• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Launches 80GB Red 'Valentine' Zune

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Responding to consumer excitement for the Zune 80GB, Microsoft Corp. is making the popular wireless digital media player available in red with Zune Originals, just in time for Valentine's Day. Inspired by the themes of love and sharing, an exclusive collection of 20 new laser-engraved designs will be available to consumers for a limited time at http://www.zuneoriginals.net; in addition, Zune Marketplace will feature Valentine's Day playlists that can be shared with friends or loved ones Zune to Zune or via the Zune Social online music community.

"Zune gives consumers a dynamic canvas that is brought to life by the music, pictures, videos and podcasts they fill it with," said Scott Erickson, senior director of product management for Zune at Microsoft. "Zune Originals makes it easy to design a customized player, while wireless sharing and the Zune Social online music community give people new ways to connect."

Zune Originals gives customers more options to personalize their player with 20 new designs celebrating love and sharing that can be laser-engraved on the back of their Zune. The new Valentine's Day series features artwork from four new artist collectives - Colorblok, Friends With You, PSYOP and Studio Play Pretend - and is available exclusively at http://www.zuneoriginals.net through Feb. 14. Each new graphic can be paired with up to three lines of text, letting consumers add a personal message; if no graphic is chosen, up to five lines of text are available. For a limited time, Zune Originals also offers a gift-wrap option and shipping at no additional charge. With the addition of the Valentine's Day series, customers can now choose from more than 65 designs, to create a custom wireless player in the size and color they want.

The Zune Marketplace online store makes it easy to load the Zune player with favorite love songs that can be shared wirelessly Zune to Zune or with friends via Zune Social. To find their perfect Valentine's Day soundtrack, consumers can browse playlists such as "Hip Hop Valentine," "80s Love," "Broken Love," and "Talk to Me, Barry," love jams from the legendary Barry White featuring spoken introductions. Zune software also makes it easy for people to create their own playlists in seconds by simply dragging and dropping songs to the playlist icon.

With a bright 3.2-inch screen and premium in-ear noise-isolating headphones, the red Zune 80GB is the latest addition to the new line of Zune wireless players, which also includes the slim, ultra-portable Zune 4GB and Zune 8GB, available in pink, green, black and red. All three models offer wireless sync and sharing, a built-in FM tuner, and the new Zune Pad, a touch-sensitive navigation button that lets people fly through menus or lists with the flick of the thumb, or click to easily change songs or adjust the volume. The Zune 80GB (estimated retail price $249), Zune 8GB (ERP $199) and Zune 4GB (ERP $149) are available at retailers nationwide and at http://www.zuneoriginals.net.

More information on great Zune Valentine's Day offers from Zune Originals and retailers nationwide is available at http://www.zune.net/valentines.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Dangle

System Name Vista
Processor Q6600
Memory 2GB Corsair 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Storage 300GB 7.2kRPM Seagate for OS; 74GB 10kRPM WD for Games
Audio Device(s) XFi
Power Supply 750W
Cool! I was waiting for more colors to be released. I don't want red tho too girly.

sheps999

UK. Where it's always lovely and su-...no, never m
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte such-and-such
Cooling FANS
Memory 2GB mixed
Video Card(s) Nvidia FX5200
Storage 80GB Maxtor, 80GB WDC, 250GB Seagate, 160GB WDC
Display(s) Dell
Case Faux Alienware lighty-uppy case
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Corsair 400w
Software Windows XP Pro SP3
Benchmark Scores LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND oh god why
Doesn't the Zune have serious problems with the current firmware, i.e. random freezeing, shutting down and rebooting? I had considered getting a Zune, but then I read about these problems on the Zune forums, and the Ipod suddenly started to look a lot better.

But still, I'm glad there's another colour other than black for the Zune 80.

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
AWWW.... it says "I love you" on the back.... yawn. I'm surprised that it doesn't say "I :love: u" or something lame like that. Nice v-day present, what happend to flowers? Or jewelry. How romantic, a Zune.

Come on.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
ewwwwwwwwww. i like he red, but the stuff on the back. if i gave that to a girl she'll most probably slap me silly.

Dangle

System Name Vista
Processor Q6600
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Audio Device(s) XFi
Power Supply 750W
Doesn't the Zune have serious problems with the current firmware, i.e. random freezeing, shutting down and rebooting? I had considered getting a Zune, but then I read about these problems on the Zune forums, and the Ipod suddenly started to look a lot better.

But still, I'm glad there's another colour other than black for the Zune 80.

I have had a zune since release. Many of my family and friends have zune. a few have zune 80s. They have no problems. Sure there's chance that you could have problems. If you think ipod is more stable, go check the ipod technical support forums on apple's website - I've had to post there a few times with my iPods.

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Awww you can feel the love everytime you play a song haha.

sheps999

UK. Where it's always lovely and su-...no, never m
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte such-and-such
Cooling FANS
Memory 2GB mixed
Video Card(s) Nvidia FX5200
Storage 80GB Maxtor, 80GB WDC, 250GB Seagate, 160GB WDC
Display(s) Dell
Case Faux Alienware lighty-uppy case
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Corsair 400w
Software Windows XP Pro SP3
Benchmark Scores LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND oh god why
I have had a zune since release. Many of my family and friends have zune. a few have zune 80s. They have no problems. Sure there's chance that you could have problems. If you think ipod is more stable, go check the ipod technical support forums on apple's website - I've had to post there a few times with my iPods.

Thanks for that :). An Ipod was kind of a last resort ;)

Dangle

System Name Vista
Processor Q6600
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Audio Device(s) XFi
Power Supply 750W
Thanks for that :). An Ipod was kind of a last resort ;)
Yea, sheps, all the sheeps buy iPods :). Jk - ipod is a cool device, but let's be honest - people walking around campus with white earbuds look like total dweebs - we all know they're trying to show off the fact that they own the latest ipod.

BTW I even modded my old brown zune and put in the 80 GB hard drive, and the thing worked like a charm. (then I sold it on ebay for $370 a week before the new zune was announced. (and another $60 for the old used 30gb hard drive)).

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
MY zune 30GB works great, no problems at all - currently on latest firmware 2.3