• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

se"x"box FOX news and mass effect

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
Sorry to say it, y'all, but the most violent, explicit, disturbing form of entertainment:

The local evening news.

Follow with a viewing of a national news broadcast on CNN or FOX, and you'll be guaranteed to be numb to violence within 5 years.

True, first five mins is going to be about someones death today, a robbery, and probably someones house catching on fire... and then they wait til the end of the news cast and lets you know the good things...
Every time Now when I hear about this or that because of the media, I think now about this song The Evening News.. Its just true
IMO

its like this they support war and kids hear about it see it on tv and then they see it in a computer game and its not okay you know thatkilling someone in a war is just the same as murdering someone because they did something to you like start a fight or sleep with your wife

adult only 18 is for like shit like manhunt that is disgusting

mate its coz people back years ago before consoles americans were racists and a lot of things wrernt aloud back then like habing a wank was frowned upon you know or how women werent aloud rights

Americans are so patronising lets be honest there are some decent people in america who think intelligently and think seriously and hard way up the facts and research their argument well before committing an opinion or thought or expressing one but lets be honest the majority of Americans are dumbass who are backwards do not think freely or are the complete opposite too liberal and take it to far

stubborn is a good word to describe some people

lets get this straight Mass Effect in the UK has a 12+ rating and thats not even the bbfc rating you know the ones in the red circle

it dosnt involve any graphic sex scenes at all you only see some body shots not any sex type body parts

as for killing and shooting in the game you are fighting robots not humans
you know there is a war going on in iraq that kiddies hear about and see on tv

there are no dead bodies in mass effect no gore nothing offensive unlike real war real life

its a game its not reality i play it for fun and i play it because i like playing computer games i like driving fancy cars i like being able to do stuff i cant do in real life and a lot of games are a simulation like sports games simulate a specific sport

sometimes i play a game for its story or character
COD 4 simulates MODERN WAR

fuck i think that you shouldnt leave a child under 12 in a house alone for more than an hour even then its dodgy

once your 12 your free to play Mass Effect

I think that most dads arnt into games like gears of war and mass effect they are into shit like wii sports tiger woods scene it you know pfft guitar hero 3 if they like rock and metal

you know you can just change the options on the xbox 360 and password protect it if you really thought your kid would try to play your games

honestly id just bring my kid up with a decent sense of morality so that when he/she saw a game where people were shot at he/she knew it wasnt real and that it was dangerous and that it was just made up and that someone created it someone made it up that just as in the game when i shoot someone they die in real life aswell its like when you crash a car same shit happens in the game

id tell my kid that people are supposed to die of natural causes such as old age or being sick and that others shouldnt take their life away so they are supposed to live because humans are born we dont have the right to take away a life we didnt create its not like we decide who an unborn baby will be

you know America still has the death penalty in some states and guns are legal so you take them away so that people wont die

no one has to be killed even if they took a life away you know we could just cause discomfort to someone for the rest of their life if they killed someone

like 20years sentence to chinese torture now that would be revenge and its about rehabilitating you know its a waste if someone is just sentenced to death

i mean if some one is dead you know they die and what happens nothing they are just gone like the person that got murderd it takes minutes to die but years of torture is YEARS not minutes

rehabilitation because there is a reason for every murder and if found it can be corrected

you know people when shot dont die from being shot thats ridiculous they die from blood loss and or trauma caused by a gunshot wound

people dont want fear they want to be able to just live there lives without harassment or having anything unnecessary done to them or to others

i want to understand why people did something so that i can see how they think and then change them it is within every human to be able to change another person it is the person being changed who stops the other changing them

every person can be changed its up to them whether they allow it or understand it, no point changing someone if they dont understand then its up to you to make them understand

stubborn people will not change for here nor heaven

having the right to live is like people saying that we are allowing you to live its just that its nature to live thats what happens and we shouldnt kill someone because its not whats intended
stubborn people belive everything in life is scripted that we cant change the future but we can its just that what we are trying to change can refuse

humans have free will so the world cannot be scripted

Water Drop

Processor Intel Xeon X3210 Quad Core (G0) @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty Dark P35-T2RS
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120A w/ Scythe S-Flex F 120mm
Memory G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-1000
Video Card(s) eVGA Geforce 8800GT 512MB
Storage WD Black 1TB + 320GB
Display(s) Dell Ultrasharp 20.1" Widescreen 2005FPW (1680x1050)
Case Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/window (black inside and out, debadged)
Power Supply Seasonic X750 Gold
Software Windows 7 Professional x64
This is probably the first time I have ever cheered for EA.

EA :toast: Me

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
Americans are so patronising lets be honest there are some decent people in america who think intelligently and think seriously and hard way up the facts and research their argument well before committing an opinion or thought or expressing one but lets be honest the majority of Americans are dumbass who are backwards do not think freely or are the complete opposite too liberal and take it to far

y'know . . . study's have reported that the average IQ of americans is only 70. Most IQ scales equate a score of 80-110 as being average, which places americans on average as being below average intelligence.

Sadly, I find this to be more and more true everyday.

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
Sorry to say it, y'all, but the most violent, explicit, disturbing form of entertainment:

The local evening news.

Follow with a viewing of a national news broadcast on CNN or FOX, and you'll be guaranteed to be numb to violence within 5 years.

Fear sells - and people watch it. Why do you think there are so many specials on the criminal mind, the scam artist, how Joe Schmoe got duped into being murdered - crazy hitchikers, etc.

The national news networks: instilling fear because people want it!

totally agree not only that it (fox news and other stations) kill more brain cells then bottle of vodka and an ounce of pot

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
A side boob, and an ass.... We see worse on network television.

Graogrim

System Name Paradigm
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43
Cooling OEM
Memory 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2133
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2 GB
Storage 128 MB Corsair M4 SSD + 1 TB WD Caviar Black
Display(s) Samsung 24"
Case Rosewill Challenger USB 3
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply Corsair GS 800
Software Windows 7 64 bit
y'know . . . study's have reported that the average IQ of americans is only 70. Most IQ scales equate a score of 80-110 as being average, which places americans on average as being below average intelligence.
Studies have also at times reported that black is white, that up is down, that Democrats will lower taxes and that 85% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Regrettably, there are darker aspects of human nature that often lead to people denigrating and tearing down others to bolster their own self-worth. It's commonly visible in "Nvidia/ATI/Intel/Microsoft/Sony/Apple/Linux/<insert country here>/<insert ethnicity here> sucks!" type statements. Personally, I try to avoid falling into that trap. I'm not always successful, but I do at least try. Especially on boards with a constructive purpose where it pays to be civil to one another.

I urge others to try, too.

Processor i7 920
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Software windows 7 64bit
ohhh baby alien side boob no im gunna go commit a tripple homicide

B1gg3stN00b

System Name Free Rig/Compaq Laptop
Processor E6750/Turion X2 1.9ghz
Motherboard EVGA 680i SLI/Quanta EA30
Cooling Random big fans!
Memory 8GB Geil Black Dragon/2GB G-Skill 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) Nvidia 8800GTS/Nvidia 7000M - Hauppage PCIX TV Tuner
Storage 250gb SATA WD/120gb internal Samsung SATA
Display(s) ASUS 21.5" 1080P monitor
Case Raidmax Smilodon/Regular
Audio Device(s) Stock into 2.1 Altec Lansing Rig
Power Supply Cooler Master 650W/12 cell HP battery
Software Vista Ult. 64 Bit, Ubuntu 64 Bit 8.10/Vista Ult. 32 Bit, Ubuntu 8.04 32
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
but lets be honest the majority of Americans are dumbass who are backwards do not think freely or are the complete opposite too liberal and take it to far

Looks like YOU watch too much TV news in your country.
How about backing that comment up?
Oh, BTW and you should try use a period once in a while.
Hard to believe a DUMBASS like me could have noticed that.

Last edited:
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10

Sadly, Figures LIE and LIARS figure.
Go figure.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Sadly, Figures LIE and LIARS figure.
Go figure.

yeah - figures can be misleading, our two political parties have been stuffing the polls for decades . . .

but, in regards to the majority of americans being a little . . . slow; how often do you see that every day?

I mean, I understand even the best of us have off days - but, there can't be that many people every single day.

I look at it like this - when examining a person's intelligence, you often find a correlation between intelligence and "herd mentality," or the ability to think for oneself. I see more and more, that the vast majority of people will believe anything as long as it sounds reasonable; and that common sense is not so common. People have become readily willing to tune into their local newscasts every evening, and take as gospel whatever the anchors speil.

Many people just lack an ability to think - sad because it's true. Prime example of a "stunt" that was pulled in this region as an April Fool's joke back in 1993 by "Tommy & The Bull" (an extremelly popular local radio morning show):

Thier most infamous stunt got them suspended from their jobs together for telling listeners on April Fools' Day 1992 that a local landfill which had been turned into a city park, nicknamed Mount Trashmore, was about to blow up because of a methane gas buildup. Like the Orson Welles' 1939 Mars Invasion spoof, the radio duo used a mock news report, complete with phony seismic information from the University of Virginia, and on-air calls from experts (who in reality were Griffiths' friends). Though they thought they were giving obvious clues to the prank by naming fictitious evacuation highways, and citing a YMCA located less than 100 yards from the park as an evacuation site, but the jokesters convinced hundreds of gullible residents that the hill was about to explode from a gas buildup inside. This went on all day and the whole city fell for it. Their suspensions followed as it seems the FCC was not amused when local 911 lines were deluged with calls from concerned citizens.

Thousands of people fell for it - not hundreds, but thousands. Even 2 of the 5 local news stations, because no one took the time to stop and think "Hey, today's April 1st, we're to evactuate to a center right beside the park, or use highways that don't exist . . ."

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
yeah - figures can be misleading, our two political parties have been stuffing the polls for decades . . .

but, in regards to the majority of americans being a little . . . slow; how often do you see that every day?

I mean, I understand even the best of us have off days - but, there can't be that many people every single day.

I look at it like this - when examining a person's intelligence, you often find a correlation between intelligence and "herd mentality," or the ability to think for oneself. I see more and more, that the vast majority of people will believe anything as long as it sounds reasonable; and that common sense is not so common. People have become readily willing to tune into their local newscasts every evening, and take as gospel whatever the anchors speil.

Many people just lack an ability to think - sad because it's true. Prime example of a "stunt" that was pulled in this region as an April Fool's joke back in 1993 by "Tommy & The Bull" (an extremelly popular local radio morning show):

Thousands of people fell for it - not hundreds, but thousands. Even 2 of the 5 local news stations, because no one took the time to stop and think "Hey, today's April 1st, we're to evactuate to a center right beside the park, or use highways that don't exist . . ."

Yes, that story reminds me of the Orson Wells original War Of The Worlds broadcast way back when. It was a 1930's radio broadcast that spurred panic of an alien invasion from mars.
Also,...I have found that some of the MOST intelligent people in the world are also very trusting and GULLIBLE!!

flashstar

System Name Einstein IV
Processor 1090t @ 3.8 Ghz
Motherboard Fatal1ty 990FX Professional
Cooling Swiftech H20 Cooling Kit w/ Apogee XT Rev. 2
Memory 32 GB DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI 260 XT 216 edition
Storage 2x 120gb Sandisk Extreme SSDs, 1x 120 gb Corsair Force 2
Display(s) Samsung BW206
Case Lian-li Lan-cool
Audio Device(s) M-Audio Profire 610
Power Supply Corsair TX-750
I thought that people like Hillary Clinton and other far left loonies were the ones who were complaining about video games...

I don't recall Fox ever bashing games. They might have discussions with people who don't like video games, but the network itself isn't oriented against games.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Yes, that story reminds me of the Orson Wells original War Of The Worlds broadcast way back when. It was a 1930's radio broadcast that spurred panic of an alien invasion from mars.[/QUOTE}

Well, it was the way they directed the broadcast - not the content.

Also,...I have found that some of the MOST intelligent people in the world are also very trusting and GULLIBLE!!

very true, also - but not always the case. Many people that fall into the "genius" category tend to fall into a few groups of "social disorders," even though they don't really have a condition. They tend to just be disconnected from society, in a way.

Not saying that they can't be had, though - but not as common. Besides, the smaller the percentage of people that fit into a certain category, the less it takes to equal a majority ;)

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1

russianboy

Processor AMD 3500+ Venice at stock
Motherboard ECS K8T890-A
Memory 1 Gb Corsair Valueram CAS 3
Video Card(s) Connect3d X800 GTO OC'd to 551.25/551.25
Storage 4 mixed up drives
Display(s) Acer AL2216W 22"LCD
Case Generic noname crap
Audio Device(s) Realtec AC'97
Power Supply 500 watt Ultra PSU
Software Win2k Pro, XP, Ubuntu linux, and Vista
Last edited:

Graogrim

System Name Paradigm
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43
Cooling OEM
Display(s) Samsung 24"
Software Windows 7 64 bit
Actually, all that really demonstrates is that if you put someone abruptly under stress for which they are unprepared, they are more likely to make errors in judgement. This is true of all the peoples of the Earth. The only trick is to match the delivery mechanism to the culture. Do that and you can make any population in the world appear foolish.

Processor i7 920
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Software windows 7 64bit
lol nice find dude

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Brilliant Sesslers a god.

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Where did you hear that? Some random youtube video? It's actually 98 which is still lower than a few other industrialized nations, but certainly not 70. Furthermore ,it is debatable whether the IQ test is an accurate measure of intelligence.

System Name HOMECOMPUTER
Processor Intel i9 - 9900k @ 5.1Ghz - 1.31v
Motherboard Asux ROG Maximus XI Hero Wifi
Cooling ek supremacy evo full nickle, 2xEK 360 Radiators, ek d5 pump/res combo, ek full cover 2080ti block
Memory 16GB DDR 3600 Trident Z RGB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2080TI
Storage 1xWD black NVME 500GB, 1xSamsung 970 Evo Plus NVME 1TB
Display(s) 2 Dell Gaming 27" 1440P Gsync
Case Lian LI PC-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Evga P2 1200Watt
Mouse Zowie FK1+
Keyboard Corsair Strafe rgb silent
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i'm working on that
wow this is about the stupidest thing i've ever watched. What a load of crap. i don't even know what to say. i'm perfectly fine, i'm not a sadist, masochist, sexist, racisit, and i live for violent games and sex and nudity. at the end of the day i go back to work and the games and shit stay exactly where they should be in the pc/xbox/ps3. it's just fuckin stupid the way people get off on this media crap. If i had my way i get master seargent to fuck the "psychologist's" day up quick. who's with me :)))

BullGod

Where did you hear that? Some random youtube video? It's actually 98 which is still lower than a few other industrialized nations, but certainly not 70. Furthermore ,it is debatable whether the IQ test is an accurate measure of intelligence.

That's still low dude. Imo the IQ test is like 3dMark, it doesn't fully apply to real life situations but it gives you a general idea...

Graogrim

System Name Paradigm
Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43
Cooling OEM
Display(s) Samsung 24"