• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

First Halo 3 Map Pack Arrives in December

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Beginning December 11, three new multiplayer maps will be available for players of Bungie's Halo 3 (X360). Titled the Heroic Map Pack, its three maps - Foundry, Rat's Nest, and Standoff - will be downloadable from the online Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points ($10). Microsoft describes Standoff as "ideal for mid-sized objective and Slayer game types" due to its symmetrical layout and boulder-filled battlefield. Rat's Nest is said to be "an indoor vehicle paradise" best suited for big team battles, whereas Foundry is "the ultimate Forge map" as players can manipulate and replace every object object within it to create their own custom arena.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
im not a fan of halo 2 or 3 (the first one was pretty fun) but i think its stupid that you have to pay for any new maps i think they should just make them free

im not a fan of halo 2 or 3 (the first one was pretty fun) but i think its stupid that you have to pay for any new maps i think they should just make them free

Well what about every game on xbox with new maps? They charge for those as well. Its a business...how do you have developers sit inside for weeks making new maps and texturing them and tweaking them without paying them? Its called profit...and its how every business thrives. Ever go to the supermarket and buy all the ingredients for a pizza? It sure isn't $12 dollars.

Processor i7 920
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Software windows 7 64bit
mmm pizza

i love home made pizza well a pizza could be about 12 bucks if you buy a lot of expensive meat:roll: but ya i no its a business for them but i kinda wish that it was free:) but still 10 bucks for 3 maps

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu
Software sun unix/windows type v
extra added value is what the xbox360 is all about, no doubt some of these maps were for the original release but were held back specifically to sell as an add-on.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
extra added value is what the xbox360 is all about, no doubt some of these maps were for the original release but were held back specifically to sell as an add-on.

Meh, they should be free, extra story line is something I would consider paying for. Anyone who is going to pay for extra maps is throwing their money away. Say what you want, but Microsoft and Bungie are just milking your wallets, plain and simple.

:toast:

Processor i7 920
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Software windows 7 64bit
Meh, they should be free, extra story line is something I would consider paying for. Anyone who is going to pay for extra maps is throwing their money away. Say what you want, but Microsoft and Bungie are just milking your wallets, plain and simple.

:toast:

totally agree :toast:

totally agree :toast:

Agreed, but they're not forcing you to download them. As a matter of fact...if you wait long enough they'll become a free download. You pay to have them early, but patience is a virtue. Good thing for microsoft impatience pays in liquid cash.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
Agreed, but they're not forcing you to download them. As a matter of fact...if you wait long enough they'll become a free download. You pay to have them early, but patience is a virtue. Good thing for microsoft impatience pays in liquid cash.

First off, this proves my fact even more! They give them to you for free later, but you can't play a majority of multiplayer games for awhile.

Also, anyone who plays on Xbox live knows this... Kids parents buy them everything, from maps to movies to games. Parents are unknowingly getting charged for extras like this, and it is what Microsoft and its developers are counting on. Anyway, the point is, the majority of players will have the the maps before they become free. Meaning most people will be playing the new maps.

The worst part is, THE SMART PEOPLE WHO DON'T WASTE THEIR MONEY ON THE MAPS ARE THE ONES GETTING HURT. The smart people can't enjoy a game the paid 59.99$ to its full potential because they didn't pay for more maps. It's funny how Microsoft charges extra for EVERY LITTLE THING.

UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
Processor I9 9900KS @ 5.3Ghz
Motherboard Gagabyte z390 Aorus Ultra
Cooling Nexxxos Nova 1080 + 360 rad
Memory 32Gb Crucial Balliastix RGB 4.4GHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 (Bios and Shunt Modded) 2.17GHz @ 38C
Storage NVME / SSD RAID arrays
Display(s) 38" LG 38GN950-B, 27" BENQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440p, Samsung 27" 3D 1440p
Case Thermaltake Core series
Power Supply 1.6Kw Silverstone
Mouse Roccat Kone EMP
Keyboard Corsair Viper Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro
^ lol, this just made me think of a funny situation. you buy a great fps, but then discover you gotta actually pay extra for all the ingame guns and weapons lols...

Shizelbs

Processor Q6600
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX
Cooling Intel
Memory 4 gigs of DDR800 - OCZ Reaper
Video Card(s) BFG 8800GTS OC
Display(s) 245BW 24" Samsung
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Audigy
Power Supply Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W SLI Ready Power Supply
Software Vista 64 bit
I'll gladly pay $10 for it.

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt
I'll pay for it, I've always paid for every map on Halo 2

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt
First off, this proves my fact even more! They give them to you for free later, but you can't play a majority of multiplayer games for awhile.

Also, anyone who plays on Xbox live knows this... Kids parents buy them everything, from maps to movies to games. Parents are unknowingly getting charged for extras like this, and it is what Microsoft and its developers are counting on. Anyway, the point is, the majority of players will have the the maps before they become free. Meaning most people will be playing the new maps.

The worst part is, THE SMART PEOPLE WHO DON'T WASTE THEIR MONEY ON THE MAPS ARE THE ONES GETTING HURT. The smart people can't enjoy a game the paid 59.99$ to its full potential because they didn't pay for more maps. It's funny how Microsoft charges extra for EVERY LITTLE THING.

You don't get to play "Ranked" games, but Social you can still play (and Custom if the host isn't playing on a new map)...I know some people don't want to pay, but $10? Come on...help out the developers who are spending time on this. They already gave you a great game, and even after release when they can call it quits and start on another project, they stick with the game and support it with Matchmaking Updates/new maps.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
You don't get to play "Ranked" games, but Social you can still play (and Custom if the host isn't playing on a new map)...I know some people don't want to pay, but $10? Come on...help out the developers who are spending time on this. They already gave you a great game, and even after release when they can call it quits and start on another project, they stick with the game and support it with Matchmaking Updates/new maps.

I'll stick with my Steam games (Valve in particular) where my updates are free, and I don't have to pay for new maps after I already spent money on the game ;)

It's funny, you have to pay per month to play on Xbox Live and then they stick with charges for new maps...Next thing you know they're going to charge you for patches to fix the bugs in Xbox games lol...

EDIT: As far as support for Bungie developers go, I don't think you need to worry about that. Do you realize how many copies of Halo 3 have been sold, and it's not even Christmas yet...MS is literally just soaking up everything they can out of your wallets without being way too unreasonable.

Last edited:
Processor i7 920
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Software windows 7 64bit
I'll stick with my Steam games (Valve in particular) where my updates are free, and I don't have to pay for new maps after I already spent money on the game ;)

It's funny, you have to pay per month to play on Xbox Live and then they stick with charges for new maps...Next thing you know they're going to charge you for patches to fix the bugs in Xbox games lol...

hallelujah btw css and tf2 totally blow halo out of the water

Last edited:

EDIT: As far as support for Bungie developers go, I don't think you need to worry about that. Do you realize how many copies of Halo 3 have been sold, and it's not even Christmas yet...MS is literally just soaking up everything they can out of your wallets without being way too unreasonable.

If you're going to crap on Bungie don't talk about how great valve is. They charged you a ton of money for Half-Life 2 boxed sets and then make you buy the rest of the storyline that you paid for the first time. That and they bundle games together so you're forced to pay more money. I played HL2 at my friends house and thought it was awful, but thought Counter-Strike Source was great. I tried buying it but I had to buy the full game for months before they let me buy CSS as a standalone platform. Then you talk about bungie nickle and diming? pfft...get real PC games are the worst for this. You pay for a few extra maps and 3 or 4 new weapons and it barely makes the game any different...and not for 10 bucks...but for 30 bucks.

But nevermind because valve is teh g0d :respect:
I rather shave with a rusty razer

Processor i7 920
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Software windows 7 64bit
If you're going to crap on Bungie don't talk about how great valve is. They charged you a ton of money for Half-Life 2 boxed sets and then make you buy the rest of the storyline that you paid for the first time. That and they bundle games together so you're forced to pay more money. I played HL2 at my friends house and thought it was awful, but thought Counter-Strike Source was great. I tried buying it but I had to buy the full game for months before they let me buy CSS as a standalone platform. Then you talk about bungie nickle and diming? pfft...get real PC games are the worst for this. You pay for a few extra maps and 3 or 4 new weapons and it barely makes the game any different...and not for 10 bucks...but for 30 bucks.

dude the orange box is an awesome deal you get 5 awesome games for 40 bucks, and you NEVER have to pay for any extra add ons for valve games and i no valve is not the greatest but its pretty nice

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7

I said above that I would pay for extra story line, if you had read this thread you would know. Secondly, the Episodes are 19.99 for 5-6 hours of game play, that's a little more than just "extra" story line. The episodes are the length of Gears of War, but for 20.00$, now think about that, and tell me what the better deal is ;)

Additionally, I can't really understand your grammar but are you saying CSS was just news maps? Lol, if so, you have some learning to do.

Processor i7 920
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Software windows 7 64bit
I said above that I would pay for extra story line, if you had read this thread you would know. Secondly, the Episodes are 19.99 for 5-6 hours of game play, that's a little more than just "extra" story line. The episodes are the length of Gears of War, but for 20.00$, now think about that, and tell me what the better deal is ;)

Additionally, I can't really understand your grammar but are you saying CSS was just news maps? Lol, if so, you have some learning to do.

right on brother
:rockout:

hacker111

wow....even more of a reason to get XBOX 360....I WANT IT!:rockout:

kakazza

I only remember I got 500MB of free maps for Halo 2.
Freely available inside the game "download content".