• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

gaming laptop fps problem

Getmez

hello, 10 months ago I bought my acer nitro 5 an517-54 computer from homeland. However, my fps values were very low compared to lower systems. Although I sent it to the service twice, it was said that there was no problem, but if there was, it was software, we would not interfere with it. If I don't get alt in the background, youtube etc. The fps drops to 75 but usually hovers around 90-120 at the highest settings. It's the same in Valorant, and the fps doesn't change even if I lower the graphics. It formatted many times, I looked at the nvidia drivers, I looked at the game settings, but there was no way I did not try on the computer where I could solve the problem.
My computer seems to be limiting itself, but there is nothing I haven't researched where I haven't looked in software, but I haven't seen anyone who can solve the problem on their computer, nor can anyone help me. bottleneck vs. nothing can happen, you won't believe in pc zero system features. FPS stabilization vs. There is no software problem in driver settings like nvdia, same as in other friends. I downloaded the keyboard in acer's own language. When that didn't happen, I searched and installed it from windows in the next format, but I couldn't solve it, it is not possible to find anything related to this problem in foreign sources. I haven't tried it as I only know how to update the bios. It was also said that it does not affect fps. I think I have a single channel ram, but the single channel ram should not drop that much fps. My friend has 8 gb ram hp 3050 system and has 25% more fps than me. I will use some money to the friend who helped me solve my problem. As long as I don't get a performance of 5 thousand TL from my computer that I bought as a gaming computer.
SYSTEM FEATURES:
512gb ssd
16gb ram
rtx3060 95w
intel i5 11400h

Acer Nitro 5 11.Nesil Core i5 11400H-16Gb-512Gb Ssd-17.3inc-Rtx3060 6Gb-Freedos fiyatı, teknik özellikleri, modelleri, en ucuz fiyatlarla Vatan Bilgisayar'da

Acer Nitro 5 11.Nesil Core i5 11400H-16Gb-512Gb Ssd-17.3inc-Rtx3060 6Gb-Freedos fiyatı, teknik özellikleri, modelleri, en ucuz fiyatlarla Vatan Bilgisayar'da
www.vatanbilgisayar.com
www.vatanbilgisayar.com

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
They all throttle

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
There is no such thing as a "gaming laptop" (or "desktop replacement" laptop). That is pure "marketing" hogwash. :( Manufacturers can pack the horsepower of a PC into those tiny notebook cases, but not the essential cooling. Period.

Serious gaming is one of the most demanding tasks we can ask of our computers. Yet consider the fact a PC in a top quality tower case with:

Multiple large (140mm or larger) case fans pulling massive quantities of cool air in and,​
Multiple large case fans exhausting heated air out along with,​
A CPU cooler that uses a massive heatsink and large fan(s) (or an AiO waterblock and radiator)...​

are still challenged - and often defeated - to keep the computer cool enough to avoid throttling.

Consumers and our demands for lighter, thinner, yet more powerful notebooks have created this mess. Yet we humans (and laptop makers) have yet to discover how to "break" the "Laws of Physics". We (humans) have yet to develop electronic components that are 100% efficient - and likely never will. We keep getting closer but all waste energy in the form of heat. And those tiny notebook cases just don't have the physical space to integrate the necessary cooling necessary to effectively expel all that generated heat.

If want to do serious gaming, get a quality, properly cooled PC.

In the meantime, make sure your laptop sits on a hard, flat surface then blast a desk fan on high speed across it.

And monitor your temps. I like CoreTemp or HWiNFO for that.

Getmez

There is no such thing as a "gaming laptop" (or "desktop replacement" laptop). That is pure "marketing" hogwash. :( Manufacturers can pack the horsepower of a PC into those tiny notebook cases, but not the essential cooling. Period.

Serious gaming is one of the most demanding tasks we can ask of our computers. Yet consider the fact a PC in a top quality tower case with:

Multiple large (140mm or larger) case fans pulling massive quantities of cool air in and,​
Multiple large case fans exhausting heated air out along with,​
A CPU cooler that uses a massive heatsink and large fan(s) (or an AiO waterblock and radiator)...​

are still challenged - and often defeated - to keep the computer cool enough to avoid throttling.

Consumers and our demands for lighter, thinner, yet more powerful notebooks have created this mess. Yet we humans (and laptop makers) have yet to discover how to "break" the "Laws of Physics". We (humans) have yet to develop electronic components that are 100% efficient - and likely never will. We keep getting closer but all waste energy in the form of heat. And those tiny notebook cases just don't have the physical space to integrate the necessary cooling necessary to effectively expel all that generated heat.

If want to do serious gaming, get a quality, properly cooled PC.

In the meantime, make sure your laptop sits on a hard, flat surface then blast a desk fan on high speed across it.

And monitor your temps. I like CoreTemp or HWiNFO for that.
am i getting high temp temp or low fps?

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed K/DA
Keyboard Logitech K400 Plus
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
"single channel ram should not drop much fps"

yes it does! You need dual channel. End of. Then try to figure out why your PC is losing to one with a RTX 3050, IF the problem persists

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050