• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cryptocoin Value and Market Trend Discussion

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Motherboard MSI X299 Xpower Gaming AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + Second Fan
Memory G.Skill 64GB @3200MHz XMP
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix RTX 3090 24GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus; 2TB Corsair Force MP600; 2TB Samsung PM981a
Display(s) Dell U4320Q; LG 43MU79-B
Case Corsair A540
Audio Device(s) Creative Lab SoundBlaster ZX-R
Power Supply EVGA G2 1300
Mouse Logitech MK550
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum XT Brown Switches
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 - 6910; FireStrike Ultra - 13241; TimeSpy Extreme - 10067; Port Royal - 13855
that's not true at all, when a country facilitates or makes it harder the use of bitcoin it goes up or down accordingly
it reacts to ftx scandal and others on the crypto space by going down
it reacts to the global economy, it suffered just like the SPY or NASDAQ when things got bad
it benefits like gold for example when banks go tits up
etc

and all assets have speculation, next your going to tell me Tesla was worth more then all other car companies, in the world, combined, sure. It's all perfectly rational.
Cryptos were up when silvergate was winding down its business. How do you explain that?
As for stock price, it is based on future earnings growth. For years, Amazon has a P/E of over 1,000 and many people like you said that it was way overvalued, and look at where it is now…
Tesla is the market leader in EV. Its valuation depends on whether you are bullish if it can continue its growth and dominate the competitions. Many investors certainly think so.
One major difference between stock and crypto - with stock you can calculate and predict a price target based on future earning growth. Crypto? I don’t know how you can do that.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
Cryptos were up when silvergate was winding down its business. How do you explain that?
As for stock price, it is based on future earnings growth. For years, Amazon has a P/E of over 1,000 and many people like you said that it was way overvalued, and look at where it is now…
Tesla is the market leader in EV. Its valuation depends on whether you are bullish if it can continue its growth and dominate the competitions. Many investors certainly think so.
One major difference between stock and crypto - with stock you can calculate and predict a price target based on future earning growth. Crypto? I don’t know how you can do that.

stocks were going up as fiat banks were crashing, explain that?
sure there are other things besides just fundamentals that explain price, that's my point
Tesla doesn't follow the rule of the earning you were talking about, there is expectations that can't be measures in numbers, also my point
not everything is stocks, crypto isn't a stock, you can't calculate a price target on future earnings growth on coffee or silver, and yet they have a value and go up and down. And i know commodities have a use, you can expect demand to go up, etc... crypto don't, but still there are grey areas, the price of gold is not directly correlated to it's use on rings or electronics or earnings, there is speculation, they are used as a value reserve. Damn people speculate with wheat, and there was that commodity recently that the trade was stopped because the price went insane for no apparent reason, can't remember the name now.

my point is everything is not that black and white.

System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Case Corsair A540
Mouse Logitech MK550
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 - 6910; FireStrike Ultra - 13241; TimeSpy Extreme - 10067; Port Royal - 13855
sure there are other things besides just fundamentals that explain price, that's my point
Tesla doesn't follow the rule of the earning you were talking about, there is expectations that can't be measures in numbers, also my point
not everything is stocks, crypto isn't a stock, you can't calculate a price target on future earnings growth on coffee or silver, and yet they have a value and go up and down. And i know commodities have a use, you can expect demand to go up, etc... crypto don't, but still there are grey areas, the price of gold is not directly correlated to it's use on rings or electronics or earnings, there is speculation, they are used as a value reserve. Damn people speculate with wheat, and there was that commodity recently that the trade was stopped because the price went insane for no apparent reason, can't remember the name now.

my point is everything is not that black and white.
You mean tech stocks? They are not affected by a bank failure. However, all the regional banks and the big banks were falling when SVB failed. But Silvergate was a crypto bank. cryptos should fall when Silvergate announced it was winding down its business.

Again, nothing can explain Amazon's stock price when it had a 4-figure P/E ratio. Tesla is the same.

Of course nothing is black and white when it comes to investing. There are many factors, including human emotion, investors sentiment, global and macro economics, are in play. Investors buy the stock, believing it is a good investment at the time of buying. How the stock performs thereafter is difficult to judge. However, between the 2, stock and crypto, stock has a better predictability.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
System Name Main System
Processor i9-10940x
Case Corsair A540
Mouse Logitech MK550
Software Windows 10 Pro
as a trader i would say that sentence is very misleading :D
As an "investor" it is 100% accurate. Subscribe to Bloomberg terminal and you will get more info than you ever need to make an informed decision. Don't be swayed by the sudden market movement. Buy into a great company at a great price and hang on to it. I started with $5k many years ago, and now I can retire today if I want to but I plan to work some more years. Proper understanding of what moves a stock is critical in good investing.

Last edited:

How many people lost any money in fiat banks? $0 of losses. In fact, all the bank closures happened over the weekend when the banks were closed anyway and were completely fixed by Monday morning, so it was 100% seamless, the typical person didn't even have to know anything happened.

How many people lost money in Celsius, Voyager, and FTX?

You see, when a crisis comes up, we can you know, do something about it in the fiat system. You can't do anything in the cryptocoin system. The "money" is just gone. Now maybe the system fails but we're not in a situation where the crisis has led to any meaningful failure yet. Everyone still has their money, FDIC insurance hasn't cost taxpayers any money yet (its all funded by the banks). Etc. etc. We're worried but we can do things to mitigate the problem or even solve the problem before it meaningfully affects peoples lives.

---------

Yeah, it sucks that the FDIC had to do something for the first time in a decade. But that's what they are there for and why they run these wargames / tests / stress tests / practice runs of bank takeovers. So that when a bank takeover happens, it happens really quickly and efficiently without anyone skipping a beat.

---------

The only thing that crashed, for good reason, during the bank closures were banking stocks. Because when a bank is closed by FDIC, the shareholders get a big fat $0. (As the system is designed: shareholders are the risk-takers. If the company does so poorly that it needs to be taken over, you should lose all your money).

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
How many people lost any money in fiat banks? $0 of losses. In fact, all the bank closures happened over the weekend when the banks were closed anyway and were completely fixed by Monday morning, so it was 100% seamless, the typical person didn't even have to know anything happened.

How many people lost money in Celsius, Voyager, and FTX?

You see, when a crisis comes up, we can you know, do something about it in the fiat system. You can't do anything in the cryptocoin system. The "money" is just gone. Now maybe the system fails but we're not in a situation where the crisis has led to any meaningful failure yet. Everyone still has their money, FDIC insurance hasn't cost taxpayers any money yet (its all funded by the banks). Etc. etc. We're worried but we can do things to mitigate the problem or even solve the problem before it meaningfully affects peoples lives.

---------

Yeah, it sucks that the FDIC had to do something for the first time in a decade. But that's what they are there for and why they run these wargames / tests / stress tests / practice runs of bank takeovers. So that when a bank takeover happens, it happens really quickly and efficiently without anyone skipping a beat.

---------

The only thing that crashed, for good reason, during the bank closures were banking stocks. Because when a bank is closed by FDIC, the shareholders get a big fat $0. (As the system is designed: shareholders are the risk-takers. If the company does so poorly that it needs to be taken over, you should lose all your money).
That is some lovely nonsense right there.

FIAT is safe because it was made so, so you think fedcoin won't be made so too, , via whatever it takes.

crypto is way better then fiat was this many years past inception all because people worked to make it so.

who pays?, YOU ALLWAYS PAY, all be it in the end, this is the way.

who pays?, YOU ALLWAYS PAY, all be it in the end, this is the way.

I paid $0 for SIVB's mistakes.

My friend paid $x0,000 to Celsius due to Celsius's Lunacoin bullshit (he had $0 in Lunacoin, he only had an account in Celsisus) and won't get his money back.

Now please explain to me, how exactly Cryptocoin was better in this situation.

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
I paid $0 for SIVB's mistakes.

My friend paid $x0,000 to Celsius due to Celsius's Lunacoin bullshit (he had $0 in Lunacoin, he only had an account in Celsisus) and won't get his money back.

Now please explain to me, how exactly Cryptocoin was better in this situation.
No.

I didn't say crypto was better/ good

I said FIAT is good because we(people) made it so, it was a bit shit when someone could just run up and rob your shell chain(when fiat was cryptos age), or when the banker decided he didn't have a "note" for you.
it's not great that a man with a bat, gun or knife or computer can Still, steal some quite easily.

But we , well the f in Man made it work.

crypto is a baby, I'm fairly sure will mature too.

crypto is a baby, I'm fairly sure will mature too.

But why? The entire point of crypto is to avoid the regulations and traditions made in the public banking sector.

IE: People who use cryptocoins are literally self-selected people who do not want the protections we've created over the past 200 years. And anyone who wants "legitimate" money could just use... ya know? Money?

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
But why? The entire point of crypto is to avoid the regulations and traditions made in the public banking sector.

IE: People who use cryptocoins are literally self-selected people who do not want the protections we've created over the past 200 years. And anyone who wants "legitimate" money could just use... ya know? Money?
or ya know applepay, paypal wave their foor kings brand of phone at Mcdonalds cashier.

because you know, the man made it so? no cash EVER required, Already.

so with effort you'll love fedcoin , because the man will make it so, i think.

im not here to convince you, you do you.

your legitimate TAT was made legitimate, and safe, don't get excited though others ways have since also been made safe like paypal its a minor step on to fedcoin from here.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
The entire point of crypto is to avoid the regulations and traditions made in the public banking sector.
That... is who uses it now. But no, that wasn't always its point. And it shouldn't be its point if it wants to survive.

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Video Card(s) Zotac 4080 w.c.
Storage 2TB Kingston kc3k
Display(s) Gigabyte 34" Curved
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Cool n Quiet.
That... is who uses it now. But no, that wasn't always its point. And it shouldn't be its point if it wants to survive.

Care to elaborate? Would love to hear what you have to say about this.

I remember reading when you first started trading BTC (and mined) you were doing it for fun which I think is pretty cool.

From my understanding BTC was born during the 2009 economic crash with uncertainty (for me anyways) around its true birth.

Satoshi Wept: How Crypto Replayed the 2008 Financial Crisis (coindesk.com)

Bitcoin Was Not a Response to the Financial Crisis of 2008 - CoinDesk

Interesting Satoshi quote: “The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.”

So, in summary, I would really like to hear why YOU think it was born.

Thanks.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Care to elaborate? Would love to hear what you have to say about this.
Satoshi Nakamoto (Bitcoins mysterious founders alias) was pretty against the crypto anarchist faction. So much so, that one of his last comments before leaving, was to get upset over some group (I think it was the EFF) accepting crypto saying "it will send the wrong message." and that crypto should be apolitical, or something such.

This can be googled, but the original sources are long gone. I believe there's a very old wired story/article that goes into this.

He wanted it to be used as a currency, not an ideology. He may have been against breaches of trust in fiat, but he did not think of his currency as something that did not need management or guidance or any of that crypto anarchist stuff that took off. Many of his comments indicate such.

Personally the nuttery around modern crypto and the idea of it rewriting society or something is part of the reason I jumped off the boat.

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Video Card(s) Zotac 4080 w.c.
Storage 2TB Kingston kc3k
Display(s) Gigabyte 34" Curved
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Cool n Quiet.
part of the reason I jumped off the boat.

Do you think perhaps this is the reason why he (Satoshi) so called "jumped off the boat" also?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Do you think perhaps this is the reason why he (Satoshi) so called "jumped off the boat" also?
Maybe. I don't claim to know his motivations, but it was rather coincidental that that was really his last big post, a rant against a rather innocent lobbying group accepting crypto. It doesn't suggest him thinking crypto should be a political movement.

Last edited:
I'm seeing signs of an impending crash, likely motivated by the potential US Federal budget default. While it's not time to panic, it IS time to carefully weigh ones options... This is effecting all markets, not just Cryptocoin.

That's fair.

But I've been waiting since like 2017 or so for the "old community" to come back (2017 is roughly the last time I remember major technical hurdles being discussed and/or attempted to be solved). I definitely remember when cryptocoins were less about avoiding regulations and more about discovering, playing, and trying to invent new things.

The speed of discoveries has slowed dramatically, mostly because no one talks about the hard science / engineering problems needed to fix problems.

I'm seeing signs of an impending crash, likely motivated by the potential US Federal budget default. While it's not time to panic, it IS time to carefully weigh ones options... This is effecting all markets, not just Cryptocoin.
1683947925344.png

Hmmm, its like US Treasuries 1-month from now are way riskier than US Treasuries 2-months from now. This is inverted as all hell right now, and very unusual.

Don't wanna leave the topic too much (we do have a general finance topic), but yes, the US Treasuries are acting in a way they've never before. And the Debt Ceiling debate is the best explanation for this behavior.

That's fair.

But I've been waiting since like 2017 or so for the "old community" to come back (2017 is roughly the last time I remember major technical hurdles being discussed and/or attempted to be solved). I definitely remember when cryptocoins were less about avoiding regulations and more about discovering, playing, and trying to invent new things.

The speed of discoveries has slowed dramatically, mostly because no one talks about the hard science / engineering problems needed to fix problems.

View attachment 295669
Hmmm, its like US Treasuries 1-month from now are way riskier than US Treasuries 2-months from now. This is inverted as all hell right now, and very unusual.

Don't wanna leave the topic too much (we do have a general finance topic), but yes, the US Treasuries are acting in a way they've never before. And the Debt Ceiling debate is the best explanation for this behavior.
People keep saying the pandemic is over, but it's effects will be felt for decades to come. It's time to bite the bullet, spend wisely and invest wisely. Cryptocoin is not wise currently and many are starting to realize it. Not a good place to have money currently. While I don't wish people to lose money, it's going to happen, and cryptocoin is very likely going to first.

Last edited:
System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
People keep saying the pandemic is over, but it's effects will be felt for decades to come. It's time to bite the bullet, spend wisely and invest wisely. Cryptocoin is not wise currently and many are starting to realize it. Not a good place to have money currently. While I don't wise people to lose money, it's going to happen, and cryptocoin is very likely going to first.
cryptocoin covers way too wide a field to mean much..

all i care about are bitcoin and eth the rest are mainly junk..

trog

Last edited:
cryptocoin covers way too wide a field to mean much..

all i care about are bitcoin and eth the rest are mainly junk..

trog

The problem is that typical people don't wanna hold wallets, especially right now as BTC transaction fees are $30+.

EDIT: looks like tx fee is now around $5. Still too high for most purposes but better than $30.

Centralizing BTC to mitigate transaction fees, or at least make them more predictable, is one of the only ways forward. But that opens you up to losing all your BTC in Mt Gox or FTX.

The community needed to switch to BTC-Cash 5 years ago to cut down on transaction costs... Or come up with some other mitigation.

Last edited:
System Name money pit..
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
bitcoin is still stuck in a sideways mode around 27K.. people keep talking about a move up or down but bitcoin dosnt seem to want to comply.. :)

trog

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
bitcoin is still stuck in a sideways mode around 27K.. people keep talking about a move up or down but bitcoin dosnt seem to want to comply.. :)

trog

considering the money printing stopped and people have less money because of inflation, it's still an impressive value to be stuck at

System Name money pit..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
considering the money printing stopped and people have less money because of inflation, it's still an impressive value to be stuck at

i think so..

trog