• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name Harm's Rig's
Processor 5950X /2700x / AMD 8370e 4500
Motherboard ASUS DARK HERO / ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III ARGB 360 AIO/ Zalman cooler fan 110mm
Memory Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 16GB (4x 8GB) 4000M TRIDENT Z F-43600V15D-16GTZ /G.SKILL DDR4
Video Card(s) ZOTAC AMP EXTREME AIRO 4090 / 1080 Ti /290X CFX
Storage SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB/ WD DARK 770 2TB , Sabrent NVMe 512GB / 1 SSD 250GB / 1 HHD 3 TB
Display(s) Thermal Grizzly WireView / TCL 646 55 TV / 50 Xfinity Hisense A6 XUMO TV
Case TT 37 VIEW 200MM'S/ NZXT Tempest custom
Audio Device(s) Sharp Aquos
Power Supply FSP Hydro PTM PRO 1200W ATX 3.0 PCI-E GEN-5 80 Plus Platinum - EVGA 1300G2/Corsair w750
Mouse G502
Keyboard G413
12 dollars !

Last edited:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Its considered a notoriously bad ARPG, I'm inclined to agree.
I read those reviews too, Do you consider Victor Vran or Path of Exile bad Games? Don't get me wrong it's no Zeliard or Grim Dawn and doesn't have Torchlight 1 or 2 quality but what I am establishing is that it is an ARPG and the controls, spells and everything else act like they should. Maybe when I am 8 to 10 hours in and the enemies are the same I will lament on my enjoyment. I will admit that the Game I want to play is The Ascent but since they deleted my Save file I do not want to grind back through that. What I am establishing is that as long as the controls are on point the ARPG experience is the same without variables like the story in the Dawn of War series.

It went semi-smoothly on my end, thank Inarius :) I did play Necro (of course) but didn't fell in love in the game or anything...
Maybe I shouldn't expect them to make it similar to D2, but the damage-sponginess of the mini bosses has been varsity overplayed n recent years. That makes most of the monster unmemorable. It's not like in D2 and those special super-uniques that we all know and love (Pindleskin, Frozenstein, etc.). But who knows, the full release might feel more substantial...

On the bright side, I loved the razor-sharp focus on itemization and how cool can the attributes get. Seems like min-maxing builds this time around will be quite the ride. In that respect, I think DIV is even better than PoE
How does it compare to Grim Dawn?

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
It went semi-smoothly on my end, thank Inarius :) I did play Necro (of course) but didn't fell in love in the game or anything...
Maybe I shouldn't expect them to make it similar to D2, but the damage-sponginess of the mini bosses has been varsity overplayed n recent years. That makes most of the monster unmemorable. It's not like in D2 and those special super-uniques that we all know and love (Pindleskin, Frozenstein, etc.). But who knows, the full release might feel more substantial...

On the bright side, I loved the razor-sharp focus on itemization and how cool can the attributes get. Seems like min-maxing builds this time around will be quite the ride. In that respect, I think DIV is even better than PoE

Yeah it actually went smoother than I expected, only had ques and disconnect issues on the first day then smooth playing all weekend.
Itemization does feel decent enough, I mean its a clear step up from D3 but still not overly complex like PoE's which is definitely not for everyone even in the genre. 'I'm not a fan of it myself'

To be honest I really don't want to overly judge the game cause yeah its just ACT 1 and lvl 25 and thats like nothing in an ARPG's full picture.
I will say tho I did enjoy this low lvl gameplay more than I usually do in other ARPGs, the more synergy/support legendaries/powers I found for my Sorc build I went with the better it felt to play the game/char and I found myself playing more.
It also felt nice to go back and burn down dungeon bosses in ~10 seconds that gave me trouble while leveling :laugh:. 'this is what keeps me playing this genre and looter shooters, to see builds start working and eventually destroy the content when its finished'

I read those reviews too, Do you consider Victor Vran or Path of Exile bad Games? Don't get me wrong it's no Zeliard or Grim Dawn and doesn't have Torchlight 1 or 2 quality but what I am establishing is that it is an ARPG and the controls, spells and everything else act like they should. Maybe when I am 8 to 10 hours in and the enemies are the same I will lament on my enjoyment. I will admit that the Game I want to play is The Ascent but since they deleted my Save file I do not want to grind back through that. What I am establishing is that as long as the controls are on point the ARPG experience is the same without variables like the story in the Dawn of War series.

While the question wasn't aimed at me I also played Wolcen when it was relased and at the time yea it wasn't in a good condition but I still finished the campaign once.
I heard the game had a few bigger updates since and they reworked a fair part of the game so honestly I have no idea how its like now.
I do remember that the game looks good at least, running on Cryengine + I did like the cosmetics system in the game. 'this should be like a standard in every ARPG imo..'

Thanks for reminding me of Ascent, almost forgot about it and its on gamepass even tho I'm not sure if its a good idea to play an ARPG there when they can just remove the game later.. 'base game only, might check it out anyway'

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Keyboard Logitech G510
While the question wasn't aimed at me I also played Wolcen when it was relased and at the time yea it wasn't in a good condition but I still finished the campaign once.
I heard the game had a few bigger updates since and they reworked a fair part of the game so honestly I have no idea how its like now.
I do remember that the game looks good at least, running on Cryengine + I did like the cosmetics system in the game. 'this should be like a standard in every ARPG imo..'

Thanks for reminding me of Ascent, almost forgot about it and its on gamepass even tho I'm not sure if its a good idea to play an ARPG there when they can just remove the game later.. 'base game only, might check it out anyway'
I think you have nailed it, There is a Warhammer 40K ARPG (Mechainicus I think) that I played early Access and started falling asleep after 20 minutes. Today that Game has much better reviews and is one of the higher rated Warhammer recent releases.

Ascent actually in some ways scratched my Cyberpunk itch more than Cyberpunk. The intro for that Game is also spectacular. I hear you on the Game Pass lament though. That is why I will always keep my GOG Galaxy account.

GOG Galaxy 2.0.60   2023-03-27 3_06_18 PM.png

Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Software Windows 10 Pro
I think you have nailed it, There is a Warhammer 40K ARPG (Mechainicus I think) that I played early Access and started falling asleep after 20 minutes. Today that Game has much better reviews and is one of the higher rated Warhammer recent releases.

Ascent actually in some ways scratched my Cyberpunk itch more than Cyberpunk. The intro for that Game is also spectacular. I hear you on the Game Pass lament though. That is why I will always keep my GOG Galaxy account.

View attachment 289459

I somewhat recall a Warhammer ARPG called Inquisitor Martyr I think but I never tried it. 'tbh I barely played any Warhammer game since the first 40k Dawn of War:oops:'
Yeah I got this 1 year gamepass code as a gift but I'm not fond of this idea of 'cycling' out games from the store, since I was brand new to gamepass I had no idea thats how it works and ofc I was playing Guardians of the galaxy when I got notified that its being removed soon.
I managed to finish the game on the very last day before they removed it, basically 'forced' me to play the damn thing all day and stay up till late night to pull it off. 'I'm not the gamer I used to be thats fo sure and I like to take my time and play at my own pace'

Actually I was planning to play Ascent after finishing Cyberpunk but then I forgot about it for some reason.:laugh:
I should definitely play it before D4 is relased casue then I will have my hands full with that 1 ARPG for a while.

With that said I'm back to continuing my Atomic Heart playthrough cause I'm also playing that on gamepass.

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510
I somewhat recall a Warhammer ARPG called Inquisitor Martyr I think but I never tried it. 'tbh I barely played any Warhammer game since the first 40k Dawn of War:oops:'
Yeah I got this 1 year gamepass code as a gift but I'm not fond of this idea of 'cycling' out games from the store, since I was brand new to gamepass I had no idea thats how it works and ofc I was playing Guardians of the galaxy when I got notified that its being removed soon.
I managed to finish the game on the very last day before they removed it, basically 'forced' me to play the damn thing all day and stay up till late night to pull it off. 'I'm not the gamer I used to be thats fo sure and I like to take my time and play at my own pace'

Actually I was planning to play Ascent after finishing Cyberpunk but then I forgot about it for some reason.:laugh:
I should definitely play it before D4 is relased casue then I will have my hands full with that 1 ARPG for a while.

With that said I'm back to continuing my Atomic Heart playthrough cause I'm also playing that on gamepass.
I think that might actually be the one! I am waiting for a Total War 40K (hope springs eternal) but totally enjoyed Space Marine. I am looking forward to Space Marine 2 as well. I have Games in my library that I have played one session and not looked back but that is one reason I would forgo Gamepass as does the install file also get removed or are you left with a Windows folder that you have no access to?

Software Windows 10 Pro
I think that might actually be the one! I am waiting for a Total War 40K (hope springs eternal) but totally enjoyed Space Marine. I am looking forward to Space Marine 2 as well. I have Games in my library that I have played one session and not looked back but that is one reason I would forgo Gamepass as does the install file also get removed or are you left with a Windows folder that you have no access to?

Actually I was curious myself and tried to start up Guardians last night before I deleted it.
The game would start to launch then black screen back to desktop and I get a gamepass 'error' message saying that I don't have this game in my profile. Also tried to direct launch from game's folder and the same happened.
From what I noticed they do something to the exe file because when I tried to HEX edit the exe to fix black bar 21:9 cutscenes it wouldn't allow my HXD hex editor to open the file even tho it always worked with other non gamepass games just fine. 'luckily flawless widescreen software fix worked instead'

System Name THU
Processor Intel Core i5-13600KF
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P D4
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis 3 v2 + Arctic Cooling MX-2
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 (dual rank)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X OC 12 GB GDDR6X (2610/21000 @ 0.91 V)
Storage Lexar NM790 2 TB + Corsair MP510 960 GB + PNY XLR8 CS3030 500 GB + Toshiba E300 3 TB
Display(s) LG OLED C8 55" + ASUS VP229Q
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V381 + Monitor Audio Bronze 6 + Bronze FX | FiiO E10K-TC + Sony MDR-7506
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Logitech M705 Marathon
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 10 Home
Benchmark Scores Benchmarks in 2024?
Just like last weekend, i'm playing Diablo 4 beta. Looks good, can't wait to play it on June 2nd for real but it does seem a bit oversimplified, with just skill points and the items drop very below your level and it doesn't make any difference, at lvl 20 you can fight lvl 30 enemies etc. Maybe the game really starts after level 50 or something, don't remember Diablo 2 being so casual :D Will probably be able to undervolt much more when it comes with DLSS 3 :laugh:

I played the beta today on the Series X for a few hours and I had fun. I'm actually just interested in completing the game with 2-3 characters. No interest in end-game, grinding or any hardcore stuff, one live-service game is enough for me.

I'll probably pick it up the first time it gets a discount. It'll be more polished after a few months too. Although I was surprised how polished the beta was. I basically had no issues. Seemed higher quality than most games on release.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Terraria - For The Worthy - Master (Legendary) aka tombstone manufacturing :)

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X PLUS
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB, &2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 34GP950G-B
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Some Schiit with Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker TH80 SE
Software W11Pro
This quest was a nice change in Hogwarts Legacy

Haven't tried Grim Dawn as of yet, though I know it's from the guys who made Titan's Quest way back then (which I loved), so I really should give it a shot... Too many games to play these days, far too little free time...

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510
Haven't tried Grim Dawn as of yet, though I know it's from the guys who made Titan's Quest way back then (which I loved), so I really should give it a shot... Too many games to play these days, far too little free time...
Let me put it to you like this. Comparing Titan Quest to Grim Dawn is like comparing primary school to high school. I have a Logitech G510 MB and Grim Dawn (Marvel Heroes) can use most of my G keys for individual spells.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Let me put it to you like this. Comparing Titan Quest to Grim Dawn is like comparing primary school to high school. I have a Logitech G510 MB and Grim Dawn (Marvel Heroes) can use most of my G keys for individual spells.

I mean in many ways Grim Dawn is like a complicated reskin of Titan Quest. They even share the same graphical weirdness, and a whole bunch of skills. GD is great though, I really would love a proper RPG set in that dying world.

I read those reviews too, Do you consider Victor Vran or Path of Exile bad Games? Don't get me wrong it's no Zeliard or Grim Dawn and doesn't have Torchlight 1 or 2 quality but what I am establishing is that it is an ARPG and the controls, spells and everything else act like they should. Maybe when I am 8 to 10 hours in and the enemies are the same I will lament on my enjoyment.

If you can't enjoy a $11 game for a minimum of hundreds of hours it was a bad purchase. I got Horizon Zero Dawn for free and because it was great only for 30 hours I feel ripped off. If you can't get infinite joy out of less money than a good meal, what's the point? I don't install games unless I'm guaranteed it will be euphoric fun literally until the day I die.

Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Motherboard Asus Proart B650
Cooling Noctua U12S
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB (2x16GB) 5600MHz C36 AMD Expo
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7800 XT Nitro+
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 1Tb
Case Fractal Design Pop Silent
Audio Device(s) Edifier r1900tII
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Platinum 650W
I' m playing Andor's Trail.
The only Android game I ever played/will play.
It's a fun RPG.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Samsung Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Home 64
I've been playing 2 games in the past couple weeks.

The first one I've put some hours into is Valheim; some by myself and some with my brother. You can tell the difficulty ramps up when going from playing solo to coop, the creatures come in larger numbers and have more health. Also you burn through resources faster since you're now trying to build/craft things for multiple people.

The game is for 1-10 players and is still in early release, but it's pretty good. I've put maybe 45 hours into it and the game only crashed once. So if you got a couple of friends that like these kind of survival/build games, it certainly should be one you look into.

The other game my brother and I have is a hilarious beat'em up game called Paint The Town Red. Great way to kill 10-20 minutes on your own or even more laughs when you play coop. Lots of community maps and skins to keep things looking fresh.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I went back to Dead Island Riptide which is really more of the same with additional zombies that live in water, but I've yet to find a firearm. Fury mode is handy though, so long as you don't lose your head like this bloke.
dead-island-riptide.jpg

I then went back to Dying Light - The Following which is infinitely better, but still haven't made up my mind about DL2, but I do like the look of Dead Island 2 but will probably wait until they both go on sale.
I feel the same about The Last Of Us because $60 today is really stretching it.

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
seems I keep coming back here with pixel art games. here's some more lol
both of these came from a one man band dev team, Loren Lemcke.....though he did have someone else make the music. I found their latest game earlier this winter and recently started playing one of their older games now too.
They are Terror of Hemasaurus and Super Blood Hockey

Terror of Hemasaurus is for fans of Rampage that want a modern take on an arcade classic. This is the first game I came across that caught my attention. WAY better than any Rampage game in my opinion
Super Blood Hockey feels like a modern remake of Blades of Steel.....with a lot more (pixelated) blood and gameplay mechanics. I'm getting into the franchise mode recently
Art style is def "childish" but the gameplay and humor content within is best for a mature individual.....check the games out before you give them to your 6yr old in other words as looks are deceiving here.

System Name Home brew
Processor Intel i7 8700k 4.5g
Motherboard Asus RoG Strix Z370 H
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 S/LG window air conditioner
Memory G Skill Ripjaws V ddr 4 3200 32 gb.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage WD 240gb 3D nand SSD/WD 1tb 3D nand SSD
Display(s) Acer XF240 H 144hz Freesync
Case Rosewill Viper Z mid tower
Audio Device(s) Motherboard/EV 740 2 way & pwrd woofer/Logitech wireless headset #?
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard Havit KB390L
Software Windows 10
Yeah Frick, I got a bunch of games I bought thru the years I don't play. Some I bought at a premium price ($60+) and may have just played them once. I may play CoD WW2 multiplayer once a week. Bored with Battlefield games. In fact, the new EA merge erased some of the older Origin games. I still play an old 2003 flight sim games, Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 2 & 3, (not a daily habit). I have to 'trick' Windows 10 to play them, Lol.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Maybe when I am 8 to 10 hours in and the enemies are the same
LOL. Eight to ten hours... the real ARPG prologues end at about 20 odd hours, then you start figuring out what the game really is. But that's where Wolcen just ends. And that's the same problem that Torchlight failed to tackle, other than the extremely limited class options. Its also the prime reason D2 fans still speak ill of D3 - itemization and viable build options are just very shallow.

I've got over 300 hours in every single good ARPG... 700 in Grim Dawn. 500 in Path of Exile. And in the latter I've still only scratched the surface. But I think Grim Dawn nails the formula best - just because it doesn't really push you to min-max everything, but rather pushes you into finding new combinations and playing around with changing damage types, many of whom open up completely new options in new class combinations. Big part of that is the class system too; just combining two opens up so much on its own.

Wolcen is kinda lacking that special sauce... but still, thanks for putting that thought in my mind. Might still play it again someday, reading above that bugs are fixed and things overhauled.

Last edited:
System Name Home brew
Audio Device(s) Motherboard/EV 740 2 way & pwrd woofer/Logitech wireless headset #?
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard Havit KB390L
Software Windows 10
I like this. I buy equipment and keep them 4 to 7 years so I can play heavy graphics like Halo and BF5 and 2042 and play multiplayer for all the ugly vibs people hiss at me. Maybe just to hiss back at other players. And here, you're high end gaming machine (better than my stuff) is playing simple 'cute' games. Maybe I should do that too. Cool.:)

Software Windows 10 Pro
LOL. Eight to ten hours... the real ARPG prologues end at about 20 odd hours, then you start figuring out what the game really is. But that's where Wolcen just ends. And that's the same problem that Torchlight failed to tackle, other than the extremely limited class options. Its also the prime reason D2 fans still speak ill of D3 - itemization and viable build options are just very shallow.

I've got over 300 hours in every single good ARPG... 700 in Grim Dawn. 500 in Path of Exile. And in the latter I've still only scratched the surface. But I think Grim Dawn nails the formula best - just because it doesn't really push you to min-max everything, but rather pushes you into finding new combinations and playing around with changing damage types, many of whom open up completely new options in new class combinations. Big part of that is the class system too; just combining two opens up so much on its own.

Wolcen is kinda lacking that special sauce... but still, thanks for putting that thought in my mind. Might still play it again someday, reading above that bugs are fixed and things overhauled.

The thing is or at least from what I noticed, the 'average' ARPG or Looter shooter genre player for that matter 'same idea' doesn't really play the so called end game after finishing the story/reaching high level.
I would say theres maybe a few of us around here on this forum who post actively that does that and outside of the game's community sites/forums I often get this weird feeling that I'm not understood or ppl think I'm crazy for playing such games for so long and experimenting with builds,etc.

I've also played most known and a few smaller games in the genre and some would take so much more time for me to properly understand. 'Also PoE in my case but that game has some fundamental design ideas that simply rubs me the wrong way so I gave up trying to get into it after a few tries/leagues'

I also prefer Grim Dawn's overall system, it just feels right in its own way where its both simple yet complex enough to open up a lot of options to play around/experiment with while still ending up with at least a playable build if you follow your own idea and what it synergies with. 'sure might not be a meta build but its doable like my pierce based Blademaster that can at least sort of do max lvl content'

D3 holds your hand a lot more with its Set ideas/designs and basically if a skill has no Legendary power multiplier items its borderline useless.
There are actually quite a few builds currently in the game thats sort of viable but they can be vastly different in power level so most ppl end up playing S or A tier builds and call it a day/copied from the top of leaderboards or from a content creator. 'thats where the lack of builds idea comes from'
Sometimes I play off meta builds in D3 but I also play meta builds mainly depending on the playstyle of the build cause some of the top builds I really do not enjoy playing so I play a 'weaker' one instead since I'm not pushing leaderboards but my own personal records only.

Last edited:
System Name Home brew
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard Havit KB390L
Software Windows 10
Processor Intel Core i9-14900KF
Motherboard Asus Maximus Z790 Apex
Cooling Full Custom Water
Memory 48GB DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen5 SSD
Display(s) Asus PG27AQDM
Case Primochill Praxis WetBench
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Pro
Power Supply SeaSonic Prime TX-1600
Mouse G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Ducky MIYA Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/spy/46650491 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/31566677
Downloading TLOU on PC today,.. see what shakes out.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 131702.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-28 125608.png

Last edited: