPU, because i obviously dont want a CPU that there is something wrong with, but id like to save the money for a new CPU cooler for something else, if its possible, so my question is if there is any way for me to get my CPU down in temperature without changing the cooler, without loosing performance and my pc being to loud, i have set my fans to go to 100 at 50 degrees celcius in BIOS, but i still hit +81 degrees celcius doing virus scan, i can then set my pc in power saver mode and it will only 64 degrees celcius doing a scan, but that takes off way to much performance i think ? id like to have my pc on either balanced or high performance. Also Intel is telling me that i need a cooler with at least 180 watt, but the shop where i bought the pc is saying that BE QUIET PURE ROCK 2 is more than enough (its less than 180 watt though) and im thinking Intel is right, since they made the CPU, so they should know best, but i want to hear other peoples opinion on that aswell.
arctic freezer II 280mm the fins are packed tighter and rad is way thicker ... thatll keep temps under control arctic mx-6 thermal paste

System Name ASUS TUF F15
Processor Intel Core i5-10300H
Motherboard ASUS FX506LHB
Cooling Laptop built-in cooling lol
Memory 24GB @ 2933 Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Intel UHD & Nvidia GTX 1650 Mobile
Storage WD Black SN770 NVMe 1TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) Dell 27 4K Monitor S2721QS; Samsung Odyssey G55 Curved 2K 144 Hz LC27G55TQWRXEN
Audio Device(s) LOGITECH 2.1-channel
Power Supply ASUS 180W PSU (from more powerful ASUS TUF DASH F15 lol)
Mouse Logitech G604
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7 TKL
Software Windows 11 Pro
AIO is for kids. Real men do custom loop. But you need to be good with tools and have problem solving skills.
custom loop is for more "cybertechy" look, which in real life mostly looks like Mario playing map...
yes it's definitely could look nice, but it's overvalued for cooling, it's mostly for visual. The only positive side is that you can replace all these weared parts without replacing the whlole system, but here time is money, better to get good AIO from start when you need JUST COOLING, and you won't go to the local preliminary school for show-off.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
cpu: Intel i7 12700F with stock cooler
Ding Ding Ding well there's your answer sock coolers are ok at best and completely inadequate at worst .
If you can afford an H100 AIO then got for it it'll make a huge difference when compared to the "stock cooler"

Its not ideal, but it'll work fine. Isn't it also possible to limit the CPU TDP in BIOS? Just drop it to 120-130W and done.

Be Quiet, Fractal, Phanteks, Noctua for numerous quality options. Your case can fit 2x 140mm in the front, so get 140mm in any case - larger means they can rotate slower for similar effect. Get a fan with max of 1100-1500 RPM on any of these brands, PWM is a bonus. You can spend anywhere from 10 - 30 bucks on fans like this.

Here's a real value option that ticks all boxes, for example. These probably won't last as long as more expensive options, but if you get five for the price of 1/2...

i checked to see if i could limit the CPU TDP everywhere in BIOS, but i couldnt find it anywhere, so either i dont have it or i missed it, where exactly should i look for it in BIOS ?

ah yeah i realized my BIOS already have PVM, since thats where i adjusted my CPU fans already.

AIO is for kids. Real men do custom loop. But you need to be good with tools and have problem solving skills. For example I cut sausages with scissors and BBQ them on my 5-sided infrared heater. No knife, no problem.

AMD is saying we put the sensors somewhere your software can't read them. So you're reading higher than what actually is there.
Anyway, CPUs don't die with heat, they're smart enough to slow down or turn themselves off before they burn from overheating.
As @Vayra86 said most laptop CPUs are working hotter than desktops and they're still not good tasty BBQs

Salt Bae Steak GIF
Yeah i'll just stick to air cooling from what ive heard.

yeah okay stupid that they put the sensors somewhere our software cant read them, that kinda defeats the purpose to me.

how come my old pc died from heat then ? I mean it wasnt only because of that, also bad cleaning inside and that is was 8 years old, but heat was definitely a problem aswell.

Bigger fans make less noise than smaller ones. And more fans make less noise than fewer fans.
If you run 3 big fans at lower spin, you chill more than if you put 2 tiny fans running fast like a jet engine.
Okay so i need to always go for as big fans and as many as possible in the future.

PWM means you can control the fan speed better, set up a temp curve etc.

If you can limit max power draw you reduce how 'bursty' the CPU is, it can burn up to 180W per second as long as it doesn't bump into a thermal limit. It uses that power to reach the turbo clocks it has on the spec sheet; the CPU wants to complete every job as fast as possible. That's why you get high temps. So you can approach the problem from two ends: reduce how much power it can use, and/or improve cooling. Both will help you get the noise down, performance will remain more than fine, and you don't spend big on cooling it.
Id prefer improving cooling then, because ive made choices that is slowing down my pc atm. To keep my temperatures at what they are now, so with better cooling i can turn up the performance of my pc again and enjoy it better.

Don't forget that the placement of your computer tower can also impact its ability to cool. Take my younger brother, years ago (back when the AMD 64 X2 processors were still a good go to). He kept his computer tower in a small compartment of his desk. The compartment was just a bit bigger than his tower so he slid it in there....the damn system choked to death on poor air flow and pet hair/dander (had a dog and two cats at the time). The PSU overheated and died, taking the MB, RAM and maybe even the CPU with it.
My pc is standing next to my desk with 5 cms. Of space on the back and on the right of it and on the other sides it has alot of space, so i think im good on that

Take off the glass and wrap it in a towel for safe keeping and use case as open like some of us do.
You sure about that ? I have a dog and i smoke, so i dont think thats the move ? More cleaning no thanks, id rather spend money on better cooling then, even a better case for 2 intake fans if thats needed.

Have you thought about a portable AC unit?

Im using a ThermalRight ARO M14G on a Ryzen 7 5800.
Yeah ive thought about that and its smart and easy, but its also gonna take up space wich im not a big fan of.

When I hear the word NZHT H500/H510 I facepalmed hard...

I may have missed if OP tried using the PC with side panel open/removed, check the temps and see if the stock cooler is good enough.

If so, try installing the 2 intake fans (and probably 1 more on top as exhaust).
If not, buy a better cooler. Not familiar with 12/13gen, so not sure what cooler is "good enough".

If the stock cooler is good enough but the airflow is still not good, and OP don't want to open/remove side panel on long term, a custom ventilated side panel may help. My brother is using one. But I think that's a nuclear option.
I havent used it with the side panel removed, but i also smoke and have a dog, so im doubting thats a good idea ? Alot of people are saying get 2 intake fans, so maybe i will do that, but i already have 1 at the top and 1 rear, you think i one more at the top ?

I thought the same thing. Intake fans might help but honestly not much. You could try three intake fans on top but ymmv. I might see if you can’t get a new case.
3 intake fans at the top ? Most people are saying change the CPU, 2 intake fans at the front and a better CPU cooler ?

dismantle the cooler and reapply thermal paste

google some Utube video to see how some clowns apply thermal paste on CPU
I will get a new CPU for free no matter what, so the shop will put new thermal paste on the new CPU im sure.

The only thing to add with air coolers, try and get such a one that has its fan pointed at motherboard if you can, so it cools the board and its circuitry too.
From this picture shouldnt the motherboard get enough cooling already ? I dont have issues with the motherboard getting to hot or had that before ?

arctic freezer II 280mm the fins are packed tighter and rad is way thicker ... thatll keep temps under control arctic mx-6 thermal paste
What about BE QUIET PURE ROCK 2 since thats the only CPU cooler the shop i buy from have for my case and id like the shop to put in the new cooler

custom loop is for more "cybertechy" look, which in real life mostly looks like Mario playing map...
yes it's definitely could look nice, but it's overvalued for cooling, it's mostly for visual. The only positive side is that you can replace all these weared parts without replacing the whlole system, but here time is money, better to get good AIO from start when you need JUST COOLING, and you won't go to the local preliminary school for show-off.
From what people are saying i will go with air cooling

Ding Ding Ding well there's your answer sock coolers are ok at best and completely inadequate at worst .
If you can afford an H100 AIO then got for it it'll make a huge difference when compared to the "stock cooler"
I will go with air coolers from what people are saying, unless someone can give me a reason to why i should choose AIO over air cooling.

Attachments

• PC plads.jpg
    PC plads.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Fans.jpg
    Fans.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 43
System Name Trackstar
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D -30 All Core CO (on Corsair XC5 block)
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2 Rev 1.0 (F16f BIOS)
Cooling Corsair XD5 pump / Corsair XR5 1x 360mm (front) + 1x 420mm (top) rads
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GVKA)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6950XT OC Formula (on Bykski A-AR6900XTOCF-X block)
Storage WD_BLACK SN850X 2TB w/HS
Display(s) Dell S3222DGM 32" 1440p/165Hz
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200 Integrated Audio
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1200W / Liebert GXT4-1500RT120 UPS
Mouse Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60 RGB PRO
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/sw/439846 https://www.3dmark.com/fs/29315810
Okay so i need to always go for as big fans and as many as possible in the future.

I havent used it with the side panel removed, but i also smoke and have a dog, so im doubting thats a good idea ? Alot of people are saying get 2 intake fans, so maybe i will do that, but i already have 1 at the top and 1 rear, you think i one more at the top ?

What about BE QUIET PURE ROCK 2 since thats the only CPU cooler the shop i buy from have for my case and id like the shop to put in the new cooler

I will go with air coolers from what people are saying, unless someone can give me a reason to why i should choose AIO over air cooling.

1. Not necessarily, just as long as you balance the airflow with the level of the heat produced by your components you'll be fine, no sense in going overkill if you won't need it.

2. Try and aim for something like this, this is a good airflow layout for a midrange system.

1674334304553.png

3. The Pure Rock 2 is an excellent mid-tier air cooler, you'll definitely see lower temps using something like that. I'd say go for it if they don't have it for a ridiculous price.

4. Air cooling all the way, Liquid/AIO is unnecessary if you're not planning on pushing your system hard. Good air coolers with well thought out airflow layouts can often times rival AIOs.

Reactions: Lei
Processor Threadripper 3955WX
Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3733 (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) 5700XT + 3x RX 590
Storage A lot
Display(s) ViewSonic G225fB
Case Corsair 760T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply be quiet! DPP12 1500W
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
the case is NZXT H510
Ladies and gentlemen. We've got him.

THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM.

my pc is standing in the open, with alot of space on the front and the left of it and on the other sides it has at least 5 cm of space. I clean my pc every 2 weeks outside and every 2 months inside.
It'd make no difference if it stood inside a cabinet, because the case has literally no air intake, zero. The fans at the front are decorative so you could pretty much remove them and it'd be the same. And there's only so much the rear exhaust can do.

This is a terrible case in many aspects and it should be banned from being sold.

1. Not necessarily, just as long as you balance the airflow with the level of the heat produced by your components you'll be fine, no sense in going overkill if you won't need it.

2. Try and aim for something like this, this is a good airflow layout for a midrange system.

View attachment 280273
3. The Pure Rock 2 is an excellent mid-tier air cooler, you'll definitely see lower temps using something like that. I'd say go for it if they don't have it for a ridiculous price.

4. Air cooling all the way, Liquid/AIO is unnecessary if you're not planning on pushing your system hard. Good air coolers with well thought out airflow layouts can often times rival AIOs.
1. Yeah okay, but since i dont know much about when its overkill, bigger and more fans is better i guess.

2. But yeah from what ive heard the case you are showing a picture of is what most people recommend that or just change the CPU cooler.

3. Its 58 USD and thats not alot, i dont know the prices or coolers generally though, so i dont know if its cheap, mid or expensive for what im getting.

4. Yeah from what ive been reading AIO takes to much maintenance, repairing and is more expensive and you can get same results with air ?

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Just take off the glass door already. If you complain about smoking and dog hair youre being lazy.

To make it more understandable...Cover yourself in a garbage bag see how long you last.

Ladies and gentlemen. We've got him.

THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM.

It'd make no difference if it stood inside a cabinet, because the case has literally no air intake, zero. The fans at the front are decorative so you could pretty much remove them and it'd be the same. And there's only so much the rear exhaust can do.

This is a terrible case in many aspects and it should be banned from being sold.
most people are not agreeing with it being the case thats the problem, most people are saying i just need 2 intake front fans and a better CPU cooler or just a better CPU cooler. Also there is no fans at the front atm. Like you are saying.

Just take off the glass door already. If you complain about smoking and dog hair youre being lazy.

To make it more understandable...Cover yourself in a garbage bag see how long you last.
Most people are saying get 2 intake front fans and better CPU cooler or just a better CPU cooler though and yes im very lazy, the less maintenance and cleaning the better.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Fair enough then get yourself a decent air cooler as you'll never get temps under control with that POS stock cooler any twin tower cooler with two fans should be able to do a much better job with less noise just remember to clean of the thermal paste from both cooler and CPU and use a decent thermal paste replacement

Fair enough then get yourself a decent air cooler as you'll never get temps under control with that POS stock cooler any twin tower cooler with two fans should be able to do a much better job with less noise just remember to clean of the thermal paste from both cooler and CPU and use a decent thermal paste replacement
You are the first one mentioning twin tower cooler, you think i need to go that far to get my CPU temperatures down ? Most people are saying just get a better CPU cooler or 2 intake front fans and a better CPU cooler. Im getting a new 12700F CPU for free, so im sure they apply thermal paste, when switching it out.

Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
3 intake fans at the top ? Most people are saying change the CPU, 2 intake fans at the front and a better CPU cooler ?
My bad, I didn’t realize only one fan is supported on top. You can add intake fans to the front but they aren’t going to help much. The case only has the tiny perforated steel on the side for intake — you’re basically putting the fans against a wall.

Make some screenshots from HWiNFO
then reset your bios to factory settings
Then make some more screenshots after this and post results.

Edit: Ofc when you are sure, that your fan is properly set on your cpu and enough thermal paste is covering ur cpu. (put a thermal paste drop on the cpu then spread it with a toothpick or spatula, dont follow some shitty "dot, circle, X spreading guides)

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock

Is this method getting the CPU temp down?.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Last edited:
Processor Threadripper 3955WX
Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3733 (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) 5700XT + 3x RX 590
Storage A lot
Display(s) ViewSonic G225fB
Case Corsair 760T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply be quiet! DPP12 1500W
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
most people are not agreeing with it being the case thats the problem, most people are saying i just need 2 intake front fans and a better CPU cooler or just a better CPU cooler. Also there is no fans at the front atm. Like you are saying.
Just because a lot of people claim the moon landing was fake doesn't means they're right. Where exactly will the fresh air come from is a mystery, why add fans to something that doesn't needs fans.

Most people are saying get 2 intake front fans and better CPU cooler or just a better CPU cooler though and yes im very lazy, the less maintenance and cleaning the better.
And I'm telling you if you put two fans inside a shoebox they'll just move air that's inside the box around, that's it.

The whole point of fans is to push fresh air inside the case. That hot box can't get any fresh air simply because it's completely sealed except for the rear mounting holes. Don't count the top ones because you can't fight physics, hot air is lighter so it rises, adding fans at the top to push it down would make things worse.

Getting a better CPU cooler will only delay the inevitable overheating, a larger heatsink means a slower rise in temperatures, but if you can't cool it properly it'll hit 80-90C again after a while, since there's nowhere that heat can go.

You can either grab a grinder and cut through that monstrosity of a case removing the front so the fans will work, "we do some modding" smash the crap oven glass at the side and rivet down a cut piece of metal with a hole for another fan, OR, get a proper case.
I'd do the modding, it'd look like out of a scrapyard but that's how I like it, performance over looks.

My bad, I didn’t realize only one fan is supported on top. You can add intake fans to the front but they aren’t going to help much. The case only has the tiny perforated steel on the side for intake — you’re basically putting the fans against a wall.
Makes sense what you are saying actually. So you are saying a new case and then what else would help ?

Edit: Ofc when you are sure, that your fan is properly set on your cpu and enough thermal paste is covering ur cpu. (put a thermal paste drop on the cpu then spread it with a toothpick or spatula, dont follow some shitty "dot, circle, X spreading guides)
You mean hwmonitor ? I already have a scr shot from that when im running my ''normal'' workload and then right after a full virus scan if Windows Defender. I can try and reset BIOS, then check how the temperatures is compared to before the reset and if there is any difference take scr shots of that and post it here.

Audio Device(s) A LOT
Probably a new cpu cooler, too, but you might be fine with a better case. Look for something with a mesh front. If you name a few options your shop has we can help you choose.

Just because a lot of people claim the moon landing was fake doesn't means they're right. Where exactly will the fresh air come from is a mystery, why add fans to something that doesn't needs fans.

And I'm telling you if you put two fans inside a shoebox they'll just move air that's inside the box around, that's it.

The whole point of fans is to push fresh air inside the case. That hot box can't get any fresh air simply because it's completely sealed except for the rear mounting holes. Don't count the top ones because you can't fight physics, hot air is lighter so it rises, adding fans at the top to push it down would make things worse.

Getting a better CPU cooler will only delay the inevitable overheating, a larger heatsink means a slower rise in temperatures, but if you can't cool it properly it'll hit 80-90C again after a while, since there's nowhere that heat can go.

You can either grab a grinder and cut through that monstrosity of a case removing the front so the fans will work, "we do some modding" smash the crap oven glass at the side and rivet down a cut piece of metal with a hole for another fan, OR, get a proper case.
I'd do the modding, it'd look like out of a scrapyard but that's how I like it, performance over looks.
I see your point. But what about the holes on the side of the front ? That cant help ? Its just annoying to buy a new pc and you think its working perfect and first i thought i just had to change the CPU cooler, then people told me i needed 2 intake front fans aswell, but now i might have to get a new case aswell and then 2 intake front fans for the new case aswell, so all of a sudden its way more than i thought and wanted.

Probably a new cpu cooler, too, but you might be fine with a better case. Look for something with a mesh front. If you name a few options your shop has we can help you choose.
this is a link to the shop: https://topdata.dk/shop/443-top-prime/ they only have 3 different cases from NZXT and it looks like they sold me the shittiest one, because their best pc's comes with a upgraded case of the one i have NZXT H511 FLOW BLACK