• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU Game Reviews

Should TPU Review Games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
System Name COLOSSUS-MK4
Processor E8400 @4.4 GHz - FSB @550 MHZ
Motherboard Asus P5K Premium (Black Pearl)
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Memory 2x1GB Geil BlckDrgn 800 @1158 5-5-5-18
Video Card(s) 8800GT 512MB @740/1782/2080
Storage Hitachi T7K250 250GB & 7200.10 Seagate 250GB
Display(s) Gateway FPD1975W 19" Widescreen
Case Antec 1200
Audio Device(s) Xi-FI Xtreme Audio
Power Supply CoolerMaster IGreen 500W
Software XP Home SP3
Benchmark Scores SuperPi: 10.563 Sciencemark: 2563.14
You guys are tearing it up! Got some great reviews in this thread so far! I can't wait to see those of you W1z decides on to becoming pro reviewers for GPU! I've considered posting a review or two myself...but decided against it. But keep it up guys! You're doing awesome!

:toast:

Why deciding against it- go for it mate! what's the harm in trying?

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Why deciding against it- go for it mate! what's the harm in trying?

True...I've been very busy and very stressed with work/family junk lately...mostly anymore I just get on and play some COD4 MP to get some aggression out of the way, then see if there's someone to be helped on TPU. I don't want to submit something that I am not proud of...granted I'm sure I would write something decent about COD4...I'm just not feeling it atm. :shadedshu

I guess I'm kinda in a rut atm, maybe I will submit one later. Hell, i haven't fixed the OC is easy guide yet...nothing major, just gotta get off my ass and do it sort of thing. I have reviewed a couple of games before, but it's been so long since I've really done anything like that...I don't know where I would start anymore.

System Name COLOSSUS-MK4
Case Antec 1200
Software XP Home SP3
True...I've been very busy and very stressed with work/family junk lately...mostly anymore I just get on and play some COD4 MP to get some aggression out of the way, then see if there's someone to be helped on TPU. I don't want to submit something that I am not proud of...granted I'm sure I would write something decent about COD4...I'm just not feeling it atm. :shadedshu

I guess I'm kinda in a rut atm, maybe I will submit one later. Hell, i haven't fixed the OC is easy guide yet...nothing major, just gotta get off my ass and do it sort of thing. I have reviewed a couple of games before, but it's been so long since I've really done anything like that...I don't know where I would start anymore.

Dude you seem down... (yes I am one of those annoying individuals who calls everyone dude). Lighten up- I dunno take anything you fancy, kill old people with a minigun for all I care! But in all seriousness you seem stressed. You don't have to say what's stressing you, but just ask yourself is it worth it? Why get stressed about it- there's no point. It doesn't change anything. If it's a problem there is always a solution- if not then something else is getting in the way and you need to fix that first. Or maybe it's not really even your problem.
Just sad to see a great guy feeling low. Have a virtual but masculine hug from theonetruewill!

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Kursah's COD4 Review

Well thanks dude, I'm just in a low spot atm, I'll come out of it eventually...just a lot going on that I have to accept and deal with right now. But I did sit down, turn on some Megadeth and type a quick review for CoD4 since that's all I've really been playing lately. Sorry it's kinda long, and I do know I did not cover a lot of features/things, but I may revise it later. Thanks for the support Theonetruewill, you're a good friend.

Well, without further adeau:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PC Game Review
By Kursah (Sean L.)​

Summary: Fast paced action in Multiplayer that needs some polishing, Short but polished Singleplayer, Overall a great game.

Introduction:

The Call of Duty series is well known for it's WWII shooter games that took the world by storm. They created a game that could put you into an epic situation, with an epic feeling, with explosions, gunfire, people. I remember the first time I loaded Call of Duty 2, I felt so immersed, I probably played for 6 hours straight without blinking once! The feeling was genuine and something I had not felt in another game. Of course back then I was more for gaming in single player campaigns instead of multi-player meelees and shootouts, so I did not experience the multiplayer of CoD2.

Enter November 06th, 2007, a new Call of Duty for gamers to enjoy. Yes we all know about CoD3 being console only, I'm over it..are you? Now we have CoD4, and in my mind it's as-good-as ever. The feeling is welcoming, yet now we're in modern times, with a story that has a familiar feeling. A battle in the middle-east between a new head boss and the forces of SAS and Marines doing their job to stop this "evil take-over".

Singleplayer Campaign:

If you've read any other reviews, you will notice more-likely than not, that stated is "...the single player campaign is very short." This is exactly right, it's short, don't expect more than a handful of hours in single player, but I guarentee they will be some very enjoyed hours. The polish of the story, scripting, levels, enemies is very well done. You feel immersed in an action flick, you have two characters you play as throughout the campaign, either ..... "Soap" Mctavish of the S.A.S. or ''''''''' of the Marines. You'll have goals and waypoints, for many missions you'll have fellow AI at your side that do a decent job. The enemy A.I. is good, they do their job. In some missions you fight so many, you wonder if there's an end to the tunnel of bad guys, but you are blasting away and enjoying the hell out of it!

Whether it's a mission to invade an outpost, snipe at enemies, ground pound to their front lines, you will be immersed in a very enjoyable environment that does an excellent job with the sights and sounds. Don't expect to get too lost in this game, it will give you plenty of hints, commands, visuals to keep you heading towards your objectives. The missions are clear, your objectives are the usual to be expected from this type of game, kill this guy, destroy this piece of equipment, infiltrate this area. So as generic as that sounds, how they orchestrated it through our speakers and monitors will give you a unique feeling or at least a "Call of Duty" feeling to this game.

Once you're done with the Single Player, then you're training is complete, and now you can get to what I consider the bread and butter of this game, the multiplayer.

Multiplayer Experience:

Alright folks, this is the reason to get the game. As I said before, in my views, this is the bread and butter of Call of Duty 4. Sure the bread crust is a little dryed out, with a couple of patches and extras tacked on in the future, there's no reason this can't be the one of the best out there. The multiplayer can be summed it in a few words, fast, hectic, frenzy. That's exactly how it feels, unlike popular games like BF2142, where you spend a while setting up, coordinating, and moving from a distanced point to another, here, in CoD4 you have decent sized maps that are small enough to just keep the pace on the faster side. You want action in multiplayer? You want a fest of grenates, bullets, rockets and dead enemies? You're at the right place.

I am thouroughly enjoying CoD4 right now, and not even a month after release, I seeing over 10,000 servers to choose from. That's a pretty amazing number from my viewpoint. I'm also impressed with serviers where 200 ping can still play fairly smoothly and not hinder your game experience. Anything 100ms or below is always prime, but isn't required to enjoy the game. The graphics engine does a great job here too, allowing the same "max" settings as the Single Player.

You have all sorts of awards, achievements and ranks to create a more fulfilling character in this game. You can customize your weapons and create up to 5 preconfigured to your likings "load-outs" if you decide. This is an excellent feature that you open up with weapons, attachements, scopes, etc by gaining XP. XP in CoD4 are points you gain from killing others, assists, completing objectives, capturing posts, completing acheivements, etc. XP is very important for getting new goodies, ranks, and the such. There are 55 ranks to attain from Private to 5 Star General. And for the first couple dozens of rank, you do rank up fairly quickly if you can get used to the fast paced feeling of MP.

There are 16 maps right now to choose from, quite a few game modes from Domination to Free-For-All, with up to 32 players. There are all sorts of customizations you can do with their server creation, and mods are going to be in the future of CoD4.

Also there have already been 2 patches, 1.1 and 1.2. Both are to fix small issues, primarily in multi-player. On one note, I had done a format-re-install Windows XP on my system, I had failed to backup my CoD4 profile as I didn't mind going back through the SP campaign all over again, as it's a good play-thru. I re-installed CoD4 and found that as soon as I tried logging on to my MP, I had lost all my stats, ranks, weapons, etc. I was back at LvL 0 Private. Activision is currently sorting this issue to have servers to save your online profiles, which I expected was already there. Do not make the same mistake and as of December 2007, this issue has not been solved. You should keep a backup profile just in case.

In order to find your data, you go to your game install directory, i.e. C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\Kursah. In that directory you will find a file called "mpdata". That is what saves your MP stats/ranks. Mine became corrupt upon re-installing the game, a mistake that I will share with others and avoid from happening again.

Fortunately, though as I was a higher ranking soldier after a couple of weeks, in a few days with more experience, it has been a lot more fun trying a different weapon strategy and ranking up without too much issue. And even though there will be plenty of weapons with extras, and Perks (the games way of giving extra grenades, bombs, health, accuracy, etc...), being new is not all lost. You can do plenty of damage with the games pre-configured set-ups and basic weapons from assault rifles to shotguns, to sniper rifles...there are plenty to choose from.

So get in there soldier, get used to dying, I figure an average life expentency from 30 seconds to 1 minute. With that frame of mind, I try to do as much damage in that time as possible. You can use strategy to your advantage. Alas, some downsides to the game here. The first is having no buddy list/squad creation in multiplayer, which does really feel like both should be there. Another is the sometimes very random spawning, when you spawn in a group of 5 enemies, sometimes you can turn it to a good frag-fest, other times, you're dead before you can pull the trigger. The average game is about 15 minutes long, and that's about right for a round. The scoring is fair, and the scoring system does a good job. There is voice-over featured in the game, and it does a decent job, I still use and recommend Ventrillo/Team Speak though.

The final issue is cheating, while there is a hack/cheat for CoD4 MP, not too many are doing it yet. But if you notice a few too many 5 star generals that you may have noticed were a lesser rank not too long ago, you may be onto something. There is accuracy and bullet power cheating, but it will be obvious who is cheating and most of the time, who is not. There are lucky shots, and those who have a quicker reaction and trigger finger than you, so don't immediately point fingers. If it bugs you, change to a different server, as there are many of them. You can sort them in almost any fashion, though the interface feels very basic. I hope Activision can take a page from BF2142 for the multplayer server/buddy list setup is about perfect.

The Graphics, Sound, and Hardware:

The graphics in this game are done quite well, and is probably one of the better looking games for Fall 2007. The effects and physics are also executed very well. I have been impressed that this game is capable of playing on a variety of machines with a variety of hardware without too much issue. From my OC'd Core2/x1950xtx setup to my buddy's Athlon 2200 X64/6600le, there have been no issues. Sure some resolution and graphics setting changes are to be expected, but playability and overall visuals were great on both. I was suprised how good the game looked on that older AMD machine, and how smooth it played.

This game uses a proprietary graphics engine, and that's just fine because it takes care of business and doesn't seem to have much for problems. The smoke effects are nice, the light and shading are done very well, the bullet impacts and explosions are top notch. The controls are easy to setup, and the standard WASD.

The sound in the game is also done very well with the gunshot sounds reminding me of my own perosnal equipment, some of which are featured in the game. The surround sound is executed well, the overall sound of battle is very well and you can follow gunshots to the enemy is some cases. Just remember that in some maps, that part of the ambient sound is gunfire as has been the norm in many games like this for a while. But you can differentiate the ambient gunshots from player gunshots and tell where they're coming from. The voice acting is done as would be expected, feels like a stressed out, war torn, Micheal Bay flick that you interact with, and for me that was a good thing.

And really, the hardware required for this game does not have to be the newest or the beefiest. While I would recommend a newer dual-core, 2gb of Ram, and at least an NV7600/ ATI x1800 + for video, with 256mb+ gDDR Ram for a decent experience, even that's not needed. This game has impressed me with how well it will work on a lower-end machine, yet how amazing it looks on a higher end machine. They have done a great job letting everyone enjoy the beauty this game has to offer, a strategy I wish more game developers could or would pull off.

The Conclusion:

In conclusion, this game has been worth every penny of purchase. Sure the single player is short, but to me it felt more like training for the online experience. Once you get your online character ranked up and set up for whatever situation you want, you will really enjoy the game. If you like a fast paced first person shooter with an epic movie feeling to it, without going too overboard on the epic part, this is the game for you. I thouroughly have enjoyed this game, which is the point of writing this review. I would recommend this to anyone who needed an action/shooting fix for their game platform. This game is featured for the PS3, XBox360, and the PC.

Score: 9.0/10 -TPU Thread Reviewer's Choice!

I know nothing too crazy, and there's more I would put in if I took more time on it, but here you guys go!

3991vhtes

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice 2.4GHz
Motherboard ASUS A8V-VM SE
Cooling Stock
Memory 1GB DDR400
Video Card(s) DiamondViper Radeon X1650PRO 512MB PCI-e
Storage Seagate 250GB SATA
Display(s) Acer AL2002W 20" LCD Widescreen
Case cheap
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster
Power Supply 500 watt
Software Vista Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 4.1 Vista index
Here's my 0.02

Why not just post these game reviews on GPU instead of here?

panchoman

Sold my stars!
Processor Amd Athlon X2 4600+ Windsor(90nm) EE(65W) @2.9-3.0 @1.45
Motherboard Biostar Tforce [Nvidia] 550
Cooling Thermaltake Blue Orb-- bunch of other fans here and there....
Memory 2 gigs (2x1gb) of patriot ddr2 800 @ 4-4-4-12-2t
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1950pro Pci-E x16 @stock@stock on stock
Storage Seagate 7200.11 250gb Drive, WD raptors (30/40) in Raid 0
Display(s) ANCIENT 15" sony lcd, bought it when it was like 500 bucks
Case Apevia X-plorer blue/black
Audio Device(s) Onboard- Why get an sound card when you can hum??
Power Supply Antec NeoHe 550-manufactured by seasonic -replacement to the discontinued smart power series
Software Windows XP pro SP2 -- vista is still crap
maybe because these reviews are their applications to become reviewers on gpu? :slap:

System Name COLOSSUS-MK4
Case Antec 1200
Software XP Home SP3
Here's my 0.02

It seems we can do either. Unfortunately you guys can't see most of the test reviews on GPU unless you have editorial status :banghead:

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's my 0.02

I can't even access gamepowerup.com...is that the url? It just kicks me to TPU if so.

System Name COLOSSUS-MK4
Case Antec 1200
Software XP Home SP3
I can't even access gamepowerup.com...is that the url? It just kicks me to TPU if so.

www.gamepowerup.com - it looks very much like TPU!, but it's unfinished. I think you guys will only be able to see W1zzard's format-test review.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just an update folks, we have a lot of exciting things going on under wraps at GPU! There will be some reviews released soon, and we want to know what you gamers think. We'll need your thoughts and comments to help mold parts of GPU into what you, the gamers want!

There will be different styles of reviews, slightly different formats, and such, but things you want to see, or want to read about, we'll need to know. And do stop by and say hello on the GPU Forums!

Processor Intel Core i7-7700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i11
Memory 4x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 2133MHz
Video Card(s) 2x NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FEs
Storage 512GB SSD, 2x2TB HDD
Display(s) AOC U2879VF, AOC G2260VWQ6
Case Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
I think this needs a bump. Nothing seems to be happening at GPU anymore...

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
i need to find some time to baby sit this project and get some content up .. also i feel that the main site is missing something .. like more sections .. any ideas?

Processor Intel Core i7-7700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i11
Memory 4x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 2133MHz
Video Card(s) 2x NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FEs
Storage 512GB SSD, 2x2TB HDD
Display(s) AOC U2879VF, AOC G2260VWQ6
Case Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
Maybe a gallery? People choose what game they want to see and get screenshots and videos to look through? Could be impractical though becasue of server limitations...

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Okay, I'm going to take a different standpoint here and it might not be a popular one.

There are a jillion sites that do game reviews. They are all trying to give people an overall representation of what their gaming experience will be in a particular game. But given the vast diversity of hardware, that is at best a crap shoot.

I think that you should eliminate the review section and instead, post articles on new games and create threads for new game releases where people can comment on their exprience with their hardware, and their overall thoughts of the game.

In my opinion, game reviews are highly overrated. Sometimes they are good, sometimes not.
What I think that most people would find more useful is a discussion on the game and not just someone's perceptions of how it played for them.

That way you could have many "mini" reviews in a thread.

Just my 2 cents.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a good idea Kreij, make it a more social atmosphere...the issue I'm seeing thus far is to try and get some attention drawn from TPU to GPU for game-based stuff. But I agree something needs to be different, I'm just as bad, I haven't been on much, I have a few half-finished reviews and I'm getting ready to move 500 miles and start a new job soon, and I always visit TPU anymore, but after seeing days and weeks of next to no activity on GPU is kind of disheartening...I really hope something can come of it. It's been almost a year since I started this thread, I'm glad to see that GPU is real, I just hope it continues to grow and provide something unique that makes people want to stop by. Definately need some community support and suggestions, I know W1Z is only so capable of being there, he's got a really busy schedule, can't blame him one bit.

I wish I had more motivation for it, but I've lost a lot in the last few months in that aspect...hopefully once things level off in my personal life I can strike with a vengance on GPU and help make it great! If not I'm sure there's plenty of people who could easily fill my almost none-existent shoes and do a better job of it!

calvary1980

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield L724A629 @ 3.8Ghz 423x9 1.47v
Motherboard Abit IP-35 Pro Beta 16.B04 (vDroop)
Cooling 6x Scythe S-Flex SFF21F, EK Multi Option 2 Port, dB-1 Compact, Swiftech MCR80, Swiftech Apogee GT
Memory 2x1 OCZ Flex XLC PC-9200 @ 5-5-5-18 1220 2.3v
Video Card(s) Inno3D Geforce 8800GTS 320
Storage Western Digital Raptor X 150
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 226BW 22"
Case Cooler Master RC-690
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 7.1
Power Supply Thermaltake ToughPower 1000
i need to find some time to baby sit this project and get some content up .. also i feel that the main site is missing something .. like more sections .. any ideas?

babe of the day. and you can start with me

i'm sure you can find some slutty german pornstars.

how about some more staff before you make additions

- Christine

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Sometimes they are good, sometimes not.

thats why we will have only high quality reviews. based on what i'm seeing online the big sites have reall horrible reviews that must have been written in 10 minutes

D

Deleted member 24505

I agree,pics cavalry1980.Lets see the proof you're a babe :p

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
thats why we will have only high quality reviews. based on what i'm seeing online the big sites have reall horrible reviews that must have been written in 10 minutes

One problem that I have with the reviews on sites and in magazines is that a majority of the information is not based upon tangible, quantifiable metrics that are based on some kind of standard level of acceptability. They are almost completely personal opinion thrown at us by the reviewer(s).

For instance, Hellgate:London got trashed in most reviews, but I felt it was a very enjoyable and entertaining game. Not perfect, but not as bad as the reviews made it out to be.
I don't mind comments that are prefaced with "In my opinion.." or "I felt that...", but to throw out blanket statements that only apply to a certain percentage of the gaming community is, in my opinion, unacceptable.

I also believe that reviews should be written only by people who are fans of the genre of the game they are reviewing, and should gear their reviews toward the portion of the gaming community that also likes that genre. Give a hard-code RPG fan a basic (but good) shooter and you will not see as favorable a review as the game might deserve.

As always, just my opinion, and I will stand and fight for your right to totally disagree with me. :toast:

Perhaps every reviewer could get a profile with a list of games he/she likes and hates. This gives you an idea if you have the same taste as the reviewer.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Perhaps every reviewer could get a profile with a list of games he/she likes and hates. This gives you an idea if you have the same taste as the reviewer.

While that is a fine idea, I think that a more simple rating of how the reviewer likes different genres would be sufficient (and much shorter than a list of games in the profile).

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Another thing that drives me absolutely insane is when a reviewer blows sunshine all over a game and then says the ending is weak or disappointing. :wtf:

Now, as a potential buyer, I am left wondering if I should shell out the cash to play a great game only to be disappointed by the ending. Maybe I would not be as disappointed? Who knows?
For me, the 1st hour or two will determine if that game stays on my hard drive or not, not the ending.

Why is it a requirement that game reviewers all over are required to complete the game?
I think that the first serveral hours of playing a game are enough to make a decision on how well you like (or hate) a game, and plenty of time to establish some metrics.
Sure, maybe the ending is not the high point of the game, but that judgement should be left to the players, not to the reviewers.

My 2 cents.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Another thing that drives me absolutely insane is when a reviewer blows sunshine all over a game and then says the ending is weak or disappointing. :wtf:

Now, as a potential buyer, I am left wondering if I should shell out the cash to play a great game only to be disappointed by the ending. Maybe I would not be as disappointed? Who knows?
For me, the 1st hour or two will determine if that game stays on my hard drive or not, not the ending.

Why is it a requirement that game reviewers all over are required to complete the game?
I think that the first serveral hours of playing a game are enough to make a decision on how well you like (or hate) a game, and plenty of time to establish some metrics.
Sure, maybe the ending is not the high point of the game, but that judgement should be left to the players, not to the reviewers.

My 2 cents.

i bought age of conan .. played it a lot .. enjoyed it a lot .. when i hit level 60, end of content just grinding. is that something you should tell to readers, yes. is that something why you shouldnt buy the game, hell no. i had tons of fun and would buy it again

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Motherboard macbook prp retina
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta (240mm x 120mm x 80mm)
Memory 16Gb
Video Card(s) Zotac Arctic Storm Nvidia 980ti
Display(s) 1x Acer XB270HU, 1x Catleap, 1x Oculus
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/770087

My 2 cents.

i bought age of conan .. played it a lot .. enjoyed it a lot .. when i hit level 60, end of content just grinding. is that something you should tell to readers, yes. is that something why you shouldnt buy the game, hell no. i had tons of fun and would buy it again

Agreed, if someone told me Oblivions ending was bad I would not have bought it. That game was hours (actually hundreds of hours between all my reinstalls of windows) of fun. :)

Last edited: